CP/EP/FP/MP LS Police car

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic
LeonTheKiller
  • LeonTheKiller

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

I can totally confirm that the FP/EP/DP LS police car is MUCH harder to obtain on the PS2 version compared to PC or Xbox. What "7 day survivor" said was correct. For some reason you have a higher chance of getting the Greenwood "Destroyed" on time when you shoot the greenwood when the cops are shooting the greenwood as well. Good luck to the PS2 users in that this vehicle is truly a monster for that version :)

That method never worked for me. Shooting the Greenwood has no effect whatsoever. I managed to get it using the pause/unpause trick, but then again some people say that the pause trick doesn't work for them........this LSPD Cruiser is pure insanity, one of the hardest vehicles to obtain in this game.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:20 PM

Now that you have join us we can at last rule the galaxy... er... and by galaxy I mean the GTA universe LOLOLOLOL

Welcome to the forums!

• MetalMilitia89 and jam8tone like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

We can move mountains.

• fnxrak likes this

jam8tone
  • jam8tone

Special Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

I can totally confirm that the FP/EP/DP LS police car is MUCH harder to obtain on the PS2 version compared to PC or Xbox. What "7 day survivor" said was correct. For some reason you have a higher chance of getting the Greenwood "Destroyed" on time when you shoot the greenwood when the cops are shooting the greenwood as well. Good luck to the PS2 users in that this vehicle is truly a monster for that version :)

That method never worked for me. Shooting the Greenwood has no effect whatsoever. I managed to get it using the pause/unpause trick, but then again some people say that the pause trick doesn't work for them........this LSPD Cruiser is pure insanity, one of the hardest vehicles to obtain in this game.

Yeah you might be right about it being false but the weird thing is that I got the Greenwood to explode like two times within 10 tries whilst doing the "shooting". Obviously that hasn't happened since so I guess I had a major luck streak. Yeah this vehicle is probably the hardest one for PS2. Even the Andromada was pretty easy to get in comparison :)

• fnxrak and MetalMilitia89 like this

jam8tone
  • jam8tone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

Now that you have join us we can at last rule the galaxy... er... and by galaxy I mean the GTA universe LOLOLOLOL

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks man! Means a lot! :)

• fnxrak and MetalMilitia89 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:21 PM Edited by Militia, 12 February 2015 - 10:22 PM.

When I started my SA Special Vehicle Quest a couple months back, I had this damn Police Car on my list, but 80 tries later with no luck, I said f*ck it.  I tried for 3 days.  No more time wasting, lol...

Other than this Police Car, I can't get the AP Greenwood and AP Fire Truck, either.  Luckily, I still have a Save at 99.47% with only needing to pass End of the Line for 100%, and also re-get the AP/EC Feltzer, AP Greenwood, and AP Fire Truck.  So I can still at least try for the AP Greenwood and AP Fire Truck...

• jam8tone and DragonpokeZ like this

jam8tone
  • jam8tone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:36 PM

Right guys I just got the minigun to help speed up the process even more. I'm officially starting to record my number of attempts for this beast! All the best of luck to you and me lol :)

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

Minigun for the Greenwood?  I've seen a Youtube video of a guy obtaining the Unique/BP/FP SWAT Tank AND AP Greenwood at the same time.  f*cker shot the blown up Greenwood down the street in like 2 seconds.  Double Sawn-Off Shotgun goes so slow.  Not to mention the constant peds attacking you.  I just hate that wretched Greenwood.  I should of just got the BP/FP one from House Party.

jam8tone
  • jam8tone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:46 PM

Minigun for the Greenwood?  I've seen a Youtube video of a guy obtaining the Unique/BP/FP SWAT Tank AND AP Greenwood at the same time.  f*cker shot the blown up Greenwood down the street in like 2 seconds.  Double Sawn-Off Shotgun goes so slow.  Not to mention the constant peds attacking you.  I just hate that wretched Greenwood.  I should of just got the BP/FP one from House Party.

I was meaning for destroying the "Police Maverick" that you have to take out just before the cop chase in Reuniting the Families for the FP/EP/DP Police. Saves about 20 seconds each attempt which is nice :)

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

Speaking of Reuniting the Families, I know you usually make in your Special Vehicle Guides "AP Sanchez 1 of 2" and "AP Sanchez 2 of 2."  You should do the same for the AP HPV-1000 from Reuniting the Families and Small Town Bank.  There is two obtainable ones in the game! :p

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:49 AM Edited by OG Viking, 13 February 2015 - 01:54 AM.

Sorry i was in a hurry so i typed the wrong copter. I meant DP Police Maverick. The one on the roof when CJ and Sweet escapes. It behaves strange, especially when shot with a Minigun. More testing needed on that one..

