Official Xbox One Topic

5,137 replies to this topic
F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Your point isn't valid considering we already have advertisements on XBL. If it was just being introduced I may agree withyou. And I would only agree because we wouldn't know the severity of the ads although I'm sure it will be much like it is now. Like I said though, unless ads play during our game sessions I see no point to really give two sh*ts about it. I never even look at the ads for more than a split second if that.

My point is still quite valid actually. If I just shut up and take it, next gen there will probably be 30 second ads before a game starts, if they see us still bitching about the non invasive ads from last generation they might think twice. We have to bitch about everything, otherwise we just get overrun, or companies go too far, and eventually we stop buying and the company goes down,I don't like the stunts Microsoft tries to pull, but they need to stick around for competition reasons. You could twist that into saying my whining is helping Microsoft.

@Daz, Changing plugs is damn stupid, only thing behind that is money, I don't buy the higher bandwidth crap. They obviously want to push their adapters, just like the 360, adapters for everything, which is smart, it's loads more money for nothing, look at DLC IT'S PRETTY comparable., rechargeable battery packs sold separate

Surry for caps, my silly phone is fiddly.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

Member Title

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Do you guys really care if there is ads? Its not like its ruining the gaming experience if they appear on the dashboard. wow.gif

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Microsoft is still having a lot of exclusives to reveal ;

Link : http://www.oxm.co.uk...es-to-announce/

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Don Mattrick is leaving Microsoft for a position at Zynga, possibly as CEO. Personally I'm not surprised, after his "get an Xbox 360" comment they probably gave him the choice of leaving on his own or being fired.

xrCore
  • xrCore

'MURICA

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 15:32)

They should of shown Crackdown 3 at E3...

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:15)
Don Mattrick is leaving Microsoft for a position at Zynga, possibly as CEO. Personally I'm not surprised, after his "get an Xbox 360" comment they probably gave him the choice of leaving on his own or being fired.

It's as if Zynga guys said "hey, we're a douchebag company. We could use a douche like that!"

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:28)

It's as if Zynga guys said "hey, we're a douchebag company. We could use a douche like that!"

icon14.gif L happy.gif L

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 01 July 2013 - 07:00 PM.

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:28)

"F*** You: The highly anticipated follow-up to the fan favorite "Deal With It""

Bazynga lol.gif

user posted image

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Pat @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 04:15)

I dunno, he worked at EA for over 25 years,I don't think he was going to get fired for that as an executive.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 19:13)
QUOTE (Pat @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 04:15)

I dunno, he worked at EA for over 25 years,I don't think he was going to get fired for that as an executive.

You seem to have forgotten the case of Adam Orth.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (xrCore @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 17:26)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 15:32)

They should of shown Crackdown 3 at E3...

They shouldn't cause if they did then what will be the major thing they announce at Gamescom or PAX , and there is still games to be revealed at Tokyo Game Show coming exclusively for the Xbox One

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Pat @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 09:15)

At the end of the day, all the bad press they got, was on his head. He was the boss, he should know what the average consumer wants, and he seemed to just not give a f*ck. Even after they backtracked, he still acted like an arrogant prick and that their original DRM ridden plans for the X1 were the right move, and that backtracking all of that was because they "listened" to the consumers concerns.

f*ck him. Go rot in mobile/browser gaming hell.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 13:42)
@Daz, Changing plugs is damn stupid, only thing behind that is money, I don't buy the higher bandwidth crap. They obviously want to push their adapters, just like the 360, adapters for everything, which is smart, it's loads more money for nothing, look at DLC IT'S PRETTY comparable., rechargeable battery packs sold separate.

Totally.

That is all it is, and they can spin it however they like, it will always be the case. Just like their defense on how the kinect won't plug into PC's and there is an entirely separate kinect just for PC users. f*cking pisstake.

That is the only purpose of those connection ports, to protect their own property. You know, sure whatever do what you like. I am going to buy a controller and a headset anyway.

