Children

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
825 replies to this topic
Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 05:47)
1. "It will increase the immersion of the game world" - when was the last time you were driving down the sidewalk in IV mowing down pedestrians and thought to yourself "ya know, this is fun but it would be so much more immersive if there were a few grade schoolers on a fieldtrip i could plaster across the front of my car...."

I'm not taking sides here one way or the other (don't really feel like getting into this discussion, I've already made my points in another one of these threads a while ago), but I'd say this is more about the point of just seeing kids walk around with their parents on the street occasionally, like they do in real life. That would increase immersion, although probably not enough to make putting them in there worth it. The fact that they would be kill-able would just be a consequence of the fact that if you put something alive in a GTA game, it shouldn't be immune to what the player does. My point being, I don't think every person here who supports having children in a GTA game is necessarily planning on killing them.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 23:47)
Have you guys noticed how hostile the pro child slaughter psychos are in these threads? It seems like anytime one of us disagrees with them they get all pissy and start calling us "stupid" or "illogical" or much worse. Why is that?

Also, it looks like they have two main arguments for thier want of wholesale slaughter of innocent children:

1. "It will increase the immersion of the game world" - when was the last time you were driving down the sidewalk in IV mowing down pedestrians and thought to yourself "ya know, this is fun but it would be so much more immersive if there were a few grade schoolers on a fieldtrip i could plaster across the front of my car...."

2. "If you kill adults in the game then you HAVE to be ok with killing kids! They are only code! They arent real!" - Ok lets try to break this down. Yes they are just pixels and code, but they ARE NOT THE SAME. Whats the difference you may ask? Well to be honest, if you cant see that difference for yourself then I dont think you will understand it but I will try anyway - the difference is in the perception. If the game only featured piles of code and one pile was tall and one was short then there wouldn't be a problem. The problem comes in when you put a form and a face to the code. Then it goes from being a computer code to being uncomfortably life like. It has a bookbag and a balloon and an ice cream cone and then along comes our protagonist with a sniper rifle. Hes on a building three blocks away. In his scope he sees the little girl with the balloon. He pulls the trigger and blood blossoms out of her tiny chest as she falls to the ground. Are you starting to get it now? Besides the fact that that scene was disturbing, all it would take is the media to get a screenshot of the little girl with the red balloon in the crosshairs of a sniper scope and it would be all over for Rockstar. They would be done.

And THATS why killable kids will NEVER be in a GTA game.

Funny, They are EXACTLY the same, one is bigger the other is smaller, Neither are actual people, nor does killing them have any effect on the real world. If I saw a Child in GTA I would shoot it till it stopped moving, as I do with everything else that is "Living" In my virtual fun-land.

BTW!
Happy Wheels.
Anti-child people's arguments are all invalid, This game is LOVED by MILLIONS, Gets ZERO heat from the media and has no "Anti-Happy Wheels" Groups. Infact, Go take a quick look on the Internet, You will see practically Zero negative feedback on this game, EVEN THOUGH IT DEPICTS THE MURDER OF CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Los Santos County Sheriff
  • Los Santos County Sheriff

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:31 AM Edited by Los Santos County Sheriff, 10 December 2012 - 06:33 AM.

QUOTE (Killerdude8)
If I saw a Child in GTA I would shoot it till it stopped moving, as I do with everything else that is "Living" In my virtual fun-land.

You're sick. One day, when you're all grown up, I hope you will see just how demented you are. Unless you end up in prison, which is very likely.

QUOTE (Killerdude8)
Happy Wheels. Anti-child people's arguments are all invalid, This game is LOVED by MILLIONS, Gets ZERO heat from the media and has no "Anti-Happy Wheels" Groups. Infact, Go take a quick look on the Internet, You will see practically Zero negative feedback on this game, EVEN THOUGH IT DEPICTS THE MURDER OF CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you seriously comparing Grand Theft Auto, one of the most popular franchises in videogame history, to a crappy web-based browser indie game like Happy Wheels? Even someone like YOU cant believe they are held to the same standard. If you are honestly saying that child slaughter would be acceptable in GTA just because they do it in Crappy Wheels, then I pity you AND your future parole officer.

MiniRup
  • MiniRup

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 06:09)
BTW!
Happy Wheels.
Anti-child people's arguments are all invalid, This game is LOVED by MILLIONS, Gets ZERO heat from the media and has no "Anti-Happy Wheels" Groups. Infact, Go take a quick look on the Internet, You will see practically Zero negative feedback on this game, EVEN THOUGH IT DEPICTS THE MURDER OF CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to base that on the premise that the level of realism in the depiction of something emotionally charged won't affect the impact it has on the viewer.

