Quantcast

» «
Photo

What was your all time favourite GTA Protagonist?

49 replies to this topic

Poll: What was your all time favourite GTA Protagonist? (86 member(s) have cast votes)

What was your all time favourite GTA Protagonist?

1. Billy (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Linda (5 votes [0.81%])

Percentage of vote: 0.81%

3. Jonny Smith (2 votes [0.32%])

Percentage of vote: 0.32%

4. Carl Johnson (127 votes [20.52%])

Percentage of vote: 20.52%

5. Tommy Vetterci (227 votes [36.67%])

Percentage of vote: 36.67%

6. Tony Cipriani (38 votes [6.14%])

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

7. Niko Bellic (103 votes [16.64%])

Percentage of vote: 16.64%

8. Johnny Klebitz (8 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

9. Luis Fernando Lopez (8 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

10. Mallorie Bardas-Bellic (4 votes [0.65%])

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

11. Claude (97 votes [15.67%])

Percentage of vote: 15.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:07 AM Edited by X-Seti, 27 April 2014 - 11:13 AM.

Edit; I've combined both polls from other sources - These will reflect on the results.

Continuing thread from post http://www.gtaforums...c=505991&st=60#

QUOTE (MasterK) Of course, there would be shortcuts to each city (flights, or maybe bus rides), so it would make the gameplay more fluent.

Good idea and noted!

QUOTE (Universetwister) you really liked it? turn.gif

Yes I did but we need to account for the following.

I loved Vice City set in the 80's but I feel that the characters of old do not need a come back unless our newer protagonist Man, Woman or Beast crosses paths with the older GTA counterpart of Claude, Tommy or CJ.

I do not mind those characters being revisited 20/25 years later. Having dirty cops even doctors doing jobs for the Mob, but the one important thing to remember is the setting. the map.

We need some good names for Mob bosses?

The map is set for present day so the map changes had to happen because after all unless we have a Delorean we have no reason to account of the time era set for each merged map.

1. Vice in the 80's. I've been remodelling a newer modern Vice.

2. Liberty is 2000? well I've been updating this too. SA?? I am really not to sure about the time period.

What do you think?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

what if we see a tommy vercetti nearly-retired, teaching the protagonist all there is to know about drug dealing before he retires? tounge.gif

not sure about SA though, i was never too crazy about san andreas, as the map and story seemed "rushed"

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

The SA map was rushed thats why I want to put some time into that and model it better.

I haven't found anyone who likes SA, So I am going to place the cities in SA to match their geographic location. this would mean LC, Chicago and Vice would fits better.

I am going to release beta 69.9 and call it done then move onto the next stage of the project.

SOL from beta 70 will spin off into a new direction with everything being remodeled.

Arman Ossi Loko
  • Arman Ossi Loko

GTAV4EVER!!!

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Wasn't Claude also a GTA Protagonist?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

I left Claude out to see if anyone would notice.

I also stuck someone in the list who is not !

Ingram
  • Ingram

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:42 AM Edited by Ingram, 10 February 2013 - 02:59 AM.

QUOTE (X-SETI)
What do you think?

I think you shouldn't touch the map too much, unless there is a technical reason for doing that... Maybe you could release separately a modern add-on or something like that? And keeping the official release maps 'original'.
Also what worries me is SOL's Vice City version becoming a high resource-demanding modification, with all that hd stuff...

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by nkjellman, 17 February 2013 - 03:24 AM.

QUOTE (Ingram @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 01:42)
QUOTE (X-SETI)
What do you think?

I think you shouldn't touch the map too much, unless there is a technical reason for doing that... Maybe you could release separately a modern add-on or something like that? And keeping the official release maps 'original'.
Also what worries me is SOL's Vice City version becoming a high resource-demanding modification, with all that hd stuff...

I totally agree with you. Plus doing it in HD, that whole map, that has got to be A LOT of work.

