Children

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
825 replies to this topic
Beee
  • Beee

Beee

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

no kids tounge.gif don't wanna shoot kids, don't wanna run over kids..

add Midgets/dwarfs.. then at least its not small kids but, well you get the point..

J32T3R
  • J32T3R

Stone Free

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:19 PM Edited by J32T3R, 04 December 2012 - 09:38 PM.

Like the hundredth thread that talks about nothing, if care about mama R* you wouldn't want this crap

Edit.

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (J32T3R @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 21:19)
Like the hundredth thread that talks about nothing, if you your mama R* so much you wouldn't want this crap

The first bit of the post was in English, the second part seems to be written in gibberish - care to rephrase that ?

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

This is a slippery slope adding kids, because it would open the door for other used of a child npc. First killing and then sexual acts.
I read someone says we kill cops in GTA so why not kids. This is a crime series so fighting cops is a no brainer. But kill children has no reason, so as many people say on here. "Just a waste of data space."

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

To be honest, they would be boring. Even if we couldn't touch them without mods, they'd rile up LOADS of negative attention towards Rockstar. I don't think a feature such as children is worth the hellstorm of lawsuits they will get. They do have teenagers, though. I think Red Dead had 16 year olds.

ForumName
  • ForumName

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (goh13 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 03:31)
QUOTE (Mefris @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 03:22)
QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 03:06)
QUOTE (Mefris @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 03:05)
Some of the best mods in any games are those that allow you to kill children[...]

........what?

Well y'know, particularly annoying ones like Mcreary ..... and I'm not the only one who thinks so, the video has something like two hundred thousand views.

I fail to see how that justifies killing children....ANY children.When you'll grow up and have "annoying" children of your own you come and tell me otherwise (in which case I'll notify child's services).

I know this will sound absurd considering we're on a forum dedicated to a game in which you can kill anyone/anything but everything you wrote is just f*cked up.

But you see, kids of out own are made of flesh and blood. They are ours. The only thing stopping us from killing others is:

1- Our love for our kids and the idea of losing them then thinking about the feelings of other parnets.
2- Reason- I will shot a kid if he was killing other kids and adults. Maybe I will aim for the legs but I will still shot. I lack the reason to shot normal kids or adults in my day to day life.
3- The law- for some crazy people anyway.

Can you prove that kids in video games are alive? Do they feel pain? Does their family cry when they die?

If you can, thus proves two things:

1- Game coders are gods.
2- I am wrong.

As harsh and crazy my posts sounds, it is true.

They could. For all we know this is a computer simulation right now.

http://www.vice.com/...w-0000329-v19n9

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

i just want to kill some babies colgate.gif

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (M0B5TA @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 22:09)
i just want to kill some babies colgate.gif

icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif that's just sick!!! icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif

philly_madman
  • philly_madman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

original poster makes a valid point but still, children arent even supposed to BUY the game because of its rating, much less be killable in it, if u had children in a few cutscenes where you cant murder them that might be ok, but with so many people worried that video games cause kids to emulate what they play, killable chldren will never, ever be in a gta game. theres always controversy with these games, but i seriously doubt rockstar would wanna answer to the soccer moms about being able to knock off a kid at a playground..just my opinion i suppose

Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Op you should know that, killing Women,Men,Cops,Paramedics,The Elderly, and Animals is very acceptable. But killing any human below the age of 18 is disgusting, and your a sick bastard. Because all kids are innocent angels that can do no wrong, right?

Right? sarcasm.gif

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

As another poster has stated, GTA is a crime series, gangsters wouldn't kill children..................... cops maybe....

Back to the point I was making killing children is unacceptable end of story real or not, having children ingame being unkillable, would make it supernatural and totally fictitous, so the best solution would be to not have children ingame full stop, now as another poster mentioned about children in cutscenes, that's different, remember there was a baby in VCS (Phill Cassidy's Niece)

Anyway it's purely academic, because R* would be commiting PR suicide to even propose such a feature.....

It's a shame really the way things have turned out because the GTA series used to be all about things like getting the cutscene heli in GTA LCS or the Skylift in TBOGT and getting to locked islands early in GTA III ect, but now it seems some of the people on this thread are obsessed with a feature that allows the player to kill children and animals sad.gif

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (junior731657 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 23:14)
As another poster has stated, GTA is a crime series, gangsters wouldn't kill children..................... cops maybe....

