Photo

Camera Views (Inside car)

15 replies to this topic
heist_blueprint
  • heist_blueprint

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Do you think there will be a camera view showing the inside of the car? (steering wheel, dashboard, radio, and hands?)
(not sure if covered already)

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (heist_blueprint @ Friday, Nov 23 2012, 17:36)
Do you think there will be a camera view showing the inside of the car? (steering wheel, dashboard, radio, and hands?)
(not sure if covered already)

I heavily doubt it unfortunately.

killerguy204
  • killerguy204

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

It would be cool. Instead of the camera showing nothing or just the hood.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Yeah like MC: LA, but i don't think we'll get it. Hood view is good too though, it was awesome in IV.

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

I really, really hope that they will finally add a first-person camera for the car, BUT, this ain't Forza or GT5, so I doubt it.

sivaG
  • sivaG

Shetland Pony

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

I don't think so!

haarp
  • haarp

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

I don't understand why they don't do that, I'd actually use that, unlike the camera on the bumper which is too low and awkward.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

No Chance..lol Keep dreaming son!!

DrHenryHill
  • DrHenryHill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

I also don't think it will happen but I'm sure I remember Rockstar saying the driving would rival driving in racing games or something to that effect so who knows, driving would feel more like a driving game if it did have a dash view.

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Unless they have high quality car interiors, I doubt they want the camera to get too close to the inside of a car. for the camera mod in GTA 4 (xbox 360) the interiors were pretty bad. I wouldn't be surprised if they had it this time though.

heist_blueprint
  • heist_blueprint

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Ya, I used it a lot in Midnight Club: LA. The interiors were pretty decent. It was a lot of fun. I'd love to see Rockstar do it in GTA 5 also.

cmn1516
  • cmn1516

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

it would be awesome if they put it in but i dont think they will sad.gif

vmnoodle
  • vmnoodle

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

If they add an in dash view for a car it could technically improve the game's performance.

Since around 15-25% of the screen would be covered by the car's dashboard , the console

will have to do less rendering as compared to the fullscreen view , I might be wrong though

monocle.gif

ASNAEB
  • ASNAEB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (vmnoodle @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 11:03)
If they add an in dash view for a car it could technically improve the game's performance.

Since around 15-25% of the screen would be covered by the car's dashboard , the console

will have to do less rendering as compared to the fullscreen view , I might be wrong though

monocle.gif

I don't think it works that way. Whether you position the camera not to see anything of the world or not, it has to be rendered. Just because the camera can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. The entire world still exists around it. They would need to do even more rendering, because the dashboard and in car view need to look good, so those things need to be more detailled.
Codemasters decided to not put in a in car camera view for Grid 2 because they could do some other things with the power they otherwise had to allocate to that feature.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (ASNAEB @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 11:43)
QUOTE (vmnoodle @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 11:03)
If they add an in dash view for a car  it could technically improve the game's performance.

monocle.gif

I don't think it works that way. Whether you position the camera not to see anything of the world or not, it has to be rendered. Just because the camera can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. The entire world still exists around it. They would need to do even more rendering, because the dashboard and in car view need to look good, so those things need to be more detailled.
Codemasters decided to not put in a in car camera view for Grid 2 because they could do some other things with the power they otherwise had to allocate to that feature.

Ah yes, that's interesting for you to bring that up, cause it makes sense. MC: LA had it because it was a pure racing game, GTA is so much more than that. I think we have our answer here, ain't gonna happen.

And i really don't mind it much, at the end of the day i never use the cockpit views much in racers because i feel it obstructs the overall view too much. I much rather race in first person/hood view or with the car in front of me.

deathdiggerswe
  • deathdiggerswe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

That would be interesting, but since it would include a vast enhancement of the vehicles' interiors, i doubt it.

"Cockpit view" is a more suitable title, since it's a common term for it (within the game industry).

Great idea, though. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users