Yes I've collected vehicles since the first release :) but it was until recently i've seen the AP Bravura, i'll try the sawnoff shotgun method , combined with minigun, if neccesary :). Regarding the Sentinel I have had better success lately with the Minigun (used MP4 earlier but it didnt work properly). But i'll try the drive-by, havent thought about that :)

Besides, theres also one AP Maverick in Misapropriation

The PolMav that chase CJ and Sweet on the hotel roof is DP?? It should be possible to obtain it. If I had knew about this I would maybe not have needed to airjack a regular PolMav.

It's funny how the AP Bravura flies off when you hit it with dual sawn-offs. :D Minigun is not required. I use to take the route over the freeway overpass because there is no gang activity. If you are Hitman with sawn-offs, you can shoot the car over the rail and make it drop down on the other side of the freeway. I once took the route right across the freeway, and it resulted in CHAOS. It was difficult to see which wreck was my Bravura lol.

For the AP cars under Mulholland Intersection, Minigun makes it easy but drive-by (or rather "park-by" LOL) using an MP5 works too because it eliminates reloading.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:12 AM

I could never get the AP Sentinel in The Green Sabre using the Drive-By Method.  I could only run the Ballas over except 1, get out of my Bravura, and shoot the sh*t out of it and the second it gave black smoke, I got in and quickly drove away.

No the Police Maverick is not DP.  However, the one at the end of the mission, that cuts the police officer up is AP, but unobtainable...There is still quite a few unobtainable Special Vehicles...

Yeah, I used to be afraid of the shooting-back-to-a-garage Special Vehicles (AP Bravura, AP FCR-900, AP/EC Newsvan, and AP Greenwood) and used to only have the AP/EC Newsvan.  But in my current Save with 45 Special Vehicles, I got them all, but the Greenwood, unfortunately :/

• OG Viking likes this

VY C M
  • VY C M

Snitch

• Members
  • Kenya

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:50 PM Edited by 7 day survivor, 28 October 2015 - 10:36 PM.

Deleted Post

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:55 PM Edited by Militia, 13 February 2015 - 04:55 PM.

On PS2, I heard that even if you destroy the Greenwood in time, but when it happens RIGHT before the HPV-1000 Cutscene, the DP/EP/FP/MP Police Car will disappear, regardless if you destroyed the Greenwood in time AND keeping the camera on the Police Car...

_Douglas_ got it on PS2, but the way he did it, didn't work for me.  PS2 is doomed not only for SA, but also LCS, the best 2 GTA's for Special Vehicles, lol...

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Any tips?  I am yet again stuck on this Vehicle.  I finally got close to getting it, but it disappeared.  Guess I didn't keep the camera on it very good or something when running down the hill.  Or bad draw distance.  I am not sure, but I didn't get it.

I've again tried around 25 times in 2 days now and won't do it again until either tonight a bit or next Tuesday.  So Douglas or anyone else, how to get this on PS2 and get Greenwood destroyed early before going up the hills?

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:39 AM Edited by OG Viking, 27 November 2015 - 02:21 AM.

I don't have any good ideas, but in lack of good ideas I would try everything. I guess CJ can't trigger a car bomb when he's not driving, but if it worked it would be easy to destroy the car at the right time.

EDIT - moved from another thread:

Woah...I destroyed the Greenwood right after going up the FIRST hill, but when I ran down the street, they disappeared.  Nothing was there.  I believe Douglas said the same thing when he got it.  He had to destroy it before going up any of the 2 hills.  That's how I get it on Mobile, too.

So you can destroy the Greenwood TOO EARLY after passing that cop car?
It sounds as if a script is run to delete it? Strange.

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Tough Guy

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:20 AM

No, it's just that the car won't stay in memory for too long

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:23 AM

Is the car deleted when you look at it?
Militia knows that the camera must be aimed at the car, so I should think he did it.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:31 AM

So you can destroy the Greenwood TOO EARLY after passing that cop car?

Nah, man.  Right when you pass the Police Car in the alley way, you should be destroying the Greenwood at the end of that road BEFORE making the turn to go up the hills or RIGHT at the turn.  I blew the Greenwood up right at the turn going up the first of two hills.  There is no such thing as TOO EARLY.  If that was the case, I would of had it.  If anything, on PS2, it's always TOO LATE.  That is the problem.  It just vanishes the farther you get away from it on PS2...

Is the car deleted when you look at it?
Militia knows that the camera must be aimed at the car, so I should think he did it.

No, if you look at it, it WON'T disappear.  Or at least it's not supposed to.  On PC, a lot of people get the Greenwood destroyed when going up the hills in East Los Santos.  But they are able to run down BOTH hills and the Police Car is still there.  I only had to run down ONE hill and even then it wasn't there.  I needed 2-3 seconds earlier to actually get this yesterday...

