Quantcast

» «
Photo

Most boring district/borough in the game?

70 replies to this topic
Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Susiside_Mittens @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 09:01)
I agree Bohan is ugly - that safehouse with the graffiti inside just gives a depressing feeling. Though personally I like the preacher lol I wish there were more random people talking like that it just seems like fun extra stuff to make the city more living. At least Bohan features Carmen though.

Alderney is my least favourite because there are no extra things to do there (no friends activities that you can do except that strip club which is too far away to travel to), and it also has graffiti and too much industrial and wrecked buildings so it feels depressing sort of like Bohan, with the added disadvantage of being so far from everything.

Bohan is ugly and gritty but I like it for that. It's like a neighborhood that used to be inviting but turned revolting. Shows a lot of negative history.

Alderney is also my least favorite district. Though I like some sections of iy, most of it is boring and some textures are meh.
I still like the borough, but it's my least favorite.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Bohan. I don't mind that it's gritty and rundown, but it's pretty boring to explore IMO.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Im surprised that people hate the BH so much. Bohan is NOT boring, Bohan is like a throwback of early 2000s LC when the city was still dangerous. Bohan is the only borough where people stand out from other Liberterians. I keep a roll play journey/database of homicides and Bohan annually leads the city. Bohan has most of the action, Algonquin is for tourists. Bohan will always be a special place for me because Sing Sing & Flanger was the first Grove Street hood in my game back in 2001. Why would you want to in Algonquin 24/7? It's a superficial place. Algonquin dont have the action like Bohan, and someone said they hated Acter, Acter isnt in the city, Acter is in AD not Liberty State. On top of that Acter has the most action in Alderney so there's nothing boring. Blocks like Aspidin & Lee, Scheider & Babbage, Sinclair Ave aka "S & S Crew", and David Watson PJs are more live than some blocks in LC.

There aint a "most boring borough" because every borough had spots. But as far as individual neighborhoods go, it might be Lower Easton because it got gentified and is nothing but yuppies. You look at the buildings and you can tell that it used to be a slum. Lower Easton lost it's character.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ Tuesday, Feb 12 2013, 17:01)
Im surprised that people hate the BH so much. Bohan is NOT boring, Bohan is like a throwback of early 2000s LC when the city was still dangerous. Bohan is the only borough where people stand out from other Liberterians. I keep a roll play journey/database of homicides and Bohan annually leads the city. Bohan has most of the action, Algonquin is for tourists. Bohan will always be a special place for me because Sing Sing & Flanger was the first Grove Street hood in my game back in 2001. Why would you want to in Algonquin 24/7? It's a superficial place. Algonquin dont have the action like Bohan, and someone said they hated Acter, Acter isnt in the city, Acter is in AD not Liberty State. On top of that Acter has the most action in Alderney so there's nothing boring. Blocks like Aspidin & Lee, Scheider & Babbage, Sinclair Ave aka "S & S Crew", and David Watson PJs are more live than some blocks in LC.

There aint a "most boring borough" because every borough had spots. But as far as individual neighborhoods go, it might be Lower Easton because it got gentified and is nothing but yuppies. You look at the buildings and you can tell that it used to be a slum. Lower Easton lost it's character.

Okay, you got a point... Maybe.
You see when I say I think a neighborhood is bland, I am talking about it's structure. The look, buildings.
I'm not talking about the crime or any of that yada.

I agree with you but to some extent. And referring to Lower Easton, yes nothing oxcurs there, but I really like this borough. It has lots of real life counterparts and beautiful buildings. And in actuality I have this interesting district in my favorites. It's got history.

Lastly, referring to Acter. I like the place now, but I didn't give any damns about the crime or any of that mess. I found it bland because of it's architecture
Okay?

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:09 AM Edited by Official General, 13 February 2013 - 02:15 AM.

QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ Tuesday, Feb 12 2013, 23:01)

@ DoubleOG

I beg to differ bro.