But as far as the map goes:
I'd keep it original quality. Maybe apply detail overlays like on Vice City Mobile. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to do it on PC the way the Mobile version does it, and not by using Photoshop.

For the time frame. You should do two. One has the original maps. The other is current times.

As far as doing a modern map, I got some recommendations to make the map believable.
1. I wouldn't change the terrain. Terrain does not change that fast. The changes in terrain over 30 years is very very small.
2. Id add new buildings to the city. Ones that were under construction should be finished and ones that were are destroyed should be replaced.
3. I'd add buildings that were added to the real life city. For example the tower in Las Vegas. (Forget the name.)
4. I'd modernize interiors and billboards to match the time. (Like making electronics modern, Malibu more like a modern style club, bill boards advertising more modern things.
5. I'd add new interiors.

Edit: For the version with the original maps:
You could just make that version an add on. Have two versions of it. One with bridges, and one with out. That way you can be playing Vice City, and decide you want to go to LC or SA, you can. You keep going, and instead of hitting a map barrier, you keep going. If you go in the right direction, you reach the other maps. But for this, the maps would have to not be visible from each other, but to make finding the cities easier, you have a Cleo script that adds a icon on the radar for the other cities your not in. It would be basically an add on map for Vice City that puts LC and SA way out in the ocean.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

I would be happy to do 2 versions.

VC, LC, SA original maps and nothing more. but you have to remember that there are bugs that are clearly seen. That in this version I would leave be.

In the other version where I have VCS. LCS models plus beta map add ons, This is where I have tried to fix every known bug. (I call this the Rebooted map or the infusions version)

I wish there was 2 of me so things could be done a little faster and help me find better ways to get the models in game.

Look in the to do and information topics for more on this.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 19:53)
I would be happy to do 2 versions.

VC, LC, SA original maps and nothing more. but you have to remember that there are bugs that are clearly seen. That in this version I would leave be.

In the other version where I have VCS. LCS models plus beta map add ons, This is where I have tried to fix every known bug. (I call this the Rebooted map or the infusions version)

I wish there was 2 of me so things could be done a little faster and help me find better ways to get the models in game.

A few details I'm wondering about for the non altered version.

1. Can the normal map version just be an add on for the original Vice City?
Just map, paths, and radar.
It would be like playing the normal VC, but concept wise you can leave and go to another city. (Despite the date of the other maps.)

2. How will traveling work between the maps?
To keep the concept of playing the original VC + the freedom of visiting the other places, will the maps be far enough away from each other so you can't see them? In GTA III you can't see VC or SA from LC, GTA VC, you can't see LC and SA from VC, and in GTA SA, you can't see LC and VC from SA.

3. Will the Chicago based city be in the non altered version?
If so, keep it far away from the other cities to keep the concept. I'd also lay out the cities so they kinda fit their geographical locations. LC is north east of VC. The Chicago based city (I guess Carcer City) is north west of VC, and SA is west of VC. Far enough appart so you can't see each map from the other, but not too far otherwise it will be annoying.

4. What about bridges?
I'd say these be an option, along with other islands between the cities. In the GTA universe, Earth is made up of about 9/10th water, not 2/3 like RL. I'd say, no bridges or add on islands unless they are far from the GTA cities. But I do think that Carcer City should be there too.

But if there is no bridges and LC, VC, SA, and Carcer City are far appart, I would recommend a script to go along with this (that is cleo if its an add on for original VC). It would basically be a travel guide lol. Some of these listings would be good for all versions of SOL.
-When your not in a city, it has an icon in its general direction. But when you enter the city limits, the icon disappears. Once you leave a city, and are in the ocean, all the icons for the city appear.
-Travel markers at airports for passenger planes. When you walk into them, it brings up a menu so you can buy a plane ticket, and "fly" (aka Fast Travel) to the city you choose. Ether LC, VC, CC, LS, SF, or LV. (Like in GTA United and GTA SA.)
-Travel markers at airports for cargo planes. Basicly the same as the last one but located more in the airport runway area, and is for transporting you and your vehicle to the cities, that way you can get your car everywhere with out bridges. (Like in GTA United.)

