» «
Photo

Breakable glass

4 replies to this topic
folypers
  • folypers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:41 PM Edited by folypers, 29 November 2012 - 11:44 PM.

Hi,

I'm working on a mod that features my hometown, Ghent. Recently I modeled this controversial building, which was built last year, right in the middle of the historic town center.

This is what it looks like in real life:

user posted image user posted image

A lot of people are against it, and I was wondering if I could give the building breakable glass. I have made a model that had all those little panes, but none of them shattered.

I can make glass panes crack, but can't make them break. I'm assuming that I will need to use Zmodeler to some extent, but I don't really comprehend the workflow.. Could it be somewhere along the lines of 3ds max -> Zmodeler -> 3dsmax -> OpenIV -> GTA? Because I have no idea how to place glass panes with such accuracy in Zmodeler. If someone could please take 3 minutes to give me a brief explanation.. Thanks in advance!

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Do you need glass to break like this? (5:19)

folypers
  • folypers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Exactly like it! Is it importing wdr into Zmod, and changing polygon state of glass to 136? Can't try right now cause of the GIMS bug.. :5

Huge thanks GTARandom!

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

What gims bug?

folypers
  • folypers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:15 PM Edited by folypers, 02 December 2012 - 12:23 PM.

QUOTE (stilldre)
QUOTE (folypers @ Saturday, Dec 1 2012, 01:20)
Since installing the update, I have a bug during materials conversion or wdr export, in which all of the materials are wiped and replaced by one. Reinstall?

Yep same here smile.gif

Doomer's looking into it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users