Bohan is very run-down and indeed rough, but in my view, Broker is the most dangerous borough. Broker has the most most bangin' and dangerous neighborhoods in Liberty City - Firefly Projects, Schottler and Beechwood City, so many intense, vicious gunfights and shootings happen between rival gangs in these areas on a regular basis, more than the rest of Liberty City combined. Almost every gang is active in Broker, there are the M.O.B, the Jamaican Posses, Russian Mob, a chapter of the Lost, the Spanish Lords, and the Northwood Dominican Drug dealers (ND3). The only safe part of Broker is the area around Outlook Park, East Hook and Downtown, every other part of the borough is infested with gangs and crime. I'm sure that Broker has the highest murder rate out of all the city's boroughs too.

I agree with you on Acter though, no way is that place boring, I already called out kifflom for saying that. It's the most violent and dangerous area of Alderney, the place is rife with gangs, the local chapter of the M.O.B, Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers, the Gunthugs and Lost Biker chapters. I cannot even count the amount of crazy shootouts between gangs I've seen go down in that area. Acter is the only other area in GTA IV that can rival Broker's roughest districts for high levels of gangs, gunplay and crime.

Lower Easton got Nothwood Dominican Drug Dealers working the blocks of President City Projects in TBOGT, it's the only time when it's interesting.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Acter Industrial Park, Colony island and Charge island.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

Acter Industrial Park is the place I less like, Alderney is cool, but Acter Industrial Park is pretty boring, there is nothing to do and It's far away from everything, specialy at night, you never see taxis or cars at night, so if you get lost in there, you'll have to run until a car appears or call Roman for a taxi.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Distrom @ Tuesday, Feb 12 2013, 21:32)
Acter Industrial Park is the place I less like, Alderney is cool, but Acter Industrial Park is pretty boring, there is nothing to do and It's far away from everything, specialy at night, you never see taxis or cars at night, so if you get lost in there, you'll have to run until a car appears or call Roman for a taxi.

To be honest I sort of like the area due to it's gritty ness. The battered curvy roads, the prison, factories. I don't know it just interests me.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Bohan is not boring, in my opinion. There are interesting people and there are a bunch of untraveled streets and districts (for me).

Also, in Bohan I don't have to drive around for hours to find a prostitute, unlike parts of Algonquin. There are usually plenty of prostitutes in Bohan and this means plenty of good time.

Most boring place to me is Acter Industrial, this place is so deserted and ugly.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Wednesday, Feb 13 2013, 02:09)

@ DoubleOG

I beg to differ bro.

Bohan is very run-down and indeed rough, but in my view, Broker is the most dangerous borough. Broker has the most most bangin' and dangerous neighborhoods in Liberty City - Firefly Projects, Schottler and Beechwood City, so many intense, vicious gunfights and shootings happen between rival gangs in these areas on a regular basis, more than the rest of Liberty City combined. Almost every gang is active in Broker, there are the M.O.B, the Jamaican Posses, Russian Mob, a chapter of the Lost, the Spanish Lords, and the Northwood Dominican Drug dealers (ND3). The only safe part of Broker is the area around Outlook Park, East Hook and Downtown, every other part of the borough is infested with gangs and crime. I'm sure that Broker has the highest murder rate out of all the city's boroughs too.

I agree with you on Acter though, no way is that place boring, I already called out kifflom for saying that. It's the most violent and dangerous area of Alderney, the place is rife with gangs, the local chapter of the M.O.B, Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers, the Gunthugs and Lost Biker chapters. I cannot even count the amount of crazy shootouts between gangs I've seen go down in that area. Acter is the only other area in GTA IV that can rival Broker's roughest districts for high levels of gangs, gunplay and crime.

Lower Easton got Nothwood Dominican Drug Dealers working the blocks of President City Projects in TBOGT, it's the only time when it's interesting.

Woah, hold on...

When do you witness these gang shootouts? I hang around Beechwood City alot, and, I have not seen a single gun battle between gangs. In a way that Ballas and Vagos fought in San Andreas.

Most I've seen is a single perp exchanging fire with a cop.

Can these gang fights really be witnessed or is this just your imagination?

If they really do happen - do I have to be at a specific place at a specific time or something?

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (Dollarhide @ Thursday, Feb 14 2013, 20:21)

@ DoubleOG

I beg to differ bro.

Woah, hold on...

When do you witness these gang shootouts? I hang around Beechwood City alot, and, I have not seen a single gun battle between gangs. In a way that Ballas and Vagos fought in San Andreas.

If they really do happen - do I have to be at a specific place at a specific time or something?

