Photo

Official Xbox One Topic

5,252 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 11:39)

plus my software updates take 30 minutes at most (for major updates that end in x.x0) and like 10-15 minutes otherwise not 2 hours where the hell are you getting 2 hours from, some kind of time dilation where you are, or is your internet download speed pants. And my internet connection is average thank you for asking. 9average as in median, it is literally the median of UK internet speeds. I do the speedtest and it usually goes around between 49-51 percentile)

plus on ps3 you can have it so you enter a disc and it auto plays, I hate it when people criticise something and there is an option to effectively remove their point of criticism. And i swear that on my ps3 (with auto play off) it auto-selects when i put a disc in so again where are you getting your information? are you sure you have a ps3 or are you making stuff up? or were you screwed by someone taping a ps1 and ps2 together?

I'm not talking software updates for games, i'm talking Playstation System update, you may try to play a game online it then tells you to quit game go to settings and select SYSTEM UPDATE, This has never taken less than 2 hours for me on my brothers PS3. Sure game software updates take minutes.

360 has autoplay option too, but I have never turned on a PS3 into the list and had the option to play game immediatly.
It's left then down maybe twice, then for DVD you have to go elsewere.
Again it's on the PS3 that sit's in my livingroom as it is my brothers, I have my 360 in my bedroom.
I also watch my friends do it on their's, not a single one has an option to select game immediatly, always have to find it in the list, it's the main damn reason you bought a games console and you have to play find the game button.

System updates on 360 have changed the entire look of the Dashboard (eqivalent of list menu) and made it more user friendly and look better, PS have never thought about making that bad list method better???? Are they really thinking of you?

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:09 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 16 December 2012 - 01:12 PM.

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 05:20)
I'm not talking software updates for games, i'm talking Playstation System update, you may try to play a game online it then tells you to quit game go to settings and select SYSTEM UPDATE, This has never taken less than 2 hours for me on my brothers PS3.

Again, that is not true, it never takes more than 15 minutes at most and my internet connection is average at best, how fast is your internet connection? It must be really, really slow.
Yes, I'm talking about the PS3 System Update, I'm not talking about games patches/updates.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:15 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 16 December 2012 - 01:30 PM.

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 05:20)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 11:39)

plus my software updates take 30 minutes at most (for major updates that end in x.x0) and like 10-15 minutes otherwise not 2 hours where the hell are you getting 2 hours from, some kind of time dilation where you are, or is your internet download speed pants. And my internet connection is average thank you for asking. 9average as in median, it is literally the median of UK internet speeds. I do the speedtest and it usually goes around between 49-51 percentile)

plus on ps3 you can have it so you enter a disc and it auto plays, I hate it when people criticise something and there is an option to effectively remove their point of criticism. And i swear that on my ps3 (with auto play off) it auto-selects when i put a disc in so again where are you getting your information? are you sure you have a ps3 or are you making stuff up? or were you screwed by someone taping a ps1 and ps2 together?

I'm not talking software updates for games, i'm talking Playstation System update

neither was I.
full name is system SOFTWARE update smile.gif you nitwit

and can your tiny brain not handle finding the game in the GAME menu without thinking about it. boo f*cking hoo
and you have to go to the menus to try to make your point, not really important to the console in term of quality nor is it important in any way, as long as you have more brain cells than teeth you should be able to navigate either menu. and how is having what you think is an unintuitive menu translate to sony not thinking of their customers? I know sometimes logic needs a good f*cking but this is too far Microsoft see you as nothing but a pile of cash. that is a fact proven over and over. Sony are the same.

you are just another fanboy trying to turn this into a console war. Not biting

before you even attempt to even think about trying to call me on the same thing, read my first post on this topic.

Oh and don't mistake this message for a tone or anger, a friend of mine recently made that error. my tongue is firmly in my cheek for most of this
for simplicity's sake those parts will be in red

VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Guys, please ignore Chukkles, he is the biggest 360 fanboy on the forum and I knew that ever since I was just a lurker with no account, he tried to hide it in the past but he can't now since he is too butthurt because the PS3 finally passed the 360 in sales despite getting released a year later in the US, 18 months in the UK and 2 full years later in the Middle East and Australia (80+% market share for Sony btw, even more than Japan).

He is also too butthurt because every single AAA game that isn't aimed at kids (CoD and Skyrim) sold better on PS3 in 2011 and 2012, that includes Batman:Arkham City, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Assassin's Creed III, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Resident Evil 6 and many more (I can prove it with links if anyone is interested, same with the PS3 passing the 360).

