Photo

Children

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
825 replies to this topic
Mefris
  • Mefris

Grumpy Uncle

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:17 AM Edited by Mefris, 04 December 2012 - 04:20 AM.

QUOTE (goh13 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:11)
QUOTE (Mefris @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:08)
Well, you're wrong on almost everyone account, a child in a video game isn't a child - it's a bunch of code programmed to look and behave similarly to one. In games we kill people all the time for being "annoying" and I've already mentioned how pretty much nobody's going to go and "hunt" children.

...which doesn't help your case in anyway.A video game child is still a child.

Why are you killing human adults in video games then? Are not they human?

That's a lame argument Goh.From every perspective possible,there's a difference between killing adults and killing children.
Yes and that matters does it, y'know since animals have been included in the game your point is null and void since they know about the same amount as baby.

Lame argument nr.2

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Ok Op. Answer these questions.

Would it be ok for a game to allow you to part take in paedophilia activities?
Would it be ok for a game to allow you to f*ck babies?
Would it be ok for a game to allow to you torture a pregnant woman?
Would it be ok for a game to allow you to slowly cut off an innocent mans penis with a rusty serrated knife?
Would it be ok for a game to allow you to commit genocide?
Would it be ok for a game to allow you to f*ck animals?

If you answered yes to any or all of these, then you'd be right. Its all digital "art" Yet, in the US, you can go to jail if you made a drawing of a child in a sexual way.

The main issue right now is, Society is not ready, They are not ready for us to kill children for fun. I'm afraid that the general public will not be ready for a long long time.
Rockstar can not put Children in the game and risk such a controversy, having the game banned and then edited will cost money.
It's just easier for them to NOT put children in the game. Maybe they could try and push the envelope by putting 16-17 year olds in the game.
Maybe the next GTA will be 14-17 year olds, and so on, until we get to babies.

Movies can kill children because it is not interactive, its the "interactive" side of things that puts gaming into the hot seat.
Pilots use Flight Simulators to train for real world flights, some retards think that GTA does the same, their logic is that GTA will teach you to drive and run over people, It will teach you to hire a prostitute and then kill her to get your money back.
There will always be some sick people who will take their gaming to real life, but we must understand, it is not the games fault, its the sick f*cks fault.
Games don't kill prostitutes, People do.

So at the end of the day OP. There's nothing really wrong with children in video games, there's just something wrong with society who put values into pieces of code. We are a visual species after all.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:16)
Damn! Watching this thread blow up is interesting! *eats virtual popcorn*

Contribute to the discussion or get out.

Now if we're going to start denouncing others views like that Mefris I don't think you really understand your own, I mean come on man. We are all human, but none of the games characters are human or are even real so you're really clutching at straws at this point ...

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (Raynos @ Monday, Dec 3 2012, 22:18)

Would it be ok for a game to allow you to slowly cut off an innocent mans penis with a rusty serrated knife?

If you answered yes to any or all of these, then you'd be right. Its all digital "art" Yet, in the US, you can go to jail if you made a drawing of a child in a sexual way.

The main issue right now is, Society is not ready, They are not ready for us to kill children for fun. I'm afraid that the general public will not be ready for a long long time.
Rockstar can not put Children in the game and risk such a controversy, having the game banned and then edited will cost money.
It's just easier for them to NOT put children in the game. Maybe they could try and push the envelope by putting 16-17 year olds in the game.

Movies can kill children because it is not interactive, its the "interactive" side of things that puts gaming into the hot seat.
Pilots use Flight Simulators to train for real world flights, some retards think that GTA does the same, their logic is that GTA will teach you to drive and run over people, It will teach you to hire a prostitute and then kill her to get your money back.
There will always be some sick people who will take their gaming to real life, but we must understand, it is not the games fault, its the sick f*cks fault.

So at the end of the day OP. There's nothing really wrong with children in video games, there's just something wrong with society who put values into pieces of code. We are a visual species after all.

anuj_cop.gif Woah, calm down, sir!

