IPL Question

4 replies to this topic
donuteater
  • donuteater

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

GTASA...
I was (trying) to use MEd yesterday to delete some trees from countryw.ipl.
I clicked on countryw.ipl and noticed there were WAY more entries than when viewing
countryw.ipl in text format. So, where are those ipl entries stored? They seem to
reference maps/generic/vegepart.ide, but not sure where the ipl for such data is
stored...

BTW-Was able to delete some trees and the game didn't crash using MEd, i'd
just prefer to do such things using the text files (if possible).

Thanks for the help (links to tutorials appreciated).

Celestail
  • Celestail

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

First render the scene you want to edit so for example Countryw (this is the west country area hence "W" at the end) now open the IPL tab in MEd and select countryw (the one you rendered) delete the objects you don't want and then select "Save" in the IPL tab, DONE

The IPL files for the game are found in
Rockstargames > GTA San Andreas > Data > Maps Unless you already know that smile.gif

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (donuteater @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 18:13)
GTASA...
I was (trying) to use MEd yesterday to delete some trees from countryw.ipl.
I clicked on countryw.ipl and noticed there were WAY more entries than when viewing
countryw.ipl in text format. So, where are those ipl entries stored? They seem to
reference maps/generic/vegepart.ide, but not sure where the ipl for such data is
stored...

BTW-Was able to delete some trees and the game didn't crash using MEd, i'd
just prefer to do such things using the text files (if possible).

Thanks for the help (links to tutorials appreciated).

the most part of item placements are inside of "stream" ipl files inside of gta3.img as well inside of gta_int.img
they're connected to the ipl files of map folder
for example:
data\maps\LAe2.ipl
LAe2_stream0.ipl
LAe2_stream1.ipl
LAe2_stream2.ipl

the stream ipl's are binary files
mapeditor can modify these files
to modify the files manual needs to use Binary-(De)Compiler

donuteater
  • donuteater

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

I was thinking it might be the streaming IPLz. After looking at the data/map IPLs, i pretty much
concluded that there was NO WAY all those objects were listed in the text IPLs, just wasn't too
sure where that data was.

MEd is pretty cool for deleting stuff and finding out its name (so I can delete it from the archive),
plus the search makes it nifty. Not sure about how much actual map making I can do with it
other than that as my skillset is a bit lo in that area. Wish it were simpiler like making a Sim City
or something...

THANKS for the help!

donuteater
  • donuteater

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Might also add that deNull's Game Archive Viewer shows binary ipls in the preview pane for anyone interested.

About the only difference between the binary and the text version is that (at least in the INST sections), dff
model names are NOT listed, but are listed as item## (at least in the countryw_stream ones I was looking at).
Too bad all of these ipl entries aren't in the text versions (with proper model names).

Probably stick with MEd for my "OPERATION LORAX" mod though, though it's good to know what files to backup
before editing....thx again....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users