Photo

Who's Who In Grand Theft Auto V

46 replies to this topic
GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (InfernoV @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:24)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:20)
QUOTE (InfernoV @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:16)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:10)
QUOTE (InfernoV @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:04)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:01)
QUOTE (InfernoV @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 17:59)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 17:03)
I predict his decision will set off a chain of events that will result in disaster, especially with Trevor working with him. I just don't see it ending pretty for Michael to be honest. His story just has tragedy written all over it.

nervous.gif nervous.gif
But dont forget multiple endings so all of them cant end bad for him. There should be three endings and it ends very bad for each charecter. But this also makes me think rockstar put so much effort into making each charecter unique with there own lifstyle, side missions and activities. They even said the game will feel very different as the three charecters so why would they ruin it by killing off one of them or putting them in jail?

Just think of the ending to Red Dead Redemption.

While I completely understand why John had to die, I just didn't have any kind of relationship with his son. I think now, in GTA V, they are going to build a relationship with all 3 protagonists, so in the end... you as the player has to decide who lives and die... and who ultimately wins the pursuit of the almighty dollar.

Would def. put a spin on things! icon14.gif

The only way michael can win is for him to get rid of his wife becuase she will just keep spending it. But it says he cant because of the witness protection

I honestly don't think Michael is doing it for the money though. I think GI exaggerated when they said Amanda is the reason he's getting back into the criminal life. While the domestic life is most likely the reason he wants to return to his criminal life, I just don't think it's because of money for him. I think it's for the rush. I think Michael has more money than we think... he's just so bored of his new mundane life.

Alot of criminals in witness protection are like this. Take Henry Hill for example. He started dealing drugs again while in the program. Once a criminal, always a criminal. Some leopards can never change their spots... something John Marston had to find out the hard way. I'm glad that Michael is embracing who he is, rather than trying to run from it.

ahaha reminded me of sammy "the bull" gravano
I am also interested to see what becomes of trevor after all the heists and becoming rich, i doubt he will move to rockford hills and buy a mansion like michael.

Guys like Trevor though... they are in it for life. They never want to change, they just want to bask in chaos.

Guys like him are the ones that die bloody. icon14.gif

That leaves franklin and his a tricky one. He can become rich but i dont think his friends will let him change. Like sweet didnt let cj change

I think things will turn out good for Franklin... but who knows. We know he is highly ambitious, so that could be either a good thing, or a bad thing. And by bad thing, I mean greed.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:25)
QUOTE (InfernoV @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:24)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:20)
I predict his decision will set off a chain of events that will result in disaster, especially with Trevor working with him. I just don't see it ending pretty for Michael to be honest. His story just has tragedy written all over it.

nervous.gif nervous.gif
But dont forget multiple endings so all of them cant end bad for him. There should be three endings and it ends very bad for each charecter. But this also makes me think rockstar put so much effort into making each charecter unique with there own lifstyle, side missions and activities. They even said the game will feel very different as the three charecters so why would they ruin it by killing off one of them or putting them in jail?

While I completely understand why John had to die, I just didn't have any kind of relationship with his son. I think now, in GTA V, they are going to build a relationship with all 3 protagonists, so in the end... you as the player has to decide who lives and die... and who ultimately wins the pursuit of the almighty dollar.

The only way michael can win is for him to get rid of his wife becuase she will just keep spending it. But it says he cant because of the witness protection

I honestly don't think Michael is doing it for the money though. I think GI exaggerated when they said Amanda is the reason he's getting back into the criminal life. While the domestic life is most likely the reason he wants to return to his criminal life, I just don't think it's because of money for him. I think it's for the rush. I think Michael has more money than we think... he's just so bored of his new mundane life.

Alot of criminals in witness protection are like this. Take Henry Hill for example. He started dealing drugs again while in the program. Once a criminal, always a criminal. Some leopards can never change their spots... something John Marston had to find out the hard way. I'm glad that Michael is embracing who he is, rather than trying to run from it.

I am also interested to see what becomes of trevor after all the heists and becoming rich, i doubt he will move to rockford hills and buy a mansion like michael.

Guys like Trevor though... they are in it for life. They never want to change, they just want to bask in chaos.

That leaves franklin and his a tricky one. He can become rich but i dont think his friends will let him change. Like sweet didnt let cj change

I think things will turn out good for Franklin... but who knows. We know he is highly ambitious, so that could be either a good thing, or a bad thing. And by bad thing, I mean greed.

I think michael is the one driven by greed, in a preview i forgot which one it was described michael is driven by greed, franklin is driven by ambition, and i forgot trevors i thinks chaos lol

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

@InfernoV: Really? Interesting. I'd love to read that! icon14.gif

However, they could just be exaggerating, like I am. We will know each character's full story in due time. Doesn't hurt to speculate though, given the information we currently have.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:31)

However, they could just be exaggerating, like I am. We will know each character's full story in due time. Doesn't hurt to speculate though, given the information we currently have.

Yep they havent given all the details of the story yet!
But i wanna learn more about this witness protection program, maybe michael is a snitch!?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:56 PM Edited by GTA-King, 20 November 2012 - 07:21 PM.

QUOTE (InfernoV @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:37)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:31)

Yep they havent given all the details of the story yet!
But i wanna learn more about this witness protection program, maybe michael is a snitch!?

He'd have to be in order to get into the program. The real question is, why did he snitch?

http://en.wikipedia....tection_Program

Billy Grey was planning to snitch on his club in order to get into Witness Protection. You see, a guy like him had a choice. He didn't have to snitch... but he did anyway. If Michael is anything like Billy... than we have reason to hate him. If Michael is anything like Henry Hill, who literally had no other choice but to snitch, than we can feel for him.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

I see Michael as the MAIN protagonist.

