McGeorgian
  • McGeorgian

•~•The Wolf •~•

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

[Application]
Platform: PS3
Platform ID: McGeorgian
Can you make the time provided, and stay the duration: Yes.
Do you have Ballad of Gay Tony and Original IV: Yes.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Trial proved a lot of these ideas work better 'on paper' than in practice, I'm using ps3 browser at the moment, otherwise I'd go into more detail

Hippybojangles
  • Hippybojangles

Got something to say?

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Crrrumpets @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 17:00)
Aye, it is. Haven't been on here in a while.

Sweet, swap to Xbox we can have so many laughs, so many banter super fun time!

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2012 - High Rollers

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

I feel the run through went ok and everyone that turned up did great. Hopefully see everyone next weekend for the main event.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:27 PM Edited by gamesguru, 10 December 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Well, if there are any improvements and tweaks that could be made, let me know. I believe there was one game in the previous two events that were rather lackluster. Considering there are a number of you participating in the PS3 portion of the event that have previous experience at hosting, if you feel the need to change any of the game modes for something more "familiar", on the night, then feel free to do so. The Xmas Bash can be as flexible as you want it to be, but this year I want to make sure we attempt to incorporate teams to the best of our ability.

Which raises the question, and this goes for both platforms; would you rather two or three teams? Games such as Capture the Whip may work better with two (the road north of Middle Park could provide a great bottle-neck), whereas Death Rally and Metallic Blast Ball would work better with three (depending on the numbers). If we or the PS3 guys switch up for a game in particular, then we shouldn't keep score. I'm personally sticking with three, assuming that a wealthy amount of people participate (with the help of reserves).

You raised a fair point about vehicle spawns in Capture the Whip aj; if vehicles despawn at any point in time, then the defending team must bring a car to their station in place of it/them. Bringing a vehicle into your station during the preparation period, as specified, was a rule I put in place just to avoid the issue of not having any cars spawn in your station to begin with. Whether or not a player will need to stay in a car, will have to be seen; but if that is an issue, it's something hosts can quickly inform teams of via a message or the in-game phone (although this may be a bit more difficult for you PS3 players). Capture the Whip is the one game I can see creating possible problems, due to the nature the game and the varying amount of stipulations. Hopefully it doesn't become that "one game" for this year's event.

SRB
  • SRB

Riding the highway to nowhere.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Not exactly sure yet, but my BoGT disk might be to beat to play so I may not be able to attend. I'll check it and update later if it works or not.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Thanks Guru for reading my concerns, glad they made sense. Personally I think Capture the Whip sounds the most fun, hopefully the car spawning won't be an issue.

Here's a few issues that came from the trial last night.
  • Metallic Blast Ball
    I liked the idea behind this, and so decided to give it a try in the trial, hosted it through Team Death Match as suggested, with weapons on Explosive. But a lot of troubles were encountered such as, whether to have more bombers than drivers etc....anyways we collectively decided to do it in multiple teams of two ! So in the trial it was 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2. 30 minutes later, whilst everyone seemed to be f*cking about biggrin.gif we started....it lasted less than 10 seconds, the bombers (Dr Mayhem notably) blew everyone up - grenade launchers, instant explosion !)....hilarious but seemed a bit iffy to me. confused.gif

Suggested Change

Either play it on TLaD (according to Mr Reaper launcher doesn't explode on impact), or limit explosive weapons, to the explosive sniper only!.
    Play it in the more traditional dukes arena.
  • Death Rally
    Again reading, I thought this sounded good, but during the trial more problems popped up, first the stretch between the police station and gas station seemed too short, the point keeping seemed difficult to track of, and if the small lap of between police station > gas station was kept, too much camping was happening at either end, and not in the middle. One driver per a team, the rest 'breakers with guns'?

Suggested Change

Play it on a larger lap, or play it through GTA Race on IV.
    Good other place would be 'West Algonquin' on highway, and multi-storey car park (two lane options). The section I'm referring to is featured on a bike race in TLaD (the one that you jump over the disused rail track over the pay spray - another decent site for skeet shooting too!)

We tried the home coming convoy later too, but not many others joined.

Somebody else can give the hosting a try next weekend.

All participants read about the events, I suggest we only play with people who know how each mode works, and play it with two large teams and keep these the same throughout!

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:05 PM Edited by gamesguru, 10 December 2012 - 09:13 PM.

