Photo

Official Xbox One Topic

5,252 replies to this topic
Distrom
  • Distrom

Massimo Pantaleo

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by Distrom, 26 May 2013 - 03:20 PM.

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 10:56)
Another Great news For M$.

Peter Schaar, federal commissioner for privacy protection in Germany, is concerned about MS putting a surveillance device under the guise of a toy into living rooms

http://www.spiegel.d...e-a-901893.html

user posted image

haha, I was watching the race some hours ago, did this happen today? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

80% of content here belongs in the funny pictures topic over in General Chat.

Well maybe not 80%, but you get my drift ph34r.gif

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

News just in......Xbox One will be region-locked. Could this get any worse?

http://www.joystiq.c...-region-locked/

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 21:13)

Well that was expected. 360 had Region protection as well.

I just hope the PS4 dosen’t follow suit as well, PS3, and the PSP (No clue about the Vita) didn’t have Region locking , I think there was maybe one game with it at all? But that said it is a disappointment none the less.

A few of my favorite games of this last generation were Imports from Japan, mainly Gundam games, and the Wangan Midnight game since they didn't make it to this side of the pond.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Monday, May 27 2013, 10:52)

I just hope the PS4 dosen’t follow suit as well, PS3, and the PSP (No clue about the Vita) didn’t have Region locking , I think there was maybe one game with it at all? But that said it is a disappointment none the less.

A few of my favorite games of this last generation were Imports from Japan, mainly Gundam games, and the Wangan Midnight game since they didn't make it to this side of the pond.

Nah. I think Sony have enough sense not to do something so annoying. I'm not buying a One anyway so I'm not bothered. I don't think they've ever region locked a console before at all.

But this isn't the first console to be region locked, if I remember correctly the Wii U was region locked by Nintendo too.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

user posted image

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 21:41)
QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Monday, May 27 2013, 10:52)

Nah. I think Sony have enough sense not to do something so annoying. I'm not buying a One anyway so I'm not bothered. I don't think they've ever region locked a console before at all.

But this isn't the first console to be region locked, if I remember correctly the Wii U was region locked by Nintendo too.

Yeah it by no means is the first to be region locked. Actually the PS3 is the first one I know of recently that isn't region locked, I could be wrong. I know the PS2 was, as was the 360. The PS3 could be region locked if a Publisher or a Dev chose so on the disk, I think there was one game that did that and it was to prevent import sales from hurter local businesses in countries, I think that was the reason given, don't rember I may just be thinking it all up out of nowhere.

That said it's annoying especially since either a region may have censoring on a game, or there's a game you can't get in some regions due to it not being sold out side of a select few countries due to lack of reason to localize it.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Monday, May 27 2013, 12:39)
user posted image

RIP Heath Ledger. cryani.gif

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

amd-microsoft-deal-for-xbox-one-cost-over-3-billion/

“AMD provided a custom silicon solution to Microsoft for the Xbox One, a game console and entertainment device. This required the coordination of multiple functional teams within AMD, as well as regular customer meetings with leadership teams responsible for handling the challenges of complex, muti-year deals. This project is valued at $3+B.”

$3 billion might seem like a lot of money but Microsoft plans to sell anywhere between 400 million and 1 billion Xbox one units during its lifetime and therefore it shouldn’t be taken as a surprise that it’s decided to invest big bucks for developing a robust system.

AMD has also provided key components for both Sony and Nintendo’s next-gen consoles: Wii U and PlayStation 4.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Monday, May 27 2013, 17:54)
Microsoft plans to sell anywhere between 400 million and 1 billion Xbox one units during its lifetime

Good luck with that, Microsoft.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

On BBC's episode of Click, 25th of this month, Microsoft assured people the Xbox One will be focused on gaming, he said it's a games console made by gamers, for gamers and that it is an unrivalled machine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b006m9ry

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Monday, May 27 2013, 18:54)
amd-microsoft-deal-for-xbox-one-cost-over-3-billion/

“AMD provided a custom silicon solution to Microsoft for the Xbox One, a game console and entertainment device. This required the coordination of multiple functional teams within AMD, as well as regular customer meetings with leadership teams responsible for handling the challenges of complex, muti-year deals. This project is valued at $3+B.”

$3 billion might seem like a lot of money but Microsoft plans to sell anywhere between 400 million and 1 billion Xbox one units during its lifetime and therefore it shouldn’t be taken as a surprise that it’s decided to invest big bucks for developing a robust system.

AMD has also provided key components for both Sony and Nintendo’s next-gen consoles: Wii U and PlayStation 4.

Hahahahahah. They sold 75 million 360s. Now they have all the hate of the community and say they will sell 400 million xbox one....

Good luck MS

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Slide reveals Words with Friends coming to Xbox One
A slide on the Xbox 360 dashboard seems to have revealed that Zynga’s tile-based word game, Words with Friends, is going to release on Microsoft’ next-gen console: Xbox One.

Microsofts Exclusive list so far.

Words with Friends
Some card game /rewamp of PC
Forza Motorsport 5 - Unknown Release - Turn 10 Studios
Ryse - Unknown Release - Crytek
Quantum Break - Unknown Release - Remedy Entertainment

that's 5 out of 15 people.

There are surely going to be at least 3-4 Kinect Exclusives.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Monday, May 27 2013, 18:54)
$3 billion might seem like a lot of money but Microsoft plans to sell anywhere between 400 million and 1 billion Xbox one units during its lifetime

He's talking about all gaming consoles combined. He thinks that by going broader (making consoles about more than gaming) every party involved (mainly Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo) will sell a lot more than last generations. VG247 misinterpreted OXM.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

user posted image

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, May 27 2013, 17:06)
On BBC's episode of Click, 25th of this month, Microsoft assured people the Xbox One will be focused on gaming, he said it's a games console made by gamers, for gamers and that it is an unrivalled machine.