Let's say you have to watch two movies.
One is a silent movie of a stick man and a stick dog on a completely white backdrop. The stickman produces a comically oversized club, whacks the dog on the head. A speech bubble saying 'BLARG!' appears above the dog who's now lying on it's back with it's legs straight in the air. The end.

The other movie is photo realistic. We're in a derelict basement somewhere, only a happy looking, shaggy mutt is in the picture. It's sniffing the floor looking around, then suddenly focuses it attention on a man that enters the picture. He has a length of rebar in his hand. As the dog approaches him, he raise his arm, then swing down hard on the dog's head. Jerking to the right, the dog catches the rebar on the left side of the face, it tears open the flesh on it's snout, rends the eye, knocks out teeth. The dog yelps, scamper into a corner. The man strikes again, this time hitting the dog right on it's back, breaking its spine. The dog tries to drag it self away, but it can't. So he proceeds to beat the dog to death, smashing the cranium, legs, rib cage. The dog is yelping loudly at first, then it weakens, but still you can hear its laboured breathing, the gurgling through blood and ripped flesh and crushed teeth, until it finally dies. That takes fourteen minutes.

Which of the two would you would you rather watch?

It's an extreme example, but my point is that Happy Wheels' basic premise is completely OTT, and both it, the art style and the general experience is to say the least wildly unrealistic. The GTA series has strived to become more and more realistic (in relative terms) in both gameplay and look. It's vastly more lifelike. For that reason, I quite simply don't think that Happy Wheels voids anything when it comes to the subject of children in V.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (MiniRup @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 06:57)
QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 06:09)
BTW!
Happy Wheels.

You seem to base that on the premise that the level of realism in the depiction of something emotionally charged won't affect the impact it has on the viewer.

Let's say you have to watch two movies.
One is a silent movie of a stick man and a stick dog on a completely white backdrop. The stickman produces a comically oversized club, whacks the dog on the head. A speech bubble saying 'BLARG!' appears above the dog who's now lying on it's back with it's legs straight in the air. The end.

The other movie is photo realistic. We're in a derelict basement somewhere, only a happy looking, shaggy mutt is in the picture. It's sniffing the floor looking around, then suddenly focuses it attention on a man that enters the picture. He has a length of rebar in his hand. As the dog approaches him, he raise his arm, then swing down hard on the dog's head. Jerking to the right, the dog catches the rebar on the left side of the face, it tears open the flesh on it's snout, rends the eye, knocks out teeth. The dog yelps, scamper into a corner. The man strikes again, this time hitting the dog right on it's back, breaking its spine. The dog tries to drag it self away, but it can't. So he proceeds to beat the dog to death, smashing the cranium, legs, rib cage. The dog is yelping loudly at first, then it weakens, but still you can hear its laboured breathing, the gurgling through blood and ripped flesh and crushed teeth, until it finally dies. That takes fourteen minutes.

Which of the two would you would you rather watch?

It's an extreme example, but my point is that Happy Wheels' basic premise is completely OTT, and both it, the art style and the general experience is to say the least wildly unrealistic. The GTA series has strived to become more and more realistic (in relative terms) in both gameplay and look. It's vastly more lifelike. For that reason, I quite simply don't think that Happy Wheels voids anything when it comes to the subject of children in V.

I would go apesh*t if I saw someone do that to a dog. angry.gif

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Killing 10.000 ADULTS in GTA ist ok but killing 1 child IN A GAME is EVIL? dozingoff.gif And when I say "child" I mean 15, 16 yrs old teens and not 6 yrs old kids. A dead human being is a dead human being, whether its 40 or 16 yrs old, IT'S THE SAME! I don't want to kill little kids in GTA but theres nothing wrong with teens being in GTA. Teens being heavily armed in GTA would be a great option too, they could protect themselves and not just die.

pizzariano.5
  • pizzariano.5

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 06:31)
QUOTE (Killerdude8)
If I saw a Child in GTA I would shoot it till it stopped moving, as I do with everything else that is "Living" In my virtual fun-land.

You're sick. One day, when you're all grown up, I hope you will see just how demented you are. Unless you end up in prison, which is very likely.

QUOTE (Killerdude8)
Happy Wheels. Anti-child people's arguments are all invalid, This game is LOVED by MILLIONS, Gets ZERO heat from the media and has no "Anti-Happy Wheels" Groups. Infact, Go take a quick look on the Internet, You will see practically Zero negative feedback on this game, EVEN THOUGH IT DEPICTS THE MURDER OF CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you seriously comparing Grand Theft Auto, one of the most popular franchises in videogame history, to a crappy web-based browser indie game like Happy Wheels? Even someone like YOU cant believe they are held to the same standard. If you are honestly saying that child slaughter would be acceptable in GTA just because they do it in Crappy Wheels, then I pity you AND your future parole officer.