Just ignore him, he gives us mature 360 players a bad name, like NateShaw92 said, Micro$oft doesn't give a ratass about you Chukkles, stop defending them, it's really pathetic. confused.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 12:14)
Better games is what I want to see on the next generation of consoles. They seem to have degenerated into hand-holding half movies over the past few years. What's happened is that developers are so afraid of spending money on creating content that players don't use, that they employ all sorts of quest locking and railroading of the player towards goals that are set by the developer rather than the player. Basically there should be more freedom for the player in the next generation of games.

This is an important thing for me. icon14.gif

xrocket307
  • xrocket307

Gta Revolutionized gaming industry

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

All I want is a good futuristic Xbox name not "Xbox 720"

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

If both consoles have fresh modern hardware and not some recycled scrap from three years ago, I'll be happy. I would also like BluRay drives and HD cables as standard in the box so I never have to play in pain as I visit a friend's house and they're connecting it through composite on a 42" TV.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 23:31)
If both consoles have fresh modern hardware and not some recycled scrap from three years ago, I'll be happy. I would also like BluRay drives and HD cables as standard in the box so I never have to play in pain as I visit a friend's house and they're connecting it through composite on a 42" TV.

that's a good one but sure i got a free hdmi cable with mine - HOWEVER I think that was just a store deal.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Ps4:
-Keep the controller
- Backward compatibility with ps3, ps2, ps1
- Keep free online
- Improved browser
- Improved BluRay drive
- None of that "can't play used games" sh*t that's been going around
- Upgradable HDD like ps3
- Able to transfer ps3 downloadable games to ps4
- Modest improvement in hardware, but keep it under $600.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 23:40)

???
I always play used games

if you mean things like online passes in games and dlc passes that is the developers. EA in particular - their war on used games is
user posted image

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 23:45)

???
I always play used games

I mean the rumors that next-gen consoles won't be able to play used games, I hope they don't turn out to be true.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 23:59)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 23:45)

???
I always play used games

I mean the rumors that next-gen consoles won't be able to play used games, I hope they don't turn out to be true.

how would that work

if i put a disc in, take it out, it is used, will it not play if I put it back in?
more likely it will eb a code you have to put in - which will be down to the individual developers again

this is one of the weirder rumours I have heard. Maybe I am missing something but it is not really possible for the console to do that
so I would not worry about it smile.gif

ConsumerVerified
  • ConsumerVerified

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

I don't know why people are keep thinking that the Next Gen Consoles will be BEASTLY machines.............NO they won't they will be much like the Wii U if not better, I think what Sony and M$ are aiming at is a whole different direction of what people are claiming or stuff, They won't have 4K Resolutions @ 60FPS, But thats just my thought, What im trying to say is that the leap from PS3 to PS4 won't be that big either in graphics or in realism compared to PS2 to PS3.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (ConsumerVerified @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 08:29)
I don't know why people are keep thinking that the Next Gen Consoles will be BEASTLY machines.............NO they won't they will be much like the Wii U if not better, I think what Sony and M$ are aiming at is a whole different direction of what people are claiming or stuff, They won't have 4K Resolutions @ 60FPS, But thats just my thought, What im trying to say is that the leap from PS3 to PS4 won't be that big either in graphics or in realism compared to PS2 to PS3.

thats one of the reasons I think the next gen is further than we think

what big leap is there to justify a new gen, each new gen has had a big leap
sure there may be a next console, but that does not mean it will eb a next generation. it will be like a ps 3.5
like an augmented ps3 with slightly more up to date hardware, not a new console altogether, more like a new model. and same for xbox - xbox 540?... i dunno

ConsumerVerified
  • ConsumerVerified

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:18 AM Edited by ConsumerVerified, 17 December 2012 - 09:30 AM.

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 08:32)

thats one of the reasons I think the next gen is further than we think

what big leap is there to justify a new gen, each new gen has had a big leap
sure there may be a next console, but that does not mean it will be a next generation. it will be like a ps 3.5
like an augmented ps3 with slightly more up to date hardware, not a new console altogether, more like a new model. and same for xbox - xbox 540?... i dunno

Well that statement is true that every new gen has had a bigger leap than the previous, The reason i am sticking to my point is because at First i thought that Nintendo pushed Wii U in the same boat Wii was in But then there was actually a reason for it being like that, The Next Gen Consoles if they are capable of 1080p @60 then would cost like $700-900 take a look at PS3's first launch, They screwed it with their prices, And thats because there are more Xbox users in the world today compared to PS3ers, So your point may be right but no one would buy the PS3.5 then, Because every new console shows how graphically superior it is to the previous one, PS2 graphics look sh*t and GateWay 3 was the game that showed me how much graphically a game could be improved (But it was cancelled for reasons) So many people would rather stick to X360/PS3 than buy PS3.5/X540?