Geez LS: I already said, I don't really want kids under the age of Micheal's because, what's the need for them?

stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

The thing is I actually felt bad for killing most peds in GTA IV or RDR.
In gta 3 era it was easy and comical but now we are in a age where we have photo realistic graphics in so you can actually feel emotion and truly grasp the consequences of your actions.
You can say its coded pixels but it actually isn't the case when you actually play the game.It gets to a point in where you think have these people with these ideas, have they lost it?
Op do you actually want child peds in the game or just in the cutscenes?

Mefris
  • Mefris

Grumpy Uncle

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

And what do you mean "You got this idea from ?" that makes no sense. It's said in the lore of the game he's a teenager

No,the lore says no such thing.I should know since I edited his page last year on UESP.
Oh and by the way...he's a Bosmer.
but none of the games characters are human or are even real so you're really clutching at straws at this point ...

orly.gif
Fine,I'll let you nurture your sadistic cravings since you're so morally superior.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:28 AM Edited by Lightning Strike, 04 December 2012 - 04:33 AM.

QUOTE (Raynos @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:18)

Indeed yes to all in some sense or another, and yes I know that it's the interactivity of video games that makes them such easy targets but it still doesn't take away anything from the fact that it's the same argument that's used against firearms.

"Guns can kill people so people shouldn't have guns"
"Guns can kill people yes, but only if there's a person that fires it first so therefore people kill people, guns only help further that endeavor."

Replace guns with GTA and you get a similar feeling in your head that that's the argument that anti GTA people would use and it's the response they'd most likely get. Now obviously video games kill no-one and the evidence to suggest that they do is murky and vague at best.

Really it's the person who buys the game who should be punished if they go out and kill a child or an animal because it was possible to do it in a video game and really, GTA isn't that good of a simulator at all. Pressing a button on a controller or keyboard is hardly the same as actually firing a weapon, or stealing a car, or killing someone or anything like that at all, it's a bad excuse and anyone using it needs to be forcefully dragged into the twenty first century.

QUOTE (Mefris @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:28)
And what do you mean "You got this idea from ?" that makes no sense. It's said in the lore of the game he's a teenager

No,the lore says no such thing.I should know since I edited his page last year on UESP.
Oh and by the way...he's a Bosmer.
but none of the games characters are human or are even real so you're really clutching at straws at this point ...

orly.gif
Fine,I'll let you nurture your sadistic cravings since you're so morally superior.

Right, I've stated many times that I wouldn't even mind if they were or weren't invincible, what matters to me is whether they are present or not.

this the last time I'm going to point out one of your idiotic statements - Bosmer is race not age so yeah, learn your lore if you're going to bother editing it in the first place

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

EDITED: Double Post - sorry.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:28)
Indeed yes to all in some sense or another, and yes I know that it's the interactivity of video games that makes them such easy targets but it still doesn't take away anything from the fact that it's the same argument that's used against firearms.

"Guns can kill people so people shouldn't have guns"
"Guns can kill people yes, but only if there's a person that fires it first so therefore people kill people, guns only help further that endeavor."

Replace guns with GTA and you get a similar feeling in your head that that's the argument that anti GTA people would use and it's the response they'd most likely get. Now obviously video games kill no-one and the evidence to suggest that they do is murky and vague at best.

Really it's the person who buys the game who should be punished if they go out and kill a child or an animal because it was possible to do it in a video game and really, GTA isn't that good of a simulator at all. Pressing a button on a controller or keyboard is hardly the same as actually firing a weapon, or stealing a car, or killing someone or anything like that at all, it's a bad excuse and anyone using it needs to be forcefully dragged into the twenty first century.

I think their reasoning is that continuous exposure to such acts can desensitise a person.
Therefore, When the time comes, they're less nervous about the hideous act they're about to commit.
One could argue that the video game was "enabling" them but it all comes down to how f*cked up the person was.

I mean yeah sure, Most of us want to beat our boss' with a baseball bet, heck, If you get a game that allows you to do that, For most people, It relieves the tension, But if you were hell bent on doing the act, you'd do it regardless, eventually.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

No, just no.

First of all, why are you making connections with movies ? You experience a movie by watching, you are not in control of what is happening, it's being played for you. In a game, YOU are in control of the character you play and everything you do is a choice you make, you can't make decisions in movies.

