Photo

IGN - Dan Houser Interview

116 replies to this topic
CaptainMunchTooEat
  • CaptainMunchTooEat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (kasa @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 07:08)
why is everybody so focussed on packie? its much more logical if Sweet, Ceaser of even CJ make a return!

It doesn't make any sense at all considering those characters are from GTA III era and set in a different universe. It's done. Done and gone. Get over it. They won't appear back in GTA V.

donconjo
  • donconjo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

A lot of planning for the heist...so many small mission will lead to 1 of the big 6 heists smile.gif

Meekail
  • Meekail

Space Invader

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Same stuff again...WASTE OF TIME.

TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 07:20)
QUOTE (TheWetPartoftheArm @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 04:11)
"A valid criticism of GTA IV is that there wasn't enough to do with money at the end of the game. We are definitely going to have a very vibrant and fun economy, from earlier in the game to after you've completed everything."

- GI interview.

"One of the criticisms that I thought was valid in GTA IV was we didn't give you enough stuff to spend money on, given all the ways you could raise it. We want a lot of toys you can engage with at all points in the story. Using it in all different ways. Having a more vibrant economy and a sense that the reason these people are doing this stuff, at least on some level, is financially driven."

- IGN interview.

"I don't think we were necessarily addressing any criticisms from IV. We just wanted to make a different game from IV. IV was great."

- IGN interview.

Hmm.

He acknowledged a criticism he felt was actually valid.

He said they weren't addressing any criticisms.

TheFIREFLY
  • TheFIREFLY

Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

A waste of time reading, literally everything we knew.

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

disappointing as expected from IGN

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (TheWetPartoftheArm @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 08:45)
QUOTE (Linki @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 07:20)
QUOTE (TheWetPartoftheArm @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 04:11)
"A valid criticism of GTA IV is that there wasn't enough to do with money at the end of the game. We are definitely going to have a very vibrant and fun economy, from earlier in the game to after you've completed everything."

- GI interview.

"One of the criticisms that I thought was valid in GTA IV was we didn't give you enough stuff to spend money on, given all the ways you could raise it. We want a lot of toys you can engage with at all points in the story. Using it in all different ways. Having a more vibrant economy and a sense that the reason these people are doing this stuff, at least on some level, is financially driven."

- IGN interview.

"I don't think we were necessarily addressing any criticisms from IV. We just wanted to make a different game from IV. IV was great."

- IGN interview.

Hmm.

He acknowledged a criticism he felt was actually valid.

He said they weren't addressing any criticisms.

Basically they are trying to say:

"We don't listen to or address criticisms, we just make games that we think is fun. Any criticism that appears to be addressed is purely coincidental and was an internal choice we made at R*, not because we listen to what the fans want."

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (RastaMentality @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 03:48)
Wow. They asked the worst questions out of everyone. Why the hell ask why there's new characters or why it's not gonna be on Kinect?

It's not like they can just ask anything, and Dan has to answer. That's also why you see a lot of the questions repeating, or the same things being said between the interviews. This is what info Rockstar are willing to share at this point.

Mpower
  • Mpower

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Well what now after this week ? Wait 1 or 2 months for new infos ?

Romans Cousin Niko
  • Romans Cousin Niko

Troll Patrol

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:51 AM Edited by Romans Cousin Niko, 17 November 2012 - 09:56 AM.

Rant:

F*ck off with music playing during missions Rockstar! The most annoying thing about other games is the constant repeating of that same sh*tty tune. Such a mistake...

EDIT: 'I loved Roman'. GO F*CK YOURSELF HOUSER.

sammclean23
  • sammclean23

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

even if they dont see a market for PC, I wonder how much they would really have to spend against the amount made from selling on PC...i'm no business man but surely the money made would be worth it, albeit not as much as the consoles

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (sammclean23 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 10:14)
even if they dont see a market for PC, I wonder how much they would really have to spend against the amount made from selling on PC...i'm no business man but surely the money made would be worth it, albeit not as much as the consoles

Not when over 60% of people illegally download the game.

It has been proven by many gaming companies, yes piracy is a problem on consoles but nowhere near to the scale of that it is on PC.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (HDStryke @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 02:35)
QUOTE (buzbegone @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 02:34)
QUOTE (gtavismylife18 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 10:30)
Packie is NOT in gtav

It still begs the question, 'Why would he be leaving Liberty City for Los Santos if Rockstar weren't planning to include him?'

Yeah that part makes no sense whatsoever.

It was more a way of saying that we're leaving Liberty City. Just like the "Liberty city, it's over, Nex stop." on the book from EFLC.

