5,138 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 19:37)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:00)
Only problem I have with it so far and from what I've just learned is the constant Kinect being on. Everything else is hunky dory on my end.

You are fine with paying a $60 fee to play used games and not being able to lend your friends your games?

I think that is unacceptable but that is just me. If you think it is okay then have fun, mate. I know I will not buy the console, but don't see the need to attack those that will. smile.gif

That doesn't bother me, I don't lend my games out anyways, mate. This is cutting down on piracy and lost profits. Again, if these companies don't make money, gaming will eventually fall. Yes, it may be like 'damnnn, charging for that?!' but I understand where they're coming from. If everyone and their cousin handed their games down, then anyone could play the same game while developers don't make any profit.

These guys spend millllllions to make milllllions for a game you love and play. A little fee is minor compared to the $60 you've just paid, just be a real friend and tell them to 'buy your own game bro'

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 03:12)
This is cutting down on piracy and lost profits.

No, it's clearly an attempt to charge two different people for one license. If I let someone borrow a game, then I do not have possession of that game during that time it is borrowed and cannot play it. If it were truly piracy, then the copy would have to be duplicated so that both people simultaneously possess the game and can play it.

The argument that the developers "don't make any profit" on used games is implying an absurd sense of entitlement that they should never be given. If a person sells their car outright, should the manufacturer get a slice of that action? That's a resounding "f*ck no" from everyone everywhere and the situation should be looked at no differently for a game publisher. There is absolutely no logical reason they should be entitled to multiple sales, or portions thereof, of the same license.

So if you're the kind of person willing to conform to the enslaved mold being cast by a draconian system at the expense of being an outright dick to your friends, then have fun with that.

xXGayKillaXx
  • xXGayKillaXx

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

We're not even sure yet if we have to pay the full price of the game or a portion of it.

Mind proving me wrong, anyway?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:34 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 23 May 2013 - 10:38 AM.

This is beautiful. This is a wet dream for all the online trolls and griefers.

http://www.polygon.c...xbox-one-reveal

They are relying on Kinect as the integral part of the Xbox One experience, but to me this looks like a huge design oversight.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:34)

They are relying on Kinect as the integral part of the Xbox One experience, but to me this looks like a huge design oversight.

It does it in games that support voice commands as well. Have a look at how much trouble kinect had with Torbjorn Shatter-Shield - the word "terms" - and the Storm Call shout. And this is only a fraction of the amount of times it occurred:

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

I think it doesn't look too bad, getting tired of all the negative comments regarding the design...it's named xbox, it looks like a box, what's the big deal? shaping it like a triangle or god knows what won't make it run any faster. complaints regarding kinect being a must, well, it'll be included, no?

sigh

not interested in consoles anyways but this bashing is just pointless

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:34)

lol, who has a kinect anyway? it's called unplug it.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Exxon @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:20)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:57)
X360 was a f*cking super computer when It was revealed, not even High End PCs could compete with it.

I don't believe that, where the hell did you get that from?

What? suicidal.gif

Were you alive in 2005? Don't think so.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Xcomm summed it up really.

I know that they are allowing you to play the games after install without the disc, but why can't there just be an option within a license menu on the dash, to either assign or unassign license to a game to allow it to play on your console. Or just deleting a part of the install off of the hard drive. (Leaving the game still installed but the part allowing you to play it without the disc, removed.)

For example: I buy a game, install it, put the disc away and play, if I for some reason want to lend it to someone, I go into my account, unassign the license (which would then disable me from playing it off the hard drive) which would then allow the next person to install that disc to their console and either choose just to play from disc, or from the install.

Besides, I just don't get it anyway, the reason people lend/borrow/rent games is because they specifically are not going to buy it full retail, if that ability were completely removed, those people just wouldnt get to play those games, it is not like those people would just buy the game full price. You rent to see if you like a game, then you buy it, or you borrow because you can't afford or don't want to buy a game, so if it is removed Microsoft arent gaining any more revenue, it just stops more people playing titles. What if you just want to play that same game on a separate account of yours that you have, you can't. Or gaming companies that make game videos and let's plays, no longer can they pass a disc round the office. Complete bullsh*t.

To be honest I don't even know why they are even bothering with the discs in the first place, just make the titles downloadable on day one, and discs have to be in the drive, like it is now, what is the problem?

Either way this console sucks balls, but most because I have to be connected to the net and have to have the kinect bullsh*t connected. f*ck both of those.

