Junction25

7 replies to this topic
Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hey guys, if I make a 2d map in Junction25, how do I actually play it in GTA1?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Sorry for double-posting, but I really need help on this, I've searched all over but no-one has said a thing about it, I understand it's old, but still someone here has to know.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

You save the CMP file and either replace one of the existing GTA1 CMP files or edit the mission.ini to point to your custom CMP file, either way it will replace one of the existing levels since GTA1 doesn't have support for extra levels.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Well, when I replace a existing GTA1 CMP file, it crashes the game. And the only map I can choose, is "Liberty City".

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:48 PM Edited by Sektor, 05 December 2012 - 11:01 PM.

Try using the simplest mission.ini. The original mission.ini would be trying to access locations, tracks and other things that don't exist on your map. There is a simple mission.ini included with junction25 or here: http://www.gouranga....j25/mission.ini

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Cool, but what program is there what I can use to edit it? I used notepad, but it didn't work.
Because if I just really copy and pasted it, saved the mission.ini (deleted all the stuff inside before that), then ran the game.

It'd work, although everything was go through, but that's fine. But then I changed it to my map, save, crashed the game, although I changed it back, but then it still crashed, any idea what happened?

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Notepad is fine or you can right click and save as mission.ini.

I've never made a GTA1 map but I'm sure many things can make it crash. There must still be some guides around somewhere or track down Ben Millard. You most likely need some restart zones.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

I’d highly recommend trying GTA2 modding instead! You can do a lot more and people still play it. 6-player online games ftw!

Sektor pretty much runs the GTA2 online scene. He made “GTA2 Game Hunter” which everyone uses when they want to play it online.

Lots of tutorials and source code to see how it's done. Active modding forums to search for details and ask new questions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users