The question is: Why did they use exactly Packie? Personally I think Niko would have made more sense. Or possible Tony, since he dissapeared after the last mission in GTA: TBoGT.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

I like the way he explicitly stated that Packie's not in it.. that just proves how popular that theory was smile.gif

He also kind of said that no characters will return in physical form only as easter eggs.. probably on posters, in magazines and on TV and other media e.g. the internet.

JeteaFive
  • JeteaFive

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

I love the honesty of Dan.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

I'm not too fussed packie's not in it. If any character from IV returns i'd hope it'd be Jacob, as i f*cking loved him, but i think if we see anyone it'd be someone we'll say "who was that" as opposed to "ooh him"

Packie left LC because his family was torn apart. He took his money and most likely went to ireland.

i am disappointed though that no characters are returning in a big way. I like how III era games tied them together - Ken being a down and out nothing, going on about past glories with tommy, Kent paul still being a wanabe prick, Phil cassidy, etc. It was clever and routed the games in the same world.

I still hope that we'll see some, even though he said not.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

I expected that Packie will be in V, I'm dissapointed a bit confused.gif

SgtMaadadi
  • SgtMaadadi

dat guy

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Q:When you mentioned Trevor lighting a truck on fire with a gas can, is that something for a mission or is there more interaction with objects in the world?

A:Iím sure a mission or two may require you to light something on fire, but Trevor is the kind of psychopath who revels in destruction during his free time as well. Youíll be able to get your pyromaniac fix whenever you want.

krazy_fool_X
  • krazy_fool_X

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 09:41)
QUOTE (RastaMentality @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 03:48)
Wow. They asked the worst questions out of everyone. Why the hell ask why there's new characters or why it's not gonna be on Kinect?

It's not like they can just ask anything, and Dan has to answer. That's also why you see a lot of the questions repeating, or the same things being said between the interviews. This is what info Rockstar are willing to share at this point.

But still, the ones that Rasta gave as an example are stupid questions.

-Why make the protagonists new ones? Umm, because that's what's happened in pretty much every single GTA game...

-Why no Move or Kinect? Umm, probably because <1% or buyers will actually use that feature. Wasted time on pointless feature.

But some of the other questions were good; I like how we can now put the Packie McReary thing to bed.

PUSClFER
  • PUSClFER

D♥B

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

This has been known since the GameInformer-article.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

This is in the news section. Under the GI Q&A

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

That's all good but I guess fire propagation will have to wait for next gen.

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I think Packie went back to the Green Island...

Carmen Ortiz will definitely Be somewhere mentioned. She said she always wanted to be on TV in Vinewood....Even though Niko Is NOT In the game, he still had the ticket, so maybe he was with her

I think obviously the Hobo from tbogt will be back....since he look just like the guy in the trailer with the sign

Gay Tony might manage some clubs

EvilEmperorZoRG
  • EvilEmperorZoRG

Central Macedonia-Thessaloniki/Greece

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

There's a bunch of small towns and villages and whatnot in there to discover and play around in...

Holly sh*t! This is what I wanted to hear! Imagine a small town the size of one of the islands of Liberty City!!!

red555
  • red555

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:40 PM Edited by red555, 17 November 2012 - 01:03 PM.

trev has special abilities of flying planes (probably more skilled than the other 2, like gta SA skill level with vehicles) and he can start fires with his cannister and zippo.

Franklin has better driving skill and can probably use his dog chop

and Michael is probably a very good sniper with steady hands. Each probably have a trick like trevs firestarting

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

it was a really good read, nice to see why they didn't use LA Noire's tech.

haarp
  • haarp

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Jakee. @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 11:24)
QUOTE (sammclean23 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 10:14)

Not when over 60% of people illegally download the game.

It has been proven by many gaming companies, yes piracy is a problem on consoles but nowhere near to the scale of that it is on PC.

Shut up with that bunk. Not every person that downloads would buy the game.

[DOK]MAFIABOSS
  • [DOK]MAFIABOSS

GTA V Madness

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (urbanfire @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 05:30)
Packie is NOT in gtav

It still begs the question, 'Why would he be leaving Liberty City for Los Santos if Rockstar weren't planning to include him?'

DLC

GTA VI tounge.gif

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 11:27)
QUOTE (HDStryke @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 02:35)
Packie is NOT in gtav

Yeah that part makes no sense whatsoever.

It was more a way of saying that we're leaving Liberty City. Just like the "Liberty city, it's over, Nex stop." on the book from EFLC.

The question is: Why did they use exactly Packie? Personally I think Niko would have made more sense. Or possible Tony, since he dissapeared after the last mission in GTA: TBoGT.

So Niko disappears and we are left with no character to control?

Complex Synthesis
  • Complex Synthesis

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Just enough already about the goaddamn packie. Mother of god. Leave him be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users