Thanks for letting me know. The most disconcerting issue pertaining to using TLaD however, is the fact that some people have the disc version, whereas others have the DLC, and neither are cross compatible. There's also the possibility that some participants don't have it all. Switching the weapons may be a good course of action, but I believe any other weapon would decimate cars just as easy as the launcher did. Perhaps using grenades on Original IV is a possible alternative (weapons such as the RPG are too powerful, whereas weapons such as the sniper are too dull). Then again, it could be down to the luck on how well the racers do; so perhaps some rounds will last longer than others? I thought the distance between the overpass and the field, as well as the stairs and the field was far enough to add some sort of chance for the racers (when testing it).

As far as how the teams are separated is concerned, I planned on it being one-two racers, and the rest would be shooters (with teams separated into two or three), but perhaps switching the numbers in favour of the racers could lengthen the game (which will be multiple rounds). I should add that there should be a head-start for the racers, just so that they can get some initial momentum and spacing.

In regards to Death Rally, I added some further details to it a few days ago, and it's suggested that the length can be stretched down to the far north (the hill leading near into the bridge connecting to Bohan), and perhaps even the column to the south. As far as camping is concerned, hopefully participants are co-operative enough to spread out when asked. After all, it will be for their own benefit. I might try and get online within the next few days to test these two games further, so hopefully the AoD will help out, seeing as King was the only member who helped me prior (as having bigger numbers will be a better indication on how the actual game will fare). GTA Race was already considered, but it hinders the amount of freedom you have in regards to the weapons we can use for the game, the launcher specifically, and depending on the track (I can't remember specific tracks at this point), health packs would either be non-existent or too easy to obtain, which would remove some of the thrill and pressure for the racers.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Thanks for letting me know. The most disconcerting issue pertaining to using TLaD however, is the fact that some people have the disc version, whereas others have the DLC, and neither are cross compatible.

yeah i see the points you made aj are good. and guru maybe on xbox but on ps3 tlad is compatable as DLC or Disc because it was released at the same time.

the reason why they are not compatible on xbox is because they have a completely different map where as the ps3 version shares maps because on tlad on ps3 you can do the bike glitch to get in the night clubs and all of the other interiors from gay tony.

also on TLAD the grenade launcher is non explosive on impact on cars so for that reason i would say it would be best. and i am pretty sure all of the attendants have all 3.

As far as how the teams are separated is concerned, I planned on it being one-two racers, and the rest would be shooters (with teams separated into two or three), but perhaps switching the numbers in favour of the racers could lengthen the game (which will be multiple rounds). I should add that there should be a head-start for the racers, just so that they can get some initial momentum and spacing.

we had 2 teams and a racer from each team going up and down and the guys from the other team were shooting them as they went passed and it seemed to work well smile.gif i thought that was good fun icon14.gif me and the other racer drew with 3 points each because we made it the same distance and then got killed lol.gif

like i said it was great fun and hopefully we have a good turnout this weekend icon14.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:16 AM Edited by gamesguru, 11 December 2012 - 02:21 AM.

I was actually referring to Metallic Blast Ball when I was talking about the number of players. As for the compatibility issue, it actually crossed my mind that it could possibly only be an issue on Xbox 360 when I was typing out my previous post, for the reason(s) you stated, of which I'm aware (the differences in the map being the root cause), I just really never gave it enough thought (that the DLC and disc being released simultaneously on the PS3 would avoid this). Lucky for you guys on the PS3 then, if you all have TLaD (which is more than likely), you have the option to use non-explosive launchers. I'm so jealous. angry.gif

Personally, I'm looking forward to Death Rally the most, so hopefully it lives up to expectations.

Crrrumpets
  • Crrrumpets

Señor 'G'

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Hippybojangles @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 23:33)
QUOTE (Crrrumpets @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 17:00)
Aye, it is. Haven't been on here in a while.

Sweet, swap to Xbox we can have so many laughs, so many banter super fun time!

I'm seriously considering it, I've got an Xbox it's just a case of purchasing live membership and games

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:30 PM Edited by gamesguru, 12 December 2012 - 10:43 PM.

A few tweaks have been made to two of the games, to ensure their success. In Metallic Blast Ball, shooters will now only be situated at the northern overpass, and nowhere else, giving drivers a better chance at survival. It is also suggest that teams have two-three drivers each.

In Capture the Whip, people can now shoot the "Whip" during a chase, but if a defender destroys their own vehicle, they will be deducted a point until it is replaced with a sedan of some sort, whereas if an attacking team destroys the "Whip" they will loose a point until the defending team replaces it. The mode will take place on Algonquin, and there are 7 stations to choose from, but I have suggested three under details as well. Explosives are not allowed, and each team will start with two police vehicles at each station; any remaining vehicles need to be destroyed if and when they spawn. Additional vehicles are not to be added during play (only replacements). Again, apologies for the complexity of this mode, but it could be interesting if we're all on the right wavelength.

