Photo

'PC version is delayed purposely' my theory

183 replies to this topic
japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (PlaystationGamer266 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 15:06)
PC gamers will just pirate the game, so rockstar will force them to wait, it's all apart of the plan

suicidal.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Also, just speaking, how many of you PC MASTER RACE guys actually BOUGHT Max Payne 3 in the first week? Max Payne 3 was where Rockstar pushed the boat out for PC players and again, I bet most of you acted like little kids "LOL MAX GAYNE" which statistic wise, just shows Rockstar that doing an early PC release that no one buys it.

5000 Staples
  • 5000 Staples

Skadooooosh

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (faizanali @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 17:01)
QUOTE (5000 Staples @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 16:59)
I'm sorry but lets not compare exclusive games to multiplatform games.
go view the sale figures of multiplatform games and come back.

What about Borderlands 2 then? You just have to accept that SOME Games are more sold ON PC, And some on X360!

Lets be 100% honest here... I think we now live in a generation where you can't just have one console in the house.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (5000 Staples @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 18:59)
I'm sorry but lets not compare exclusive games to multiplatform games.

go view the sale figures of multiplatform games and come back.

GTA being delayed as much as it usually is on PC it's practically a console exclusive.
Those numbers sounds perfectly valid to me.

faizanali
  • faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 17:25)
Also, just speaking, how many of you PC MASTER RACE guys actually BOUGHT Max Payne 3 in the first week? Max Payne 3 was where Rockstar pushed the boat out for PC players and again, I bet most of you acted like little kids "LOL MAX GAYNE" which statistic wise, just shows Rockstar that doing an early PC release that no one buys it.

I bet your joking, I bought it along with my other friends on STEAM, It was the Console haters who wanted V and lost another Masterpiece by R*.

PaYnE18
  • PaYnE18

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 11:25)

Do you use Steam? I bought Max Payne 3 in the first week,just look at my name and you will know why,MP 3 was a TOP seller in Steam for like a month and I know that because I use Steam alot,there is also a source that I read,that MP 3 was a top seller on retail boxes too.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

If you bought it, good, you're doing your part, which is a lot more than the whiners this forum has!

coolsamme
  • coolsamme

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

OMG ITS EASIER TO PIRATE GAMES TO CONSOLES YOU NOOBS

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 19:25)

Why should anyone purchase a game he doesn't fancy? MP3 sold badly even on consoles; your argument is as retarded as you are, sorry to have to say that.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm not a 'PC MASTER RACE guy' (LMAO) but I'm a PC gamer so I'll answer that question. According to vgchartz Max Payne 3 sold 1.11 million copies on XBox 360, 1.07 million copies on Playstation 3 and 0.21 million copies on PC. It seems that the PC version didn't sell well but the PC-consoles-sales-ratio is a lot better than the one of GTA IV and digital sales aren't even considered. Max Payne 3 was for a few weeks after the release number one of the Steam Charts so it didn't sell all too bad I think. But I don't know if that comparison is really fair because the game didn't even sell well on consoles.

faizanali
  • faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

LOL at the Consolites saying PIRATES OOOO LOOCK AAAT AMEEE IMOO NUUU PYRATE
Current Players| |Peak Today| |Game
user posted image
This is just of the players playing the GAME right now, This is not about who bought the game.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 17:35)

Why should anyone purchase a game he doesn't fancy? MP3 sold badly even on consoles; your argument is as retarded as you are, sorry to have to say that.

So when Rockstar turned around and said they've put a lot of effort into Max Payne 3 on PC and will be using it to judge close releases.

You didn't do anything because the game wasn't to your fancy? What kind of PC MASTER RACE gamer are you? You're suppose to show support to developers who DO go the extra mile for the PC version, if you don't, then you forfeit the right to bitch about the company when they chose to hold back the PC version next time!

You're the worst kind of PC GAMER there is, all you do is bitch about companies and refuse to buy games even when companies DO a good PC version and then you bitcch some more when they hold the PC version back. You're part of the problem, so shut up.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Max Payne 3 sold poorly on all platforms and actually PC version outsold each console, if not both.

And nobody cares about another CoD. It's only console kiddies are still getting that s**t cause they don't know better games. PC gamers save money on s**t games like CoD BO2 and spend them instead on great games like Portal 2, BFBC2, MP3, TES5, Deus Ex 3 and etc. - games that sold better on PC.

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:49 PM Edited by CTCCoco, 19 November 2012 - 05:51 PM.

If I dont like the game I wont buy it. Im not rich like you. I can barely buy 1 30 or even 60 game every 5 months or 6 months so I have to choose it VERY wisely. So please, shut the f*ck up.

trackmania
  • trackmania

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

There's no point in making theories. There's no point in making complaints. Or hopes. Or analysis. It's ALWAYS BEEN THE SAME WAY. The reasons have ALWAYS BEEN THE SAME. They can only be unknown to someone who is very, VERY new to this whole videogame thingy.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 19:40)
What kind of PC MASTER RACE gamer are you?

I have to earn my money and pay my and family's way through life. That's not easy to do and 50 fills my gas tank. Yes, I will choose carefully the games I'll purchase and play.

Please do not address me anymore, I feel almost insulted by your very presence here.

faizanali
  • faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 17:57)

I have to earn my money and pay my and family's way through life. That's not easy to do and 50 fills my gas tank. Yes, I will choose carefully the games I'll purchase and play.

