Quantcast

» «
Photo

Concept: All Buildings have interiors

10 replies to this topic
Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

What if every single building in the game had an interactive interior? Would that not make the game at least 2X better than it already is? Think about it. Every building having something to do and something to explore. Wouldn't that be awesome? Well, let's cut to the chase. I've seen what graphics modders have done with the graphics and what coders can do with trainers (heavy rain in GTA IV). So, I think you magnificent people can make it work.

Then I'll probably watch a video of it on youtube because I can't get mods on a 360 and my computer struggles with modern flash games.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

so...youre requesting a near-impossible mod that you cant even play on your computer?

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 03:45)
so...youre requesting a near-impossible mod that you cant even play on your computer?

Basically yes. I probably can't run GTA IV on here, let alone ENB mods, but I still watch a lot of ENB and icenhancer videos on youtube simply because they look so damn nice.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 14:49)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 03:45)
so...youre requesting  a near-impossible mod that you cant even play on your computer?

Basically yes. I probably can't run GTA IV on here, let alone ENB mods, but I still watch a lot of ENB and icenhancer videos on youtube simply because they look so damn nice.

thats kinda silly, though confused.gif

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:52 AM Edited by Limiter, 24 November 2012 - 08:55 AM.

Sorry to have to bring this bad news, but it is actually impossible... blush.gif

There are limits in GTA IV. And part of that limit is portals. Those are required to make the interior into MLO which will make them 'behave' like actual interior.

Unless you add the interior in and don't mind that the lighting inside behave like the exterior. But even then, the amount of work needed is basically equivalent to modelling an entire new city considering furniture, lights, other props. ect. (also consider this, buildings have multiple floor, and if each one is to look unique in some ways, one building will contain so many detailed floors that might even surpass the calibur of multiple blocks in a city. Rockstar already needs a large team to create the cities and still need a few years to get it done. I doubt anybody could get something like this done in IV.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 10:52)
Sorry to have to bring this bad news, but it is actually impossible... blush.gif

There are limits in GTA IV. And part of that limit is portals. Those are required to make the interior into MLO which will make them 'behave' like actual interior.

Unless you add the interior in and don't mind that the lighting inside behave like the exterior. But even then, the amount of work needed is basically equivalent to modelling an entire new city considering furniture, lights, other props. ect. (also consider this, buildings have multiple floor, and if each one is to look unique in some ways, one building will contain so many detailed floors that might even surpass the calibur of multiple blocks in a city. Rockstar already needs a large team to create the cities and still need a few years to get it done. I doubt anybody could get something like this done in IV.

Sure, but you could use TCYC (WPL) zone for them when you reach the limit of interiors

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

I am not sure this would work,

GTA IV has TCYC limit. So far, I have not been able to add more than one TCYC in whithout the game crashing. Both are working TCYC that have been individually tested and works individually but not together.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 09:52)
... But even then, the amount of work needed is basically equivalent to modelling an entire new city considering furniture, lights, other props. ect. (also consider this, buildings have multiple floor, and if each one is to look unique in some ways, one building will contain so many detailed floors that might even surpass the calibur of multiple blocks in a city. Rockstar already needs a large team to create the cities and still need a few years to get it done. I doubt anybody could get something like this done in IV.

agreed such feature would be great but man i just can't imagine of catastrophic it will be for fps biggrin.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

There is a home invasion script mod that simulates every door being enterable. It really just teliports you to an existing interior.

MenuET
  • MenuET

Maxscript Modeler

• Feroci Racing
  • Panama

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

already thinked on that possibility, for IV:MP RP experience(lack of interiors, cant compete with SA)
unfortunatelly i dont want to compromise myself with thaf

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

One interior that I think Liberty City is missing is the interior to Grand Eastern Terminal (right by the GetaLife Building). The fancy train station lobby isn't put in on IV. Its a important interior in NY in my opinion and I was disapointed that it wasn't in the game. Second interior, not as much as the first, that I wish the game had was the airport interior. Those are the two interiors that the game was really missing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users