Tbh, I may have not had the camera on it the entire time when I was running on foot with CJ.  Either I f*cked it up big time by not doing that, or it wouldn't of been there regardless.  Douglas said even with keeping the camera on it when you go up those 1 or 2 hills, it will disappear on PS2.  So I believe I just needed to destroy it 2-3 seconds earlier and I would of had it...

• OG Viking likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:34 PM Edited by Militia, 02 December 2015 - 09:20 PM.

Finally got to around to attempting this again.  I have to say, it SEEMS what Krawk has said in the beginning about directing the fire at the TRUNK ONLY works well to destroy the Greenwood early.  I've done it twice more.  However, my problem now is keeping the Police in sight so it doesn't despawn.  I've ran down the hill and this time for SURE keeping the camera on the area of the Police Car but everything despawned.  Again, like last time, I only went up the ONE hill, so I was pretty close to them.  Bad draw distance?  Idk.  But it seems like on PS2, you can NOT blow the Greenwood up on those hills.  It has to be done before going up the hills.  I am not sure if it can be done...

I am so close, yet so far away still...

EDIT: Wow...Same sh*t...I keep getting the Police Car destroyed every 10 attempts or so it would seem without a problem, but when I go on foot to it, it's NEVER there.  It's like you can't even get it on PS2...Idk what I am doing wrong.  It just is gone once you turn the corner...

EDIT 2: Yeah, f*ck this.  I am moving on.  I tried for 5 hours today and in 5 hours, only destroyed the Greenwood 3 times before the cutscene and all 3 times I ran to the Police Car and it vanishes.  It can't be obtained on PS2, basically.  I won't stay on this Vehicle much longer.  Tomorrow morning, still no luck, moving onto the Bravura and Sentinel...

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:37 AM

I wonder if there is a way to manipulate PS2 draw distance? In the options before a disc is loaded (press triangle), there are some driver settings. The settings are for disc speed and texture mapping, I don't think it's likely that it has any bearing on draw distance, but who knows? Also, could changing aspect ration affect this? It should be easier for the GPU to display 4:3 than 16:9, but draw distance is probably the same all the time.

Douglas got the vehicle so I think that the draw distance is only a little bit too short.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

Douglas got it, yes, but he said the same thing I am saying:

If you go up any hills after turning the corner the alleyway the Police Car will come out of on the road, you won't see it.  It's just not there anymore.  The ONLY way to get this then would be to destroy the Greenwood in the time you can do it on PC and Mobile, way earlier than where I was destroying it by about 4-6 seconds.  But doing that requires some type of Glitch............Pause/Unpause.  This just isn't existing on PS2 like it is on PC and Mobile.

It's a big mystery.  He may have it, but I don't get how and it's not like he posts anymore.  He's been on the Forum for years but only made like 100 Posts or so in that time frame so I already know he doesn't like talking to anyone, just lurking.

7 day survivor also got it.  He changed his name on the Forum now and is back, but I guess won't be in any of these Topics anytime soon.

So yeah, the only 2 people I know who have it on PS2 - One doesn't talk and the other hates us all.  So what does that mean?  I am sh*t outta luck and endlessly have to watch PC Version of obtaining it.  Oh yeah, it doesn't work that method.  So yeah, it's not gonna happen.

I am already in San Fierro and moved on.  It's a stupid Vehicle that I will not ever even acknowledge anymore on PS2.  Reuniting the Families = PASS and SKIP Police every time on PS2.  I won't even think of this Vehicle as something to get on PS2.  I've had enough nonsense.  Same outcome 100% of the time.

Too all the PC Users.  How bout you try NOT using the Pause Glitch and see how long it takes to get it.  You'll at LEAST take 20 tries to get it if not more.  It does not work unless Pause/Unpause is used.

• OG Viking likes this

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Tough Guy

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:54 AM Edited by DragonpokeZ, 07 December 2015 - 04:31 AM.

Actually it could work on PC w/o Pause/Unpause due to improved draw distance... I know about mindlessly repeating the same task over and over again hoping that your desired result will come up at some point , because I used to play Competitive Pokemon and getting perfect critters is hard as hell sometimes.. That's where the 'Poke' in DragonpokeZ comes from... Anyways all I gotta say is to try and find the method somewhere else. Lurk all over the Internet for that method that Douglas and 7DS used.

