Photo

Mount Chiliad

45 replies to this topic
un94
  • un94

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hey guys. I was wondering if R* is choosing a whole new area to put Mt. Chiliad in or keep the old area/sorroundings as in GTA San Andreas.

I personally think this is Mt. Chiliad:

user posted image

Why?

- It's MASSIVE! Chiliad has to be the biggest mountain in the game in my opinion. And the area shown in trailer #1 is gigantic! Just look at the picture. If there would be a car/person or something like that on the mountain, you wouldn't see it from the distance. It's enormous!

- The mountain seems to be near a forest. In GTA:SA the mountain also was covered with trees and near the forest places. I think it could be the same place as in GTA:SA, just without San Fierro behind it.

HOPEFULLY there is some sort of a ramp on the top like in SA. It would be extremely fun to race/fall down this mountain.

I don't think that the mountain in the Salton Sea area pictures is Mt. Chiliad. It is too small and I don't think R* chooses a completely different mountain layout/style for Chiliad.

What do you guys think? smile.gif

NML
  • NML

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

I also think there are more mountains than chiliad and that chiliad is the largest mountain. This mountain looks much larger than the mountain in this screen user posted image

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (NML @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 20:06)
I also think there are more mountains than chiliad and that chiliad is the largest mountain. This mountain looks much larger than the mountain in this screen [IMG]

/thread

It's basically confirmed that this is the Chiliad. As stated in previews it's next to the Alamo Sea as seen in the picture as well.

NML
  • NML

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 19:08)
QUOTE (NML @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 20:06)
I also think there are more mountains than chiliad and that chiliad is the largest mountain. This mountain looks much larger than the mountain in this screen [IMG]

/thread

It's basically confirmed that this is the Chiliad. As stated in previews it's next to the Alamo Sea as seen in the picture as well.

I think you misunderstood me, I meant the OP is probablt chiliad. Where has it been confirmed that it's chiliad next to the alamo sea?

brd92
  • brd92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

has anyone had the idea that these may be photos from either side of the mountain? cool.gif
just an idea i had .

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

"Huge Map"

With that stated, why can't you all realize that we'll probably get a mini mountain range full of huge mountains?

un94
  • un94

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Is it really confirmed? The mountain in NMLs screen looks 1000 times smaller than mine.

The shot in trailer #1 seems to be far away from the mountain, so you can imagine it will be incredible huge.

If it is one of the mountains next to the alamo sea shown in the pictures, it would be way smaller. So perhaps Chiliad is not the biggest mountain in the game?

I just hope Chiliad will be the mountain in my picture. Same sorrounding areas as in SA. That would be cool and fits better to Chiliad in my opinion.

NML
  • NML

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (brd92 @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 19:12)
has anyone had the idea that these may be photos from either side of the mountain? cool.gif
just an idea i had .

Of course i have tought about it, but the mountain in the original trailer looks huge and the mt next to the sea don't look as big as the other one.
EDIT: Altough they might be the same mountain, and just looks bigger thanks to the camera angle?

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

It's not confirmed. I don't think we've seen Mt. Chilliad yet. (Partly wishful thinking)

blowdro420
  • blowdro420

The F*ckin Metal

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

i think the mountain picture in trailer 1 is just a barrier, or wall, that we cannot pass. just my opinion. the second mountain isnt as high and looks more approachable.

NML
  • NML

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (blowdro420 @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 19:25)
i think the mountain picture in trailer 1 is just a barrier, or wall, that we cannot pass. just my opinion. the second mountain isnt as high and looks more approachable.

I don't think rockstar would do this, they haven't done that since GTA III. And for me it would kill the illusion of a open world.
And it's confirmed that chiliad is fully explorable, why would they tell this and show us a picture of a huge mountain that is just a wall

World Champion
  • World Champion

Time Traveller from 2063

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Is it just me, or is the English in this thread really poor?

I remember reading somewhere a while back, that there are multiple mountain ranges, and one of the peaks is named Chilliad Peak, as a nod to GTA III. The same article named the highest peak as Mt.Slippery.

Nobody will know until the game is released, just another reason to be more than pumped for it's release.

un94
  • un94

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

lolz. I am from Germany and my English is not that bad. Wanna read some text from you in German language. Sure you can do better. mad.gif icon13.gif

The article you're talking about was a fake leak. R* themselves confirmed that there will be a Mount Chiliad. Or it was in Game Informer, can't remember.

Doing some English exercises now...

NML
  • NML

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (World Champion @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 19:39)

I remember reading somewhere a while back, that there are multiple mountain ranges, and one of the peaks is named Chilliad Peak, as a nod to GTA III. The same article named the highest peak as Mt.Slippery.

Nobody will know until the game is released, just another reason to be more than pumped for it's release.

