Photo

NON-MODDING FREE MODES (Xbox 360)

19 replies to this topic
SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:40 PM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 22 November 2012 - 07:45 PM.

Every legitimate online GTA IV player knows about the modding epidemic in free modes over the last couple of years. They cant be killed, they crash your xbox and have ultimately ruined the game. Rockstar and Microsoft wont do a damn thing so we have to take matters into our own hands...

It's a simple and effective idea to make modder-free private free modes public to legitimate players. All you have to do is look at this thread and post your gamertag every time you want to play a free mode. You then look at the post previous to yours and send them a message on LIVE telling them you want to join their game with the code words "NO MODDERS". The post on the forums itself will tell anyone else reading it what time the gamertag was posted so will probably indicate whether anyone is still playing at that time. When a game invite isn't received then it probably means everyone got offline and a new game needs to be created.

If this got popular enough the free mode would continue infinitely passing from host to host. Meaning you would always be able to get into a non-modding free mode. We could even create three different ones for each episode if it got really big.

I know what you're thinking. That modders will somehow join and ruin it either by posting here or receiving an invite from somebody. Not the case. If for instance a modder did get into the game and they managed to freeze us or disrupt the game we could easily identify the culprits through evidence, patterns and the process of elimination. These peoples gamertags would be boldly plastered on the front page of this thread and banished from any future free modes.

-----

ANTI-MODDING PROCEDURE:

- Check whether the person has posted here on the forums before sending them an invite.

- When you suspect a modder has joined the game leave and make a new one inviting everyone else.

-----

In order for this idea to work it will need the community (you guys) to be cooperative and follow the simple guidelines. Hopefully by doing this, those of us who would have previously been hostile toward one another will find common ground and we can maybe make some new friends, who knows.

I'll build on the idea in the coming days by trying to gain the support of some multiplayer gangs here on the forums and building on the thread (I know how you guys love graphics wink.gif ).

On Sunday, I'll get some of my loyal friends to post their gamertags here and get this thing started. Have hope, there are others like you out there. People who aren't selfish and careless like these modders that have ruined this once great game. We'll get some good games going before GTA V is released don't you worry.

-----

Admin - Like I said, this is a new idea and work in progress so be patient please. It will never have an official start time like most of ideas here on the events section due to the concept of it but I think it could definitely work if it gets going.

ILIKEFIREPLACES
  • ILIKEFIREPLACES

Prematurely post traumatic

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Sweaty Just say the date/Time and I'll be there. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:53 PM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 22 November 2012 - 03:06 PM.

QUOTE (ILIKEFIREPLACES @ Thursday, Nov 22 2012, 14:46)
Sweaty Just say the date/Time and I'll be there.  Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

It would be nice to see you on Sunday when I get this going but like I said in the original post, if it this takes off there will never be a set date/time for it. It will just go on forever... wow.gif

Vilmundr
  • Vilmundr

Functioning Psychopath -13

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

On behalf of the entire Mayans MC, we're game! icon14.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Is the sky f*cking blue?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Isn't it easier to just add each other and then create a chatroom for it?

Kinko XXV
  • Kinko XXV

Perpetual scapegoat.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Isn't it easier to f*ck your face? I thought so.

I'm down for this. alien.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Thursday, Nov 22 2012, 15:45)
Isn't it easier to just add each other and then create a chatroom for it?

What, you mean like a gang...

The thought had crossed my mind but it would involve people compromising their friends lists and I don't want that. Thanks for the feedback and support guys smile.gif .

XxIrishBlizzardxX
  • XxIrishBlizzardxX

[TSA] Remnant.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm in! Nice idea Sweaty!

Hippybojangles
  • Hippybojangles

Got something to say?

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

I am so down for this!
We could do it midweek or anytime you like I will try and attend!

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Great Idea, The Legion are in! icon14.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:37 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 25 November 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Thanks alot blush.gif . I'm gonna work on the page a little more tomorrow and see if any other gangs are down for joining but it should be up and running by about 10pm GMT this Sunday. I'll keep you posted. If you know of any other gangs/members that don't mod and might be interested then point them in this direction too icon14.gif .

edit: I was really busy today but It'll have my undivided attention tomorrow morning so just be patient and we'll get it started soon hopefully.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Any confirmed dates?

ACE LethalKillz
  • ACE LethalKillz

The Chicken is burning!

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Sounds Great, Im In. Sweaty, PM me to discuss some things.

Dr-Mayhem111
  • Dr-Mayhem111

4th Generation Corsino Capo Crimini

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Give those modders the finger.

Good luck Sweaty, it's good to see someone making the gaming community a better place.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Hey guys is this thing still happening? Sounds like a brill idea

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

you cant make private games and just invite each other?

hidingKILLER
  • hidingKILLER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

I haven't had a good Free Mode on GTA with random people for a looong time. So people, add me on xbox if you are looking for a player who DOESN'T mod. [hidingKILLER].

death killer860
  • death killer860

Army of Kush

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

I love this topic biggrin.gif

FormulaLT1
  • FormulaLT1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

im so sick of people accusing every modder they see of being a dick, people have fun when I play, free weapons and cars & ramps for all if you wanna party down with a good modder gt: z cruze v 420 xx

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (FormulaLT1 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 11:27)
im so sick of people accusing every modder they see of being a dick, people have fun when I play, free weapons and cars & ramps for all if you wanna party down with a good modder gt: z cruze v 420 xx

Then go bitch at your modder pals.

I'm in as well.

GT: GunWrath

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users