I've also noted that in the possible outcome of a draw, the drawing teams will receive the same amount of points each.

I must note that I will not hesitate to kick and remove any participants from the event if they cause issues, continue to disobey instructions and/or bring their gang conflict into the event. This is meant to be a fun and co-operative event that everyone can enjoy, so please don't create any unnecessary problems, as only you will suffer the consequences. I'm sure that also applies to the PS3 portion of the event, and those helping to host will not tolerate any trouble-making.

Hippybojangles
  • Hippybojangles

Got something to say?

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

I can't go anymore:( I am f*cking pissed I really wanted to play this aswell! bored.gif

Kinko XXV
  • Kinko XXV

Perpetual scapegoat.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Same as Dylan, I can't attend. I suppose this gives some new players a chance to enjoy the Xmas Bash alien.gif

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Unfortunately I can't attend, if this changes I'll let you know ASAP.

SRB
  • SRB

Riding the highway to nowhere.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

If I do go, I'll only be able to be there for maybe the first half. I'm busy the rest of the day. Maybe just let somebody else take my place and enjoy the ride this time.

McGeorgian
  • McGeorgian

•~•The Wolf •~•

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Hello all, I'm afraid my McGeorgian PSN account has been suspended. However, I am still online using my other account. This account name is Mr_Slick_Guy. Hopefully I'll be able to attend this event still?

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (McGeorgian @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 02:25)
Hello all, I'm afraid my McGeorgian PSN account has been suspended. However, I am still online using my other account. This account name is Mr_Slick_Guy. Hopefully I'll be able to attend this event still?

is this related to playstation home?

also thanks for the message guru i will definitely be there and if anyone wants to add me to get into the event then it is vicecity_69. aj will hopefully be hosting it and i will be helping him run it. icon14.gif i hope to see a good turnout on Saturday playstation guys smile.gif

MERCYOVTHEDEVIL
  • MERCYOVTHEDEVIL

Makaveli Trained

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Is this on IV or TBOGT? Just confirming..

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Both Original and Ballad.

MERCYOVTHEDEVIL
  • MERCYOVTHEDEVIL

Makaveli Trained

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 19:18)
Both Original and Ballad.

Why can't we just do it on one? Both would take time switching disks and such.. I say we do it on the original..

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

The modes and ideas behind them, rely to an extent on the content only available in Episodes. If you read the details, you would of realised this.

I'm sure swapping and changing discs will be kept to a minimum too.

MERCYOVTHEDEVIL
  • MERCYOVTHEDEVIL

Makaveli Trained

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 19:28)
The modes and ideas behind them, rely to an extent on the content only available in Episodes. If you read the details, you would of realised this.

I'm sure swapping and changing discs will be kept to a minimum too.

I skimmed through the description, but I see the weapons (grenade launchers, etc) are going to be utilized in matches.. Nevermind the older post..

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Looks like I can't make it guys, sorry guru.
Have fun in the event though!

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

who ever is hosting i will be doing it on my MMD account so add MMD-stueycow

T00 N0RMAL 4 U
  • T00 N0RMAL 4 U

It's the menopause again, that never happened

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ugh. Can't make it guys. Something popped up on the 15th, and I wasn't able to rent EFLC. Maybe next year.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (MMD-stueycow @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 08:06)

make sure you have me or aj added icon14.gif

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (nic_23 @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 22:27)

Everyone add Nic, my friend list is full for Gang Wars, and I'll probably be late for this event tomorrow (should be available for 5.30 onwards!)

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (nic_23 @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 22:27)

i think i have you and aj will have 2 check

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Wednesday, Dec 12 2012, 16:30)
I must note that I will not hesitate to kick and remove any participants from the event if they cause issues, continue to disobey instructions and/or bring their gang conflict into the event. This is meant to be a fun and co-operative event that everyone can enjoy, so please don't create any unnecessary problems, as only you will suffer the consequences. I'm sure that also applies to the PS3 portion of the event, and those helping to host will not tolerate any trouble-making.

This should be added to the 1st page.

Just so you know D i'm still good to go and i'm 100% confirmed for the entire event biggrin.gif I'll follow you to hell and back, and then to hell again! devil.gif LET'S RAGE! cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users