Photo

CP/EP/FP/MP LS Police car

54 replies to this topic
Anthonyjames
  • Anthonyjames

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:47 PM Edited by Anthonyjames, 26 September 2014 - 09:42 PM.

Hi everyone.

My first post and first off, I would like to tell that I just acquired this police vehicle using the 'pause glitch' on my second try, also doing this on the Xbox version 2005.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:15 PM

What the hell is MP?!?

Anthonyjames
  • Anthonyjames

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:43 PM

What the hell is MP?!?

I think MP is MeleeProof.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

What is that? That's the same as DP then...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:19 AM Edited by OrionSR, 27 September 2014 - 08:20 AM.

Melee damage is different from collision damage. Melee damage is delivered by actors using fists and feet, or melee weapons. Collision damage is applied when things crash together. Bullet and fire damage are obvious enough, but sometimes explosions cause fires which might lead to some confusion. There are also a few rare examples of "alpha" damage being applied -- damage that works even if all 5 immunities are applied. Melee hits and kicks with the parachute equipped will damage fully immune vehicles and actors. And boats scrapping across ramps and the ground will accumulate damage despite full immunity.

Damage proof is a legacy description still in use due to the popularity of System Error's Bulletproof guide. All coding examples describe the old Damage immunity as Collision Proof, or the collision immunity. Besides, they are all different types of damage, so Damage proof really isn't terribly descriptive.

• Anthonyjames likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

What the hell is MP?!?

I think MP is MeleeProof.

Correct.

What is that? That's the same as DP then...

Nope, it's what Orion has said.  Fists, Baseball Bats, Chainsaws, Dildos, etc, etc, ANY melle weapon used on the car won't hurt the vehicle.  This MP property seems to only appear in SA, as well.  I haven't seen it for GTA III, VC, LCS, or VCS...

Melee damage is different from collision damage. Melee damage is delivered by actors using fists and feet, or melee weapons. Collision damage is applied when things crash together. Bullet and fire damage are obvious enough, but sometimes explosions cause fires which might lead to some confusion. There are also a few rare examples of "alpha" damage being applied -- damage that works even if all 5 immunities are applied. Melee hits and kicks with the parachute equipped will damage fully immune vehicles and actors. And boats scrapping across ramps and the ground will accumulate damage despite full immunity.

Damage proof is a legacy description still in use due to the popularity of System Error's Bulletproof guide. All coding examples describe the old Damage immunity as Collision Proof, or the collision immunity. Besides, they are all different types of damage, so Damage proof really isn't terribly descriptive.

Correct.  Great description.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ok, I am on Reuniting the Families right now trying to get this Vehicle.  All I want to know is has anyone got it on PS2?  Or does the entire population of Special Vehicle Collectors only have it on PC?  On PC, it's so easy with that Pause/Unpause Method.  Does NOT work on PS2.  In fact, it makes it WORSE.  The Greenwood's Health is far greater when you Pause/Unpause.  If you just do it the "normal" way, the health is less, but it's still not all the way down to fail the mission before the AP HPV-1000 Police Bike Cutscene.

So has anyone done the impossible and obtained it on PS2?

7 day survivor
  • 7 day survivor

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago

Damn. Around 20 tries and it exploaded only once. Problem was I slipped and the camera lost the vehicle that time. Its doable, but tedious

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

20?  That's nothing.  I tried it at least 40-50 times.  I reloaded, literally the ENTIRE day for hours and no luck.  One time, I got SO close, though, the bar was the lowest I ever seen and almost was non existent.  Probably one more shot would of blew the Greenwood up, but of course I got the damn cutscene.

This Vehicle is beating me up...

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I retried this vehicle last night for purposes of guide work and the pause trick did nothing to improve my chances. I even pointed the camera the same direction as the youtube video suggested. Although I got it on the third try, my Greenwood exploded literally 1 second before the biker cop scene (which of course would have been too late) and another attempt would ensue. I have not tried holding the pause (ESC) key yet, my PC is so fast that it literally flutters like a bad audio tape or something.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's weird I tried it a few times in the PC v 1.0 and almost everytime i got it. Anyway about the ps2 i don't know a lot harder that's for sure as controlling the camera is lot harder and the chance to loose it much bigger but beyond that it should be exactly the same and since the pause trick doesn't work it has to be done the normal way it  and that can take days trying.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

HeroBrine007 just got this two days ago on Mobile...How the f*ck?

I can't believe how trouble-some this damn vehicle is on PS2.

