Photo

Official Xbox One Topic

5,423 replies to this topic
KillaMoneyMike
  • KillaMoneyMike

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Always love it when a next-gen of systems come out. I remember the 360 and PS3 coming out like it was yesterday. Now it seems like THIS YEAR already we are due for the PS4 and Xbox720(?). I didnt even know of this until not too recently. And it looks like we really are getting an announcement soon. I'm hella excited about this. I want to see what the new sh*ts look like amongst other things. Hopefully at E3 we will get an announcement but they are saying it might even be sooner. And they are saying the PS4 will have a controller with a screen on it.

But I'm hoping neither Microsoft or Sony makes any silly mistakes and dedicates half the consoles to something other than gaming or something because that would suck. Who gives a sh*t about all the other features, we can do them just about anywhere. Please Microsoft/Sony, dont waste the consoles potential on some bullsh*t that doesnt correlate to gaming. Make it actually about gaming enough with all the outside the box sh*t.

Don't do a half-assed ripoff of the Wii or something with motion senors if your not going to go balls to the wall with it. And I'm not so sure I'd even want it then. Just keep it freakin basic. We dont need no screens on our controller either wtf...Thats not what their focus should be on. How about making the graphics twice as good as they are now. Imagine lets say GTA 6 with graphics twice as good as 5.....I dont even know how that would look. I'm not so sure its possible but if you look at some PC games, they look pretty freakin good. Plus they say the next gen will have some PC hardware bullsh*t we'll see what they look like hopefully soon.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

So far, I am not really liking what I am hearing right now. I heard a while ago that the PS 4 would not be able to played used games/PS3 games, which is stupid if that turns out to be true. Then earlier I read on IGN that the Dualshock controller will no longer exist with the PS 4. I am interested in seeing what launch titles will be available at the time of its release, but as of now, the console is sounding a bit underwhelming. That could always change over the course of time.

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 07:46)
So far, I am not really liking what I am hearing right now. I heard a while ago that the PS 4 would not be able to played used games/PS3 games, which is stupid if that turns out to be true. Then earlier I read on IGN that the Dualshock controller will no longer exist with the PS 4. I am interested in seeing what launch titles will be available at the time of its release, but as of now, the console is sounding a bit underwhelming. That could always change over the course of time.

I really hope not, it's such a piss take when companies go ahead and make new things without backwards compatibility.

ArienMC
  • ArienMC

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

This is the complete wrong place for this thread, but I'll chime in anyways. I really hope Sony decides to make a screen based controller just so It's easy for me to avoid it and go with the 720 instead. I don't understand why companies think they need to add some gimmick for people to buy a system. Kinect = fail, move = fail. Just give us a controller, and awesome HD games and we'll be happy. Either way I'm most likely getting the 720 first anyways. But if Sony makes a mistake of doing this I'll probably just avoid it down the road as well. I super pumped as well.

DzNutz
  • DzNutz

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

It doesn't really matter.. it's going to get to a point where you'll feel left out if you don't have a next gen console. & we know less about Next gen than GTA5. lol...I'm definitely going to wait a while after release before I buy it. ya know, wait for that price to drop.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

I don't have any thoughts on the PS4 yet because no solid information has been revealed yet.

How about we wait until we know what its going to be like instead of making assumptions based on rumours?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

But I'm hoping neither Microsoft or Sony makes any silly mistakes and dedicates half the consoles to something other than gaming or something because that would suck. Who gives a sh*t about all the other features, we can do them just about anywhere. Please Microsoft/Sony, dont waste the consoles potential on some bullsh*t that doesnt correlate to gaming. Make it actually about gaming enough with all the outside the box sh*t.

Why? Adding features into the software makes pretty much no difference to what the hardware will be or what it's capable of running.
I really want the outside-gaming features, Music streaming, Movies on Demand, multi-tasking between games and movies or music, foxtel.
Those things are all really useful.

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

If they redesign the controller i'll definitely pick one up at some stage. I tried to play a PS3 the other day and I don't even have particularly big hands and using the triggers was f*cking ridiculous.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sony will f*ck up on something..So will Microsoft..