If you honestly cant differentiate between reality and fiction, and get all emotional over nonexistent children, wow you must be one really sh*tty cop. That is if you even are one.

which I doubt..

whilst I agree the Happy Wheels comparison is pretty poor

(Killerdude, your not helping our argument)

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (pizzariano.5)
If you honestly cant differentiate between reality and fiction, and get all emotional over nonexistent children, wow you must be one really sh*tty cop.

*sigh*
It has nothing to do with not being able to tell the difference reality and fiction. You people dont seem to understand that at all. But if it helps your tiny little brain to think that we are all delusional, so be it.

QUOTE (pizzariano.5)
That is if you even are one.

which I doubt..

I really dont give a fuck what you believe.

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

The Car Place Founder

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

it's been confirmed no children EVER can not remember where and when but no children ever you wired-o-

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 08:49)

but yet you took your time to respond. dozingoff.gif

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (marcx @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 07:55)

LOL you know, nothing says "please beat the unholy living shit outta me" like the dozingoff.gif smiley.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 AM Edited by jnzooger, 10 December 2012 - 08:45 AM.

No killable underage characters in a Rockstar game huh? I contradicted that a few times in the other thread.

QUOTE (jnzooger @ http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=437817&view=findpost&p=1060670486)
Revolver:
Billy "Kid" Cougar (Unknown)

Redemption:
Miranda Fortuna (13)
Millicent Waterbury (15)
Jack Marston (16)

Quote edited with links to the characters. (Also note that Red Harlow himself was underage at the start of Red Dead Revolver.)

See also: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061271414 and http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061622684

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 08:41)
No killable underage characters in a Rockstar game huh? I contradicted that a few times in the other thread.

*sigh*

Ok, I know this has been said many many many many many many many many many many MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY times but I will say it AGAIN for your benefit.

We are talking about GRAND THEFT AUTO here. We are saying that there will never be killable children in a GRAND THEFT AUTO game. We arent talking about RDR. We arent talking about COD. We arent talking about ANY other game series. We are talking about GRAND THEFT AUTO.

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 09:32)
QUOTE (marcx @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 07:55)

LOL you know, nothing says "please beat the unholy living shit outta me" like the dozingoff.gif smiley.

Are you sure about being a Sheriff, Captain Obvious? biggrin.gif Have a nice day, sir.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

The tension in this thread...

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (golf wang @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 17:34)

This thread has achieved only one thing. I'm now even more depressed about the state of society.

Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 17:38)

This thread has achieved only one thing. I'm now even more depressed about the state of society.

whatsthat.gif Because people would like pixels in the form of kids in future GTA titles your depressed? I'm not even trying troll when i say this but, you need to stop being a pussy. Society has been f*cked up since before you and i were even born and nothing will change that. Lol as i type this I just know some Anti-Kids Crusader is going to post something along the lines of "OmGz Yhu Pf*ckinng, Sick BASTARD, ROT in Hell Baby Killer" or "You need to seek counselling for your sick fantasies." Killing a kid as you would an adult in a GTA does not make you sick person. Period. People really need to differentiate real from fiction.

Islingdopeyo
  • Islingdopeyo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 05:47)
Have you guys noticed how hostile the pro child slaughter psychos are in these threads? It seems like anytime one of us disagrees with them they get all pissy and start calling us "stupid" or "illogical" or much worse. Why is that?

Also, it looks like they have two main arguments for thier want of wholesale slaughter of innocent children:

2. "If you kill adults in the game then you HAVE to be ok with killing kids! They are only code! They arent real!" - Ok lets try to break this down. Yes they are just pixels and code, but they ARE NOT THE SAME. Whats the difference you may ask? Well to be honest, if you cant see that difference for yourself then I dont think you will understand it but I will try anyway - the difference is in the perception. If the game only featured piles of code and one pile was tall and one was short then there wouldn't be a problem. The problem comes in when you put a form and a face to the code. Then it goes from being a computer code to being uncomfortably life like. It has a bookbag and a balloon and an ice cream cone and then along comes our protagonist with a sniper rifle. Hes on a building three blocks away. In his scope he sees the little girl with the balloon. He pulls the trigger and blood blossoms out of her tiny chest as she falls to the ground. Are you starting to get it now? Besides the fact that that scene was disturbing, all it would take is the media to get a screenshot of the little girl with the red balloon in the crosshairs of a sniper scope and it would be all over for Rockstar. They would be done.

And THATS why killable kids will NEVER be in a GTA game.

I agree with about the controversy thing, I don't want my favourite game developer to receive death threats. However the people who are disagreeing with you make a valid point and by calling them psychos and child killers your just making yourself look like an ignorant dumb kid.

