Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:46)
Can I make a small request here? I really don't want to drop it in the GenChat Grumpy thread.

It doesn't matter if you are a fan boy of either side or whatever, I just wish everyone would stop using the stupid name of "XBone". It sure as hell doesn't make anyone who uses it look smart in any debate or discussion they may be engaged in.

Seconded.

X1 is nice and simple. icon14.gif

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 18:25)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 15:15)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 14:44)
QUOTE (Distrom @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 13:45)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 09:37)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 07:08)
QUOTE (The Killa @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 02:25)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 16:37)
QUOTE (Tado Hamann @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 20:01)
The biggest fail of 2013:
http://pixelenemy.co...on-ps4-devkits/
suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

http://www.forzacent...cs-at-e3.39428/

read this and get your facts right

I'm not sure a random fella from a Forza fan forum is a reliable source of "fact".

it isn't and i would not be shocked if this was some kind of scapegoat kind of deal if the developer did admit fault

If you didn't see the pics were people were playing on the Xbox One , go see it now cause that will prove your wrong

This may be spoiled a lot but, Does Xbox One consoles run on Nvidia GeForce GTX graphic cards? tounge.gif

They used the Nvidia graphic card for one game and that is LocoCycle , all other games are running on the Xbox One or a comparable hardware PC

Okay fair enough. But why would they use nvidia graphics cards when clearly AMD are giving them their cards? That doesn't sound right. If the Xbox is using AMD 7790, then they should be using that. Not nvidia graphics cards that make the game look better than usual.

The only PC that used Nvidia cards is the one that people played no LocoCycle and the developer said that the game wasn't ported yet and we had an agreement with Nvidia so he brought the high end PCs

It was confirmed that BF4 was running on PC hardware.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 20:46)
Can I make a small request here? I really don't want to drop it in the GenChat Grumpy thread.

It doesn't matter if you are a fan boy of either side or whatever, I just wish everyone would stop using the stupid name of "XBone". It sure as hell doesn't make anyone who uses it look smart in any debate or discussion they may be engaged in.

That would be in line with microsoft's media document on what you can and can't call the Xbox One...

user posted image

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 20:08)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 13:57)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:35)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:16)
http://www.vg247.com...gaming-console/

Care to elaborate why that's relevant? You know? Some input from yourself rather than just posting links.

Don't get so f*cking butt-hurt because I posted a link without any comments? What is there more to comment? That Microsoft are nothing but a bunch of retards? It is relevant, it's an XBOX console AFTER ALL, and this is an XBOX thread.

finn4life is just a troll and xbox fanboy.

Are troll and fanboy the only words in your vocabulary that you understand? I swear that's all you f*cking post around here.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 15:46)

No can do. I'm quite content with calling it the "xboner", and not to sound smart or sassy or what have you. It just sounds fitting to me since I feel that M$ (yes, I'll take this a step further by using a dollar sign in place of an 'S' to represent excessive corporate greed no matter how childishly such supplementation may resonate in your eyeballs) has indeed pulled one hell of a boner with this twisted product.

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Also seems appropriate as they're boning their customers with this joke of a product...

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 18:18)
QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 15:46)
Can I make a small request here?  I really don't want to drop it in the GenChat Grumpy thread.

It doesn't matter if you are a fan boy of either side or whatever, I just wish everyone would stop using the stupid name of "XBone".  It sure as hell doesn't make anyone who uses it look smart in any debate or discussion they may be engaged in.

No can do. I'm quite content with calling it the "xboner", and not to sound smart or sassy or what have you. It just sounds fitting to me since I feel that M$ (yes, I'll take this a step further by using a dollar sign in place of an 'S' to represent excessive corporate greed no matter how childishly such supplementation may resonate in your eyeballs) has indeed pulled one hell of a boner with this twisted product.

Oh I more than agree that Microsoft really pulled a boner with this whole sh*t mess. It may even be damaging to the games industry as we know it(today).

But you have to admit that 'xbone' just makes the person using it as a bust on the console just sound like a child.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 22:12)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 20:08)

Care to elaborate why that's relevant? You know? Some input from yourself rather than just posting links.

Don't get so f*cking butt-hurt because I posted a link without any comments? What is there more to comment? That Microsoft are nothing but a bunch of retards? It is relevant, it's an XBOX console AFTER ALL, and this is an XBOX thread.

Are troll and fanboy the only words in your vocabulary that you understand? I swear that's all you f*cking post around here.

