We all know that Rockstar North do not future-proof their games. GTA is known to have some graphical issues when played on newer PCs - one of these are bugged road reflections. For some reason, they don't show while it's raining anymore, unless you use an ancient/AGP video card. This modification sorts out this issue in GTA III, GTA VC and GTA SA, and also adds a new feature - if you really wish you could see these reflections forever after years of not having them, you can force them to show all the time via an external INI configuration file.
There's one thing worth noticing yet - it's most likely the first ever ASI plugin, which supports Steam San Andreas Executable!
In GTA III/GTA VC case:
- You just need to paste reffix.asi and reffix.ini in game root folder. You can use the INI file to configure some mod properties.
- As SA doesn't load ASI files by default, you need an ASI loader. In case you don't have one (if you use any ASI plugin such as CLEO, you can skip this step), you can download a decent loader here:
If you use Steam EXE, you're even forced to download this loader, as it's the only one supporting this Executable version
After ASI loader is installed and working, place reffix.asi and reffix.ini in game root folder. If you use my loader (linked above), you can alternatively put these files in scripts folder. You can use the INI file to configure some mod properties.
GTA III (reflections forced to work all the time)
GTA Liberty City
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories PC Edition
- GTA III 1.0 (all versions)
- GTA III 1.1 (all versions, including Steam version)
- GTA VC 1.0 (all versions)
- GTA VC 1.1 (all versions, including Steam version)
- GTA SA 1.0 (all versions)
- GTA SA 1.01 (all versions)
- GTA SA 2.0 (all versions)
- GTA SA 3.0 (Steam)
Edited by SilentPL, 27 July 2013 - 07:08 PM.