Photo

Insane cheat codes vs realism

66 replies to this topic
leyja
  • leyja

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

This isnt another wishlist thread rather would rockstar ignore the limits of in game physics when it comes to cheat codes? Gta 4's cheat codes were few but there wasnt no insane type of cheat codes other than explosive punch. Will rockstar put cheat codes similar to gta sa like: flying cars, invisible cars, jumping really high, and that sort of type because cars cant fly(the in game engine i mean)?

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

I miss the rhino tank, and slow motion cheat from San Andreas. Slow motion was great because even the sound was in slow mo. It even worked during missions. The Rhino tank never gets old, i spent countless hours causing mayhem using it.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

I sure hope they bring those cheats back. One of the main attractions to GTA games were the awesome cheats.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

I would love to see the return of the more insane cheats like flying cars, or making cars float away from hitting them, super punches, maybe even a flying protagonist now! It's all in good fun, and if people don't like them then they don't have to use them.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

I hope the crazy cheats are back. Applying realism like fuel and crap to gameplay would be one thing, but to limit cheats with realism would probably indicate some form of insanity.

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

No they wont. Rockstar are realism fanboys so they wont even try.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

Having the same cheats as SA would grant GTA at least 50 more hours of playability. Seeing R* has included some cool cheats in TBOGT, I figure V will have a lot, they probably used TBOGT as a test.

Diecontrollersdie
  • Diecontrollersdie

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

Invisible cars is available on PC using trainer then why not on Consoles too?

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

I want the insane cheat codes to act as toggle switches turning the realism on and off in different exact ways.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

...i only care for infinite health, ammo and things like that you know...those things that give you an an unfair advantage (yes i love being unfair so pi*s off...), so things like people mention in this thread (flying cars, low gravity, slow mo mode, heavy punches...etc...) i just never bothered with them and not going to...they add absolutely nothnig to the game and make it look retarded...

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 01:12)
...i only care for infinite health, ammo and things like that you know...those things that give you an an unfair advantage (yes i love being unfair so pi*s off...), so things like people mention in this thread (flying cars, low gravity, slow mo mode, heavy punches...etc...) i just never bothered with them and not going to...they add absolutely nothnig to the game and make it look retarded...

Flying cars gave you an advantage in SA. When used in a race, the cars would take of at full speed and drive off into the sky. Easy win, lol.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:17 AM Edited by ThisIsHorosho, 04 December 2012 - 08:19 AM.

QUOTE (Carlover325 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 08:16)

Flying cars gave you an advantage in SA. When used in a race, the cars would take of at full speed and drive off into the sky. Easy win, lol.

...whatever dude...i'm basically saying that i don't like using cheats that don't make any sense...and flying cars don't make any sense...ESPECIALLY in a game that is aimed towards realism...nuff said...its like really now?! a flying car? but if you want to fly so much, why not just use a plane instead? but no you have to resort to something that doesn't make a tiny sense...

leyja
  • leyja

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 08:17)

...whatever dude...i'm basically saying that i don't like using cheats that don't make any sense...and flying cars don't make any sense...ESPECIALLY in a game that is aimed towards realism...nuff said...its like really now?! a flying car? but if you want to fly so much, why not just use a plane instead? but no you have to resort to something that doesn't make a tiny sense...

yep but gta 4 was meant to be more realistic than other gtas however everytime you fell off a building and died youd be back like nothing, and you could keep doing it over n over-now that aint realistic

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 01:17)

Are you really serious? How the hell is SUMMONING CARS FROM EMPTY SPACE less realistic than making them fly? How the hell are cheats realistic in the first place? Are you serious right now? Realistic cheat codes? Really? Seriously?

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

I say put the cheats in, and whoever wants to use them can use them. Besides, it's fun messing around with cheats in a GTA game, doesn't mean you need to use them during missions. I personally like cheats...

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:02 AM Edited by gta5freemode4eva, 04 December 2012 - 09:06 AM.

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 07:24)
No they wont. Rockstar are realism fanboys so they wont even try.