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

I don't know why people are keep thinking that the Next Gen Consoles will be BEASTLY machines.............NO they won't they will be much like the Wii U.

Sony: We won't show the PS4 until it can demonstrate a significant leap:
http://www.computera...gnificant-leap/

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (ConsumerVerified @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 09:18)
And thats because there are more Xbox users in the world today compared to PS3ers

didn't someone say something to the contrary a few posts back... hmph

also why was he banned?

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:56 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 14 March 2013 - 09:59 AM.

404: Post not found

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 13:28)
also why was he banned?

Most likely a PBM (Previously Banned Member). smile.gif

VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (ConsumerVerified @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 09:18)
And thats because there are more Xbox users in the world today compared to PS3ers.

What? You still live in 2006? The PS3 passed the 360 in sales since September, dude.

Xbox 360 shipped exactly 70 million as of September 30th, 2012:
http://www.microsoft...Q1/default.aspx

PS3 shipped 63.9 million as of March 31st, 2012:
http://www.eurogamer...-sales-withheld

Now let's see how the PS3 compares to the 360 as of September 30th, 2012
:
http://www.scei.co.j...ces_sale_e.html

April-Sept = 6.3 million PS3's
63.9 + 6.3 = 70.2 million PS3 sold

Xbox 360 shipped and sold less, and the old ones had a high failure rate, so it's actually a fact there is more PS3 gamers, unlike what 360 fanboys think. I used to be one of them but I'm mature enough now, i only own a 360 btw but i'm sick of my favourite console's fanboys being this delusional, immature and downright stupid, I bet they still think the 360 has better exclusives. lol.gif

Sony beat Micro$oft, again. cool.gif

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=VitoJoe,Monday, Dec 17 2012, 16:23] [QUOTE=ConsumerVerified,Monday, Dec 17 2012, 09:18] And thats because there are more Xbox users in the world today compared to PS3ers. [/QUOTE]
Blah blah blah sales.

[QUOTE]it's actually a fact there is more PS3 gamers, unlike what 360 fanboys think[/QUOTE]
Pulling facts out your arse again. Take into note that there can be more that one user per system.

[QUOTE]I used to be one of them but I'm mature enough now[/QUOTE]
Still not mature enough. You also imply that PS3 users are more mature than 360 users.

[QUOTE]I bet they still think the 360 has better exclusives[/QUOTE]
It's personal opinion, not a fact as you're probably thinking.

[QUOTE]Sony beat Micro$oft, again. cool.gif [/QUOTE]
There is nothing more stupid than loving a company which doesn't even see you as people, just ATM machines. Sony or MS don't give you anything for buying there consoles, TV's or whatever. There is no need to be loyal to a brand.

EDIT
WTF have I done?

VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 16:01)
Blah blah blah sales.

I never said i care about them, i was replying to a 360 fanboy.
Pulling facts out your arse again. Take into note that there can be more that one user per system.

I posted links, the 360 has a higher failure rate and it's users have more console per person (i have links if you want) and still, the PS3 sold more like i proved with links, either reply with a counter argument backed up by facts (links) or shut up.
Still not mature enough. You also imply that PS3 users are more mature than 360 users.

Yes, it is true. I'm still a 360 user but i ain't a fanboy anymore, my favourite console's fanbase are more immature, i have to decided to accept that fact instead of denying it like i used to.
It's personal opinion, not a fact as you're probably thinking.

Yes i know, but i can't see how would anyone other than multiplayer drones prefer the 360's exclusives, i prefer the 360 for other reasons.
BTW, I never said i care about Sony, i only said "Sony beat Micro$oft, again" to annoy 360 fanboys because despite only owning a 360, i hate it's delusional, ignorant fanboys that still live in 2006 when thier console had "better exclusives" and "more games" with a passion.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

you missed a quote close tag luggage

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Triple Penetration @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 16:10)
my wish for these two to be never released so they dont hold back pc games anymore

More realistically, my wish is for Steam to bridge the gap between PC and console gaming. With the release of Big Picture, Steam has taken a step towards the console environment i.e. the living room tv and sofa. And with most PC releases supporting controllers these days, a dedicated gaming PC in the living room can assume the role of a glorified console.