Next, Skyrim, Fallout & AC3? These games are far from the 'real world'. GTA is based on the real world, fictional American cities. It will have a much bigger impact than any of these other games. People will do sick sh*t and upload it on youtube. Rockstar\Take2 will gain bad publicity by the media.

Did you ever wonder why there is no mod for SA ot IV that puts children in the game?? I know why but I would like to hear it from you. I'm waiting for your answer.

PS: I'm a modder and I know this would technically be possible.

Mefris
  • Mefris

Grumpy Uncle

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:39 AM Edited by Mefris, 04 December 2012 - 04:41 AM.

Right, I've stated many times that I wouldn't even mind if they were or weren't invincible, what matters to me is whether they are present or not.

Great,in that case we both agree.
this the last time I'm going to point out one of your idiotic statements - Bosmer is race not age so yeah, learn your lore if you're going to bother editing it in the first place

Are you that retarded,kid?Scratch that,you are.What do you think I was pointing out you nitwit?THAT HE'S NOT HUMAN...

Edit:The cheek on you.I've been playing TES games for 16 years now and you dare lecture me on Lore.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:46 AM Edited by Lightning Strike, 04 December 2012 - 04:54 AM.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:34)
No, just no.

First of all, why are you making connections with movies ? You experience a movie by watching, you are not in control of what is happening, it's being played for you. In a game, YOU are in control of the character you play and everything you do is a choice you make, you can't make decisions in movies.

Next, Skyrim, Fallout & AC3? These games are far from the 'real world'. GTA is based on the real world, fictional American cities. It will have a much bigger impact than any of these other games. People will do sick sh*t and upload it on youtube. Rockstar\Take2 will gain bad publicity by the media.

Did you ever wonder why there is no mod for SA ot IV that puts children in the game?? I know why but I would like to hear it from you. I'm waiting for your answer.

I'm making connections to movies simply because they show us the player/viewer much, much worse things than games ever do and there's very little difference in pressing a play button and watching a scene play out then there is pressing a button and watching an animation play out. Also we're in a sense in control of it all considering the fact that a person who's hellbent on killing children or any other type of being could simply rewind the film endlessly replaying it for the same satisfaction.

My friend you misinterpret what I'm saying. The mods I refer to do not add children to kill but rather make the ones that are there kill-able, some people use mods like that for immersion purposes - IE: I fire a rocket launcher at Little Lamplight when I first start up FO3 for the PC because I think the kids'll try to kill me - it makes no sense if the rocket launcher does jack sh*t to them.

AC3 is more then based on the real world it's meant to replicate the world in the colonial era in real American cities based of off how they actually looked even down to underground level, Fallout and Skyrim not so much but still the point stands.

Mefris, seriously dude ? now you're resorting to insults as you can't win this argument - especially considering the fact that you just moaned at someone for saying the exact same thing you did.

QUOTE (Mefris @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:39)

Great,in that case we both agree.

Are you that retarded,kid?Scratch that,you are.What do you think I was pointing out you nitwit?THAT HE'S NOT HUMAN...

Edit:The cheek on you.I've been playing TES games for 16 years now and you dare lecture me on Lore.

QUOTE (goh13 @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:11)
QUOTE (Mefris @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:08)
Well, you're wrong on almost everyone account, a child in a video game isn't a child - it's a bunch of code programmed to look and behave similarly to one. In games we kill people all the time for being "annoying" and I've already mentioned how pretty much nobody's going to go and "hunt" children.

...which doesn't help your case in anyway.A video game child is still a child.

Why are you killing human adults in video games then? Are not they human?

That's a lame argument Goh.From every perspective possible,there's a difference between killing adults and killing children.

Yes and that matters does it, y'know since animals have been included in the game your point is null and void since they know about the same amount as baby.Lame argument nr.2

Seems a 'wee bit hypocritical now doesn't it. Also I've every right both as human being and more avid ES player then you mate smile.gif .

CrowBarZ
  • CrowBarZ

Storm Mancini

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

No, just no.