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

I really could not care less about how well the games run or what exclusives they have. The Kinnect, whole 'one game on one account' and the logging on the internet once evry 24 hours has killed it for me. I despise Kinnect and Playstation Move with a passion and if they are mandatory for both then I wouldn't get either, but so far I know its mandatory for the Xbox One.

The whole console seems so rushed as though Sony caught them by suprised so they just threw something together that would make them money and that they could put it on the shelf the same time Sony did. I honestly did not expect it to be that terrible but I'm sure Sony were rubbing their hands with glee while they watched that convention.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (xXGayKillaXx @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:13)
We're not even sure yet if we have to pay the full price of the game or a portion of it.

You're still paying to borrow games. Also on Xbox one if you lend outa game it Will still be in you posession due to mandatory download.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 12:01)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:34)

lol, who has a kinect anyway? it's called unplug it.

Many many times it has been mnetioned in this thread, the console won't work without the Kinect.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 04:04)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 03:12)
This is cutting down on piracy and lost profits.

No, it's clearly an attempt to charge two different people for one license. If I let someone borrow a game, then I do not have possession of that game during that time it is borrowed and cannot play it. If it were truly piracy, then the copy would have to be duplicated so that both people simultaneously possess the game and can play it.

The argument that the developers "don't make any profit" on used games is implying an absurd sense of entitlement that they should never be given. If a person sells their car outright, should the manufacturer get a slice of that action? That's a resounding "f*ck no" from everyone everywhere and the situation should be looked at no differently for a game publisher. There is absolutely no logical reason they should be entitled to multiple sales, or portions thereof, of the same license.

So if you're the kind of person willing to conform to the enslaved mold being cast by a draconian system at the expense of being an outright dick to your friends, then have fun with that.

Then kindly message Xbox about your complaint. I'm sure they'll be more than welcome to help you. sigh.gif

It's a business man, business wants money, spend money to make money. I owned a business for awhile too.. Money is king these days. No matter how much you complain about it, it's not going to change. They've been in business for decades now, they're not going to change their minds.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

^Unless they lose out big time to the PS4.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:45)
^Unless they lose out big time to the PS4.

Which judging by the way things are going now, they will be.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:13 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 23 May 2013 - 03:18 PM.

http://kotaku.com/yo...icros-509140825

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee - and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game - in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Phil Harrison says.

Note that Phil Harrison is the corporate vice president of Microsoft. So, it's not just a ''rumour''. smile.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by TRN4L, 23 May 2013 - 05:00 PM.

I swear game consumers get dumber in each generation. Gaming has evolved so must the consoles. Xbox One does so many different things, how can you judge it by old standards? We see how well the wii U is doing by sticking to old ways. We live in the era of connectivity who cares about always on? You REALLY think the system will cease to function without internet? Uhm no. Even if it did tell your friends to get modern and get some damn wifi. Wtf. Yeah I'm sure there are exceptions but get over it. Why would you ever buy a console that ONLY plays games when you can have one that does that AND every other multi media function you could ask for? If PS4 doesn't add this type of functionality it will never have mass appeal beyond name recognition and the niche that has become hardcore gamers. Nothings perfect but MS have shown they will have generational updates Durring the generation itself. All opinion of course.

Oh and I wouldn't be shocked to see 4G capability in XBO's future

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:06)

You're still paying to borrow games. Also on Xbox one if you lend outa game it Will still be in you posession due to mandatory download.

It has been confirmed that you have to pay the full license fee.

Link to confirmation.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a feeand not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (TRN4L @ Friday, May 24 2013, 05:57)
Why would you ever buy a console that ONLY plays games when you can have one that does that AND every other multi media function you could ask for?

Because we've already got other, much better sh*t that does all that better like laptops, smart phones, smart TV, ipads, PCs etc. I don't need an Xbox One to watch TV, I have a TV already! Its called a GAMING console because its about GAMING and not about watching TV. Its like its Windows 8 with a "run 360" application on it.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

The controller looks quite cool, but the PS4 is definitely far more superior at this point IMO.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Why couldn't Microsoft just stick with how consoles have worked for decades. Why have all this DRM which makes lending games impossible? Oh wait, it's to force consumers to spend more money and the online connection requirment is to shove Doritos and Mountain Dew in your face.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 19:34)
Why couldn't Microsoft just stick with how consoles have worked for decades. Why have all this DRM which makes lending games impossible? Oh wait, it's to force consumers to spend more money and the online connection requirment is to shove Doritos and Mountain Dew in your face.

You forgot Pizza Hut... not to mention all other crap paid subscription feces.

VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 18:09)
Why would you ever buy a console that ONLY plays games when you can have one that does that AND every other multi media function you could ask for?

