Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

cmon people we only saw like 30 percent of the map

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Matt Bertz replying to someone

There were tidbits about inventory/cash flow, the game of Franklin's dog, etc. Not a lot, but something!

The game of Franklin's dog?

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (TheFIREFLY @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 14:38)
cmon people we only saw like 30 percent of the map

More likely... over 9000!

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 16:26)

There were tidbits about inventory/cash flow, the game of Franklin's dog, etc. Not a lot, but something!

The name. Think an error

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 16:46)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 16:26)

The name. Think an error

Ah yes, lol. Here i was thinking there was a minigame for Chop or something,lol.

HDM018
  • HDM018

Superfluous noob.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 16:47)
Ah yes, lol. Here i was thinking there was a minigame for Chop or something,lol.

Finding the flying rats you shot and holding them up, or laughing when you missed one.

Ratone
  • Ratone

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

1) We know that the number of pedestrians will be less than in GTA IV
2) We know that flying will play a huge role in the game
3) We know that indoors areas will be plenty

So yeah, probably the "urban area" of GTA V will be smaller than GTA IV.
No problem with that, honestly. Since the last "island/part" of the game felt very repetitive and empty on GTA IV. If we have a city smaller than GTA IV, but more packed with details and diversity. I don't mind.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

It will be big enough.. Liberty City was actually pretty large.. It only felt small and confined due to having no surrounding areas or any open areas in the whole map. It also had no variety..

smoky250
  • smoky250

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Downtown LA is basically useless. There is very little going on there at night after the people who work in the skyscrapers leave. Los Angeles really is about the various communities throughout the area, and their distinct personalities. Rockstar may have decided to reduce the size of downtown in because it's not an interesting area, and spend more of their efforts on areas where Los Angeles is alive around the clock. From my experience with LA, that would be a good choice.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (CLR-GTR @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 19:04)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 16:47)

Finding the flying rats you shot and holding them up, or laughing when you missed one.

lmao what if we get rats instead of 'flying rats' but you have to get Chop to eat them lol

romanbelick
  • romanbelick

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 18:24)
It will be big enough.. Liberty City was actually pretty large.. It only felt small and confined due to having no surrounding areas or any open areas in the whole map. It also had no variety..

liberty city was small

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Ratone @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 18:20)

No problem with that, honestly. Since the last "island/part" of the game felt very repetitive and empty on GTA IV. If we have a city smaller than GTA IV, but more packed with details and diversity. I don't mind.

That may be so, but i still see pleny of people on that one screenshot where the mime is and Franklin. Where the stores that sell surf-boards are and stuff, plenty of NPCs. I honestly hope we get plenty of indoor areas this time man, i haven't seen this confirmed anywhere yet though.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Ratone @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 12:20)

This actually makes sense to me. Other than the popular roads like Sunset or Hollywood Boulevard, or Downtown, the streets aren't really that full. They aren't empty, but they're not really that thriving.
It's like that in Midnight Club LA too.
At least less AI actually will feel comfortable in this city.
But # of AI traffic better be better than in IV. May not be as many peds, but there damn sure is a ton of traffic.

Signal1
  • Signal1

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

R* dont even know how many cds for the Xbox???

Some serious trimming comming you think?

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (romanbelick @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 21:26)

liberty city was small

I'd like to see you model over 100 streets in a game.

KingPhiL13
  • KingPhiL13

KING

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

I wonder if, lets say you are free roaming as Trevor, will you be able to see Franklin & Michael as well, or will they disappear when u swap to Trevor?

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (romanbelick @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 15:26)

liberty city was small

turn.gif Have you played other games?
Liberty City is actually a VERY decent sized city for a video game. Also very detailed and unique compared to other cities in video games. I really don't think you people actually think how much work is put into these GTA cities and how big they are compared to other, shoddy, half assed video game cities.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 02:59)
QUOTE (Ratone @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 18:20)

That may be so, but i still see pleny of people on that one screenshot where the mime is and Franklin. Where the stores that sell surf-boards are and stuff, plenty of NPCs. I honestly hope we get plenty of indoor areas this time man, i haven't seen this confirmed anywhere yet though.

I agree that big swaths of LA have sparse pedestrian density (we live in our cars, we die in our cars and we are buried in our cars biggrin.gif someone told me years ago), but certain areas like open air markets downtown (like Olvera Street which was done pretty well in LA Noire), and the Venice Beach strand can be very dense with people, and it will be a challenge to be able to accomplish that in the game.

I do like the number of pedestrians in the screenshots of Vespucci Beach strand, the density is not too bad -- but one thing I would suggest, that Rockstar researchers must have noticed -- that in places like Vespucci Beach and Pleasure Pier, people tend to be in groups of 2 or 3, and fewer people walking alone. In the Vespucci Beach screenshots, it seems like a ratio of too many single peds.

So...
  • So...

Oooh, that's a bingo!

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 06:49)

liberty city was small

Liberty City is actually a VERY decent sized city for a video game. Also very detailed and unique compared to other cities in video games. I really don't think you people actually think how much work is put into these GTA cities and how big they are compared to other, shoddy, half assed video game cities.

My guess is that he likes to wander around in the generic, computer generated, empty vastness of Just Cause 2.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (So... @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 07:51)

liberty city was small

My guess is that he likes to wander around in the generic, computer generated, empty vastness of Just Cause 2.

Yup. Just Cause had incredibly boring little towns, absolutely no fun to explore at all. Same goes for the countryside. I have to say the same about Saints Row too, the game-worlds just don't interest me as much as Rockstar's games.

Jimmarn
  • Jimmarn

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 13:03)

liberty city was small

Yup. Just Cause had incredibly boring little towns, absolutely no fun to explore at all. Same goes for the countryside. I have to say the same about Saints Row too, the game-worlds just don't interest me as much as Rockstar's games.

Yeah, I almost bought the game, glad I didnt

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Jimmarn @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 13:04)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 13:03)

liberty city was small

Yeah, I almost bought the game, glad I didnt

I bought it awhile ago, cause i really liked the videos they had shown. The grapple and what not looked really cool. Plus on this forum people were crazy about it, so i had to check it out. But most of the time the game just bored the crap out of me. Rockstar's open world games have really spoilt me, lol.

manu90mala
  • manu90mala

Flash Fm

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

You can't play the entire game as one character; sometimes you have to a solo mission as each character to advance the story.
f*ck THAT

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Is there another round of Q&A coming? This surely can't be it?

dawsib
  • dawsib

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

it would be cool having a young maylay track on the radio, as a tribute to cj or something

@shockenheim

yeah it pretty sucks but i guess this is what we'll have to do with untill the new trailer and aside from a few screens, some serious gameplay...6 months huh, close enough

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Nice, really guys i canīt wait to play this awesome game...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users