Oh great. Here we go with this. People will do this and that and upload it on youtube blah blah blah. It's like PETA getting their furry panties in a wad over killing an animal but yet everyone simply ignores the fact that we are senseless killing thousands of ADULTS in games, what makes killing thousands of people, that are not children, any different then doing the same with children in a game? People are such hypocrites, preaching to save one end of the age groups and slaughter the other. People upload sick stuff from games already, deal with it. By the way your statement on "Oh well its based on real world cities" is a terrible support for your argument because if is based on REAL WORLD CITIES, maybe it should have REAL WORLD ORGANISMS and AGES. Why do people insist on discriminate people so much about wanting this stuff in a game for whatever reason when it's still just as bad as killing adults, yet nobody seems to get this, or they just simply blow it off as something less than what it is. Killing is killing people, that's how it is, no matter if its a child, old granny, that guy down in the subway in Liberty City, or even a dog. Even though its a game I don't see why people defend such trivial topics so heavily.

Mefris
  • Mefris

Grumpy Uncle

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:11 AM Edited by Mefris, 04 December 2012 - 05:14 AM.

Mefris, seriously dude ? now you're resorting to insults as you can't win this argument - especially considering the fact that you just moaned at someone for saying the exact same thing you did.

What!?
this the last time I'm going to point out one of your idiotic statements

Yeah,I'm the one that started with the insults.Kid,grow a spine.Oh and while you're at it grow a brain as well because only a moron would couple "Bosmer" with "age".
and more avid ES player then you mate

Which translates to "my first TES game is Skyrim so I have to babble something since I know sh*t about Lore".I've played every game in the series except the "Travels" spin-offs and dedicated a lot of time to modding the games and contributing to UESP.
Avid player my ass.

Edit:In regards to the "human" issue

Human adult < human child
Bosmer/Argonian/Left Handed Elf/Whatever child < human child.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 06:46)
No, just no.

I'm making connections to movies simply because they show us the player/viewer much, much worse things than games ever do and there's very little difference in pressing a play button and watching a scene play out then there is pressing a button and watching an animation play out. Also we're in a sense in control of it all considering the fact that a person who's hellbent on killing children or any other type of being could simply rewind the film endlessly replaying it for the same satisfaction.

My friend you misinterpret what I'm saying. The mods I refer to do not add children to kill but rather make the ones that are there kill-able, some people use mods like that for immersion purposes - IE: I fire a rocket launcher at Little Lamplight when I first start up FO3 for the PC because I think the kids'll try to kill me - it makes no sense if the rocket launcher does jack sh*t to them.

AC3 is more then based on the real world it's meant to replicate the world in the colonial era in real American cities based of off how they actually looked even down to underground level, Fallout and Skyrim not so much but still the point stands.

Fair enough. However I do feel different about the connections with movies. I believe there is a big difference, but that's just how I see it.

Maybe you should write an email rockstar? How they look upon the subject.

@CrowBarZ, I was just trying to say that GTA is a different kind of game, you could do much more cruel things in it with children than the other games mentioned here. From R*'s viewpoint, I can understand why they wouldn't put in children.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:17 AM Edited by Lightning Strike, 04 December 2012 - 05:29 AM.

QUOTE (Mefris @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 05:11)

What!?
this the last time I'm going to point out one of your idiotic statements

Yeah,I'm the one that started with the insults.Kid,grow a spine.Oh and while you're at it grow a brain as well because only a moron would couple "Bosmer" with "age".
and more avid ES player then you mate

Which translates to "my first TES game is Skyrim so I have to babble something since I know sh*t about Lore".I've played every game in the series except the "Travels" spin-offs and dedicated a lot of time to modding the games and contributing to UESP.
Avid player my ass.

First you can't see.

Second you can't read as you're the one who started calling me retarded not the other way around, oh and I didn't confuse the two YOU did you idiot - what does it matter if he's not human he's still a child. That's what you were debating wasn't it, or have you come to the realization that you're quite stupid when it comes to understanding any of this crap ?

Third, no my first game was not Skyrim. My first game in the ES series was Arena and I'll have you know I've played ALL of the games, even the mobile ones so yes - I am a more avid ES player then you ... cool.gif deal with it.

Lastly, get out of this topic as you're clearly just talkin' bullcrap.