Words I understand? Why do I post this around here you may ask? Well cause only a fool will buy a Xbox One over a Playstation 4.

ps4-

$100 cheaper
More powerful
cheaper online
can play offline when ever you want
Better exclusives in the future ( That's if they're follow the same as the PS3 )

X1-
More exclusives
voice command

Those are the only things I can think of at the moment. Feel free to help me out if you think I missed something.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

I would say better online service.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

user posted image

The Xbox One is amazeballs, thats what it is.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

http://www.warpzoned...ti-kinect-bill/

Rep. Mike Capuano (D-MA) and Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) introduced the We Are Watching You Act last week in order to protect the privacy of consumers from DVR boxes (or similar devices) that include built-in cameras and microphones. Verizon, who provides the popular FiOS service, filed a patent application for a DVR with video and audio monitoring capabilities in 2012. But, at this point, its unknown if they have such a DVR in development. So for now, the We Are Watching You Act is strictly an anti-Xbox One bill as the systems Kinect sensor is the only device that meets the qualifications of the bill.

And heres where it gets messy. The bill would require manufacturers who sell devices that monitor consumers to create a similar device, without monitoring capability, and offer that as well, thus creating two tiers of Xbox One hardware.

This is very interesting. If this bill manages to pass, Microsoft will be required by law to remove the Xbox One's Kinect requirement, which is arguably the biggest complaint with the console as it stands right now.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 22:52)
user posted image

The Xbox One is amazeballs, thats what it is.

Bing is own by Microsoft so I can see them doing that.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (DAWeeE1 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 07:29)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 21:35)
I voted for "Microsoft's actions are irredeemable and I will never buy their products again."  even though I've never bought any MS products in the first place (except for PCs, but that's completely irrelevant).

That is not irrevelant, there has always been alternatives to Windows, even during the 90+% dominance days.

I didn't mean its irrelevant in respect to there being no other options. I meant its irrelevant because computers are totally different than consoles. Computers don't have crappy policies like the X1 - no always online, no blocking used games. When I voted against never buying MS products again, I meant in the context of game consoles.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:08)

@Happyness, I'm asking why it's relevant because it's about the Xbox 360, not the new Xbox, i'm curious what your intention was, did you want us to Discuss EVERYTHING in the link? Or just the direction Microsoft have been taking for some time? I was confused, hence asking you to provide something in the link to begin discussing.

@redX, calling me a troll is already stupid, but I cannot possibly conceive the idea of How I am an Xbox fanboy.
>I have never owned an Xbox of any kind.
> I have only ever owned a PS1, PS2 and PS3 (Along with a few Nintendo products.)
>I have always preferred Sony over the Xbox, why do you think I always rave on about Uncharted, or the benefits of a PS3 over an Xbox 360?
>I've all but flamed the Xbox One multiple times in this topic, just because I separate the facts, that doesn't make me a fanboy, and i'm not even going to answer the troll thing, because it's retarded and I know you're just trying to throw insults because you have nothing worthwhile to say.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

I also hate it when people use silly names for consoles & companies. However, the name Xbone is so apt, that it demands you call it that. MS & Publishers want to stick their nose in the money trough & are throwing us a bone to nibble on. Sorry, it will always be called that by me & many others.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 23:47)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:08)

@Happyness, I'm asking why it's relevant because it's about the Xbox 360, not the new Xbox, i'm curious what your intention was, did you want us to Discuss EVERYTHING in the link? Or just the direction Microsoft have been taking for some time? I was confused, hence asking you to provide something in the link to begin discussing.

@redX, calling me a troll is already stupid, but I cannot possibly conceive the idea of How I am an Xbox fanboy.
>I have never owned an Xbox of any kind.
> I have only ever owned a PS1, PS2 and PS3 (Along with a few Nintendo products.)
>I have always preferred Sony over the Xbox, why do you think I always rave on about Uncharted, or the benefits of a PS3 over an Xbox 360?
>I've all but flamed the Xbox One multiple times in this topic, just because I separate the facts, that doesn't make me a fanboy, and i'm not even going to answer the troll thing, because it's retarded and I know you're just trying to throw insults because you have nothing worthwhile to say.

You're a fanboy if you think what Microsoft is doing is right. Saying its ok for them to control everything you got for that system. I'm trying to tell people that the Xbox One is a wrong choice while you're saying is a good choice. Explain how? We lose our rights. Those who sacrifice freedom for security end up losing both. What happens if Live gets hacked? You can't play any games. You're going on vacation? Well you can't bring it a long. Moving? Make sure you have internet at your new place. Can I borrow your game? Nope can't do that. So tell me how Xbox One is a good product? It isn't about personal preference its about stating facts. Live is $10 more then PS+. From what I heard less powerful then PS4.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:44)
Can I make a small request here?  I really don't want to drop it in the GenChat Grumpy thread.