Back to the point I was making killing children is unacceptable end of story real or not, having children ingame being unkillable, would make it supernatural and totally fictitous, so the best solution would be to not have children ingame full stop, now as another poster mentioned about children in cutscenes, that's different, remember there was a baby in VCS (Phill Cassidy's Niece)

Anyway it's purely academic, because R* would be commiting PR suicide to even propose such a feature.....

It's a shame really the way things have turned out because the GTA series used to be all about things like getting the cutscene heli in GTA LCS or the Skylift in TBOGT and getting to locked islands early in GTA III ect, but now it seems some of the people on this thread are obsessed with a feature that allows the player to kill children and animals sad.gif

Amen. Gangsters, true gangsters, see killing a child as unreasonable act that would bring more heat than needed. GTA unlike other sandboxes is known for its degree of realism. Most criminal, Micheal type, knows 'brains before bullets'.

philly_madman
  • philly_madman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

child murder, molestation, rape, school shootings, etc....these are crimes that are even too much for GTA. the empty playgrounds that show up in some of them show that children do exist in the world, but being able to walk up and shoot one in the face, or rape him is just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than people need. its a crime game yes, but based on the crime of stealing cars, thefts, heists, gang wars, drugs, none of that needs to involve anyone under 18. yes children do commit crimes in real life, yes kids get killed and raped in real life, why put that into a video game? thats realism that goes too far. simple as that, cutscenes only

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:37 PM Edited by junior731657, 04 December 2012 - 11:43 PM.

Philly and NoNative..................... icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

A psycho protagonist would kill everything else but spare children and animals everytime smile.gif

BasedJACK
  • BasedJACK

From the clan of keyboard warriors

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (junior731657 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 23:14)

I agree with this post so much confused.gif
Just because they are "pixels" doesn't make it any less sick.

Anotherday.Anotherhistory
  • Anotherday.Anotherhistory

And the one-eyed BEAST SHALL ARRIVE!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (junior731657 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 23:37)
Philly and NoNative..................... icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

A psycho protagonist would kill everything else but spare children and animals everytime smile.gif

FYI, I WILL LOVE TO KILL DEM DOGS devil.gif
Using flame throwers, And every kind of maniacal things they've provided this time.

philly_madman
  • philly_madman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

killng animals isnt the problem, i killed many horses and dogs and all sorts of animals in RDR, id rocketlaunch a dog too. the problem is children. The only thing with animals i wouldn't add is dog fighting michael vick style. Some people would like that, but that will cause hell too. (i could actually seeing that being kinda fun, but peta will be all over that sh*t)

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:02 AM Edited by matajuegos, 05 December 2012 - 12:29 AM.

QUOTE (Anotherday.Anotherhistory @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 23:58)
QUOTE (junior731657 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 23:37)

FYI, I WILL LOVE TO KILL DEM DOGS devil.gif
Using flame throwers, And every kind of maniacal things they've provided this time.

Welcome to the forums icon14.gif

EDIT: Goodbye from the forums icon14.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

I would like to see children, it would make the environment a little more believable, for once there is a teenager in the storyline, I don't think anyone has issues with teenagers being in game, they're hardly innocent.

Young kids like I said I don't mind, and I don't give a f*ck killing them in game, who cares? They don't exist, it does notmatter at all, not in the slightest. If it's an issue With the media and that they should not add them.

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (philly_madman @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 00:01)
killng animals isnt the problem, i killed many horses and dogs and all sorts of animals in RDR, id rocketlaunch a dog too. the problem is children. The only thing with animals i wouldn't add is dog fighting michael vick style. Some people would like that, but that will cause hell too. (i could actually seeing that being kinda fun, but peta will be all over that sh*t)

Don't get me started on PETA.... loonies pretending to be animal lovers lol

That nutter Ingrid Newkirk would be all likely to lock herself in a crate naked outside R* HQ lol...

szmty
  • szmty

Hi Ho

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 00:06)
I would like to see children, it would make the environment a little more believable, for once there is a teenager in the storyline, I don't think anyone has issues with teenagers being in game, they're hardly innocent.

Young kids like I said I don't mind, and I don't give a f*ck killing them in game, who cares? They don't exist, it does notmatter at all, not in the slightest. If it's an issue With the media and that they should not add them.

suicidal.gif
It DOES matter. Children are in a whole different level. There's a huge difference between adults and children. A very big one.
How could it be the same to kill a kid than to kill an adult? It is not the same at all!