EDIT:

Mefris, it really doesn't make sense you putting human child over all the other species because none of them are real anyway. All takes is a bit of coding here, a bit of coding there and all of a sudden the Bosmer child becomes a human child ... You're an idiot and you need to stop clutching at straws.

Mefris
  • Mefris

Grumpy Uncle

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:32 AM Edited by Mefris, 04 December 2012 - 05:40 AM.

First you can't see.

I can't see what?
Second you can't read as you're the one who started calling me retarded not the other way around, oh and I didn't confuse the two YOU did you idiot - what does it matter if he's not human he's still a child. That's what you were debating wasn't it, or have you come to the realization that you're quite stupid when it comes to understanding any of this crap ?

So let me get this straight,you insulted me first by calling my statements "idiotic" but I started this?And I,apparently,can't read?Genius...
Third, no my first game was not Skyrim. My first game in the ES series was Arena and I'll have you know I've played ALL of the games, even the mobile ones so yes - I am a more avid ES player then you ...   deal with it.

Lying is never the answer kid.You do realise I can ask you things about the games that you can't google,right?Things you can't find even on UESP?

Sidenote:Arena is older then you are.
Mefris, it really doesn't make sense you putting human child over all the other species because none of them are real anyway.

Use your head boy!What kind of sympathy would I feel to a Sload hachling?The answer is "none".A lot of people on the BethF and on UESPF are ok with killing the Adoring Fan because he's a Bosmer (read NOT HUMAN).

It is how it is.

szmty
  • szmty

Hi Ho

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (stevechilds @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 04:21)
The thing is I actually felt bad for killing most peds in GTA IV or RDR.
In gta 3 era it was easy and comical but now we are in a age where we have photo realistic graphics in so you can actually feel emotion and truly grasp the consequences of your actions.
You can say its coded pixels but it actually isn't the case when you actually play the game.It gets to a point in where you think have these  people with these ideas, have they lost it?
Op do you actually want child peds in the game or just in the cutscenes?

I share that feeling.

In SA I didn't cared about killing peds. In the III-era, peds were made to look silly, and they used to say some very funny sh*t that prompted you to kill them, or that they said things that were so idiotic, that would make you to want to kill the guy just so he stopped to say it. Like those random people who said to CJ that he stinked; I usually killed them instantly. One of my favourite peds is the Horny Mexican Guy, (). I always laugh when I see him walking around... oh, so many memories...

Instead, in IV we have much more realistic peds. We don't see three of the same kind of ped talking. They look much more real, and sometimes I wonder, "What if they had a family?". I instantly react with the fact that they're computer-generated pedestrians, which obviously lack families, but I never had that empathy feeling before in a game. I kinda feel sorry for them, because they look more like humans, although not so enough to avoid killing them at all circumstances.

Now put that on the level of killing kids. They're much more sensible than adults. I bet you'd feel much more sorry for them, not because they're RL kids, but because they'd look much more like RL kids. Kids don't hang around the town alone, they would have to be with their parents. Imagine the reaction of them if you killed their mum or their dad.
I repeat, I know it isn't real, but I'd still feel bad for the kid, because it would look like if they were truely sad. It's like when someone dies in a drama movie or play. Sometimes you even cry for the character, even though he's just a character.

This is my point for not having kids in GTA. It would also generate a lot of controversy on the media, which would seriously affect R*. I'm sure that it could be even worse than the Hot Coffee craze.

(Anyway, I'd be amused if we were able to kill Michael's family, knowing that R* said we could interact with them. Obviously they would reappear the next time you enter the mansion because without them there's no story for Michael) tounge2.gif

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Mefris @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 05:32)
First you can't see.

I can't see what?

So let me get this straight,you insulted me first by calling my statements "idiotic" but I started this?And I,apparently,can't read?Genius...
Third, no my first game was not Skyrim. My first game in the ES series was Arena and I'll have you know I've played ALL of the games, even the mobile ones so yes - I am a more avid ES player then you ...   deal with it.

Lying is never the answer kid.You do realise I can ask you things about the games that you can't google,right?Things you can't find even on UESP?

Sidenote:Arena is older then you are.

You obviously couldn't see the similarities between your post and the one you disagreed with which earlier ...