Because we've already got other, much better sh*t that does all that better like laptops, smart phones, smart TV, ipads, PCs etc. I don't need an Xbox One to watch TV, I have a TV already! Its called a GAMING console because its about GAMING and not about watching TV. Its like its Windows 8 with a "run 360" application on it.

Dude, you are wasting your time with these people. Those are the people M$ is relying on to fell for thier new retarded ''gaming console''. No wonder they had the guts to put all those anti-customer features in it, because they knew some people will still buy it AND defend it. suicidal.gif

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 18:43)

Dude, you are wasting your time with these people. Those are the people M$ is relying on to fell for thier new retarded ''gaming console''. No wonder they had the guts to put all those anti-customer features in it, because they knew some people will still buy it AND defend it. suicidal.gif

So you would like a console that only plays games? So if one day you pop in a movie and a message pops up saying "Unsupported Media" would you like that? Or you want to rip your music to your HDD, bam, the "Unsupported Media" message appears, that would be sh*t.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

A console is not only for used for Gaming, I agree with Erebos it would be incredibly sh*t that a console would only be able to play video games which is quite old-fashioned IMO, gaming is still not stuck in the PS2 era and you can't expect it to either.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Friday, May 24 2013, 07:49)

So you would like a console that only plays games? So if one day you pop in a movie and a message pops up saying "Unsupported Media" would you like that? Or you want to rip your music to your HDD, bam, the "Unsupported Media" message appears, that would be sh*t.

The thing is that we've had that sh*t around since the PS2 and Xbox, watching DVDs and ripping music and stuff, plus the Blu Ray on the PS3. That I'm cool with that. Its when all of that stuff starts to stick its hairy nose into the gaming side of things, like turning the whole console into Windows 8 with all this TV and Sports features. They barely even touched upon the gaming in this reveal! There's a difference to adding a couple of cool features and ignoring what the console was designed to be, a gaming console.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 18:49)

I don't think that's what he's saying. The primary function of a games console should be to play and support games. Of course its great to be able to play dvds/blurays and import music and of course I would be disappointed if these features weren't available but, that doesn't mean that they should take priority over the primary function of the console, which is to play games.

Microsoft have made streaming tv, movies and music the primary function of the Xbox One, leaving gaming as a secondary feature. To me, this means that they have not developed the best possible console they could have for the gaming market. When developing a games console, one should take gaming into account first and everything else second. The Xbox One is an entertainment system (granted they've marketed it as such) and this concept is what will drive gamers away.

Mockage
  • Mockage

First Breath After Coma

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:15)

I don't think that's what he's saying. The primary function of a games console should be to play and support games. Of course its great to be able to play dvds/blurays and import music and of course I would be disappointed if these features weren't available but, that doesn't mean that they should take priority over the primary function of the console, which is to play games.

Microsoft have made streaming tv, movies and music the primary function of the Xbox One, leaving gaming as a secondary feature. To me, this means that they have not developed the best possible console they could have for the gaming market. When developing a games console, one should take gaming into account first and everything else second. The Xbox One is an entertainment system (granted they've marketed it as such) and this concept is what will drive gamers away.

It already is. I mean come on, there's a restriction on letting a friend borrow a game, you have to stay online whenever the console is on (higher internet bill. why would anybody want to pay more for their internet if they're not really using it? Stupid), the console itself looks dumbed down and not eye-catching, you need Kinect to use it, otherwise you can't, oh, and Xbox live still isn't free. It's clear that the PS4 is going to offer a much better and immersive gaming experience for gamers of all kind just because it's more accessible and there's no tricks or anything like that. You get what you buy.

The One is going to blow, I can just tell.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:34)

Haha that did make me chuckle. Bit of a fail on Microsoft's part.
Must of been so annoying for the users as well. Reasons like this plus many more, that strengthens my hate for Kinect.

Technique
  • Technique

Insane.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 19:31)
QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:15)

It already is. I mean come on, there's a restriction on letting a friend borrow a game, you have to stay online whenever the console is on (higher internet bill. why would anybody want to pay more for their internet if they're not really using it? Stupid), the console itself looks dumbed down and not eye-catching, you need Kinect to use it, otherwise you can't, oh, and Xbox live still isn't free. It's clear that the PS4 is going to offer a much better and immersive gaming experience for gamers of all kind just because it's more accessible and there's no tricks or anything like that. You get what you buy.

The One is going to blow, I can just tell.

It's already over before it even started, microsoft lost. At first, I thought I'd buy the xbox next because of Halo but then I saw the reveal and am ready to give it up. If PS4's ''live'' service is for free, then they've won.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users