Photo

CP/EP/FP/MP LS Police car

29 replies to this topic
roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

That was discovered by me tonight. Yet there was only a cheating method, which included cleo-modding, but now it requires one mission fail only smile.gif

Greenwood has to be destroyed before the donuts-bikes cutscene. It happens very rarely and depends on how good cops are shooting at you, but it worth it. Also you have to keep the camera on this vehicle or it will vanish. Note that this car is the only in the game that has all the proofings, except for bulletproof. Such a cool thing to perform a Vigilante with three deagle-GSF-cowboys within that baby.

p.s. I've left this video uploading from my PC and went for a walk. If it doesnt play just try again later.
  • OG Viking likes this

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Very nice discovery, good job, amazing smile.gif . There is still bunch of stuff in SA that we don't know, still new things are found. Thanks for sharing, luckily I haven't done this mission on my save with unique vehicles so I can get this car. BTW what do you think about that police chopper which comes after you and Sweet when you leave the motel, I think it's proofed somehow, but I don't know how to get it.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Looks so simple...wonders why it's discovered 8 years after the game's release.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

BTW what do you think about that police chopper which comes after you and Sweet when you leave the motel, I think it's proofed somehow, but I don't know how to get it.

AFAIK it has increased health and closed gas tank only. Some time ago we thought that it has EP/FP but in fact that was another heli that chases you with these police cars.
Looks so simple...wonders why it's discovered 8 years after the game's release.

Looks simple, but there was not enough researching to know that greenwood is destroyable before the cutscene. As i say, it's rather rare occasion.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (roggan @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 22:16)
Note that this car is the only in the game that has all the proofings, except for bulletproof.

Great discovery! icon14.gif But can you say more about it? From your video I am not sure what exactly police car it was. One of these that are chasing you, or the one from the roadblock? Is it only one car with proofings, or any of the chasing ones has it as well?

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 12:59)
QUOTE (roggan @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 22:16)
Note that this car is the only in the game that has all the proofings, except for bulletproof.

Great discovery! icon14.gif But can you say more about it? From your video I am not sure what exactly police car it was. One of these that are chasing you, or the one from the roadblock? Is it only one car with proofings, or any of the chasing ones has it as well?

EP/FP/CP/MP Police is that one which is the last in the chase and it spawns at 1:48 (i've added an annotation there). Police car from roadblock has decreased health only, and maybe close gas tank. Actually there are a lot of police cars in the chase that have some useless non-saveable features, here is full list from our FAQ:

CODE
Миссия = Mission
Уникальность = Feature
CGT = Close Gas Tank
DH = Decreased Health

93. LS Police 1 (3 unit)
Миссия: Reuniting The Families (Sweet)
Уникальность: CGT, DH (750)

94. LS Police 2
Уникальность: CGT, DH (500)

95. LS Police 3 (both)
Уникальность: CGT

96. LS Police 4
Уникальность: CGT, DH (900)

97. LS Police 5
Уникальность: DH (280)

98. LS Police 6
Уникальность: DH (250)

99. LS Police 7
Уникальность: CGT, DH (600)

100. LS Police 8
Уникальность: CGT, DH (325)

101. LS Police 9
Уникальность: CGT, DH (850)

But there is also one Policecar which has explosion proof. Here is how to obtain it:

But in my opinion that car became useless with that EP/FP/CP/MP one.
  • OG Viking likes this

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Great dicovery, there are still new proofed vehicles after 8 years.. i just love SA biggrin.gif
Only thing that sucks is that i always have to start new game if i want these.
If you had to compare this vehicles to any other unique vehicle by level of difficulty, what would you compare it to?

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (__mako @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 14:25)
If you had to compare this vehicles to any other unique vehicle by level of difficulty, what would you compare it to?

From 2/5 to 4/5 depending on your experience level. Maybe I'd compare it e.g. to full immune Sentinel or Sabre from 'Green Sabre'. Actually here is almost nothing difficult except for boring reloading till cops will destroy the Greenwood in time.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:49 PM Edited by Krawk, 25 November 2012 - 08:37 PM.