It's not really insulting when you're opinions are idiotic, as are you reasons for backing them up - you're extremely black and white in your behavior yet what we're discussing here is extremely grey in comparison. When you start calling someone retarded just because they disagree with you is when you know we're heading towards insult territory.

Arena is not older then I am, also have you ever considered the possibility that I might of bought it later on in life ? crazy I know ... *facepalm*. You also do realize that there may be things that you could ask me about the game that I might not remember, seeing as I was eight when I last played it (I'm getting a craving to play it again though) and I may have forgotten the large majority of it.

Finally, please, please stop man. You're just making yourself look dumber and dumber with each post - they're just too easy to rip apart as you're not thinking about them in the right way, you're locked with your ignorance and unwilling to even recognize when something even challenges your opinions.

Grow up -Kid.

Lawlzmachine1989
  • Lawlzmachine1989

SHOOP DA WHOOP!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

Kids will always be kids. Why not let them spend outside in the yard playing snowball fight with their tiny fortresses? It's good exercise for those munchkins. lol.gif

Los Santos County Sheriff
  • Los Santos County Sheriff

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

Anyone who seeks to gain pleasure from killing a child, even a virtual one, is sick. You can try to justify it any way you want but at the end of the day you are pulling the trigger on a kid. The act is deplorable and you're a monster if you think its ok.

Rockstar will never, EVER, put kids in a GTA game. Knowing that, anyone trying to convince us that killing children is acceptable is only indulging thier sick fantasies.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 05:45)
Anyone who seeks to gain pleasure from killing a child, even a virtual one, is sick. You can try to justify it any way you want but at the end of the day you are pulling the trigger on a kid. The act is deplorable and you're a monster if you think its ok.

Rockstar will never, EVER, put kids in a GTA game. Knowing that, anyone trying to convince us that killing children is acceptable is only indulging thier sick fantasies.

Have you come into this thread without reading anything ? I think you have, whatever your views may be I think it'd be best to read the last couple of pages to see why we'd want to have children in the game and also why there's really no difference between killing an adult and a child in a game.

Though you do raise a valid point, there's really nothing that stops someone who's obsessed with killing children or any other type of living thing into a video game. The act of killing children may deplorable, but is it anymore so then wiping out a hospital filled with injured people or killing an ambulance crew as they scramble desperately to try and save a persons life - who you killed.

GTA's not a game were morals play much of a role, and in reality it doesn't matter what you'd like to be true - what matters is what is true. What is true is that kids can die in reality, then can be killed, they can be shot and they're mortal and not all of them are innocent; in reality kids are just another living being and have no more or less of a right to live then anything else - and you are you to say that they are oh moral arbiter of society.

Lastly, no I do not particularly care if they're kill-able or not - I'd like them to be assuming they were added allowing for further immersion but no. If they were added and weren't kill-able I'd be a little disappointed as the kids would just ruin my day if I'm in the middle of a busy gun battle and I throw a grenade it kills three heavily armed dudes wearing body armour and a SUV with armour plating but the kid just walks away unscathed.

In someways R* adding kids would be a good thing and in others it'd be a bad thing, though we've seen kids in their games before and in someways even in GTA. What matters is this, will children add a sense of immersion and authenticity to GTA V's world - yes, if they're kill-able will it in anyway harm any child or person in real life whatsoever....

No.

Diecontrollersdie
  • Diecontrollersdie

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:01 AM Edited by Diecontrollersdie, 04 December 2012 - 06:56 AM.

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 03:35)
No. Children. Ever.
Go kill a possum or something.

I actually will make a mod for GTA V in which i will change the police peds TO CHILDREN from Fallout using 3DS Max exporter and then i will kill the police........Children, i will post videos on youtube and put screens on tumblr devil.gif , YOU MAD?

Mefris
  • Mefris

Grumpy Uncle

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:03 AM Edited by Mefris, 04 December 2012 - 06:09 AM.

I apologise for the quote cluster f*ck I'm about to do....
Arena is not older then I am,

orly.gif
I'm seventeen

hehe......Yeah, it's older.
also have you ever considered the possibility that I might of bought it later on in life ? crazy I know ... *facepalm*.