They will do something that will piss off the consumers like Sony did with the PSVita (even though that is handheld). I guess I could be just ranting, time will tell. But there is always some better idea that the consumers have that never makes it to consoles or handhelds, or it takes a long ass time for them to implement something like that.

Still, I don't really like the idea of them calling it PS4 and Xbox 720. I don't know why, the names just suck or got old. I would be happy with the name "Playstation 3" or without a number..just upgraded hardware.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Okay, so here's what to probably expect from the PS4.

Not sure why most of you have already formed some opinion of it when we still don't have any solid information. Unless Sony release their own Ouya I'm not sure the hardware will excite many people. Hopefully people start focusing more on game engines and developers rather than the platforms themselves!

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

until official information is released via Sony themselves I will reserve judgement.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Anyway, Sony patented this controller a few months ago. It incorporates their move device with an actual controller, which doesn't seem something incredibly unlikely with their new console.

VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:48 PM Edited by VitoJoe, 20 January 2013 - 01:50 PM.

http://oxcgn.com/201...eans-on-reddit/
This would allow Microsoft to have and focus on Kinect 2.0, and the PS4 to truly be a workhorse. It should also be pointed out that Sony is investing alot in the systems GPU compared to that of Microsoft.

In descending order, the most powerful system would be the PS4 with the Xbox 720 in the middle and the Wii U at the bottom.

Looks like i will be buying a PS4. I knew Microsoft would let me down, just like what they have been doing since 2010, should've bought a PS3 to replace my 360 that year. sad.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 13:48)
http://oxcgn.com/201...eans-on-reddit/
This would allow Microsoft to have and focus on Kinect 2.0, and the PS4 to truly be a workhorse. It should also be pointed out that Sony is investing alot in the systems GPU compared to that of Microsoft.

In descending order, the most powerful system would be the PS4 with the Xbox 720 in the middle and the Wii U at the bottom.

Looks like i will be buying a PS4. I knew Microsoft would let me down, just like what they have been doing since 2010, should've bought a PS3 to replace my 360 that year. sad.gif

I hope it doesn't mean that some of the console exclusives will also be out on PC. I mean, not that I have something against PC-s, but every platform should have some exclusives! Otherwise I might stay with my PC forever.

spiderman3000
  • spiderman3000

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (ArienMC @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 06:57)
This is the complete wrong place for this thread, but I'll chime in anyways. I really hope Sony decides to make a screen based controller just so It's easy for me to avoid it and go with the 720 instead. I don't understand why companies think they need to add some gimmick for people to buy a system. Kinect = fail, move = fail. Just give us a controller, and awesome HD games and we'll be happy. Either way I'm most likely getting the 720 first anyways. But if Sony makes a mistake of doing this I'll probably just avoid it down the road as well. I super pumped as well.

WTF? Adding a touchscreen to the controller adds a TON of new possibilities for different games(I have so many ideas in my head how this can work its unreal).

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (spiderman3000 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 14:18)
QUOTE (ArienMC @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 06:57)

WTF? Adding a touchscreen to the controller adds a TON of new possibilities for different games(I have so many ideas in my head how this can work its unreal).

What ideas, for example? I'm curious, because I personally can't come up with anything except that you could play mini-games (like darts in GTA IV) on the touchscreen or use it to browse web while playing a game.

PlaystationGamer266
  • PlaystationGamer266

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Cant wait for the PS4

Locked and loaded baby! this will be a hell of a ride!! WOOO

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Woah there, calm down man.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Remix @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 05:10)
Unless Sony release their own Ouya I'm not sure the hardware will excite many people.

I hope you're not trying to imply that the Ouya is in any way impressive. There's footage of it struggling to get above 25FPS playing flash games designed for smartphone OSes.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Official: Sony will let Microsoft make the first move:
http://www.ign.com/a...make-first-move

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 00:58)

I just wanted to add another link to the 720 discussion.
Don't know if anyone knows about this yet

http://www.inflexwet...21/xbox-720-e3/

It also shows pics and spcs for the 720

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

When do you guys think they're gonna be announced?
Will you cease to buy another console, switch to a different one, or stick with your current one?
If you plan on buying it, how soon after its release will you purchase it?

I think they're gonna be announced between March to E3. Sony have said that they want Microsoft to unviel their hardware before they do, so this really depends on Microsoft which I don't know much about.