1. He was the narrator of the first trailer.
2. He's most likely going to be the one to get Trevor and Franklin together to do the heists, so in that sense, he's the central character, while Trevor and Franklin are secondary.

That's how I see it anyway. Nothing in the game would happen if it wasn't for Michael's boredom, and desire to get back into the criminal underworld. I predict his decision will set off a chain of events (like Walter White's decision to cook meth in Breaking Bad) that will result in disaster, especially with Trevor working with him. I just don't see it ending pretty for Michael to be honest. His story just has tragedy written all over it.

I really hope that's not the case, I hope all of them are equally central and important to the story.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:34 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 20 November 2012 - 09:59 PM.

Audra!? Jesus what a typo.. considering the "R" and "U" keys aren't even close to any of the letters in AMANDA wow.gif

It appears to me that the three protagonists are intended to be representitive of the three fundemental components of the human psyche (the id, the ego and the super ego). Franklin appears to be a man with a strong ego who thinks of the long term benefits of his actions and does things that will be the most rewarding to him despite how ethical these actions may be and Trevor is a man driven primarily by the primative id and like all psychopaths is lacking of the moral super ego which is why he depends on Michael (representative of the super ego) who strikes a balance between him and the over logical Franklin. This also fits well with the player's differing play styles and personalities.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 21:34)
Audra!? Jesus what a typo.. considering the "R" and "U" keys aren't even close to any of the letters in AMANDA wow.gif

It appears to me that the three protagonists are intended to be representitive of the three fundemental components of the human psyche (the id, the ego and the super ego). Franklin appears to be a man with a strong ego who thinks of the long term benefits of his actions and does things that will be the most rewarding to him despite how ethical these actions may be and Trevor is a man driven primarily by the primative id and like all psychopaths is lacking of the moral super ego which is why he depends on Michael (representative of the super ego) who strikes a balance between him and the over logical Franklin. This also fits well with the player's differing play styles and personalities.

Well in that case, I am going to have to go with Michael, because I've been told countless times that I have a big ego.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 23:08)
Audra!? Jesus what a typo.. considering the "R" and "U" keys aren't even close to any of the letters in AMANDA  wow.gif

Well in that case, I am going to have to go with Michael, because I've been told countless times that I have a big ego.

Not sure if that was a joke or you totally misunderstood my comment mercie_blink.gif

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 12:20)

nervous.gif nervous.gif

I see Trevor the same way I see Joker.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn".

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 23:57)
Audra!? Jesus what a typo.. considering the "R" and "U" keys aren't even close to any of the letters in AMANDA  wow.gif

Not sure if that was a joke or you totally misunderstood my comment mercie_blink.gif

From what I understand, you are implying that the player will better relate to the protagonist that shares the same personality.

I have a big ego, so therefore I can better relate to Michael. That IS what you're saying right? monocle.gif

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Big Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Maybe she's called Audra Amanda or Amanda Audra.

Or not (as always).

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Thursday, Nov 22 2012, 03:18)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 23:57)

From what I understand, you are implying that the player will better relate to the protagonist that shares the same personality.

I have a big ego, so therefore I can better relate to Michael. That IS what you're saying right? monocle.gif

Yes but you're using ego in the wrong context. Your talking about having a big ego in terems of having a lot of self confidence whereas I'm talking about ego in the Freudian sense.

Here's a link which explains the theory in possibly better terms: http://en.wikipedia....o_and_super-ego

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

I don't know. To me the three protagonists represent the three types we've seen in the main Grand Theft Auto storyline throughout every game.

We have Trevor who seems to mirror the psychotic and cold-blooded killers that Claude and Tommy were.
Then there is Franklin, the younger protagonist with ambition. The all-around guy, the "Jack of all aces." He has the most options gameplay wise, so I see him as "CJ" - metaphorically of course.
Last but not least we have Micheal. The older protagonist, more serious and mature. He's the one with the serious life-style and story, possibly even dark - resembling what we had with Niko in IV.

So we are given three protagonists; three different themes and personalities to play with that we have grown used to through the years.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 02:23)

I don't know. To me the three protagonists represent the three types we've seen in the main Grand Theft Auto storyline throughout every game.

We have Trevor who seems to mirror the psychotic and cold-blooded killers that Claude and Tommy were.
Then there is Franklin, the younger protagonist with ambition. The all-around guy, the "Jack of all aces." He has the most options gameplay wise, so I see him as "CJ" - metaphorically of course.
Last but not least we have Micheal. The older protagonist, more serious and mature. He's the one with the serious life-style and story, possibly even dark - resembling what we had with Niko in IV.

So we are given three protagonists; three different themes and personalities to play with that we have grown used to through the years.

This could also be the case yes. It's kinda crazy how obsessed Rockstar are with making interconnected storylines.. they've essentially been doing it since GTA III. They should really just go the whole hog and stick the IV Trinity in V.. they probably will too, in some form at least.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

At the very least we'll probably only get a reference or mentioning of those events that took place in Liberty City.

cggc93
  • cggc93

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 16:35)
QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 16:16)
Didn't we read this already last week?

Pretty sure we did, not sure where all these people have been.

DAMN IT, we were busy having a life, you sucker. I really feel sorry for most guys on this forum, your world seems to move around a f*cking videogame and the news you can get everyday about it.. I sugest you go out and get make friends, get a girlfriend, study, DO something. That's what I - and I'm "sure all these people" too - have been doing lately. sh*t confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users