QUOTE (roggan @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 17:16)
That was discovered by me tonight. Yet there was only a cheating method, which included cleo-modding, but now it requires one mission fail only smile.gif

Greenwood has to be destroyed before the donuts-bikes cutscene. It happens very rarely and depends on how good cops are shooting at you, but it worth it. Also you have to keep the camera on this vehicle or it will vanish. Note that this car is the only in the game that has all the proofings, except for bulletproof. Such a cool thing to perform a Vigilante with three deagle-GSF-cowboys within that baby.

p.s. I've left this video uploading from my PC and went for a walk. If it doesnt play just try again later.

Very nice discovery, he he! Your caption in the video does not make sense though because it's there all the time and basically points at every single car in the chase at one point or another.

Are you saying the only car with these proofings because it's a car? The Rancher in Lure has the same proofings, technically speaking, an SUV and not a car.

QUOTE (__mako @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 14:25)
Maybe I'd compare it e.g. to full immune Sentinel or Sabre from 'Green Sabre'. Actually here is almost nothing difficult except for boring reloading till cops will destroy the Greenwood in time.

I would say the Sabre or Sentinel in Green Sabre is a 1 star difficulty. Drive to the shootout, get out of car and use about 75 or so rounds from a mini gun, get in car and drive away. Do not need to wait for Sweet to die, no tricks or cheats, very easy. The hardest thing about it is avoid hitting the gas tank and, the car will roll when you shoot it so make sure it doesn't roll into the red marker. The Ballas are such poor shots that you can ignore them as you do this stunt.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Yeah that was my mistake about EP/FP/CP/MP, no doubt. But it's still rare proofs combination, btw we also have EP/FP/CP/MP BF400 smile.gif
As for Green Sabre - there are a lot of people who does not know about minigun at this point of the game and they just use SMG. Besides you have to do some unusual actions, like destroying the car partially or driving it with punctured tires, and what about getting two of them together? I'd give 1\5 only for vehicles where you just have to arrive, get in and drive it to the garage.
And note that in case of LS Police you just have to be lucky.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:49 PM Edited by Krawk, 01 December 2012 - 02:26 AM.

I edited my post above but I see you replied in the meantime. In the video the notation pretty much points at every single car in the chase at one point or another so it is quite confusing. I see your outcome though, run to that neighborhood and snatch the car from the fake cop. I say fake cop as when you shoot the cop driving it you get no wanted level.

Regarding the minigun, if the BP guide would be updated, my two cents is to have people know that during reuniting the families they can go get the minigun with no wanted level. Cars you simply drive away would have a 0.5 or 0.0 rating IMO.
Using OrionSR's suggested method of driving a car thru Flint Intersection across the water, 4 stars to park in Doherty, I have moved the Savanna..

For inclusion of the Cop Car in the BP guide, my garages look like this leading to the mission Green Sabre after three failures to get Sabre, Sentinel and Bravura.

Santa Maria Beach -
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Tampa
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof PCJ-600
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Admiral
- Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof LS Cop Car

El Corona -
- Bulletproof/Fireproof Greenwood
- Bulletproof/Fireproof Voodoo
- Bulletproof/Fireproof Tahoma
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Bravura

Ganton -
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sentinel
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sabre
- Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof BF-400

Mulholland -
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sanchez
- Bulletproof Forklift
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sultan (On Roof)
- ROOM FOR BP/FP/EP/DP Sadler from Tanker Commander

Doherty -
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof Savanna

LS Impound -
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Packer

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

There is no need to use a cheat to move many of to the vehicles to the Doherty garage. Almost any reasonably fast vehicle can make the jump across to Flint Intersection. You can also move vehicles to the LV impound garage by undrowning them at Hanky Panky Point or Hampton Barns and beaching east of Toreno's ranch. The Emerald Isle carpark can be used to impound your vehicles to the underground lot.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:19 PM Edited by roggan, 25 November 2012 - 09:35 PM.

