Official Xbox One Topic

4,952 replies to this topic
DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 09:59)
Scarlett Johansson ... rawr..

I know right? As Black Widow she can kick my ass anytime.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 01:44)
I don't think I can justify buying any Microsoft product in the future as long as that sociopath on cocaine Steve Ballmer is there. I mean, look at the guy:

The fact that the guy is still not fired after all of the mistakes he's made in the past speaks volumes about the state of that company. He needs to go away.

What's wrong with a little coke here an there? notify.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

So after all it's possible to remove 1-per-day check, right M$? So journalists aren't noobs in hardware development now?

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 21:41)
Explain why you like Xbox more?

Why do you feel threatened when someone prefers XBOX 360 over your favourite console?

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 06:33)
QUOTE (twinkiller @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 21:27)
LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!!

JAWOHL!

user posted image

What? I don't know what you mean.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (twinkiller @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 00:48)
LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!!

JAWOHL!

user posted image

Brittany: A region in France or a dead movie star.

Britney: A has been pop starlet.

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 10:47)
QUOTE (twinkiller @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 00:48)
LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!!

JAWOHL!

user posted image

Brittany: A region in France or a dead movie star.

Britney: A has been pop starlet.

Oh ok lol tounge2.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

How is the nvidia shield NOT a handheld?

Do you even understand the concept of that?

Am I the only person that used to spend hours on end on the GameGear?

Not sure why this is Xbox One talk, but the Nvidia Shield is essentially a top of the line mobile phone attached to a controller. It runs any android app that has landscape support. That said, it does seem good but for being 350 retail or 300 as preorder (as just announced). You may as well buy a phone for that and most phones support blutooth controllers and there are some clamps you can get to achieve the required effect. But it is a nice all in one system.

Anyway with the price of the PS3 down to 139.99, I feel that even consoles like the Ouya, Gamestick and Mad Catz MOJO may fall short just by that massive price cut. For around 40 more you will have access to all current games and a bluray drive and free online access to use netflix etc. For the average random joe that doesnt own any consoles this seems like the likely choice rather than them picking up some new driveless console.

Xbox 180 has the same problem, only worse. I just don't think the average person will buy one knowing that the PS4 would be so easier to live with.

The only thing enticing me now (only since the DRM drop) is the HDMI imput. It would be awesome if you could plug in the hdmi from your PC, run the live streaming app on your xbox one so you could have someone else watch you play pc games, or even 360 or PS4 or whatever would be plugged into it.

That to me is something I would be interested in.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:34 AM Edited by YukiEiri, 26 June 2013 - 10:38 AM.

OneBox does not come with headset like PS4..
Because Kinetic 2.0 is enough, they say.

***** EDIT *****
More about the issue.

It also bears mentioning that the PlayStation 4 features a standard headset jack and the Xbox One's is proprietary, limiting the options available on Microsoft's console, though third-party headsets are already in the works.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:23 PM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 28 June 2013 - 02:45 AM.

QUOTE (GTAspotter @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 18:51)
I still won't buy an xbox one even after these changes. Microsoft sh*t the bed, just because they changed the sheets doesn't mean I want to sleep there.

Agreed. It's just an Xbox 360 with Kinect now... I already have an Xbox 360 and I don't want to use the f*cking Kinect. I still haven't seen a good feature about this console yet. It's a shame, because I was really looking forward to buying the next-gen Xbox.

Also, everyone, check this out. This pretty much wraps up my thoughts. This guy is giving the most honest analogy of the situation in a very humorous way.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

One step forward, two steps back. Not that this is going to surprise anyone. But at least now it's official. The damn thing was created with advertizements in mind.

http://sticktwiddler...tising-in-mind/

So it doesn't matter that you pay for the console, the games, internet connection and Xbox Live. They still want to shove ads down your throat. The Xbone isn't made for consumers. It's made for corporations. And this is just another evidence that proves it. It's also another reason not to buy the damn thing.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

The Xbox 360 is pretty bad with adverts on the dashboard. I've accidently scrolled over them before and have then been deafened because they're overly loud. With the Xbox One at least we'll get a new controller for our computers.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 03:33)
One step forward, two steps back. Not that this is going to surprise anyone. But at least now it's official. The damn thing was created with advertizements in mind.