I remember reading something like that aswell, but i think it was a fake?
and everyone doesn't speak english on a daily basis

Eagle-Eye
  • Eagle-Eye

☸ Sniper ☸

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (World Champion @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 19:39)

Suddenly GTAForums becomes English Class.

jeebus craist, your layum

World Champion
  • World Champion

Time Traveller from 2063

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (un94 @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 19:47)
lolz. I am from Germany and my English is not that bad. Wanna read some text from you in German language. Sure you can do better. mad.gif icon13.gif

The article you're talking about was a fake leak. R* themselves confirmed that there will be a Mount Chiliad. Or it was in Game Informer, can't remember.

Sorry, I'm not having a personal dig.

I can't remember where I read it either, but I do remember it mentioned surfing (which appears to be in) and being able drive from snow to deserts.

It stands to reason, that they might name one of the peaks after Chilliad, like they've kept Vinewood and Jefferson.

Afro Brother
  • Afro Brother

Are you hungry ?

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (NML @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 19:06)
I also think there are more mountains than chiliad and that chiliad is the largest mountain. This mountain looks much larger than the mountain in this screen user posted image

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this is the Mt. Chiliad.

Beee
  • Beee

Beee

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (un94 @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 20:14)
Is it really confirmed? The mountain in NMLs screen looks 1000 times smaller than mine.

(....)

guess its all about the picture angle and distance.. I think that if you look at NMLs screen, compared to the size of the car to the left the mountain looks huge, also because of the distance, your picture is taked from closeup (also its an artwork) and the angle looks up on the mountain where NMLs screen is taken from a taller perspective looking directly at the center of the mountain.. smile.gif

ohh and also the mountain behind the front mountain seems a lot bigger if you look how far it goes up in the top right smile.gif

un94
  • un94

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:07 PM Edited by un94, 25 November 2012 - 08:09 PM.

QUOTE (World Champion @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 19:59)
QUOTE (un94 @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 19:47)
lolz. I am from Germany and my English is not that bad. Wanna read some text from you in German language. Sure you can do better.  mad.gif   icon13.gif

Sorry, I'm not having a personal dig.

I can't remember where I read it either, but I do remember it mentioned surfing (which appears to be in) and being able drive from snow to deserts.

It stands to reason, that they might name one of the peaks after Chilliad, like they've kept Vinewood and Jefferson.

No prob. wink.gif GI or R* (like I said, can't remember) confirmed that there will be Mount Chiliad. As standalone, not part of a mountain range.

@Afro Brother: In my opinion this mountain (if you look closely you'll see that there are TWO mountains) is way too small, smaller than the one in the first trailer. Chiliad could be the biggest mountain, like in SA. So I think the picture in my start post shows Chiliad.

@Bee: Yeah, you're right. BUT I still think the mountain in my post is massive and WAY bigger than all other mountains shown in the pictures. It is even further in the distance than the mountain in NMLs post.
Just look at the top, everything seems to be extremely far away. It's f*ckin gigantic!

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (un94 @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 13:02)
Hey guys. I was wondering if R* is choosing a whole new area to put Mt. Chiliad in or keep the old area/sorroundings as in GTA San Andreas.

No San Fierro, so obviously its in a new place.

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

i think its chilliad

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (un94 @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 21:02)
user posted image

I don't know why, but to me this picture looks more and more like some kind of border from the map, that you won't be able to pass.

un94
  • un94

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. But I don't think R* would tease us with a scene like that and won't let us pass this mountain. It looks immense, I really hope we can reach it and get a great view from the top. I'm sure we'll be allowed to do that.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Trund @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 14:22)
user posted image

I don't know why, but to me this picture looks more and more like some kind of border from the map, that you won't be able to pass.

what would a fighter jet do, just stop in mid air due to an invisible wall?

mobe
  • mobe

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Mt Chiliad won't be revealed until much closer to the release date if the marketing of San Andreas is anything to go by. I've got a funny feeling rock climbing is going to be featured in the game. I think the guy rappelling down the side of the building is actually showing an ability you've be able to have off mission. There was rock climbing tech in RDR. I suspect we'll see it again but with a much bigger application in GTAV. Mt Chiliad will be a much more dramatic looking mountain than what's show in that screen grab.

Squidhead
  • Squidhead

Got the Vibe

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

This is Mt Chilliad.

user posted image

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Squidhead @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 22:21)
This is Mt Chilliad.

Why? confused.gif

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (killahmatic @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 21:42)
QUOTE (Trund @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 14:22)
user posted image

what would a fighter jet do, just stop in mid air due to an invisible wall?

I remember in the GI article, something along the lines of this got said

"They were showing us around the game then they pointed at some huge mountain in the distance and said it's not a decal, you can actually go up there"

GTAV92
  • GTAV92

Gamemaster

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Squidhead @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 22:21)
This is Mt Chilliad.

user posted image

Yes this is more likely to be Mount Chilliad, They said that it's fully explorable and this picture says that, dirt paths and a train tunnel icon14.gif

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Anyone else think it's going to be chaos like the liberty city lady? People all you going to it in free roam Just murdering eachother haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users