Your caption in the video does not make sense though because it's there all the time and basically points at every single car in the chase at one point or another. In the video the notation pretty much points at every single car in the chase at one point or another so it is quite confusing.
I did not capture vehicles with the aim in the video, I just kept the camera to not loose the correct Policecar. Though I've added an annotation to the correct vehicle at 1:48.

edit: I've added more annotations throughout the chase. Think it looks much easier now.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

I am really a doubt whether police can destroy Greenwood before donuts bikers chase. For me, it never happened when I get EP LS Police. I let police to destroy as much as they can. But, they managed to destroy about 75% damage before bikers' cutscene even I don't shoot at least one bullet to them.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:07 PM Edited by Krawk, 30 November 2012 - 03:23 AM.

Roggan, thanks for the clarification. I think in a nutshell, we don't care what car it is at first, but as you pass the roadblock North of the carwash and drive eastward toward east beach, continue to look towards the roadblock. If done correctly, as seen in your video, when you run to that area it is the cop car that is driving away. In my successful attempts, it was still stuck trying to get out of the alley and past the roadblock. I have clarified some more in the next message - it's the car that tries to go thru the alley and out the roadblock.

OrionSR - yes, very true, had not thought of jumping a car and parking in Doherty. LS Impound is still a viable option but I like Doherty better, the impounds are not very reliable for cars in my experience.
Beaching cars by Toerno's ranch? Hmmmm. The game remembers them there?

Update ******
Just loaded my save from the point in the game, kept failing to achieve my goal then made a discovery. Maybe it's camera angle, maybe it is self inflicted damage, but at the start of the chase if you point your AK towards the trunk of your car (not the roof) and keep blasting, the car's health drops faster. At the point where you see the target car take its shortcut, you can rotate your camera and start shooting your own hood. Once you pass the roadblock, start shooting your trunk again. I was able to, just now, three times in a row, get my car destroyed right as it turns the corner, about 6 seconds or more earlier than in roggan's video.

Update Update******
Using my described method of shooting your own car's trunk or hood, I have been able to get my car destroyed every single time, pretty much the same area. Roggan, could you verify my finding?
I know if I had the game running in a window and was using SACC side by side I could verify my own bullets were self inflicting damage. If not, it still must have to do with point-of-view and the accuracy of the cops. In either case, it works every time for me. Woot

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:45 AM Edited by Krawk, 30 November 2012 - 03:26 AM.

Here's how I would write it in the BP Guide:
-------------------------------------------------------------
5.xx: Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof LS Cop Car
-------------------------------------------------------------
Mission: Reuniting the Families Resource F: **
Character: Sweet

Roggan made this discovery and a video on how to acquire this bad boy. This one is very hard to get at first but once you have it down, quite easy to get. Would be a 4 star difficulty for beginners, then a 2 star after you figure it out. Letís just take the average and call it 3 stars.
This vehicle is one of the cop cars that chases you after you exit the hotel and are a passenger in the car chase. If you get far enough into the car chase to trigger the cutscene where the bike cops drop their doughnuts and take chase, itís too late, restart the mission and try again.

Method One (Edited by Krawk)
----------------------------
Do the mission as normal. Skipping all the cutscenes you can to save time. Once you exit the car, enter the hotel and get to Sweet, shooting only the cops you need to. Once on the roof, blast the chopper out of the sky and then go to the street. Smoke and Ryder pull up in Sweetís Greenwood and the car chase begins.
Do not shoot at any of the cop cars, let them blast you. After you go through the underground car park, but before you make the turn near the recycling center, you will see a cop car try to take a shortcut through an alleyway in East Los Santos. This is the FP/EP/DP Cop Car. At this point, focus your camera in the general direction of this car going through the alley. As Smoke drives you around the corner and past a single car roadblock, you will see this car slowly coming through the alley. Continue to maintain camera focus on this area even as you turn the corner Eastbound into Los Flores. If youíve done it right, your car will be destroyed before the Copbike Scene. Next, while maintaining camera direction, haul ass to where the roadblock was. The Cop Car will probably have trouble getting past the parked Cop Car. Shoot the fake cop driver through the window, he will fall out with the door hanging open. Get in the car and park it in your garage, enjoy.
Note: If you seem to be having trouble with the Greenwood you are in not being destroyed before the Copbike scene try the following suggestion. I am not sure if it has to do with camera angle or if you can damage your own car, but in the beginning of the chase, direct all your AK fire to the trunk of your own car at first. As you come around the corner into East LS, focus your fire onto your hood, then back onto your trunk again as you pass the roadblock. I was able to get my Greenwood destroyed at the right turn from East LS to Los Flores with too much consistency to call it a coincidence.
  • OG Viking likes this