I don't realize why people say "ugh, killin elders is awwight, but killin kidz aint no kool." I mean it's pretty obvious. I'm not saying that all children are angels or completely innocent, because I admit that a lot are annoying as sh*t, but that children are more sensitive. Imagine what would do a child if you push him, kick him or even shoot them... thinking about it makes me sick!

I'm completely aware that they would be just 0s and 1s, but remember that R* is going all realistic on humans. They don't look like they did in VC or SA any more. They would have to include the animations for injured and crying children, and that's a horrible image. I'm sure that no one at R* would like to code that.

philly_madman
  • philly_madman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

[QUOTE]Don't get me started on PETA.... loonies pretending to be animal lovers lol

That nutter Ingrid Newkirk would be all likely to lock herself in a crate naked outside R* HQ lol...

Dude, peta is the most hypocritical "civil rights" org in history, dont give a sh*t about people(which are animals), but u put dogfighting as a side game in gta v, and they will go APEsh*t

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Santi990 @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 00:44)

suicidal.gif
It DOES matter. Children are in a whole different level. There's a huge difference between adults and children. A very big one.
How could it be the same to kill a kid than to kill an adult? It is not the same at all!

I don't realize why people say "ugh, killin elders is awwight, but killin kidz aint no kool." I mean it's pretty obvious. I'm not saying that all children are angels or completely innocent, because I admit that a lot are annoying as sh*t, but that children are more sensitive. Imagine what would do a child if you push him, kick him or even shoot them... thinking about it makes me sick!

I'm completely aware that they would be just 0s and 1s, but remember that R* is going all realistic on humans. They don't look like they did in VC or SA any more. They would have to include the animations for injured and crying children, and that's a horrible image. I'm sure that no one at R* would like to code that.

They won't because apart from the moral side of it, they'll be putting their reputation on the line too.......

szmty
  • szmty

Hi Ho

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (junior731657 @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 00:57)
QUOTE (Santi990 @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 00:44)

suicidal.gif

They won't because apart from the moral side of it, they'll be putting their reputation on the line too.......

If they do I can see ESRB putting an AO classification, and everyone on the media spitting on R* for doing so.
They wouldn't take such a risk for the wish of some psychos.

EDIT: Oh, and the game would surely banned in Australia. I'd feel sorry for you finn.

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (junior731657 @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 00:34)
QUOTE (philly_madman @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 00:01)

Don't get me started on PETA.... loonies pretending to be animal lovers lol

user posted image
^this

As I stated before, modders found a hot coffee in IV, if V gets kids can you guess what will happen?

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Exactly!

lol at the meme wink.gif

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

So for everyone who is all 'omg r* would nevah include kidzzzzzzzzz'......Activision have already. And they've killed them

I shall point you to MW3. Campaign mode. London, a young girl gets killed in a mission where all you (as the dad) can do is watch. You can't move.

Yes, it is optional, and you are warned beforehand, but it is in there, the young girl dies.

Strangely, the net wasn't ablaze with people demanding Activision shut down and MW3 didn't get an AO rating.

Double standards IMO

stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Celticfang @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 01:25)
So for everyone who is all 'omg r* would nevah include kidzzzzzzzzz'......Activision have already. And they've killed them

I shall point you to MW3. Campaign mode. London, a young girl gets killed in a mission where all you (as the dad) can do is watch. You can't move.

Yes, it is optional, and you are warned beforehand, but it is in there, the young girl dies.

Strangely, the net wasn't ablaze with people demanding Activision shut down and MW3 didn't get an AO rating.

Double standards IMO

Okay then why didn't activision include child soldiers or child suicide bombers?

user posted image

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (stevechilds @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 01:32)

Double standards IMO

Okay then why didn't activision include child soldiers or child suicide bombers?

user posted image

Because that would get them shutdown. The MW3 issue was a intermission cut scene, so you as the player could not interact with it.

And MW3 didn't get AO because the ESRB is on a point scale and it was under AO in points. GTA has always walked a fine line between M and AO. This would throw it over and I shedder to think what the sick modders would do to the kids.

goh13
  • goh13

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (stevechilds @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 01:32)

Double standards IMO

BO2 story mode. Africa. Securing agent Frank Woods and his squad. You can see them getting hit by their teacher and holding guns and one even comes close to your hiding spot after his teacher smacks him on the head and his AK goes flying near Woods head. Not killable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users