THREE TIMES now I got the Greenwood's Health GONE.  100% gone.  Cutscene still activated and the Greenwood didn't blow up.  Literally, you didn't see ANY color on the Greenwood's Health Bar.  It was gone THREE f*ckING TIMES!!!!!  It just refuses to blow up.  I am going on like 60 tries now...Also, I don't even look at the Police Car until a specific part of the mission.  RIGHT before it turns to go into that alley way where you see it on the other side is where I start looking at it.  I seen it in the Youtube Video where the guy Pauses/Unpauses the game really fast.  He doesn't even look at the Police Car until where I look at it.  It surely works.  It appears that when I do it like this, the Greenwood's Health is LESS than when I look at the Police Car(s) the entire time of the driving part of the mission.  If I use Pause/Unpause, the Health of the Greenwood barely passes half way, it's that bad.  Worst method thus far, at least for PS2.

7 day survivor
  • 7 day survivor

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago

Militia ; listen to this: on my 26th or 27th try it exploded again. I was so happy I almost peed myself. Runnin towards the cop car with the camera focused on the car. It was driving against the cop car im front of it and i switched very fast to the gun to the right of my MP5. In all exitement i shoot the police in the car aaaand BANG!! I destroyed the car!! With the Minigun!!
This game hates me, thats for sure.
So one advice folks: be careful and double check what weapon you shoot with, because the AK disappear after the explosion.

Btw, Im playing on the PS2
  • Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah, I know you lose the AK-47, but I got 6000 rounds of Tec-9 and/or SMG Bullets...I did the 100/100 Spray Tags early.  So I got all the guns I need and ammo.  I don't even have a Minigun and won't get that weapon for a while, I suppose.  I don't like the Minigun, anyways.  AK and M4 are my favorite.

You probably could of pushed the blown up wreck back to a Garage, btw...But it probably would of been challenging...

Also, the second half the battle is keeping the camera on this damn Vehicle after the Greenwood explodes.  Is it difficult?  I am not sure.  If it's anything like the AP Fire Truck using the Camera, I am doomed, I suppose.  All you seem to need to do is run down 2 streets and turn left, though.  I wonder how perfect you need to keep the camera on the area of the Police Car for it to remain and not disappear...

Seriously, this Vehicle is beating me up.  Today is my second day trying it and I already tried like 70 times...

7 day survivor
  • 7 day survivor

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah i feel your pain. Im frustrated an have only done half the attempts you've been doing. Well, I actually got the minigun because I will collect DP Maverick (?) , AP Bravura and AP Sentinel, i think the Minigun will help me with those vehicles.
I think this is an extreme challenge, because it seems that :
1. You got around 1/20 chance that the police will destroy your car.
2. You must focus your camera at the police car AND run fast to it.
3. If you done that you must also safely get it in a garage, hard to do if you got wanted stars...

...and yeah I tried to push the wreck you talked about but I only got about 10 metres before the cops gunned me down (2 wanted level)

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Militia, 2 weeks ago.

There is 2 Proofed Mavericks in SA.  One is the AP/EC Maverick in Toreno's Last Flight in San Fierro and another AP Maverick in The Da Nang Thang.  There is no DP Maverick.  Just 2 AP ones.

AP Bravura is simple to just use Double Sawn-Off Shotguns to shoot it back to El Corona.

AP Sentinel is cake, you just do a drive by on the car until it smokes black, get inside before Sweet dies, and drive away to store it in a garage.  I had this AP Sentinel in my last Save File with 23 Proof Vehicles.  I used an SMG on it last time and it worked fine and was very easy...No need for a Minigun :p

7 day survivor
  • 7 day survivor

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by 7 day survivor, 2 weeks ago.

Sorry i was in a hurry so i typed the wrong copter. I meant DP Police Maverick. The one on the roof when CJ and Sweet escapes. It behaves strange, especially when shot with a Minigun. More testing needed on that one..

Yes I've collected vehicles since the first release :) but it was until recently i've seen the AP Bravura, i'll try the sawnoff shotgun method , combined with minigun, if neccesary :). Regarding the Sentinel I have had better success lately with the Minigun (used MP4 earlier but it didnt work properly). But i'll try the drive-by, havent thought about that :)

Besides, theres also one AP Maverick in Misapropriation

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

That Police Maverick is DP?  Or do you mean BP?  Or...?  It's NOT BP, as it blows up when I shoot it with my AK-47 and goes down and explodes...

Oops...I might of got it backward....Yes, the AP Maverick is in Misappropriation.  The EC Black Maverick is in The Da Nang Thang and the AP/EC Blue Maverick is in Toreno's Last Flight.

Good luck.  Here we go again with this f*cking Police Car.  I swear this is one of the lamest Special Vehicles in all of SA.  100% luck based.  Such a waste of time trying over and over, I hate it.

What I hate about this Police Car is that when I "know I am gonna destroy" the Greenwood in time, those idiot cops STOP shooting at me when I am going up the hill prior to the Police Bike cutscene.  Then gotta do it all over, again, and again, and again, and again x80.