What do you think?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

I like the ideas for the non sol add ons.

I can not do SCM very well so for the non sol add ons I'd need someone to create the plane scripts.

LC, VC and SA can be placed anywhere, all I'd need to do is change the paths, water etc

The only problem is the radar since there is no editor.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 01:12)
I like the ideas for the non sol add ons.

I can not do SCM very well so for the non sol add ons I'd need someone to create the plane scripts.

LC, VC and SA can be placed anywhere, all I'd need to do is change the paths, water etc

The only problem is the radar since there is no editor.

Doesn't SOL have radar past the boundaries?

Also the code for traveling would need to be done with CLEO. Otherwise save games from VC won't work.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Yes the radar was done past the boundaries (1296 radar tiles) by Regex.

Since the split from SOL-0 the tool that edited the tiles was lost.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 01:47)
Yes the radar was done past the boundaries (1296 radar tiles) by Regex.

Since the split from SOL-0 the tool that edited the tiles was lost.

I guess radar would be one of the last things then.

I bet people know their way around LC and SA by now. They may need it in Carcer City though.

Avskygod0
  • Avskygod0

Snitch

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

CJ should be protagonist

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Best protagonist - Niko. Worst protagonist ever - Claude.

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

My favourite is Claude Speed and always will be.

• RazorRain likes this

KoolKid98189
  • KoolKid98189

I'm a helicopter

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Continuing thread from post http://www.gtaforums...c=505991&st=60#

QUOTE (MasterK) Of course, there would be shortcuts to each city (flights, or maybe bus rides), so it would make the gameplay more fluent.
Good idea and noted!

QUOTE (Universetwister) you really liked it? turn.gif
Yes I did but we need to account for the following.

I loved Vice City set in the 80's but I feel that the characters of old do not need a come back unless our newer protagonist Man, Woman or Beast crosses paths with the older GTA counterpart of Claude, Tommy or CJ.

I do not mind those characters being revisited 20/25 years later. Having dirty cops even doctors doing jobs for the Mob, but the one important thing to remember is the setting. the map.

We need some good names for Mob bosses?

The map is set for present day so the map changes had to happen because after all unless we have a Delorean we have no reason to account of the time era set for each merged map.

1. Vice in the 80's. I've been remodelling a newer modern Vice.

2. Liberty is 2000? well I've been updating this too. SA?? I am really not to sure about the time period.

What do you think?

SA is 1992

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Looking at the poll on here it's clear we are keeping Tommy Vetterci, So this dictates the direction of the game play and SCM writing.

I guess we will be recreating Tommy Vetterci 30 years older. Setting the game period around 2010. I guess we need a younger co-protagonist because I plan to kill Tommy over half way into the missions?

Sounds like a horrible idea doesn't it.

Depending on who we might have worked with I would of had a different outcome.

LT_vVheris
  • LT_vVheris

Artist

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

Vercetti, DeSanta and Phillips

Tadzik
  • Tadzik

Street Cat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

Looking at the poll on here it's clear we are keeping Tommy Vetterci, So this dictates the direction of the game play and SCM writing.

I guess we will be recreating Tommy Vetterci 30 years older. Setting the game period around 2010. I guess we need a younger co-protagonist because I plan to kill Tommy over half way into the missions?

Sounds like a horrible idea doesn't it.

Depending on who we might have worked with I would of had a different outcome.

I don't think that 60 years old Tommy is a good idea :p

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

I'd choose Claude, because:
-time (if 2010 no need to change him too much);
-he can't speak (so it's simplified to make dialogs for missions)
Just my opinion.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

Claude is dead! :D

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

claude was in his 20s in gta SA... by the time GTA 3 was happening (2001) he would be early 30s...

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

Tommy in his 60's could work well.

Depends on how we want the cut scenes to work?