I really hope this isn't the case as the cheats added a fun element to the game. I liked the 'cars float away when hit' cheat, was funny to slam on the brakes, the police crash into you, then in a couple of seconds you would wee the police start to float over your car.
Maybe they will put the 'fun' cheats in, they are after all giving us 'toys' to buy throughout the game, i just hope this isn't INSTEAD of the fun cheats.

In anycase, people that dont want the funny cheats dont have to use them so why NOT put them in?

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 08:49)
QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 01:17)

Are you really serious? How the hell is SUMMONING CARS FROM EMPTY SPACE less realistic than making them fly? How the hell are cheats realistic in the first place? Are you serious right now? Realistic cheat codes? Really? Seriously?

when i'm saying "doesn't make any sense" i don't mean realistic or not...because unlike you i can separate what doesn't make any sense and what is just plain unrealistic sarcasm.gif ...

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

This is the typical post III-era fan who has no idea what made GTA what it is today.

You think IV alone would have given GTA this mega-franchise status? HAHAHA!

Flying cars + Rhino ftw! Also, I remember a cheat in SA where you could jump like 50 feet? All that sh*t should return.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (rare.steak @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 09:10)

This is the typical post III-era fan who has no idea what made GTA what it is today.

Flying cars + Rhino ftw! Also, I remember a cheat in SA where you could jump like 50 feet? All that sh*t should return.

no i'm saying what doesn't make any sense doesn't make any sense...period...and by the way i hate GTAIV and i play San Andreas on a regular basis, but that doesn't mean that if i don't like using all those retarded cheats than i cannot enjoy playing San Andreas...

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 09:14)

no i'm saying what doesn't make any sense doesn't make any sense...period...and by the way i hate GTAIV and i play San Andreas on a regular basis, but that doesn't mean that if i don't like using all those retarded cheats than i cannot enjoy playing San Andreas...

It's for fun, you idiot.

Why do you even play the game? It's for entertainment. That makes no sense to you, does it?

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (rare.steak @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 09:17)
QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 09:14)

It's for fun, you idiot.

Why do you even play the game? It's for entertainment. That makes no sense to you, does it?

yes sir it doesn't...its not for entertainment its for stupidity of an underage hot headed teen, who likes using anything that doesn't make any sense...i still insist that those "fun" how people call them cheats are plain retarded and only ruin GTA experience of open world simulation and is something that breaks immersion completely and if you're fan of that whacky stuff then maybe GTA is not for you? maybe Saints Row The Third should be your pick?...

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Are you sure you're a fan of SA or were you just lying about that to argue your point? If you're such a simulation whore, you're in the wrong place. Please allow me to re-direct you. Excellent open-world simulation imo. No flying cars or super punches, promise.

http://www.thesims3.com/

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:25 AM Edited by ThisIsHorosho, 04 December 2012 - 09:30 AM.

QUOTE (rare.steak @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 09:22)
Are you sure you're a fan of SA or were you just lying about that to argue your point? If you're such a simulation whore, you're in the wrong place. Please allow me to re-direct you. Excellent open-world simulation imo. No flying cars or super punches, promise.

yes i'm sure i'm SA fan...thanks...besides its like i said there's difference between something that makes sense or not and something that is realistic or not...if you'd care to read between the lines you'd already find that out already instead of arguing...because yes! visiting toilets, bathtubs/showers, puking/farting/pissing/scatting and so on is YES realistic, but does it make sense in GTA game? no it doesn't? because basically its crime open world simulator, that emphasis on killing people and stealing their vehicles!...so introducing something as insufficient as those features i listed above wouldn't add anything to the gameplay...so its completely unnecessary...that is to answer your SIMS comparison...

S5L3T0
  • S5L3T0

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 09:25)
QUOTE (rare.steak @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 09:22)

yes i'm sure i'm SA fan...thanks...besides its like i said there's difference between something that makes sense or not and something that is realistic or not...if you'd care to read between the lines you'd already find that out already instead of arguing...because yes! visiting toilets, bathtubs/showers, puking/farting/pissing/scatting and so on is YES realistic, but does it make sense in GTA game? no it doesn't? because basically its crime open world simulator, that emphasis on killing people and stealing their vehicles!...so introducing something as insufficient as those features i listed above wouldn't add anything to the gameplay...so its completely unnecessary...that is to answer your SIMS comparison...