7 day survivor
  • 7 day survivor

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago

XD
i shouldn't laugh but how can I not. Its insane! I cant count how many times i had one (1!) millimeter left of the car health just 3 seconds before that donut scene, and just as you say, they stop shooting. Idiotas! Lol

About the Police Maverick: if you read an earlier post i did a question mark (?) about the DP properties. It means that Im not sure. If you shoot it with an AK, or any weapon except the minigun it just explodes, fall to the ground and disappears.
But if you use the Minigun, it first explodes a little, then continue firing with the Minigun. It wont explode anymore. Now it just spins on the ground and it seems that it takes absolutely no damage at all when it collides with poles and buildings. Which makes it a candidate for a DP vehicle.

But as I said earlier, I will investigate that copter when I got time. I have a friggin cop car to snatch first ;)

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Notice, we are both on PS2, whereas every single f*cking other person is on PC.  I swear it's unobtainable on PS2.  That's the way it feels.  It just doesn't work.  I am ready to break the f*cking disc in half at this point.  I tried over 100 times, no luck.  f*cking stupid Vehicle.  Might have to skip it and move onto the AP Bravura and AP Sentinel...But I am gonna keep trying a bit more.

Talk about insane....It literally is insane.  This Vehicle drives people into an insane asylum.  I hate this Vehicle so much...

You know there is also an AP HPV-1000 in the same mission, Reuniting the Families.  The other one is in "Small Town Bank" as well, but I got it in Reuniting the Families instead since I have space in Los Santos still.  To get the Police Bike is the SAME way you get the Police Car, only the Bike happens AFTER the donut cutscene with the Police Bikes and by then, the Greenwood can easily be destroyed to obtain it.  I got it second try.  Meanwhile, I am 100+ tries on this Police Car and it just won't happen...

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hey, i only got it after 87 tries so keep trying!

After around 45 i succeeded but i took the wrong cop car... i took the one in front of it.

And, those guys aren't even cops lol. If you shoot at them they do nothing. They just walk away and don't attack back.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

But.........Mobile.  Not PS2.  I honestly think there is a difference in the platforms.  Supply Lines... for instance is next to impossible on PS2 due to a glitch with the fuel.  Is it on PC?  Of course not.  PS2 is the hardest way of getting these Vehicles...

7 day survivor
  • 7 day survivor

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago

Supply lines? Thats Zero's second mission,right? I' ve never understood why people have a hard time completing it. I have 2 kind-of different versions of SA and in none of them is the mission really a problem. Instead, I find some of the schools and Zeros first mission to be a little frustrating.

On the plus side of us PS2 owners is that we can get the Andromada, whereas PC players cannot.
But still, i somewhat agree with you. I got criminal rating "King Of Andreas" the hard way. PC players can use a button spam cheat to get it in a record time..

Good luck getting the cop car :) Im sure you' ll get it. I almost did it (before I destroyed it) so it CAN be done.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

WTF....Air Raid is so easy for me.  And Supply Lines... is the problem.  I've heard the exact same thing, though.  Some think Air Raid is impossible and some say Supply Lines... is impossible.  For me, Supply Lines... is toxic trash.  I hate that mission and wish it wasn't even in the game.  All of Zero's Missions with his stupid remote control toys are pathetic.  Grand Theft Auto = Lets Play with Toy Helicopters and Planes.  Pathetic Missions that serve no purpose but to piss people off with the horrible controls...

Also for PS2, you can move CJ during the Cutscene in Beatdown on B-Dup toward the end of the Story to get the AP Infernus much easier.  Andromada is too big, though.  If you store it in the Hanger, you can't store the AP Fire Truck in there more than likely...

Yeah, that's how it's been.  Try doing GTA III, it's impossible on PS2 even though I've done it, twice.  But I gotta do it again one last time to double my collection of Proof Vehicles.  But yeah, on PC it's easier due to the aiming.  Headshot Only Rampages.  What was Rockstar thinking?  Idiots...

I'm like 2 seconds away from giving up with this Police Car.  I can't stand it, I literally want to pull my hair out.  Yelling at the idiot cops on my TV to shoot me, but they just drive along and not shoot me which results in getting the Police Bike cutscene.........f*ck!

7 day survivor
  • 7 day survivor

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by 7 day survivor, 2 weeks ago.

After another 20+ tries yesterday and another 20+tries today I finally got it. Im brainwashed, I swear to god. Every single line from the mission is etched in my head. Every single swat soldier-location memorized. I'll never do this again. Never.

I tried different tactics. On my own, and by reading this thread. Sometimes i just idly let the police shoot me while I drink coffee and just adjusting the camera. Sometimes I just got suicidal and shoot my car like crazy. And I think (not 100% sure)I got it:

This is my theory (PS2); the gunfire from the cops is somewhat scripted. If they dont shoot your car, you CANT damage it. If they shoot your car, you CAN damage it. So only shoot your car when the cops do. And do NOT make the mistake to shoot your own car like crazy just to have to reload when the cops blasting your car. Timing is required.
  • Militia likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users