So it doesn't matter that you pay for the console, the games, internet connection and Xbox Live. They still want to shove ads down your throat. The Xbone isn't made for consumers. It's made for corporations. And this is just another evidence that proves it. It's also another reason not to buy the damn thing.

Like ads are a problem.....

Stick the damn game in the disk tray and play it.

You people find the smallest things to complain about.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

There are already ads on Live. What's the problem?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 23:30)

It's a subscription based service, so there shouldn't be ads because your subs pay for the service.

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 19:30)

One shouldn't have to be afraid to scroll around on their startup screen in case they stumble upon an annoying ad. Existing on the Xbox 360 doesn't make it any more enjoyable.

I think the poll should be removed now. (unrelated)

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

I hate ads on the dashboard, f*ck off.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Mozambique

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 02:43)

There's one from LoveFilm that always makes an appearance and plays "It must be love" really f*cking loud when you hover over it.

on the 360 I mean.

There's always going to be ads, unfortunately.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (NathanT @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 21:45)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 02:43)

There's one from LoveFilm that always makes an appearance and plays "It must be love" really f*cking loud when you hover over it.

on the 360 I mean.

There's always going to be ads, unfortunately.

I wonder if sony will include them in the PS4 dashboard.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

So who's going to bet that there will be commercial breaks during playing? lol

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

Now you guys are b*tching about ads. God, you people just can't stop criticizing this thing. Get the f*ck over it. There's always going to be things that ya'll aren't happy about, for anything you use. You just have to ignore it. Jesus guys, just wait for the thing to come out before you hate on it. It might end up surprising a lot of you. icon14.gif

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 04:32)
Now you guys are b*tching about ads. God, you people just can't stop criticizing this thing. Get the f*ck over it. There's always going to be things that ya'll aren't happy about, for anything you use. You just have to ignore it. Jesus guys, just wait for the thing to come out before you hate on it. It might end up surprising a lot of you. icon14.gif

Well they need something to bitch about.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Sounds like whining to me. If you pay for cable television it has commercials/ads. And that is a lot more expensive than XBL. And the ads aren't forced upon you as much. I personally don't have cable since I rely on Netflix, Amazon etc. But still...it's a few ads. And if it remains the same as is now, they'll simply play on a select area of your dashboard. So yeah, not a big deal.

If they interupted your gameplay in order to show a commercial, then we would have a problem and something to bitch about. Until then, go to MS office with your picket signs. dozingoff.gif

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 06:20)
Sounds like whining to me. If you pay for cable television it has commercials/ads. And that is a lot more expensive than XBL. And the ads aren't forced upon you as much. I personally don't have cable since I rely on Netflix, Amazon etc. But still...it's a few ads. And if it remains the same as is now, they'll simply play on a select area of your dashboard. So yeah, not a big deal.

If they interupted your gameplay in order to show a commercial, then we would have a problem and something to bitch about. Until then, go to MS office with your picket signs. dozingoff.gif

This, so much. icon14.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 17:20)
Sounds like whining to me. If you pay for cable television it has commercials/ads. And that is a lot more expensive than XBL. And the ads aren't forced upon you as much. I personally don't have cable since I rely on Netflix, Amazon etc. But still...it's a few ads.  And if it remains the same as is now, they'll simply play on a select area of your dashboard. So yeah, not a big deal.