YOU make no sense. Ever. If you don't like those cheats, don't type them in. Pretty simple huh?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:49 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 04 December 2012 - 09:55 AM.

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 20:20)
yes sir it doesn't...its not for entertainment its for stupidity of an underage hot headed teen, who likes using anything that doesn't make any sense...i still insist that those "fun" how people call them cheats are plain retarded and only ruin GTA experience of open world simulation and is something that breaks immersion completely and if you're fan of that whacky stuff then maybe GTA is not for you? maybe Saints Row The Third should be your pick?...

How does something you're not forced to use ruin the experience? Maybe it ruins yours, but you're not the only one who plays these games are you?

For as long as I've been a GTA fan for I don't even think I've used half of the cheats across all the games, but I'm sure there are people who do. Just because you don't like to use them doesn't mean others don't. Quit being a selfish ass. confused.gif

Also I find it amazing how you hate GTA IV so much yet on the contrary as far as cheats go it would be the perfect game for you because it doesn't have the "retarded" cheats like flying cars, slow mo etc. Of course you'll never know because you've never played it.

I don't even know how anyone could oppose to this. I couldn't care less if R* put in a cheat to summon a horny Leprechaun named Mick who gets drunk and f*cks horses. I'm not forced to used it so why would I care?

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 09:49)

How does something you're not forced to use ruin the experience? Maybe it ruins yours, but you're not the only one who plays these games are you?

For as long as I've been a GTA fan for I don't even think I've used half of the cheats across all the games, but I'm sure there are people who do. Just because you don't like to use them doesn't mean others don't. Quit being a selfish ass. confused.gif

Also I find it amazing how you hate GTA IV so much yet on the contrary as far as cheats go it would be the perfect game for you because it doesn't have the "retarded" cheats like flying cars, slow mo etc. Of course you'll never know because you've never played it.

I don't even know how anyone could oppose to this. I couldn't care less if R* put in a cheat to summon a horny Leprechaun named Mick who gets drunk and f*cks horses. I'm not forced to used it so why would I care?

there're more things i hate GTAIV for than just some realism immersion stuff...its basically lack of features and weapons...so one word - lack of content would be it...if GTAIV would have all the features, weapons and vehicles of GTA SA in addition to much more, then i'd be perfectly fine with it...

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:24 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 04 December 2012 - 10:34 AM.

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 21:11)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 09:49)

there're more things i hate GTAIV for than just some realism immersion stuff...its basically lack of features and weapons...so one word - lack of content would be it...if GTAIV would have all the features, weapons and vehicles of GTA SA in addition to much more, then i'd be perfectly fine with it...

Yeah, but the fact you've admitted several times you've never played it puzzles me. No amount of internet research will ever be a substitute for actually playing the game and deciding yourself.

It's like the video game equivalent of buying a car you know that doesn't have a stereo system like the previous model and writing it off as sh*t before driving it.

Anyway that's beside the point. Why does it matter to you if there's flying cars, slow mo etc? Why can't others enjoy cheats that are less than reality based?

Saying "go play blah blah" makes you look like a brainless neanderthal incapable of accepting what others may like. The simple thing to do is just avoid it because lets face it GTA cheats are hardly dangled in someone's face are they?

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

I hope the crazy cheats return. They were fun to use every once in a while, although I mainly just used weapon, health, and money cheats.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (golf wang @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 21:38)
I hope the crazy cheats return. They were fun to use every once in a while, although I mainly just used weapon, health, and money cheats.

I liked the super punch cheat in TBOGT and the explosive sniper rifle. I may have liked GTA IV's grittiness, but even I enjoy letting off some steam too with some good, old fashion GTA carnage. cool.gif

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 02:40)
QUOTE (golf wang @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 21:38)

I liked the super punch cheat in TBOGT and the explosive sniper rifle. I may have liked GTA IV's grittiness, but even I enjoy letting off some steam too with some good, old fashion GTA carnage. cool.gif

Hahah explosive punch was awesome biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users