What DOES f*ck me off though, is that their controllers and mic's suck major bollocks and are worthless. If these devices actually worked I wouldnt care.

It seems to me they build them as cheap as possible, and who gives a sh*t if they break, more money for them.

It is just a c*nty way to go about things.

Surely if the controller for a console is a real issue wouldn't you want to release a console that allows you to use other branded controllers? At least then people can enjoy your console as well instead of avoiding it. Which was my number 1 reason for not buying a PS3. Only now I know there are some decent controllers for it. Too late at this point.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

"For the launch of Xbox One Japan is a Tier 2 country and not a Tier 1 country, so itll come with the second wave, that will be delayed a little bit [compared to North America]."

facedesk.gif

and so the PR trainwreck continues

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 22:34)
QUOTE (Pat @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 09:15)

At the end of the day, all the bad press they got, was on his head. He was the boss, he should know what the average consumer wants, and he seemed to just not give a f*ck. Even after they backtracked, he still acted like an arrogant prick and that their original DRM ridden plans for the X1 were the right move, and that backtracking all of that was because they "listened" to the consumers concerns.

f*ck him. Go rot in mobile/browser gaming hell.

I heard Don's departure was long in the works...before the initial unveil and all. I'm not defending Microsoft's bone headed stupidity of the launch of the XOne, but Don is the guy they brought in who turned around the 360, and that is why Zynga was courting him.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 22:29)
"For the launch of Xbox One Japan is a Tier 2 country and not a Tier 1 country, so itll come with the second wave, that will be delayed a little bit [compared to North America]."

facedesk.gif

Japan has been a notoriously unpopular country for Microsoft anyway, of course they are going to get the second wave, they a solid fans of Sony over there, Microsoft probably only cares about North America and parts of Europe, because that's the only place where the Xbox is more popular.

Japan 360 sales - 1.64 million.
Japan PS3 sales - 9.34 million. Source
As you can see, it's quite a disparity, releasing on the second wave kinda makes sense, perhaps they cannot physically manufacture enough so Japan is getting put on the back-burner, this actually makes sense. Despite Japan's Lackluster 360 sales, I don't really see Microsoft just deciding to be jerks to Japan, it's most likely a production issue.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Is the improvements to games really worth a new console ? What I mean is, the jump from ps2 to xbox 360 was huge. Ps2 to ps3 was even bigger. I'm just curious how big is the jump really going to be ? I cant see the games improving all that much.

It would rather they come out in 3 years. I think the 360 is still an amazing piece of technology I know they want to get the money from new console sales. I'm just saying if they waited the console's could be more expensive because their using better technology. It would of been a long wait for new console's the hype would be huge.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (im_stoned @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 14:50)
Is the improvements to games really worth a new console ? What I mean is, the jump from ps2 to xbox 360 was huge. Ps2 to ps3 was even bigger. I'm just curious how big is the jump really going to be ? I cant see the games improving all that much.

It would rather they come out in 3 years. I think the 360 is still an amazing piece of technology I know they want to get the money from new console sales. I'm just saying if they waited the console's could be more expensive because their using better technology. It would of been a long wait for new console's the hype would be huge.

Look at Watch Dogs PS4 and look at Red Dead Redemption or Max Payne 3 or Sleeping Dogs.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 08:23)
QUOTE (kudoboi @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 22:29)

facedesk.gif

Japan has been a notoriously unpopular country for Microsoft anyway, of course they are going to get the second wave, they a solid fans of Sony over there, Microsoft probably only cares about North America and parts of Europe, because that's the only place where the Xbox is more popular.

Japan 360 sales - 1.64 million.
Japan PS3 sales - 9.34 million. Source
As you can see, it's quite a disparity, releasing on the second wave kinda makes sense, perhaps they cannot physically manufacture enough so Japan is getting put on the back-burner, this actually makes sense. Despite Japan's Lackluster 360 sales, I don't really see Microsoft just deciding to be jerks to Japan, it's most likely a production issue.