I'm still gonna be a gamer, don't see that changing. I grew up with PlayStation and can't see myself switching consoles unless Sony really f*ck up the PS4 in some way that makes it infurior to the 720, such as the inability to play used games, or an awkward controller that's touch-based, as the rumours have been saying.

I will probaly buy the PS4 about a year after its release for 4 simple reasons:
1. Price drop
2. New models will be released that are even better than launch models
3. Not many games will be released in its first year
4. The PS3 is still making wonderful games thanks to developers mastering its limitations and understanding how it works

What about you guys?

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

The only part of those specs that I would believe is the Gigabit ethernet. Everything else just seems too vague and is likely made up.

I plan to get the Xbox on release but I'll see how much the PS4 is and maybe go for it. Specs are important too.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm going to wait a year or two to buy my next gen console. I'll probably end up going for the Xbox "720" because of my Live account and all of my friends.

Hopefully, they're really high end so they won't be holding back PC gaming for a while.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think I'll drop $800 on both if they truly are at a standing $400 price tag.

I'm not really looking forward to the next consoles as I feel it won't be a huge leap, and granted - it probably won't be for a while, but hey, I'm interested to see what Sony/Microsoft has up their sleeves.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 13:01)
When do you guys think they're gonna be announced?
Will you cease to buy another console, switch to a different one, or stick with your current one?
If you plan on buying it, how soon after its release will you purchase it?

I'll definitely buy a PS4, I prefer the PS3's style and just the company in general, It's smaller things that win me over, I feel the PS is more durable, and it's a little simpler, built in batteries rather than having to buy either a pack from Microsoft separately, or your own batteries all the time and I definitely prefer the fanbase for PS, say what you want about them being the same, but in my experience I play way more annoying kiddies on XBL than PSN.

I will definitely buy on release as well, no sense waiting a year to save maybe a 100 bucks, That's 100 bucks well spent for a year extra of entertainment.

"Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?"

A good sentiment I think, The PS3 did this, it had built in wifi and a Blu-ray player which the OG 360 did not have, significant changes are unlikely though.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

"Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?"

Why come up with something better when developers will make games to run on both?

Let's say MS put 8GB of RAM in their console, then Sony put 10GB of RAM in theirs. Developers will make games that utilise 8GB of RAM for both consoles, and Sony will be left with 2GB of redundant RAM. It's better to just put in the architecture that the developers want and release it asap.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 21:20)

Let's say MS put 8GB of RAM in their console, then Sony put 10GB of RAM in theirs. Developers will make games that utilise 8GB of RAM for both consoles, and Sony will be left with 2GB of redundant RAM. It's better to just put in the architecture that the developers want and release it asap.

They utilize what PC has to offer, why not what each console has to offer? COD developers utilize the power of the PS3 and 360 while the Wii version looks significantly worse

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Some Next-Generation related news here and has anyone heard about this? Well I'd say, it's pretty cool what they are about to showcase at Game Developers Conference 2013.

" the Programming track, Activision Blizzard's Jorge Jimenez will share the developer's first steps toward creating photo-realistic characters for next-generation games and hardware in 'Next Generation Character Rendering.'

Aiming to "overcome the uncanny valley with next-gen run-time techniques and good artistic direction," Jimenez's talk "will show high-quality next-generation shading driven with a plausible game rig." His presentation will include Activision Blizzard's current techniques for subsurface scattering rendering, eye shading, anti-aliasing, depth of field, and film grain.

For more information on these or others in the show's growing lineup, check out GDC 2013's official Schedule Builder, which continues to add new talks every week.

Discounted early registration for GDC passes ends February 13, and GDC 2013 itself will take place March 25-29 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.

For more information on GDC 2013, visit the show's official website, or subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS"

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:31 PM Edited by DneroJohnson, 23 January 2013 - 06:56 PM.

Check out this article by Kotaku.

They got dem specs and sh*t.

EDIT: Might as well post the specs here for teh lazy:

System Memory: 8GB
Video Memory: 2.2 GB
CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (so, 8x cores)
GPU: AMD R10xx
Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet
Drive: Blu-Ray
HDD: 160GB
Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users