I'll be checking the Russian topic - What I found:

• 'Inverted' LS Police - End of the Line (Sweet) (cutscene only)
  • Open hood Police in LS and SF Impounds
  • LS Police number TH3_P1G5 - Home Invasion (Rider) (Number plate I think)
  • Police Maverick invulnerable to the fuel tank, health = 2000 - Reuniting the Families (Sweet) (Closed gas tank)
  • Police Maverick invulnerable to the fuel tank - Reuniting the Families (Sweet) (Closed gas tank)
  • Lots of LS Copcars with closed gas tank and modified health - Reuniting The Families
  • Few LS Copcars with modified health - End Of The line
  • Model cut from the game: cspolicesa and cscopcarsf
  • Unobtainable Copcar from the intro game cutscene
  • Unobtainable FP/EP PolMav (disappears after any mission failure)
  • Unobtainable EP/FP/CP/MP LS Police (this car) - Reason:  to protect only video?
  • Unobtainable EP LS Police - Reason: can't get out of the Greenwood (guess they don't know about the method to destroy the Greenwood)
  • Unobtainable FI PolMav - Reason: see above, except this time the Greenwood can't be destroyed at that stage of the mission
  • Unobtainable FP/EP LS Police - Reason: see EP Police
  • Unrelated to Police cars: there's a few EC boats from Boat School, including a Dinghy, a Coastguard and 2 Vortexes
  • Supposedly your opponents' Sanchez are FI during Dirt Ring and your Sanchez is CP (They're still unobtainable) (found above the item above, and also Dirt Ring is listed as Yay Courier?)
  • Another list with the CGT Police from Reuniting The Families
  • An 'SP' (shatter-proof - shatterproof windshield?) SF Copcar from Test Drive (Cesar)
  • The 'special' copcars from End Of The Line, and...
  • Confirming that the PolMav from Reuniting The Families is unobtainable, since the garages don't save it and it vanishes if not looked at continiously

That's everything with the word 'police' in the Russian website: http://www.gta.ru/fo..._ch_8_x-674550/

Translated version: https://translate.go..._ch_8_x-674550/

• OG Viking and MetalMilitia89 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:37 AM Edited by Militia, 07 December 2015 - 11:38 AM.

I am wondering about the Physical PS3 Version (Mobile Port) or the PS4 Version with 1080p and such if the Police can be obtained with Pause Glitch.  The Pause Menu for the new Physical PS3 Version of SA released a couple days ago is the exact Mobile Port and has the same Pause Menu and such.  It probably works on the new PS3 Version.  I was thinking of buying it just cuz.  It's cheap as f*ck anyways.  However, the ultimate thing I should do is just connect my iPhone 6 to my HDTV and play the Mobile Version on my Phone through my TV in 1080p and with a Wireless PS3 Controller.  Then I could go for a big Collection myself on Mobile and then I could seal the deal and finally obtain the Police on a MEGA Save...

Thanks for the info and the Russians surely know about the Pause/Unpause Glitch as some of them made a Video to get the Police Car using the Glitch.

All I see on the entire web is PC related talk about this Vehicle.  Nobody talks about it while owning a PS2...

What I meant in my past message is that using Pause/Unpause guarantees you the Police Car on Mobile and PC.  Without it, it can happen as well since better draw distance and such, now take both of those away (PS2) and try and get it.  Not many people will get it and the only 2 people I know who got it don't talk, so yeah...

• OG Viking and DragonpokeZ like this

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Tough Guy

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:07 AM

Good luck on your Mobile quest, although if you can do it with a controller and a big TV screen instead of with your fingers while the screen gets slippery and the phone gets hot then you probably don't need much luck anyways. Also I was playing SA with Joypad settings the other day and on-rail shootings are a nightmare... I died two times during Just Business and three during Reuniting The Families

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:22 PM

Thanks man, but it won't happen for a little bit still.  I am currently 39.04% through the PS2 Save with 61 Special Vehicles and only have 28 out of 61 so far.  Almost half with percentage and almost half with all Special Vehicles obtained so far.  In a couple months I will look into doing it on Mobile with a Controller and on my TV.

Yeah, I won't need luck if I have a Controller.  I mean, it's easy enough with Touch Screens to get to 100% and do what you need, but getting some of the Special Vehicles using Touch Screens I would imagine blows ass and that is why if I had a Controller, I could do a Save just like on PS2, but on Mobile.  I am able to do III and VC for Mobile the SAME way I do them on PS2 as those are easy, but when it comes to SA and Mobile for Special Vehicles, I don't like it so much and would love a Controller.  I will try it out eventually.  I hope I can do it without jailbreaking the phone or whatever...If all else fails, I will just do my normal Side Save after PS2 is done and just get the Police Car, AP/EC2 Picador and EP/FP Vehicles.

I agree, some ways of playing make it so hard.  The Rail Shooters on Mobile are also f*cking impossible and I hate them so much haha...

Anyways, we should go back on Topic as this is the Police Topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users