Exactly.

Once again, people jumping to conclusions as if they know it all.

Microsoft has never sold well in Japan, so this shouldn't come as a shock.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (im_stoned @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 14:50)

With next gen we'll be able to have bigger multiplayer matches, games playing at true 1080p, and more diversity in games. If a GTA was made for next gen or PC, there would be the chance to have a more diverse traffic and pedestrians.
EDIT Oh and the power for real time soft-body physics (see sig)

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (iiConTr0v3rSYx @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 15:10)

I think the bullsh*t surrounding this console is more of the fact that despite good sales or bad sales in whatever country you are in. Even if you were the one person in that country that wanted to get an Xbox One. You can't even import the f*cking thing. Regardless of the fact they changed the online requirements, you still need to do the initial setup which correct me if I am wrong but you would need to have the Xbox One supported in your country in order to get online to Xbox Live and download the setup.

So I am not even sure even now if any country other than the ones officially stated will even be able to use an Xbox One, even just for offline play.

Xbox One has gone so far into the western world market now with all the tv sh*te they are pushing, Xbox 360 is pretty similar, no wonder none of it does any better. I am sure it is a f*ckton cheaper to get devices that are from Asia if you are within that area anyway.

Bad sales is one thing, but totally denying anyone the ability to use a product, especially one of this scale, just because of where you live, sucks. That I think is the point of it all.

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Microsoft embed AD into xbox1's menu:
http://www.gamespot....in-mind-6411083
If they want more money, they should have a service that gamers pay to remove the AD!

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 07:01)
QUOTE (iiConTr0v3rSYx @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 15:10)

I think the bullsh*t surrounding this console is more of the fact that despite good sales or bad sales in whatever country you are in. Even if you were the one person in that country that wanted to get an Xbox One. You can't even import the f*cking thing. Regardless of the fact they changed the online requirements, you still need to do the initial setup which correct me if I am wrong but you would need to have the Xbox One supported in your country in order to get online to Xbox Live and download the setup.

So I am not even sure even now if any country other than the ones officially stated will even be able to use an Xbox One, even just for offline play.

Xbox One has gone so far into the western world market now with all the tv sh*te they are pushing, Xbox 360 is pretty similar, no wonder none of it does any better. I am sure it is a f*ckton cheaper to get devices that are from Asia if you are within that area anyway.

Bad sales is one thing, but totally denying anyone the ability to use a product, especially one of this scale, just because of where you live, sucks. That I think is the point of it all.

Microsoft also confirmed that the Xbox One will be Region-Free meaning you can use the internet to update the Xbox One with the first day update

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (skyfamster @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 16:06)
If they want more money, they should have a service that gamers pay to remove the AD!

Gamers shouldn't have to pay more to get rid of ads. How come PSN a free service has no ads? While Live a $60 a year service makes you have ads? It's the greed of M$

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 22:57)

Gamers shouldn't have to pay more to get rid of ads. How come PSN a free service has no ads? While Live a $60 a year service makes you have ads? It's the greed of M$

PSN is now with money , 50 dollars a year

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 01:44)

That's PS4 PSN while we are talking about PS3 PSN and 360 Live.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 01:50)

Ok , I just wanted to inform you , if you're talking about the 360 , you should go to the official Xbox 360 topic

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 02:03)

Ok , I just wanted to inform you , if you're talking about the 360 , you should go to the official Xbox 360 topic

I understand that but I just didn't understand why 360 had advertisement on their service while PSN didn't. Most likely PSN will not have advertisement like Xbox One while Xbox One will be another whole annoying advertisement system.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 13:03)

Please shoosh, I believe we can talk about the xbox 360 in here as a point for comparison.
I thought it was funny how they are saying " Ads are oat of the experience" wtf? Haha

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users