Photo

Nostalgia from your childhood

264 replies to this topic
Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

I used to love that song, too, lzw3! I remember liking it because my age was the number 5 too.

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Some of the songs that stick in my mind from my early childhood:

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

dat was mad tekkers bruh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Where I'm from, this was played everywhere during my childhood.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

1. crash bandicoot
2. Monster truck VHS tapes.
3. the smell of gasoline and other vehicle fluids. ( my father and uncle had their own towing and repair business and often came home smelling of those fluids )
4. SEGA
will post more of them in future.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:53 AM Edited by Los Santos Pedestrian, 18 November 2012 - 02:57 AM.

user posted image

I'm sure no one else here has heard of this game called Road Trip. It's from 2002 and was ported to North America and Europe from Japan; this is evident since parts of it are based on Japanese artwork, people drive on the left, and text in places looks like it was thrown in Google Translate. High points are a very limited but great soundtrack in my opinion, a massive map that's at least twice the size of San Andreas, several classic cars including the Ferrari Testarossa, Datsun/Nissan 240Z and Toyota 2000GT, and plenty of things to do and places to visit. It's an adventure game, after all. I used to play this game for ages when I was below the age of 7; I just finished the game for the first time as well, which took about a week. It's a huge, and maybe even classic game, and I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention.

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:01 AM Edited by roman bellics brain, 18 November 2012 - 03:08 AM.

user posted image

Most Badass Pokemon ever. My dream is for them to make a pokemon game on ps3/360 just like it was on the gameboy. Only difference it would be an open world game like grand theft auto.

Just imagine walking around this 3D world with pokemon all over the place. You would still have to collect the 10 badges and train you're pokemon. It would be insane. You're just walking along and this pokemon wants to fight you. smile.gif

That would be the greatest game of all time.

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5™

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

pixar films
pikachu - and roman bellic's brain, the smartest thing you have ever said
doom
tomb raider
spiderman

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

user posted image

All songs from the Linkin Park Minutes to Midnight album. I associate those songs with the many days that I listened to the radio during what is widely agreed to be the worst winter in the history of Southern Ontario in terms of snow. It may sound odd, but I often associate those songs with cold, snowy winter nights at that time of the year when the sun goes down at 4:00 in the afternoon.

I can literally count at least 5 days in which I didn't feel like bothering going to school, the building of which was actually situated almost directly across the street from my house. I little thing about bus cancellations in Canada is that whenever the situation escalates to the point when that has to happen due to liability purposes, the sh*t hits the fan and less than 10% of the school population actually bothers showing up because the teachers never bother actually doing anything in unusually sparse classrooms. In extraordinary cases, they actually go as far as to close schools entirely, but this is more common in cities on the south shores of the Great Lakes (i.e. Buffalo, Rochester, Erie and Cleveland).

Somewhat on topic: Snow Without End: The Long, Brutal Winter of 2007

Looking back at La Niña: 2007 / 2008

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Thanks for reminding me MIKON8R. icon14.gif

THIS!

user posted image

f*ck how could I forget this amazing album, probably listened to this album more than anything else. cool.gif

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:19 AM Edited by roman bellics brain, 18 November 2012 - 03:22 AM.

I liked linkin park before Minutes to Midnight . I just didnt like their style after that. I allways refer to it as ''transformers'' music. Because they started going more mainstream after that. Not that theirs anything wrong with that

I still like hearing their songs on the radio but im in no hurry to listen to a whole cd.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

The winters of 2007-2008 can be summed up into the following divisions:
*A really bad winter.
*A really wet summer.
*Another really bad winter.
*A year which as a whole broke all time precipitation records.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (MIKON8ERISBACK @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 13:22)
*A really bad winter.

- Said every Canadian.

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

user posted image

Digimon

I really enjoyed this show. Granted after season 2 every season got a little worse but i still got alot of enjoyment out off it.

The first two seasons were epic. 3/4 were good aswell but it started going downhill around that time.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 22:28)
QUOTE (MIKON8ERISBACK @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 13:22)
*A really bad winter.

- Said every Canadian.

These were two of the worst winters in recent history in terms of snow. Probably not in terms of cold, as Southern Ontario is somewhat mild and moderate compared to the rest of Canada.