@ Dollarhide

Lool, yes they do happen and they can be witnessed - but to be honest with you, I kinda instigate them in a small way. Broker is just one of those places where it is very easy to make gunfights and shoot-outs happen between because the borough is rife with gangs in close proximity to each other. I simply call up Dwayne's boys start a fight with M.O.B gang members in places like Firefly Projects and a big gunfight erupts between the two groups, independent of you. The whole place just gets lit up with bullets, you can do this with Dwayne's boys in any gang area of the game and get the same results.

In the Ballad Of Gay Tony, members of NDDD gang (Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers) can be seen hanging around in Schottler, Beechwood City in Broker in the same turf as the Jamaican Posse gang members. Simply get any one of them to let off a gunshot and the two gangs will engage each other in a vicious shoot-out or gunfight, it gets brutal and explosive. You can do the same with the NDDD in Acter, where they are seen in the area alongside M.O.B gang members, the two gangs will blast the sh*t out of each other.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by zoo3891, 01 March 2013 - 10:01 AM.

Anything South of Middle Park in Algonquin. All you get past there are skyscrapers and rich dudes. The little parks (gardens?) and stuff you find down there are pretty neat, but besides that I hate going down there.

If I had to narrow it down to one specific borough I'd pick Lancet because the view from there absolutely exemplifies how boring the whole area is, and there's nothing of interest at all there.

edit: Ha! Just realized I answered this thread with the same post four months ago! Jeez.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Saturday, Feb 16 2013, 14:16)
Anything South of Middle Park in Algonquin. All you get past there are skyscrapers and rich dudes. The little parks (gardens?) and stuff you find down there are pretty neat, but besides that I hate going down there.

If I had to narrow it down to one specific borough I'd pick Lancet because the view from there absolutely exemplifies how boring the whole area is, and there's nothing of interest at all there.

I really don't mind South Algonquin. Not everywhere can be gritty projects can it? I think it's a nice contrast actually.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 21:16)

Hmm.
I actually love it for the reasons you hate it.
Driving a CEO's car like a Feltzer or Serrano, cruising down the narrow, busy streets and seeing the shadows from the beautiful towers.
It's rather interesting imo, but we all have different tastes.

There is this one neighborhood I like, but at the same time feel like it lacked. Beachgate.
The neighborhood is really small, especially when considering how big Seagate is. And nother goes on there. Barely anybody driving, no interior.

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Alderney is the most boring place in my opinion. It goes good with the Mafia elements of the game, but in every other aspect it's just so out of place. But on the other hand, it IS the best place to find a Sultan wink.gif

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 22:17)
I really don't mind South Algonquin. Not everywhere can be gritty projects can it? I think it's a nice contrast actually.

I guess I see what both of you mean, it wouldn't be the big applesauce without skyscrapers, and it's definitely one of the best places to have shootouts at. devil.gif

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Saturday, Feb 16 2013, 03:27)
QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 21:16)

Hmm.
I actually love it for the reasons you hate it.
Driving a CEO's car like a Feltzer or Serrano, cruising down the narrow, busy streets and seeing the shadows from the beautiful towers.
It's rather interesting imo, but we all have different tastes.

There is this one neighborhood I like, but at the same time feel like it lacked. Beachgate.
The neighborhood is really small, especially when considering how big Seagate is. And nother goes on there. Barely anybody driving, no interior.

I prefer rich areas to poor areas as well. I would rather spend time in Castle Gardens City than in Firefly Projects.

One cool area in southern Algonquin is Little Italy. It is so much fun to listen to conversations of Italian mobsters.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

Alderney City was really bland and you couldn't at all find anything to do in the borough.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Bohan. Rarely visit that muck of a place.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

I'm surprised most say Bohan. East Bohan sucks, but West?

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 12:58)
I'm surprised most say Bohan. East Bohan sucks, but West?