If theyre child killers what does that make you? A mass murderer? a cop killer? a thief etc etc... you're on a slippery slope applying this real world morality to a fictional universe where we already do any number of horrible genocidal activities within that universe. Why draw a line in the sand when the sand is already stained with the blood of millions?

I have yet to see this point clearly and logically refuted, resorting to naive non scientific waffle about a 'protector instict' or sentimental appeals about how cute and innocent kids are just isn't good enough.

Try harder please.

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

sleepy.gif sleepy.gif sleepy.gif sleepy.gif sleepy.gif sleepy.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 21:53)
QUOTE (jnzooger @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 08:41)

*sigh*

Ok, I know this has been said many many many many many many many many many many MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY times but I will say it AGAIN for your benefit.

We are talking about GRAND THEFT AUTO here. We are saying that there will never be killable children in a GRAND THEFT AUTO game. We arent talking about RDR. We arent talking about COD. We arent talking about ANY other game series. We are talking about GRAND THEFT AUTO.

Oh, so its all okay to have killable kids in OTHER games but Grand Theft Auto is off limits? What about your giant speech about how wrong it is to kill kids, so shouldn't you be getting all upset about how kids die in Red Dead and MW3? Doesn't that seem a little hypocritical of you?

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (pizzariano.5 @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 01:30)
QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 06:31)
QUOTE (Killerdude8)

QUOTE (Killerdude8)

If you honestly cant differentiate between reality and fiction, and get all emotional over nonexistent children, wow you must be one really sh*tty cop. That is if you even are one.

which I doubt..

whilst I agree the Happy Wheels comparison is pretty poor

(Killerdude, your not helping our argument)

I Know it may not be good, but it proves a game can go Mainstream AND have child-murder without people getting all uppity over it.

Something else I picked up here: I'm going to prison because I want to kill pixels..
dontgetit.gif
holy f*ck.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Immigration @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 18:14)

whatsthat.gif Because people would like pixels in the form of kids in future GTA titles your depressed?

Not just because people want pixels to take the form of kids, but that they are desperate for it. It's weird and sad at the same time.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Staten @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 20:00)

whatsthat.gif Because people would like pixels in the form of kids in future GTA titles your depressed?

Not just because people want pixels to take the form of kids, but that they are desperate for it. It's weird and sad at the same time.

It's true. It's kind of weird to think what's the other end of thier computer screen. Like what they look like. Ugh gives me the creeps.

This thread should be called. "I don't want gta V or another gta to come out ever again"

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (DeadZombie @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 09:03)

It's true. It's kind of weird to think what's the other end of thier computer screen. Like what they look like. Ugh gives me the creeps.

This thread should be called. "I don't want gta V or another gta to come out ever again"

Nobody is "desperate" to have killable children in GTA, I don't stay awake all night dreaming of it. I'm just saying it would be a small feature that would help improve the believability and realism of the world.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 20:08)

Nobody is "desperate" to have killable children in GTA, I don't stay awake all night dreaming of it. I'm just saying it would be a small feature that would help improve the believability and realism of the world.

First step in believability would be to have police that remembered that the player had previously had six stars and the entire police force chasing them. The player can kill legions of police, but if they go home and have a sleep, they can walk past the nearest police station and the cops don't bat an eyelid. That isn't very believable or realistic.

Yet you go straight for the presence of killable kids, not even more speech for the existing adult peds, or more interaction options. Why would that be?

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Staten @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 20:13)

First step in believability would be to have police that remembered that the player had previously had six stars and the entire police force chasing them. The player can kill legions of police, but if they go home and have a sleep, they can walk past the nearest police station and the cops don't bat an eyelid. That isn't very believable or realistic.

Yet you go straight for the presence of killable kids, not even more speech for the existing adult peds, or more interaction options. Why would that be?

Dang. Good point. I would like to see a rebuttal on this.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Staten @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 20:13)

devastating point cookie.gif

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Kids are in AC3, saw no problem killing enemy in front of them. They could just make them unkillable or cutscene only/missions only, which they are based on trailer.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 20:24)
Kids are in AC3, saw no problem killing enemy in front of them. They could just make them unkillable or cutscene only/missions only, which they are based on trailer.

Well AC3 is a totally different game tho. you're not at risk of plowing into a crowed of people with a bus.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 20:24)

It just doesent seem right. In gta the whole world is interactive. To have these drone npcs walking around just unmovable by anything in the world is weird. I hate driving into light poles enough. Now thier moving around in crowds?! Plus they are in cut scenes in V. Mikes kids idk about anyone else's. but I'm just led to believe that thier all home schooled haha because the world is so dangerous. Fransis mcreary said that this one guy deals drugs to kids in IV so they are very much part of the game. Just not a prescense because that sh*t is just messed up for the game and in genral

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users