But Valve may very well take this a step further in the coming years if they can get enough developers supporting Linux. This will allow them to ditch the Windows environment and offer a "Steam console", so to speak, running Ubuntu. If this all comes together nicely, then Steam could become a serious competitor to MS and Sony.

And I know people like to cry about piracy on the PC, but I think Steam has done a lot to combat piracy by offering a lot of value as opposed to abusive DRM measures. For example, Steam has achievements, leader boards, community hubs and mods and automatic updates and patches. Plus there are several Steam sales throughout the year. I think a lot of would be pirates have taken notice of this added value and ultimately become paying customers.

OT: Ideally, I'd like to see these consoles pushing games at 1080p at a minimum of 45 fps. Technically, 30 fps would be fine if they could develop GPU solutions to eliminate frame latencies: that's why tv shows and movies don't look like stuttering slide shows. In a movie, every single frame of 24 frames within each second is shown for exactly the same amount of time, 1/24 of a second. That's why you see smooth motion blur instead of a choppy slide show... at least until the vertical scrolling of the credits makes the low frame rate more obvious. In order for games to achieve the same smooth motion blur at 30 fps the GPU needs to be able to render each frame very close to 1/30 of a second. It's the outlying frames that take much longer (e.g. 1/10th of a second) to render that make the motion stutter and look choppy.

Next, these cheap bastards better not skimp on RAM because it's dirt cheap these days.

And enough with introducing arcane architectures that are an outright bitch for developers to grasp. Look how long it took for developers to finally get good performance out of Sony's Cell processor. Architectures need to be well documented and developer friendly to keep development time and costs down.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

One fact regarding many 2013 games are graphics that for the consoles like PS4 and next Xbox when released will make a real difference. There were quite a few stories about PS4 and Xbox mailed by my friends with a nice observation about the making of 2013 games and their development. The Developers tested the possiblities of enhancing gaming experience in PC with the major GPU sellers to push the limits of realism in vision and looks of the overall product. But, with the cost concerns and the massive requirements for any PC to touch the pinnacle of awesomeness just for graphics pushes the cost to really high so much that consoles clearly offer (if not better) but reasonably good performance for decent gaming experience. When PS4 and next gen Xbox news were released and the way both Sony and Microsoft introduced respective quotations to invite Developers involving them (say showing the same PC possibilities for their next big leap) in the R&D and also much rumored fact of them funding many big projects indirectly (Last of US, GTA 5 and MGS 5) hints that PS4 and Xbox both indeed provide the ultimate gaming console.
The fact (PC users) we don't want to believe or are under the impression that a cutting edge Console can never feature or may not do its best to overcome PC gaming is soon going to be a reality.

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Xbox 720
-backwards compatibility(play xbox and xbox 360 games)
-free multiplayer(They should stick to netflix bullcrap to gold, which you will play for it)
-good launch titles
-blue ray(they should support blue ray this time)
-multi disc
-better graphics(upgraded processor)
-better dashboard(tbh, new dashboard doesn't look like good and it's really like kids looking)
-custom soundtrack(Like GTA)

That's all i can think biggrin.gif . I'll post my ps4 wishlist later.

SickBoi
  • SickBoi

Formerly, KFranchise. THESE MODS CANT CONTROL ME

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

http://www.complex.c...coming-nov-2013

Another link: http://www.computera...ge=1#top_banner

It's supposed to have DirectX 11 and to be more powerful than any gaming PC ever.

xI Jakk Ix
  • xI Jakk Ix

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

More powerful than any gaming PC ever? Never have I seen such bullsh*t in an article. Is this going to have two GTX 690s and an i7 3960X or something? It will never be as powerful as a PC because 1. PC hardware is variable so you can't just say 'it's better' and 2. Consoles need to be cheap. Using hardware that will apparently make it more powerful than any PC will not make it cheap, in fact it would probably be more expensive, because it's pre-built.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

More powerful than any PC gaming rig ever? No.

I'm a PC gamer but I'm not of those elitist types, but that is boolsheet. Xbox will never have a more powerful rig because as soon as it releases the hardware on the PC will always progress to higher-end hardware. The only thing that it will encourage developers to do is to universally create games with much better graphics. Not to mention; DX11 has been on PC for 3 years already.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Alright i've merged all this into one topic.

Over the next 6 months or so there's possibly going to be a lot of news and articles about Sony and Microsoft's new consoles. So rather than have wishlists and discussions spread over several topics for each bit of news that gets posted i think it's best kept to one topic for the time being as things are easier to track.

Keep it civalised. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users