Hell f*cking yes I am whining, if I don't whine, then nobody gives a f*ck, and nothing changes, why the f*ck do you think Microsoft doubled back on all their DRM bullsh*t? Because we all cried like little bitches about it, that whining sh*t works a charm, works on parents, it works on huge companies too. If you whine to the right people, sh*t changes. Or perhaps just sit back, don't kick up a stink, and then have XBL prices triple, DRM is on all games and you can only own a game for 15 days at a time then you need to re-buy it to play it more, also Multiplayer costs extra on top of your triple XBL fee. I have no doubt not just M$, but every company on the planet will run over the top of us and be c*nts because they can. So sure you can quit whining and suck up all the sh*t they churn out, meanwhile I will wave a picket around bitching my little bitch ass off getting a better deal than you.

I hate how we have commercials stuffed into our faces everywhere and then Xbox had to raise the bar and put them on the dashboard as well, even after paying for XBL when PSN had a free service with no ads at all, I don't need a huge f*cking picture of that politician I f*cking hate glued onto the background of my Xbox during their stupid f*cking campaign of sh*t slinging, I mean this guy looks like a punchable real life dumbo, I would go so far as to say ads on the dashboard are the most annoying, ads on TV disappear after a few seconds, I have dumbo staring me down until I find a game to play, it would be like adverts on the desktop of my PC, If that ever happens, I might even consider Apple.
I Just wish Microsoft would go away and stop being the first to introduce bullsh*t with these consoles. I bet PSN will be following suit with their stupid dashboard adverts as well.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Looks like a big wall of whining to me. Don't get an Xbox One if you don't want ads. If they show up on PC, throw it out. Get rid of your streaming apps if they play ads. And then have fun watching DVDs or going out to the movies after the previews play or read a book. Who knows they may have more advertisement in those too soon. Then you can just stare a wall for enjoyment because advertisements are oh so bothersome it ruins any and all entertainment.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (iiConTr0v3rSYx @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 15:12)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 03:33)

Like ads are a problem.....

Stick the damn game in the disk tray and play it.

You people find the smallest things to complain about.

He's not specifically complaining about the adverts, he's pointing out that this is just another piece of evidence that proves the console wasn't designed with customers in mind, it was designed with customers wallets in mind.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 00:47)
Looks like a big wall of whining to me. Don't get an Xbox One if you don't want ads. If they show up on PC, throw it out. Get rid of your streaming apps if they play ads. And then have fun watching DVDs or going out to the movies after the previews play or read a book. Who knows they may have more advertisement in those too soon. Then you can just stare a wall for enjoyment because advertisements are oh so bothersome it ruins any and all entertainment.

It is a big wall of whining... mercie_blink.gif

Whoosh! Where's that gif about the point flying over your head?

I shouldn't have to stop using products as a consumer, the market should better tailor products towards me, this is achieved by whining.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by Jake, 30 June 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Your point isn't valid considering we already have advertisements on XBL. If it was just being introduced I may agree with you. And I would only agree because we wouldn't know the severity of the ads although I'm sure it will be much like it is now. Like I said though, unless ads play during our game sessions I see no point to really give two sh*ts about it. I never even look at the ads for more than a split second if that.

E: And about how annoying it may be when you hover over ads, don't hover over ads. I never do. It's not like they're difficult to avoid. Way too much whining about this IMO. I've never heard any of my buddies bitching about the ads on XBL. No one generally complains about ads unless it interupts something you're enjoying. Not a general "Man there's ads on here and if I hover over them they play. This really bothers me as a consumer." I mean come on people.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 01:43)

I love the beauty of this post.

I don't mind game related ads, or one small box saying that there are game offers on, or advertising some other game.

What I DO NOT want is a f*cking love film video playing 24/7 or a coors light ad that will never f*ck off and have no relevence to me whatsoever. This is on the main page, not even in the marketplace.

The fact they are even talking about "built for ads" even if they are supposedly helping you out, is bullsh*t. Not why I bought the console, not why I pay for it, and I can't even customize the dash to have it how I want.

Also: http://www.joystiq.c...ncompatibility/

So much for using your favorite 100 headset.

I don't give a sh*t what they say, the headphone/mic jack has been fine for decades.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users