It doesn't matter if you are a fan boy of either side or whatever, I just wish everyone would stop using the stupid name of "XBone".  It sure as hell doesn't make anyone who uses it look smart in any debate or discussion they may be engaged in.

I also hate it when people use silly names for consoles & companies. However, the name Xbone is so apt, that it demands you call it that. MS & Publishers want to stick their nose in the money trough & are throwing us a bone to nibble on. Sorry, it will always be called that by me & many others.

And what does Sony want? People to have fun? No, they are there to also make money.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 01:08)
QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:44)

And what does Sony want? People to have fun? No, they are there to also make money.

So you're saying there's no difference between the business practices surrounding each of these consoles? Of course they are both in it to make money, but the way they are both going about it are completely different. If Sony were doing things exactly the same way as MS, what console would I choose? Neither.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

You're afanboy if you think what Microsoft is doing is right. Saying its ok for them to control everything you got for that system. I'm trying to tell people that the Xbox One is a wrong choice while you're saying is a good choice. Explain how?

That's just it though, not once have I said it's right what they're doing, and not once have I said the Xbox one is a good choice, this is what I'm trying to tell you. All I'm saying is that if somebody else believes it is even with all thefacts, leave them be, they can buy it if they choose.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:15)
How did Microsoft think they could get away with all the crap they're expecting us to swallow & not even make their console considerably more powerful. Don't tell me, the wonders of cloud computing.

Oh yes they will try that..
In the same way that SimCity Uses Cloud Computing to Deliver Improved GlassBox Experience I bet. biggrin.gif

ACAngus
  • ACAngus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

It seems to me like a lot of you do not know what you're talking about, so ill leave this here.

Xbox One Myths Debunked

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (ACAngus @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 05:26)
It seems to me like a lot of you do not know what you're talking about, so ill leave this here.

Xbox One Myths Debunked

Well then, all hope is restored.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (ACAngus @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 01:26)

Xbox One Myths Debunked

It does clear some things up, but the problems still remain. yawn.gif

Cyberzone2
  • Cyberzone2

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Xbox One Myths Debunked

One million times powerful than xbox 360?LOL

I smell a fanboy

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 06:35)

Xbox One Myths Debunked

One million times powerful than xbox 360?LOL

I smell a fanboy

You sir need to read better.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

That whole cloud computing thing is bullsh*t and been 'debunked' also.

Apparently it isnt possible with current connections to enable better graphics or loading times, the only possibility is for time of day lighting changes that happen at a gradual pace.

It is just a load of old sh*te, they keep saying the console is for the future, but guess what I want next gen NOW, and history has taught us that planning too much for what you expect the future to be like is a big mistake.

It will be hilarious when we find out that motion sensors were a big flop and everything goes over to the Oculus Rift.

Regardless of any half assed explanations for things. The bottom line is this:

The console forces choices on you which most people do not want. I will NEVER EVER use a kinect in ANY way whatsoever. Therefore I refuse to be part of a system which will eventually force it upon you, hence the required connection to it.

And despite what fibre optic internet or global wifi sh*t we have in the future, I want a disaster proof console that works offline and in a bunker or a submarine.

I have over 3000 invested in Xbox 360 games, imagine such an investment which will probably last for longer than this generation being totally pissed on if they shut the service down after the next jump or during maintenance or for any other reason.

I am not investing in expensive media I do not fully own. Especially when there is an obvious alternative.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (ACAngus @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:26)

Xbox One Myths Debunked

It's on OXM meaning it's devoid of unbiased and objective "debunking" and does nothing but reiterate Microsoft's piss poor PR thus far.

It doesn't justify why Kinect must be mandatory for everyone regardless if it's in standby or not. It may be required for games I hear? What if I have no interest in playing those games? Why would I still be forced to spend 100 USD more than the competition for an accessory I simply do not want? There's no justification whatsoever.

Let me guess, Microsoft will try to say that certain exclusives may make use of Kinect and if it weren't mandatory, then they couldn't make use of it. So Microsoft now wants to impose ideas on how we should interact with those games? Here's a thought - what about disabled people who might have limited mobility and can only use a controller? Microsoft clearly has no problem giving out a big "f*ck you" to those with poor/no internet connections, so I suppose they wouldn't have any issues saying the same to the disabled either.

This whole console looks to have been very poorly planned and the abominable PR behind it reflects that. If they had clear intentions, then they would have stepped up at E3 and spelled things out. Instead they've acted about as shady and ambiguous as possible. 'Hurr durr futuar of gaming dats why durrrr" isn't a valid justification for any of this.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Like i mentioned before Finn, I am sorry!

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

Xbox One Myths Debunked

You still wont be able to rent games though.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

Boo-f*cking-hoo.

I could go on, but I feel this more than expresses my opinion on all the bitching.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users