Of course,but here....
seeing as I was eight when I last played it

...we have a problem.How much did you play Arena "in your dreams'?Bear in mind that we are talking about The Elder Scrolls Arena,not (a) GTA.
It's not really insulting when you're opinions are idiotic, as are you reasons for backing them up

.......lol....this speaks for itself.
You also do realize that there may be things that you could ask me about the game that I might not remember

"Remember".You crack me up.Here have a go at this:"What is Orichalc in TES?"(hint:multiple answers)
and I may have forgotten everything that I can't google.

I fixed it for u pal.
Finally, please, please stop man. You're just making yourself look dumber and dumber with each post - they're just too easy to rip apart as you're not thinking about them in the right way, you're locked with your ignorance and unwilling to even recognize when something even challenges your opinions.
You go kid!Challenge The Man!Lead the revolution!Killable children is something worth fighting for!

Grow up....moron.

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 05:57)
QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 05:45)

Have you come into this thread without reading anything ? I think you have, whatever your views may be I think it'd be best to read the last couple of pages to see why we'd want to have children in the game and also why there's really no difference between killing an adult and a child in a game.

Though you do raise a valid point, there's really nothing that stops someone who's obsessed with killing children or any other type of living thing into a video game. The act of killing children may deplorable, but is it anymore so then wiping out a hospital filled with injured people or killing an ambulance crew as they scramble desperately to try and save a persons life - who you killed.

GTA's not a game were morals play much of a role, and in reality it doesn't matter what you'd like to be true - what matters is what is true. What is true is that kids can die in reality, then can be killed, they can be shot and they're mortal and not all of them are innocent; in reality kids are just another living being and have no more or less of a right to live then anything else - and you are you to say that they are oh moral arbiter of society.

Lastly, no I do not particularly care if they're kill-able or not - I'd like them to be assuming they were added allowing for further immersion but no. If they were added and weren't kill-able I'd be a little disappointed as the kids would just ruin my day if I'm in the middle of a busy gun battle and I throw a grenade it kills three heavily armed dudes wearing body armour and a SUV with armour plating but the kid just walks away unscathed.

In someways R* adding kids would be a good thing and in others it'd be a bad thing, though we've seen kids in their games before and in someways even in GTA. What matters is this, will children add a sense of immersion and authenticity to GTA V's world - yes, if they're kill-able will it in anyway harm any child or person in real life whatsoever....

No.

Yadda yadda yadda

Like I said, you can try to justify it any way you want but if you want to kill children then your a monster.

Maybe you will understand one day when you have children of your own.

Mefris
  • Mefris

Grumpy Uncle

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

He's seventeen Sheriff.He can't know the feelings you experience as a parent when you first hold your newborn child and how you start to view ALL children in a different light.I'd die before I'd put a child in harm's way...even in a video game

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:42 AM Edited by Los Santos County Sheriff, 04 December 2012 - 06:45 AM.

QUOTE (Mefris @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 06:17)
He's seventeen Sheriff.He can't know the feelings you experience as a parent when you first hold your newborn child and how you start to view ALL children in a different light.I'd die before I'd put a child in harm's way...even in a video game

True.

He also points out that because children die in real life that they should be able to die in the game. Well in the game you can have sex with prostitutes, and in the real world children are sexually assaulted everyday - do you think he would advocate having sex with children in the game? His argument that they are only "pixels and code" would suggest that he thinks ALL activities are fair game.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 06:45)

Big thumbs up here icon14.gif
It's sick, it's not entertaining to say the least, it only brings trouble.

Diecontrollersdie
  • Diecontrollersdie

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (tenpennyisplainevil @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 07:02)
QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 06:45)

Big thumbs up here icon14.gif
It's sick, it's not entertaining to say the least, it only brings trouble.

ITS JUST A GAME, If you think it is "sick" to kill a virtual person EVEN A CHILD in game then No you are sick, You are playing too much video games and consider them rather real, There is no reason not to kill annoying children in games, I downloaded the skyrim killable children mod just to show it is not wrong, Check this video it HAS LIKES not dislikes Explain now?

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

I hope we can perv on michaels daughter and watch her get changed. Bold new direction = being a pervert.

Sounds good too me smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users