Children

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
825 replies to this topic
gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

I don't care if children are in the game or not. Personally, I think women and children alike represent the devil, in-game or real-life.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 04:34)
QUOTE (018361 @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 04:12)
not case closed. If enough people want it then, it is possible they could change their mind about it. They only said that because they know of the sh*tstorm that would come if they said they may do it in the future.

They will never EVER put killable kids in GTA. NOT EVER. You and your kind can cry and bitch and moan and call us stupid and illogical until your blue in the face, but at the end of the day the fact is that Rockstar Games will never put them in.

So id say that definitely means....

CASE FCKIN CLOSED!

How's that flux capacitor working for you Doc ?.

Los Santos County Sheriff
  • Los Santos County Sheriff

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 17:38)
not case closed. If enough people want it then, it is possible they could change their mind about it. They only said that because they know of the sh*tstorm that would come if they said they may do it in the future.

They will never EVER put killable kids in GTA. NOT EVER. You and your kind can cry and bitch and moan and call us stupid and illogical until your blue in the face, but at the end of the day the fact is that Rockstar Games will never put them in.

CASE FCKIN CLOSED!

How's that flux capacitor working for you Doc ?.

Great scott!

Highgrade89NewAccount
  • Highgrade89NewAccount

Bird Is The Word

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

I find it hilarious reading all the butt hurts... Everyone saying 'omg people that want to kill kids in GTA are so sick and f*cked up blah blah blah' needs a bullet in there heads. I wouldnt mind killing a child in GTA, but I would NEVER think about doing it in real life!! In my eyes that don't make me sick in the head.. It would add a bit of fun to the game if R* included kids, if they did I know R* wouldn't make you kill one so if you didn't want to you wouldn't have to.

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

13 and up (including old people) = icon14.gif
12 and under (and pregnant women) = icon13.gif

Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Highgrade89NewAccount @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 19:47)
I find it hilarious reading all the butt hurts... Everyone saying 'omg people that want to kill kids in GTA are so sick and f*cked up blah blah blah' needs a bullet in there heads. I wouldnt mind killing a child in GTA, but I would NEVER think about doing it in real life!! In my eyes that don't make me sick in the head.. It would add a bit of fun to the game if R* included kids, if they did I know R* wouldn't make you kill one so if you didn't want to you wouldn't have to.

I agree 100%. cookie.gif cookie.gif

Prepare for the flame. cool.gif

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Highgrade89NewAccount @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 20:47)

So... you want to look at children being killed in horrific ways and you DONT think you're sick in the head? No, they are not real, but yes you are watching children die. So, a horror movie solely about children would be your favorite film? How is it not sick to want to watch children die?

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (˸ @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 04:50)

"Capitalism" said Dan Houser, and I quote again "Capitalism". He will suck people's dicks if they pay him enough. So don't rush to conclude that there will never be kids in GTA.

Get ready.

I think you over estimate the number of people who actually want kids in the game.

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (tenpennyisplainevil @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 21:38)

So... you want to look at children being killed in horrific ways and you DONT think you're sick in the head? No, they are not real, but yes you are watching children die. So, a horror movie solely about children would be your favorite film? How is it not sick to want to watch children die?

I'm pretty much sick in the head. Chicks and children are part of the devil's army.

goh13
  • goh13

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (MiniRup @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 23:02)
.....On a final note, I'd like to compliment you for your honesty, both in debate and on the intellectual level. It takes character to own up to your own little foibles and then air them in public. I tip my hat, good Sir.

It was really nice to talk to someone who made some sense smile.gif

Some big words you use but that only shows how well you can speak your mind. I am cursed with a logical brain but a retarded mouth at times.

10/10, would argue again with tounge.gif

Have a nice a life, buddy.

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Mikey_Navaja @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 21:44)
QUOTE (˸ @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 04:50)

"Capitalism" said Dan Houser, and I quote again "Capitalism". He will suck people's dicks if they pay him enough. So don't rush to conclude that there will never be kids in GTA.

Get ready.

I think you over estimate the number of people who actually want kids in the game.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=437817

Chunkyluva53
  • Chunkyluva53

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

45% of people want children ^. Interdasting.

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Blimey is this thread still going??

I still stand by what I said ealier in the thread, but the one thing what puzzles me - why is it that no one ever really bothered about a thread like this before, I've seen a a lot of people saying GTA should have children ingame because other games have included them, but they're not GTA games, GTA games are sandox type games, I just see it as poor taste to have murderable kids in a GTA game, seeing as they're based on ganster movies and yes I still stand by that, the good guys never kill children.............

The only reason I see can why someone would want to kill a kid in freerun mode is if they wanted to play the kid of some kid killing nutcase.... which seems rather pointless confused.gif

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Chunkyluva53 @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 03:31)
45% of people want children ^. Interdasting.

Interdasting? Surely you mean 'disturbing' or 'depressing'.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (gtafaninwest @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 23:37)

I'm pretty much sick in the head. Chicks and children are part of the devil's army.

Please elaborate?