Let's get back on topic and stop dissing Canadian complaints about the weather, as last winter was the warmest on record with literally no lasting snow and a record heat wave bringing temperatures up into the mid teens in January and up to 25 degrees Celsius in March.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

SMB 3 was the sh*t, hours spent playing that.

Tsar_Smirnoff
  • Tsar_Smirnoff

Daft Suburbanite

• The Connection

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

I remember seeing this screensaver all the time at elementary school back in the Windows 95 era:
user posted image

I used to steal this cassette from my older sister and listen to it while swinging in the backyard (that was about 1995 or 1996 I guess):
user posted image

I remember all of my friends had "Street Sharks" toys when I was little....I think I was still more interested in "Mighty Max" at the time:
user posted image

This commercial used to come on all the time in the early 90's....almost as much as "Crossfire" honestly:

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 22:37)
user posted image

Digimon

I really enjoyed this show. Granted after season 2 every season got a little worse but i still got alot of enjoyment out off it.

The first two seasons were epic. 3/4 were good aswell but it started going downhill around that time.

I never watched digimon, actually I actively avoided them in favor of Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh. Couldn't catch three different shows on Toonami, and manage to finish homework at that age. tounge2.gif

Regardless of whether I watched it or not, any mention of the original digimon series, or any pictures of first digi-form(?) digimon always manage to make me feel a little nostalgic.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Aww sheeeiiit I just nostalgia'd all over the couch.

The LOng VErSION! I remember so many days where it would freeze around 0:09, I think every that ever owned one remembers it.

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

Religion! ... Cause of Peace & War.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 10:32)
QUOTE (roman bellics brain @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 22:37)
user posted image

Digimon

I never watched digimon, actually I actively avoided them in favor of Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh. Couldn't catch three different shows on Toonami, and manage to finish homework at that age. tounge2.gif

Regardless of whether I watched it or not, any mention of the original digimon series, or any pictures of first digi-form(?) digimon always manage to make me feel a little nostalgic.

I used to love Digimon & Pokemon, honestly the first season of Digimon was the best, i loved it but after that it went downhill.

Anyone else remember the Episode in which Ash leaves Charizard at some valley, I used to think of it as one of the best episodes another favorite being the one in which this statue of a girl is shown as haunted, the girl was waiting for her lover and died waiting, anyone remember that episode, I remember being scared while watching it haha.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Watching Pokemon Indigo League
Playing PS1 and PS2
Watching Dragon Ball Z (Even if I dislike it now)
Watching basically anything from Cartoon Network from 2000-2004.

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 08:25)

The LOng VErSION! I remember so many days where it would freeze around 0:09, I think every that ever owned one remembers it.

DAMN that just got to me too biggrin.gif

EvilEmperorZoRG
  • EvilEmperorZoRG

Central Macedonia-Thessaloniki/Greece

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 07:25)

The above and bellow!

So many great memories!!! Also besides from consoles this

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (EvilEmperorZoRG @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 11:41)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 07:25)

The above and bellow!

So many great memories!!! Also besides from consoles this

Windows ME was my first operating system biggrin.gif Man what a rig i used to have, 8GB harddrive! Remember trying to save space by saving as much stuff on as many floppy disks as i could. Good days.

wolfy boy
  • wolfy boy

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 08:25)

this and these (and the guy that says grand theft auto at the start)

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

If you can't laugh, you might as well cry.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

A small segment of my childhood TV viewing time right there (among many many many other shows).

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Playing all of the above with my Brother. It's really sh*tty that he's moved out now and I always think of the times when we would just spend hours on these causing havoc. sad.gif

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

I get nostalgic when I hear these records:

Carcass "Reek Of Putrefaction"

Napalm Death "Harmony Corruption"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0LzUhn01hc&feature=related

Terrorizer "World Downfall"

Hearing these records back in the day were revelatory for I.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

No Legos?!? That was my childhood. One part of my basement was Star Wars and another had a pretty big city. I still wish I can get back into them but I might be a little too old.

Also Spyro 1-3 on the Playstation.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:45 AM Edited by GTA-King, 19 November 2012 - 01:47 AM.

user posted image

I would watch this all the time as a kid.

Also, this song. Loved it! I literally nostalged all over myself just now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users