We could start off with Tommy from the past where the original story ended. We get the extra mission (flashback style) leading to the current day 2010 with Tommy selling the mansion as the game intro. I am starting to think that Tommy is still the kingpin losing his ground and wealth to newer cartels from Liberty City, Other cities from the SA map.

The newer protagonist could be his son?. I need ideas people.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 19:53) I would be happy to do 2 versions.

A few details I'm wondering about for the non altered version.

1. Can the normal map version just be an add on for the original Vice City?
Just map, paths, and radar.
It would be like playing the normal VC, but concept wise you can leave and go to another city. (Despite the date of the other maps.)

I am updating all the models in the game to reflect a single time line -2010.

2. How will traveling work between the maps?
To keep the concept of playing the original VC + the freedom of visiting the other places, will the maps be far enough away from each other so you can't see them? In GTA III you can't see VC or SA from LC, GTA VC, you can't see LC and SA from VC, and in GTA SA, you can't see LC and VC from SA.

The VC engine can only do so much. the bigger the map the more resources / demand on the CPU.

VC handles the water tables badly as water can be generated across the map even when it's out of the players line of sight.

Also the seabed models in conjunction with the water tables (waterpro.dat) adds the extra load. 

I have to also consider the SA version and the engine limits there also 6000x6000, 12000x12000 and 24000x24000 and so on.

3. Will the Chicago based city be in the non altered version?
If so, keep it far away from the other cities to keep the concept. I'd also lay out the cities so they kinda fit their geographical locations. LC is north east of VC. The Chicago based city (I guess Carcer City) is north west of VC, and SA is west of VC. Far enough appart so you can't see each map from the other, but not too far otherwise it will be annoying.

4. What about bridges?
I'd say these be an option, along with other islands between the cities. In the GTA universe, Earth is made up of about 9/10th water, not 2/3 like RL. I'd say, no bridges or add on islands unless they are far from the GTA cities. But I do think that Carcer City should be there too.

But if there is no bridges and LC, VC, SA, and Carcer City are far appart, I would recommend a script to go along with this (that is cleo if its an add on for original VC). It would basically be a travel guide lol. Some of these listings would be good for all versions of SOL.
-When your not in a city, it has an icon in its general direction. But when you enter the city limits, the icon disappears. Once you leave a city, and are in the ocean, all the icons for the city appear.
-Travel markers at airports for passenger planes. When you walk into them, it brings up a menu so you can buy a plane ticket, and "fly" (aka Fast Travel) to the city you choose. Ether LC, VC, CC, LS, SF, or LV. (Like in GTA United and GTA SA.)
-Travel markers at airports for cargo planes. Basicly the same as the last one but located more in the airport runway area, and is for transporting you and your vehicle to the cities, that way you can get your car everywhere with out bridges. (Like in GTA United.)

What do you think?

I will be moving the islands a bit more from each other however some will have land as it's stupid to have very long bridges.

You have given a lot of ideas on here and I have input from others - right now it's a conflict of interest to how people would like the map and I guess I need to find a happy medium - You can't please everyone so right now I am going with what we have.

Modelling and replacing models is all I am doing right now.

• AdusPL likes this

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

So no chance for Claude? :p

(sorry, I'm very big GTA 3 fan...)

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

Not sure, if I want to launch off from how things ended with Vice City, I do not know a way to include Claude as neither these two characters crossed paths.

• AdusPL likes this

Tadzik
  • Tadzik

Street Cat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

Not sure, if I want to launch off from how things ended with Vice City, I do not know a way to include Claude as neither these two characters crossed paths.

Ask BEGINit, he made Frosted Winter and Shine'o'Vice mods, he's good in this things :p He just needs people who can model peds and change maps alittle :p

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

Model Peds is what I am after.

If you want to help me m8,

Write to him for me. I need someone who can also direct traffic on here and reply to posts, Are you up to that?

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

claude was in his 20s in gta SA... by the time GTA 3 was happening (2001) he would be early 30s...

I have my own theories about him... :p

• X-Seti likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users