East was dead boring. But there was nothing special I found in West of it too? South Bohan was a bit OK

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

I hate most of Algonquin, I actually dont know why. I also hate Happiness Island, but I love making massacres there. My favorite place is South Bohan, I like the feeling there, it feels like its my home. I dont like the rest of Bohan. I like some parts of Alderney, like North Alderney with the cliffs and the old casino. I also like it because of the Booth tunnel. I like both Broker and Dukes.
and

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (thebodies @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 20:29)
I also hate Happiness Island

I thought people loved it. Well, I love it a lot. To do massacres or to just walk around it. It was an awesome little place and almost everything in it is funny.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 16:53)
QUOTE (thebodies @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 20:29)
I also hate Happiness Island

I thought people loved it. Well, I love it a lot. To do massacres or to just walk around it. It was an awesome little place and almost everything in it is funny.

Because there is a large police presence and you always get a wanted star level when you try to shoot someone. Also no escape routes except water and air when you get into something bad.

Alderney is the most boring one. Rarely visit it but I I do love it's skyway IMO.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 10:04)
Because there is a large police presence and you always get a wanted star level when you try to shoot someone. Also no escape routes except water and air when you get into something bad.

Exactly what I want. A No-Way Out, no rules and a fatal way death match against the layer and the cops. I love it.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 18:08)
QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 10:04)

Exactly what I want. A No-Way Out, no rules and a fatal way death match against the layer and the cops. I love it.

Oh better prepare some massive armor and health and huge stockpile of ammo... moto_whistle.gif That is one hell of a rampage_ani.gif

Mostly I do like high-speed police chases, always driving in some of Algonquin freeways. Were very different partner, different indeed.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Bohan, I can't stand the place as all it does is remind me of either the rather annoying Elizabeta Torres or the moron Manny Escuela.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 12:14)
Bohan, I can't stand the place as all it does is remind me of either the rather annoying Elizabeta Torres or the moron Manny Escuela.

That is why I like parts of Bohan, I miss them. tounge2.gif

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 28 February 2013 - 05:14 PM.

QUOTE (Dollarhide @ Thursday, Feb 14 2013, 20:21)

@ DoubleOG

I beg to differ bro.

Woah, hold on...

You gotta start shootouts but they will shoot back in Acter. And as far as MOB and Holland Hustlers go, we dropped that in my game/universe. Nobody claims MOB/HH no more in my game, it got phased out around 2009 by the East Coast version of GSF/Ballas. The MOB/Holland Hustlers peds are still there, but they claiming GSF/Ballas now along with other peds who never were MOB/HH. Peds at the end of the day are what you make them because this is a sandbox.

The real New York is Bloods and Crips so I switched that, dropped MOB/HH picked up GSF/Ballas. Like Acter used to be mostly M.O.B. now it's mostly Gun Shine Families. Plus MOB and HH were only in two hoods Holland/Broker and had no influence over alot of the city, had no prescence at all in Bohan and Dukes so it made sense for people in other hoods in LC to do their own thing. There was no MOB in Bohan so Sing Sing & Flanger in Bohan came up with 738 Gangster Families in 2001, Tek-Nine Gangster Families came out 2003/2004 in Holland but was small time powerless crew with just a couple dudes living in Wesminster PJs. Joseph Lehman PJ's didnt have MOB either so Lehman Projects flipped to Lust Cash Violence Families in 2005. Gangster Murder Families came out in Schottler in 2006 because they had no MOB/Holland Hustlers there. GSF started in like 3/4 places in the early-mid 00's. Then around 07/08 it became citywide, started moving more into MOB/Holland Hustler areas, phased them out and that's the background history of GSF/Ballas in my game/universe.

I even made a map showing the turf for the 5 biggiest gangs in my universe of LC, Spanish Lords, GSF (green), Ballas (purple), D.D.D./Dominican Drug Dealers (red), and some other Dominican sh*t called Filantropicos (grey) but have had problems posted it on gtaforums so if it dont work go to the direct link.

user posted image
Full Size Link http://oi50.tinypic.com/2e4ksht.jpg

Plus my custom San Andreas map that I created for my SA universe
user posted image
Full Sized Link http://oi49.tinypic.com/29onxtt.jpg

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

@ExtremeLimitations y H.I.M.
How are you guys getting police on Happiness Island? Whenever I go there there's maybe two cops at most, and after that you have to shot helicopters to continue any sort of massacre at all. I think even the peds abandon the island after I kill the initial wave of them.

I imagine Colony Island is pretty good for shootouts though, the only escape being that one road coming in from Algonquin that'd be loaded with police after a couple minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users