Please do not address me anymore, I feel almost insulted by your very presence here.

icon14.gif

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Just had a read through some of these posts. "Boy, that escalated quickly."

Let's try and cool things down a bit on here. It seems like there's a lot of tension going on between some members that's going back and forth. We can all disagree on things but no need to start such heated arguments smile.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Wow you are taking that elitism to the next level, even arguing with other PC gamers now, good for you, feel insulted but at the end of the day, I supported the company when they released a game on the PC, you didn't, sorry that I appear to have a job where I have free cash to spend on things.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

If some people took a pause and thought for a second before posting, things would be dandy.

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 18:07)

Wow you are taking that elitism to the next level, even arguing with other PC gamers now, good for you, feel insulted but at the end of the day, I supported the company when they released a game on the PC, you didn't, sorry that I appear to have a job where I have free cash to spend on things.

user posted image

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

I get his point, he doesn't like the game so why should he buy it, fair enough, but for someone who bitches a lot about companies over PC versions of their games, for someone who's even made a wall chart of Developers who suck now and have become console Whores, etc. I'd expect them to put their money where their mouth is. It's easy to bitch on a forum and feel entitled, but that never works. I to want a PC Version of GTA V and i to REALLY want it to have the same amount of effort that Max Payne 3 had, you know what I did, I bought the game, and even purchased the game and gifted it to a few friends. I regret buying the Rockstar Pass because they screwed that up loads, but the single Player and the amount of effort they put into the PC version, they deserve the cash for that, and I will support them on that by buying the game. I even bought L.A.Noire on PC despite me thinking it's a pretty average game when I went through it on the PS3, just to show my support that a PC version DOES sell.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I wanted GTAIV. You know what I did? I bought it, full price, in December 2008.
I wanted EFCL. You know what I did? I bought it, again delayed, on Steam.
I want GTAV. I'll buy it, probably.

I didn't want MP3
I still don't want it
I will not buy it on 90% discount
I will not pirate it nor borrow it from a friend
I'm not interested in that product, if mother of god herself participated in the development I still wouldn't give a crap. I'm not interested in that product.

Go and purchase some more games you don't need better yet, purchase 10 licenses for each R* game ever made. And demand to pay the full price, maybe that way you'll get even a higher horse to stomp the peasants.

You're so goddamn disgusting I need to take a rest.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Im no genius but I honestly think that is simply has to do with resources... Max Payne sold very well on PC. I think it just takes alot more resources to get the game developed for PC at the same time as the other consoles.

They want to get the game on the shelves ASAP. From a business perspective it makes more sense to release the game in April for consoles and then 6 months later release PC rather than hold back a release all together for a possible 6 months

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 18:16)
I get his point, he doesn't like the game so why should he buy it, fair enough, but for someone who bitches a lot about companies over PC versions of their games, for someone who's even made a wall chart of Developers who suck now and have become console Whores, etc. I'd expect them to put their money where their mouth is. It's easy to bitch on a forum and feel entitled, but that never works. I to want a PC Version of GTA V and i to REALLY want it to have the same amount of effort that Max Payne 3 had, you know what I did, I bought the game, and even purchased the game and gifted it to a few friends. I regret buying the Rockstar Pass because they screwed that up loads, but the single Player and the amount of effort they put into the PC version, they deserve the cash for that, and I will support them on that by buying the game. I even bought L.A.Noire on PC despite me thinking it's a pretty average game when I went through it on the PS3, just to show my support that a PC version DOES sell.

If you have the money, great, but if you have to choose 1 game every 6 months like me tell me if you will do that.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 18:26)
maybe that way you'll get even a higher horse to stomp the peasants.

You say I'm on a high horse yet you're the one resorting to personal insults:

your argument is as retarded as you are, sorry to have to say that.

I feel almost insulted by your very presence here.

You're so goddamn disgusting I need to take a rest.

Which is funny, I've not once resorted to direct insults to anyone in this thread, you're the one doing that.

ayushisrocking
  • ayushisrocking

Winning!

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 23:46)
I to want a PC Version of GTA V and i to REALLY want it to have the same amount of effort that Max Payne 3 had, you know what I did, I bought the game, and even purchased the game and gifted it to a few friends. I regret buying the Rockstar Pass because they screwed that up loads, but the single Player and the amount of effort they put into the PC version, they deserve the cash for that, and I will support them on that by buying the game. I even bought L.A.Noire on PC despite me thinking it's a pretty average game when I went through it on the PS3, just to show my support that a PC version DOES sell.

you sir, deserve a cookie cookie.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

OT: It's sort of obvious.
However, 'Perhaps now, things will be different'.Who knows? the PC version could end up being released in the month of June(in case it comes out for consoles in March). If that's the case, then imma pre-order two copies (One for a giveaway on my website tounge2.gif and one for myself , just to show the sort of support R* can get from PC gamers when they do things right. I have to say, MP3 was one of the best-optimized PC games ever, and needless to say, one of the most near-perfect games ever. Let's just hope for the best.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

People pirateing GTA V when it's released on the PC are total assholes, and does not deserve to call themself GTA fans.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 18:26)
I didn't want MP3
I still don't want it
I will not buy it on 90% discount

IDK, i didn't want max gayne either, but i saw the wal-mart black friday ad had the game listed for $15. wow.gif it's almost disposable at $15!

i might be gayning it up by the end of the week. lol.gif

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

It is very hard to pirate games on PlayStation as Sony always blocks it from working and you need 3rd party mods also Sony permanently bans the accounts that are on that PlayStation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users