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Krawk, thanks for the details. My English and laziness would not allow me to do this smile.gif
It's very great you've been able to find a better way to let cops destroy the Greenwood, but I've got one question for now: don't you lose the Police car with these camera angles (onto your hood etc)? Because it goes off from the chase and if you aim your camera away it vanishes, that's how I had it before. But maybe I did not understand you properly, I'll test it today and will tell what I tnink.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (roggan @ Friday, Nov 30 2012, 01:31)
Krawk, thanks for the details. My English and laziness would not allow me to do this smile.gif
It's very great you've been able to find a better way to let cops destroy the Greenwood, but I've got one question for now: don't you lose the Police car with these camera angles (onto your hood etc)? Because it goes off from the chase and if you aim your camera away it vanishes, that's how I had it before. But maybe I did not understand you properly, I'll test it today and will tell what I tnink.

Your English is fine for this forum but I understand smile.gif

The car is scripted to come out from the alley way and the camera view is so wide there is plenty of room for slop. There is enough of the background in view when shooting your own car to not lose the cop car. Perhaps as I got to the end of the street when Sweet's car turns right to have to look left/behind in the direction of the car in the alley, but by that point, the Greenwood explodes anyway.
Maybe more accurately, once you start going past the draw distance this is where you must begin to watch the car or it might disappear. It did disappear on my first attempt after Sweet's car explodes but not on any follow up attempts because of where I was when the explodes.

Awaiting your test.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

In this mission, I can't understand one thing. How CJ is not wasted when Greenwood is exploded? Is this a glitch? But, Biker chase in Just Business, CJ is wasted once BF 400 is destroyed.

laijunqiu
  • laijunqiu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

How to make the car in LS or LV Impound?
I had watched a video "How to get fully proofed Sultan and Packer WITH ONE CHEAT in the mission Just Business " and this is really able to do.
But I tried a lot but none is succeed.
Can you tell a method? I think it's very useful to collect special vehicle!

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (laijunqiu @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 05:24)
I had watched a video "How to get fully proofed Sultan and Packer WITH ONE CHEAT in the mission Just Business " and this is really able to do.

Here is a comprehensive information about impounds: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=304874
Basically, if you don't find your car at the impound lot, make sure that you hold the camera on it
And remember that if you activate the teleport with a pimp mission after you finished the mission 'drive-by', Ballas will not attack you the same aggressive as before (that's a glitch: http://www.gtaforums...owtopic=377233)

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by Krawk, 22 February 2013 - 01:32 AM.

I just got the cop car in record time but forgot to hit record, sh*t! I was able to get Sweet's Greenwood to explode while on the exit side of the alley in which the proofed LS Cop Car drives. At this point, there were 2 other cop cars and the one that made the roadblock. The one coming thru the alley was blasting his horn at the one that made the roadblock "Look at this moron" lol. I shot the fake cop, the other 3 fake cops did nothing, no wanted level or nothing.

QUOTE (laijunqiu @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 01:24)