If it's made by gamers, for gamers.......then why is the Xbox one's GPU 50% less powerful than the PS4's? This really puzzles me. confused.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Monday, May 27 2013, 17:04)
QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Monday, May 27 2013, 17:54)
Microsoft plans to sell anywhere between 400 million and 1 billion Xbox one units during its lifetime

Good luck with that, Microsoft.

They're probably designed to break down every year, so you have to buy a new ONE anually. I am on my third xbox and many xbox 360 owners have bought replacements.

360 sales to date are 76+ million. Subscription to XBL (Gold and Silver) 46 million. Factor in multiple accounts and you are talking 30+ million xbox 360 customers that have had to replace at least one xbox 360. I'm just using crude statistical analysis, but whatever the statistics, the number of replacements vastly inflataes the number of sales.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Monday, May 27 2013, 19:16)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, May 27 2013, 17:06)

If it's made by gamers, for gamers.......then why is the Xbox one's GPU 50% less powerful than the PS4's? This really puzzles me. confused.gif

Because it was just a bullsh*t hype statement.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by Hvitdverg, 27 May 2013 - 07:33 PM.

I think I'm speaking for almost everyone when I say this.

Microsoft you are doing it all wrong this time.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Monday, May 27 2013, 19:27)
I think I'm speaking for almost everyone when I say this.

At least they did a 180 on there being a fee to activate used games (under the pressure of all the negative PR they were getting, of course) http://www.polygon.c...ecks-used-games

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Monday, May 27 2013, 19:46)
QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Monday, May 27 2013, 19:27)
I think I'm speaking for almost  everyone when I say this.

At least they did a 180 on there being a fee to activate used games (under the pressure of all the negative PR they were getting, of course) http://www.polygon.c...ecks-used-games

The current policy they are trying to implement, is that the fee goes to the publisher and MS at the point of sale - which is the used game store. I think MS are trying to negotiate with the public based on PR and spin at the moment.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

The man who tried to sell two early Xbox One hardware developer kits on eBay and later had his home raided by law enforcement in Australia is now threatening to expose even more information on Microsoft's next console, among other things. The hacker, known as SuperDaE, says the information will be offered if he is formally arrested sometime today.

Kotaku reports that SuperDaE, who has the real first name of Dylan, claims that he has set up a way to send out an automated message to his Twitter account if he is not in front of his computer in Perth at 8 pm local time (8 am Eastern time). He claims the Twitter message will have a link to a FTP server where anyone will be able to access two TB of read-only files.

Those FTP files reportedly contain software development kits for the Xbox One, the PlayStation 4 and the Wii U consoles. He also claims to have code from Epic's Unreal Engine 4 graphics engine, older code for upcoming games such as Company of Heroes 2 and more.

While the local police and FBI raid on SuperDaE's home happened in February, no charges were filed at that time. SuperDaE believes the raid was conducted thanks to a request from Microsoft, but the company has denied any official involvement. SuperDaE claims he is making a "political statement" with today's threatened file release, adding. "The U.S. works on Capitalism. The government isn't Microsoft's personal servant."

http://www.thetechga...-more-info.html
https://twitter.com/superDaE

Limitless
  • Limitless

Bad, for a greater good.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, May 27 2013, 17:06)
later had his home raided by law enforcement in Australia

While the local police and FBI raid on SuperDaE's home

I'm just curios, is it really that important for the FBI to get involved with stuff over in Australia. To me it seems it would be allot of red tape for this to happen.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:06)
The man who tried to sell two early Xbox One hardware developer kits on eBay and later had his home raided by law enforcement in Australia is now threatening to expose even more information on Microsoft's next console, among other things. The hacker, known as SuperDaE, says the information will be offered if he is formally arrested sometime today.

Kotaku reports that SuperDaE, who has the real first name of Dylan, claims that he has set up a way to send out an automated message to his Twitter account if he is not in front of his computer in Perth at 8 pm local time (8 am Eastern time). He claims the Twitter message will have a link to a FTP server where anyone will be able to access two TB of read-only files.

Those FTP files reportedly contain software development kits for the Xbox One, the PlayStation 4 and the Wii U consoles. He also claims to have code from Epic's Unreal Engine 4 graphics engine, older code for upcoming games such as Company of Heroes 2 and more.

While the local police and FBI raid on SuperDaE's home happened in February, no charges were filed at that time. SuperDaE believes the raid was conducted thanks to a request from Microsoft, but the company has denied any official involvement. SuperDaE claims he is making a "political statement" with today's threatened file release, adding. "The U.S. works on Capitalism. The government isn't Microsoft's personal servant."

http://www.thetechga...-more-info.html
https://twitter.com/superDaE

how many hours from now is this?

cba to convert

but they will shut down his account before that though

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

45 minutes left in New York.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

already edited my post. I bet they will shut down his twitter before that

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

I don't know if they will shut it down before it happens, as they will want to know the location of the FTP server too in order to deal with that. If the twitter is going to get shut down it'll be minutes or seconds after the link is posted, if it's even posted at all.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:29)
I don't know if they will shut it down before it happens, as they will want to know the location of the FTP server too in order to deal with that. If the twitter is going to get shut down it'll be minutes or seconds after the link is posted, if it's even posted at all.

probably i got it wrong but he said that IF he gets arrested. that means he isnt yet. I think it wont be posted until he gets arrested which seems unlikely atm

•¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•
  • •¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (reform @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 10:29)

People are going to stake out the twitter and download that sh*t asap if the link gets sent out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users