Official Xbox One Topic

5,138 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:46 AM Edited by GunWrath, A week ago.

Welcome to the Official Xbox One Topic

tcR2rjq.png

This topic is created for members of GTAF to come and discuss new features, games, apps and the tech behind the Xbox One Home Entertainment System.

Here are some useful links to get you started or to get familiarized with the Xbox One.

Microsoft

The official home for the company behind Xbox and all it's glory.

Xbox One Home

Please use this link to see the One up close and personal. Including details, specs, functions and more.

Xbox One Support

Having issues with your Xbox One? Visit here to find any helpful solutions. You can also see if Xbox Live is down or having issues by visiting the page as well. Don't forget, you can always ask in the topic as well if you need help with anything.

Xbox One Accessories

Visit here if you wish to see some of the accessories available by Microsoft for your Xbox One.

Some facts based since Xbox One's release on Nov 22 2013. (These numbers are surely higher by now)

- Over 60 millions zombies have been killed in Dead Rising 3

- Over 3.6 million miles driven in Forza Motorsport 5

- Over 7.1 million combos used in Killer Instinct

- Over 8.5 million enemies defeated in Ryse: Son of Rome

Anyways, feel free to discuss the console, it's features, what you're excited about that's coming to Xbox One and most importantly, our exclusives and the upcoming games!

Keep the console war debates and comments out of this topic. Anyone that comes into this topic with intent on starting a console war will be reported and dealt with.

Enjoy.

• supanaut and DJ_DC99 like this

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Uh, what? You come in here suggesting the 720/PS4 could be higher spec than PC and then asks us for sources?

The new consoles most likely won't be anywhere near the power of current top-end PC's let alone ones in a couple of years. Sony and Microsoft know they can cut corners to make money and they will gladly do so in order to have as big profit as possible.
  • lol232 likes this

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

All of the upcoming game engines are being built around next-gen consoles so I wouldn't worry too much about the hardware.

It'll be interesting to see what Sony and Microsoft implement in their next consoles. I'm expecting some form of gaming headset (the patents are already there for them).

Some people are really against peripherals, but I wouldn't mind them. As long as they're not as gimicky as Kinect/Move. Saw this on reddit and thought it was related:

user posted image

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2012 - High Rollers

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

i agree with the no stupid gimmicks and i think the next gen console will be very powerful and expensive when it is first released. they are probably working on it now but it wont be released for years. they will probably get a decade out of this gen because they are good long lasting consoles. i also liked the video icon14.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

I'm afraid there won't be a big jump like from PS1 to PS2, or from PS2 to PS3. There's too many supposed leaks and rumors that suggest, that PS4/X720 will be nothing more than a "bigger, detailed" version of its precedessors. A little better visuals than current-gen high-spec PC games, some more capabilities in the world making, etc. There just won't be anything revolutionary. But oh well, what can we know now. Better wait for some official info in that matter. E3 2013, I guess...

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Sony has no intention of bringer out a new console anytime soon.

However, Microsoft has to..

As for the remark of:

"New Xbox 720 and PS4 suggests High-Spec Console improvements and could be considerably more high-spec than PC."

I'm not a huge PC gamer, but I know you will never out do a gaming PC.
As they are easily upgradable.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 11:15)
As for the remark of:

"New Xbox 720 and PS4 suggests High-Spec Console improvements and could be considerably more high-spec than PC."

So f*cking true.
Consoles will never out do a gaming PC lol.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 10:25)
I'm afraid there won't be a big jump like from PS1 to PS2, or from PS2 to PS3.

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 06:30)
Sony and Microsoft know they can cut corners to make money and they will gladly do so in order to have as big profit as possible.

http://www.computera...gnificant-leap/

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 11:44)

Sony and Microsoft know they can cut corners to make money and they will gladly do so in order to have as big profit as possible.

That sounds relieving. I hope visuals will kick the ass. Thanks for the info icon14.gif .

Wondering if Agent's turned into the next-gen title. That would be awesome.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 13:22)
QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 11:44)

That sounds relieving. I hope visuals will kick the ass. Thanks for the info icon14.gif .

Wondering if Agent's turned into the next-gen title. That would be awesome.

They are probably waiting until Microsoft will release their new XBox, so they have some months left for improving their console.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Just do people know, Microsoft will never be using Blu Ray on its consoles, sony owns the rights to Blu Ray, so that will never happen. This is why WiiU is using Nintendo Custom Made 25GB disks, because they cant use Blu Rays.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 15:36)
Just do people know, Microsoft will never be using Blu Ray on its consoles, sony owns the rights to Blu Ray, so that will never happen. This is why WiiU is using Nintendo Custom Made 25GB disks, because they cant use Blu Rays.

Sony doesn't outright own Blu-ray, they are one of the parties in a consortium.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Well, I heard that next-generations consoles are capable of 4K-resolutions but 1080p will be the standard and they can represent 8 billion particles. I think all this sounds promising, eh? Next-generations consoles... better graphics... better physics... even shorter and worse storylines... bad-made multiplayer, worse than it's right now... oh, wait, I talk about Activision and EA of course. tounge.gif Okay, seriously though I hope that the advantages of the next-gen consoles aren't only the ultra realistic graphics and physics. I hope that the storylines are better and I would like it if the replay-value will be better but I don't expect it. Rockstar Games will probably stay as one of the very few videogame developer that put effort into the games. I wonder what will happen with Call Of Duty even though I'm not interested in the series since the fifth sequel.

snoopliondawg9012
  • snoopliondawg9012

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Exxon @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 11:33)
QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 11:15)
As for the remark of:

So f*cking true.
Consoles will never out do a gaming PC lol.gif

Even though im a current X360er, i agree with this.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 15:51)
Well, I heard that next-generations consoles are capable of 4K-resolutions but 1080p will be the standard and they can represent 8 billion particles. I think all this sounds promising, eh? Next-generations consoles... better graphics... better physics... even shorter and worse storylines... bad-made multiplayer, worse than it's right now... oh, wait, I talk about Activision and EA of course. tounge.gif Okay, seriously though I hope that the advantages of the next-gen consoles aren't only the ultra realistic graphics and physics. I hope that the storylines are better and I would like it if the replay-value will be better but I don't expect it. Rockstar Games will probably stay as one of the very few videogame developer that put effort into the games. I wonder what will happen with Call Of Duty even though I'm not interested in the series since the fifth sequel.