Assuming you're running the PC version I just did it with one cheat.
When you enter the flood channel you proceed as normal - When you get to the cutscene where the packer is crashing through the fence and down into the flood channel, start typing the cheat. H E S O Y A M
Hit the M around the same time the front wheels of the Packer are touching the ground. Smoke will disappear from the bike and mission fails. Get off the bike and jack the packer. Drive up the S road into Mulholland and go past Madd Dogg's mansion. When in front of Madd Dogg's crib, instead of driving across the overpass bridge, crash it down the road ditch instead. If done right, the cars will fly out and the Packer remains upright. I "opened" the liftgate of the Packer to make sure both cars fly out but I don't think that matters. There is a chance that one of the Sultan's will land upside down and explode, no big deal. Get in the other Sultan, park it in a garage, preferably Mulholland. Next, do NOT jack another car, run to the ditch to retrieve the Packer. Park the Packer in the impound lot unless you want to cheat again, then use flying cars cheat and fly the Packer to Doherty garage, it will store correctly if slanted. In my master save I have the BP/FP/EP/MP Savanna in there and as long as it is all the way in the corner it is fine with the Packer.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Just enter the vehicle of death cheat (L1, L2(2), Up, Down(2), Up, R1, R2(2)), get in a chariot, then enter it again (while inside) thus rendering your chariot everything proof.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

I am including this picture for additional clarification while I make a new video.
The spot in which you see here is where I was able to get the Greenwood to explode. The route is very simple and you do not need to pay any attention to the target vehicle until it enters the alley.
When you depart the hotel you cross the RR tracks. You go thru an underground car park and then go South. Just before you go around the rusty building (seen in the left of this picture) and recycling center you will see a single cop car try to take a shortcut through an alleyway. When you go around the building and head North again, you will see the cop car coming out of the alley but it cannot because it is blocked by a single car roadblock.

My screenshot is immediately after the Greenwood explodes and the mission fails. The cop standing at the roadblock and the ones in the cars are shown here walking away in the left side of the screenshot. The target vehicle is of course the one exiting the alleyway (with its lights on) - shoot the driver just like shown in Roggan's video and get in via the open door and then park it in a garage.

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • OG Viking likes this

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:19 PM Edited by roggan, 25 February 2013 - 12:24 PM.

QUOTE (laijunqiu @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 05:24)

You may try to export the Packer from LS to LV with that glitch: http://www.youtube.c...tailpage#t=165s

Krawk, if you don't mind, please post your coming video as a video-reply to mine. Thanks.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

I would suggest too if people are having problems with Ballas to take over this turf before trying this mission. When you shoot the driver of the proofed car, they might get out of their car and start shooting at you, which is exactly what did happen in the scene I just posted. The one you see in the car in the photo got out and started blasting with his mac10.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:53 AM Edited by King Andreas, 29 May 2014 - 01:09 PM.

Which of these traits: collisions, explosions, fires, melees, bullets (non-player induced, of course) is most likely to engulf the police vehicle? It's unfortunate this police vehicle, which would've otherwise been splendid for Vigilante missions, lacks the proofed characteristic to shield against that. Regardless, kudos to the finder.

• skills likes this

rhans
  • rhans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

I would suggest too if people are having problems with Ballas to take over this turf before trying this mission. When you shoot the driver of the proofed car, they might get out of their car and start shooting at you, which is exactly what did happen in the scene I just posted. The one you see in the car in the photo got out and started blasting with his mac10.

Do you have any tip for me? I am also trying to do self inflicted damage, but the car health doesn't seem to be lowering any faster. Maybe my bullets are hitting the roof, but I am trying to hit either ends of the greenwood, maybe I am missing.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:38 PM Edited by OG Viking, 18 February 2014 - 06:40 PM.

I played Reuniting the Families yesterday, I tried to find the special Police but forgot which car it was. This thread proved useful once again. :)

I find that the Greenwood dies faster when I shoot it (PS2). But it's got a lot of health!

And remember that if you activate the teleport with a pimp mission after you finished the mission 'drive-by', Ballas will not attack you the same aggressive as before (that's a glitch: http://www.gtaforums...owtopic=377233)

The link is broken, usually the forum converts old links automatically, but not this one. I think I've found the new link:
Ballas attacking? Are they pissing you off?.

rhans
  • rhans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

I think Krawk is right about self inflicted damaged, although I wasn't able to destroy it many times I too was once able to destroy the greenwood before turning to right, making much easier to get to the car not letting it vanish. It is annoying controling the camera on PS2 version, especially for this vehicle and the FI Firetruck (don't even know if it is possible to get without cheats), not to mention checking impounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users