G-Eazy
  • G-Eazy

Important

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 00:49)
LOL @ cowards in this thread
'' i wouldn't kill a cartoon character that's sick'' '' Those pixels look like kids if you kill them you're sick''

^ That's what you all sound like ! You sound like a 50 year old women with no life. So she takes it out on everyone else. If you have no balls that's fine. It doesn't mean the rest of us are cowardly sh*ts like you.

user posted image

annie_himself
  • annie_himself

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

So it's okay to kill cops and pedestrians on a rampage, but children is where you draw the line? Damn hypocrite.

Sheriff Mallory

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

'' i wouldn't kill a cartoon character that's sick'' '' Those pixels look like kids if you kill them you're sick''

^ That's what you all sound like ! You sound like a 50 year old women with no life. So she takes it out on everyone else. If you have no balls that's fine. It doesn't mean the rest of us are cowardly sh*ts like you.

Im confused, how does us having a moral objection to a deplorable act make us cowards? Are you saying that you have to have "balls" to slaughter crying, scared and cowering children?

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (annie_himself @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 17:42)

So it's okay to kill cops and pedestrians on a rampage, but children is where you draw the line? Damn hypocrite.

Yes children are where most people draw the line, because whether you like it or not, to most people children are more important than adults. That's just how it is.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

Living in a box, I'm living in a cardboard box.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Grand Theft Auto has never housed children and too right to as there are some boundaries within games like these that shouldn't be crossed and I respect Rockstar North for doing so. That's my 2 cents.

-Wheatley

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos County Sheriff @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 17:57)

Im confused, how does us having a moral objection to a deplorable act make us cowards? Are you saying that you have to have "balls" to slaughter crying, scared and cowering children?

Don't take anything he says seriously. He's already proven himself to be a dimwit in numerous topics.

Having young children in the GTA, killable or not, would add nothing beneficial to the game. Even in games where there is kid, a story in which you have some say & has already featured them. The thing is, if Black Isle made a detailed third person game, would they have allowed you to kill children? Is it acceptable to do it from an isometric view with less detailed graphics. It seems that the more realistically it's portrayed, the harder it is to stomach.

It's only in the last 80 year's or so that society has viewed children as pure & innocent. Before that they had less rights than adults, we were sending them up chimneys, down mines, working in ship construction etc. Not sure if that's at all relevant here, but it goes to show how much we have changed over the last century.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (annie_himself @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 18:42)

Shame I have to say this over and over again. I'm just going to take horror movies as example here. There are horror movies that are mainly about killing women, policemen (pretty much whatever we can also kill in GTA) in the most horrific ways possible. Personally, no fan of horror movies, but BILLIONS of people like to watch that. Action movies, they feature killing up to a hundred people per film. I and BILLIONS of others like this.
Now, WHY are there no horror or action movies that are about killing children? Because it is SICK to want to watch that. If you've got anything more to say, give me any good reason for them to not make children killing films besides that it's sick and that nobody would want to watch it but your psycho ass.
It's not about the children in-game (after all, they are in fact "just pixels"), but it is about your desire to watch children die. Now I imagine you saying "I want to see pixelated children die, it's not real", but guess what? It all comes down to you desiring to see children die. The issue is not wether or not they're real, the issue is that you want to see children die.

GTADrinkandRock
  • GTADrinkandRock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

My opinion is that there shouldn't be any big deal made about pixel people. Yes, GTA is a parody of real life in many ways, but sometimes it's hard to immerse myself in the game when there are no kids. One thing that irked me in GTA SA was that you had certain references to kids all over the place but yet you never saw them. The same for GTA IV. In GTA IV, I found it so strange that there were playgrounds and much more to reference to kids, and yet you saw and heard nothing, except for that stupid kid on the radio about how to solve the problem of um... I think it was hunger. Coming across those things was distracting in many ways.

If Rockstar decided to put kids in the game, I probably would be going out of my way NOT to kill them. Heck, in my mind, if it were possible to kill them, it should count as a HUGE negative on the main character. Kill one kid, and your wanted level should skyrocket or pedestrians would become extremely hostile to you, trying to kill you in ways that would be very difficult to avoid. Heck, that could wind up in a permanent wanted level, or constant pedestrian hostility in areas where you've killed a kid. I know in IV, there was just something about the Peds that got me out of the "Kill as many Peds as you can." mindset that I used to follow with the GTA III world. I wouldn't even mind it if they would let us see the kids but not access them in any way. If they were somehow immortal that would be a bit strange, and I can totally see some people going hog wild and getting a kick out of shooting kids even if they don't die. But just to see them, and feel their presence, would bring so much more of real life to the GTA world.

I might get some heat for this, but I've also been a longtime fan of a game called The Sims 2. Yes, I'm weird for playing both, but here's the kicker. In The Sims 2, it is possible to kill off toddlers and children. Heck, once I played, and a kid got killed by a fallen satellite while stargazing. If it's possible to do that in a game that is rated T, then what is the big deal with putting kids in a game that is rated M? Surely Rockstar could work something out that would discourage those wouldbe child killers.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (GTADrinkandRock @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 19:17)
there was just something about the Peds that got me out of the "Kill as many Peds as you can." mindset that I used to follow with the GTA III world.