I might sound like an idiot, but I have some theory: when the graphic capabilities of consoles are higher - the more developers are eager to create movie-like games, with ambitious stories and cinematic scenes. From generation to generation, games strike into as much realism as possible. Compare how many mature games were at the time of PS2/Xbox and how much of them are now (Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, more). The line between games and films is blurrer with every year. I think so...

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 07:30)

I think it's a balancing act they have to perform here. How do you keep a console, low cost and accessible to all gamers from casual to hardcore and build technology that's going to last 10 years? Not an easy task.

Xbox's are pretty much sold at a loss. Microsoft make their money back on Xbox Live and accessories.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:34 PM Edited by Seddo, 04 January 2013 - 04:42 PM.

just do what the title says but no fanboy wars.

Even though I am not a console gamer I want something for the 720.

Stick to the 360 controller! biggrin.gif

So let the wishes commence!

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Multiple DISC TRAYS!

Oh, and for the PS4, CUSTOM SOUND TRACKS IN GAME.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

No online pass bullsh*t.
No DLC.
No pay to play online.
No Move\Kinect\Touch bullsh*t.
Dual shock 4.
Allot of games at launch.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

I support DLC as long as it's not content purposely held back from the standard release only to be sold to us by greedy c*nts. Content locked on the disc to be sold at extra charge should be banned.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Backward compatibility for PS 1/2/3; for Xbox/X360.

For ALL games.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

I will stick with the Xbox I suspect, as long as I can play my 360 games on it anyway. I think that will be the case for most console people.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 04:36)
Multiple DISC TRAYS!

This is a bad suggestion, extra disc trays are useless wastesof space.

-I want proper multitasking, ie; Pausing the game you can minimize the window and start watching that movie you downloaded fromNetflix or whatever, or watch a tutorial on a YouTube application.

- ps4 will have enough ram this time for cross game chat.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

No online play, multiplayer or whatever you want to call it (Not going to happen, I know).

VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Micro$oft's Xbox 720 failing hard.
That's my only wish, I will buy a PS4 next gen, f*cking sick of Micro$oft and thier stupid pay-to-play services, f*ck them, greedy bastards. I don't even like Multiplayer but what if i wanted to try it every once in awhile? I have to pay of cource, why should i support them when everything they offer in exchange for money is free on the other, better console? I should've sticked with Sony this gen but oh well, I will in the next one, screw you Microsoft.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Xbox:
Keep the Xbox 360 Controller
Keep the Xbox Exclusive's
Blu-Ray
Cheaper Games

PS3:
Blu-Ray
Cheaper Games
More entertaining exclusives
New controller design (too small for me)

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

PS4:
Cheaper Games
Updated Bluray
Uncharted 4 & inFAMOUS 3 launch titles
Same controller
New I.Ps at launch
Free to play online
Free DLC

Xbox 720:
Nothing because I don't give a sh*t about it

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

My wish sounds rather given, but I do have some worries about it in the new consoles: discs. I've warmed up to the idea of digital distribution over time, but I don't think I'd be ready to jump entirely to it with the Xbox 720 or PS4. The increasing amount of downloadable games, and even download-only games, for existing consoles shows that it's a future we'll see soon. I'm 100% sure that at least one of the three consoles in the next generation (after the WiiU/PS4/720 are gone) will have no physical media, if not one of them this generation.

So yeah, I do hope for the ability to play games on discs. Until we get the ability to sell our downloads like PC gamers in Europe were granted by the courts, I don't think a solely digital gaming world is appealing. At least for consoles. If PSN and XBL had huge sales such as the Steam sales, it wouldn't be so bad.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 22:50)
My wish sounds rather given, but I do have some worries about it in the new consoles: discs. I've warmed up to the idea of digital distribution over time, but I don't think I'd be ready to jump entirely to it with the Xbox 720 or PS4. The increasing amount of downloadable games, and even download-only games, for existing consoles shows that it's a future we'll see soon. I'm 100% sure that at least one of the three consoles in the next generation (after the WiiU/PS4/720 are gone) will have no physical media, if not one of them this generation.

So yeah, I do hope for the ability to play games on discs. Until we get the ability to sell our downloads like PC gamers in Europe were granted by the courts, I don't think a solely digital gaming world is appealing. At least for consoles. If PSN and XBL had huge sales such as the Steam sales, it wouldn't be so bad.

Sony decided against download-only PS4 because of slow internet speeds:
http://www.eurogamer...t-speeds-report

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

No online pass for games, no pay to play online ( xbox live) and more multi tasking.

( ps4 specific)
general hardware upgrade, cheaper price
More reliable

Keep up with the amazing exclusive lineup, so many great games for the ps3, hope ps4 has the same number.

more games on release

(xbox specific)

More variety in terms of exclusive games, may not even bother with the next xbox if its the same old halo/geow with like 1 or 2 different games in-between.

free online play

STICK WITH 1 MAIN MENU, i hate having to learn they UI all over again and that crap.

Hope the kinect is not the main focus.

General improved hardware

Much more reliable on release

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users