Photo

Cargo plane in trailer 2

18 replies to this topic
cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'm curious whether the cargo plane in trailer 2 (in which you see someone drive out of in a jeep, and then parachute) would actually be flyable? Or whether it would just be a cut scene from a mission, in which you have no control?

I'm not sure why, but I've just been getting the impression that it will only be smallish planes, no bigger than a Learjet. Perhaps because the map is only one city and surrounding countryside, rather than several cities, with several large airports. I wasn't expecting large cargo planes, or passenger airliners.

But hopefully I'm wrong? Opinions?

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

GTA:SA had an Airbus-style airliner that was flyable along with a DC-3 style cargo plane... I'd hope that they'd make a return in V.

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:49 PM Edited by Cyberzone2, 18 November 2012 - 03:20 PM.

There is a list for Max Payne 3 vehicle.

They had a name called " Androm" in a heli/jet list which means andromeda from GTA SA .

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (TenEightyOne @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 14:49)
GTA:SA had an Airbus-style airliner that was flyable along with a DC-3 style cargo plane... I'd hope that they'd make a return in V.

Yeah I would really hope for that too. But I'm just doubtful because there aren't 3 big airports this time

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (cheetah_7 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 14:51)

Yeah I would really hope for that too. But I'm just doubtful because there aren't 3 big airports this time

There are multiple airport in LA.

The Unknown Man
  • The Unknown Man

All you maggots smoking fags out there on Hollywood Boulevard

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

GTA:SA had an Airbus-style airliner that was flyable

It was a Boeing 737.

sivaG
  • sivaG

Shetland Pony

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (cheetah_7 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 14:47)
I'm curious whether the cargo plane in trailer 2 (in which you see someone drive out of in a jeep, and then parachute) would actually be flyable? Or whether it would just be a cut scene from a mission, in which you have no control?

I'm not sure why, but I've just been getting the impression that it will only be smallish planes, no bigger than a Learjet. Perhaps because the map is only one city and surrounding countryside, rather than several cities, with several large airports. I wasn't expecting large cargo planes, or passenger airliners.

But hopefully I'm wrong? Opinions?

I hope it would be flyable and that someone isTrevor. smile.gif

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (The Unknown Man @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 14:53)

It was a Boeing 737.

Fair enough - I think because it was the "AT-400 Airtrain" I just made the association with Airbus based on memory rather than looks wink.gif

On the subject of airstrips... we're pretty sure there'll be a big "LAX" airport, we also know there's a large strip out in the desert because we see it in the Jeep-out-of-the-cargo-plane screenshot.

I think we've definitely got the airports required for large jets wink.gif

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (TenEightyOne @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 15:08)
QUOTE (The Unknown Man @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 14:53)

It was a Boeing 737.

Fair enough - I think because it was the "AT-400 Airtrain" I just made the association with Airbus based on memory rather than looks wink.gif

On the subject of airstrips... we're pretty sure there'll be a big "LAX" airport, we also know there's a large strip out in the desert because we see it in the Jeep-out-of-the-cargo-plane screenshot.

I think we've definitely got the airports required for large jets wink.gif

We also see Trevor taking off from an airstrip in the red 'Cuban' plane (unless it's the same one seen from the air).

Ever since SA I've hoped for a flyable & loadable cargo plane, with the ability to open the rear doors & dumping said cargo. I can imagine it'll be a bitch to fly with the more realistic physics.

sesamtamam
  • sesamtamam

Cu*t

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

It would piss me off so much if the smaller planes only are flyable. I mean cmon. GTA SA had it. GTA IV shouldīve had it but the lack of the size of the map made them do the big planes unflyable. Now, GTA V is 5-6 times bigger than GTA IVs map. SO, if they decide to not make the passenger planes flyable, they canīt blame it on the map size.

The only reason to not make them flyable is so that we canīt fly in to buldings recreating 9/11. But why? Because weīll kill thousands of people on the street anayway... devil.gif sarcasm.gif sigh.gif

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

I never actually heard the 11-9 argument from R* themselves, I think it was only theorised by the fans.

You're quite right, of course, in a good afternoon on the streets I'll wipe out a lot more people than I would flying a jet with one person aboard into a building that's really just an unoccupied square block biggrin.gif

DerekCoaker
  • DerekCoaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Whenever I go back to play San Andreas, I make a straight shot to the big hangar, It was a pain just getting that thing out of there.

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (MrKovac @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 15:18)
It would piss me off so much if the smaller planes only are flyable. I mean cmon. GTA SA had it. GTA IV shouldīve had it but the lack of the size of the map made them do the big planes unflyable. Now, GTA V is 5-6 times bigger than GTA IVs map. SO, if they decide to not make the passenger planes flyable, they canīt blame it on the map size.

The only reason to not make them flyable is so that we canīt fly in to buldings recreating 9/11. But why? Because weīll kill thousands of people on the street anayway... devil.gif sarcasm.gif sigh.gif

I dont I think it would be because of the map size, it would be more because of the map scale in my opinion. San Andreas (whilst smaller) was still an entire state, so the concept of flying larger planes was more plausible. But V is only one city and the surrounding areas, so having large planes that are intended to fly long distances, might be inappropriate, in the opinion of R*

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (DerekCoaker @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 15:25)
Whenever I go back to play San Andreas, I make a straight shot to the big hangar, It was a pain just getting that thing out of there.

That's what made it so fun, it was just ridiculously big.

The only reason I can think of for them not putting it in. It might be an absolute nightmare to program & make the handling feel 'right' & realistic but fun.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 15:32)
The only reason I can think of for them not putting it in. It might be an absolute nightmare to program & make the handling feel 'right' & realistic but fun.

All you need to change really is the sensitivity of the handling response, the physics is pretty much the same.

It's like the physics modelling for vehicles, you just alter certain attributes to get the 'feel' you're after.

The Unknown Man
  • The Unknown Man

All you maggots smoking fags out there on Hollywood Boulevard

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

In SA it was just ridiculously stupid when the AT-400 needed about 10 meters of runway to takeoff.

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Definitely driveable. It may even be the one from MP3 pictures, on the upper right.

user posted image

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Ik hope we can transport cars in it. But I doubt it.

FIVEChamp
  • FIVEChamp

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

The cargo plane in GTA V is one of the largest aircrafts in the series and I know for a fact that you will be able to fly it, let me explain why past the obviouse screen of trevor in the cockpit of it.

Firstly the military base is going to have a runway as seen in the preview the plane taking off now that means it will be parked there when not flying, now we see a screen where trevor is in the cockpit of a Antonov looking plane, in the trailer we see him driving out the back of the same plane in a military jeep enforcing the fact that it is the military cargo plane then we see an other screen of someone who isnt trevor skydiving from the same plane (which has the engine design of a B-52 bomber) and why would Rockstar put so much detail and effort into a plane that isnt flyable or only for a few missions. I think it will be much like this:
You go to the military base in either free roam or mission and it will be parked on the runway with the rear cargo door open, then you just walk up into the cargo bay where their will be a military jeep parked in there by default but you can drive other vehicles in if you want, to fly it while in the cargo bay there is a ladder/stairs that you climb and enter the cockpit then just hit Y to fly while flying you can control both the landing gear and the rear door. One more thing Ill add is the fact that if you can fly a military fighter jet and a blimp Its quite obvious the plane is too, now the real question is will the cargo plane be in multiplayer also or only single player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users