Sorry to highlight just one sentence in your post but what you said was interesting. The reason you were less inclined to mow down a row of pedestrians & we've all done it at least once with a grin on our face (Gouranga!). It's because they are so much more realistic than in the III era, thanks in large part to Euphoria animation. Now we know the gore level has been upped to at least RDR level (though I doubt to MP3 level), imagine how it would feel to plough through a playground full of small children. Imagine that sh*t appearing in thousands of YouTube videos. Imagine mumsnet.com imploding with rage & Hilary Clinton turning green with anger & growing to huge proportions & crushing R* in her hands like a paper cup of Hot Coffee. They'd probably give Jack Thompson a federal grant to destroy our beloved developer.

No thanks, not worth it. moto_whistle.gif

GTADrinkandRock
  • GTADrinkandRock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 19:32)
imagine how it would feel to plough through a playground full of small children. Imagine that sh*t appearing in thousands of YouTube videos.

Thus why I said, make the prospect of killing the pixel children as unappealing as possible. I can only imagine how long even the best of players would last with the highest wanted level and all peds just going all out hostile on them. It wouldn't last long at all. Heck, it could even stop the player from progressing if they intentionally kill children if Rockstar really wanted to mess with those who are just plain twisted.

I wouldn't be ploughing through a playground of children. And if other players had any sense of self preservation, neither would they.

I am interested to see how the animals are implemented in the game. If they are killable at the level that Peds are killable (meaning not just in missions), then Rockstar faces the same kind of hostility from the idiots who complain about other things like Hot Coffee. I can only imagine PETA raising a fuss about it too. But the way I see it, and the way others with a clear border between real and fake in their minds see it, it would be cool to have the game universe more intact.

Heck, I can totally imagine a mission where the player is called to a school, and some person in the faculty wants you to do missions for him/her, kind of like in Bully.

The whole argument that most people tend to bring up about things like this is completely invalid. There are only a minority of idiots out there who have taken their game fantasies into reality. The rest of us are completely content in letting the violence end when we turn off the computer or games console and going on with our lives.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Example manhunt to manhunt 2. Things have became more sensitive when it comes to video games versus American society. If you guys don't want to see another gta being made or one being "politically corrected" go right ahead and voice your opinion to rockstar. If they see it and agree with it you have my up most certainty that you will not see another gta in a very very long time. You think the board is going to be "cool" with a option to not be able to kill children or not? Beyond your stupid greedy obsucure obsessions with killing baby's maybe just maybe you can let this one go? For sake of realism in a damn video game? Killable children? Ok.... That's just ridiclioius.

stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

I wouldn't waste time typing paragraphs when they're blatant trolls itt
Children and gta will never mix, it is like adding guns in a mario game.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (GTADrinkandRock @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 19:58)
imagine how it would feel to plough through a playground full of small children. Imagine that sh*t appearing  in thousands of YouTube videos.

Thus why I said, make the prospect of killing the pixel children as unappealing as possible. I can only imagine how long even the best of players would last with the highest wanted level and all peds just going all out hostile on them. It wouldn't last long at all. Heck, it could even stop the player from progressing if they intentionally kill children if Rockstar really wanted to mess with those who are just plain twisted.

I wouldn't be ploughing through a playground of children. And if other players had any sense of self preservation, neither would they.

I am interested to see how the animals are implemented in the game. If they are killable at the level that Peds are killable (meaning not just in missions), then Rockstar faces the same kind of hostility from the idiots who complain about other things like Hot Coffee. I can only imagine PETA raising a fuss about it too. But the way I see it, and the way others with a clear border between real and fake in their minds see it, it would be cool to have the game universe more intact.

Heck, I can totally imagine a mission where the player is called to a school, and some person in the faculty wants you to do missions for him/her, kind of like in Bully.

The whole argument that most people tend to bring up about things like this is completely invalid. There are only a minority of idiots out there who have taken their game fantasies into reality. The rest of us are completely content in letting the violence end when we turn off the computer or games console and going on with our lives.

Exactly. PETA is just some hippy group that believes we should all be vegan created by some billionaire that would piss away his money just to see some animals saved. I don't doubt thier progress. What they do is good. But to say we shouldent kill animals is ridiclioius. Being overpopulated is just as bad being extinct. It needs to be met It The middle

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (DeadZombie @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 21:09)
QUOTE (GTADrinkandRock @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 19:58)
imagine how it would feel to plough through a playground full of small children. Imagine that sh*t appearing in thousands of YouTube videos.

Exactly. PETA is just some hippy group that believes we should all be vegan created by some billionaire that would piss away his money just to see some animals saved. I don't doubt thier progress. What they do is good. But to say we shouldent kill animals is ridiclioius. Being overpopulated is just as bad being extinct. It needs to be met It The middle

What we do doesn't affect the population of said animal in nature. We take a couple and make a whole population of our own, to raise them and kill them when they're "ripe".

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (stevechilds @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 20:07)
I wouldn't waste time typing paragraphs when they're blatant trolls itt
Children and gta will never mix, it is like adding guns in a mario game.

Hmm.. Guns in a Mario game! Now that's something I'd like to see!!
Imagine, FPS Mario online!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users