• None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Whoa! I cannot believe it!

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

It's not a surprise.. they never did any rendered trailers of any GTA game.

Oh to clear up further confusion: ingame = either gameplay or cutscene. And the trailer got both of them.
So, R* did not really answer the question directly.

DarkLordSmurf
  • DarkLordSmurf

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Nice!

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Even without anti aliasing and some low resolution textures , the trailer looks good in overall , but it will look really un-sharp when it will be upscaled.

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Not a surprise, who though it was pre-made? In fact, the graphics need an improvement yet, which Rockstar will do.

KTR
  • KTR

Trick

• Members

Quaz51 from Beyond3D (same guy who broke news about GTA4 & RDR being sub-hd on PS3) says the trailer uses "post process AA is exactly the same than PS3 Max Payne 3, different to the MP3 X360 post process AA."

http://forum.beyond3...&postcount=3476

D.Dodge
  • D.Dodge

Peon

• Members

Did Rockstar ever used pre-rendered footage on a GTA game? Or any other game?

suicidal.gif

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (james_root @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:09)
Even without anti aliasing and some low resolution textures , the trailer looks good in overall , but it will look really un-sharp when it will be upscaled.

Judging by RDR which looked significantly sharper than GTA IV, I think you are wrong.

GTA IV was their first try at proper HD environments, and it honestly looked really good. Then they improved their engine with RDR, and with that game I would actually consider it proper HD because the shadows were crisp, the lighting was excellent, the game was stunning and obviously the environment was huge. So there's no reason that GTA V will look any worse.

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Just because it wasn't "pre-rendered" does not mean it was not a cut scene. They deliberately avoid the question of whether it is gameplay or a cut scene and answer it in terms of gameplay vs pre-rendered on software.

Destructo
  • Destructo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:16 PM Edited by Destructo, 16 November 2012 - 06:18 PM.

Could mean in-game cutscenes.

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

It didn't look too good, so I didn't expect it to be pre-rendered.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (KTR @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:10)
Quaz51 from Beyond3D (same guy who broke news about GTA4 & RDR being sub-hd on PS3) says the trailer uses "post process AA is exactly the same than PS3 Max Payne 3, different to the MP3 X360 post process AA."

I am kinda confused about what he means, maybe it's just me but he worded this wrong.

There were plenty of parts where it didn't show a cutscene, like right after Michael's intro, we see the sight of Los Santos, with the bus on the road and the train, that is most definitely how it looks when you walk/drive/fly around. Same with the car chase, that is most definitely a mission, but they never show it in third person.

KTR
  • KTR

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:29)

I am kinda confused about what he means, maybe it's just me but he worded this wrong.

There were plenty of parts where it didn't show a cutscene, like right after Michael's intro, we see the sight of Los Santos, with the bus on the road and the train, that is most definitely how it looks when you walk/drive/fly around. Same with the car chase, that is most definitely a mission, but they never show it in third person.

R* games renders their cutscenes in-game. Prerender means you render the cutscene on a more powerful hardware, record it as video, and playback the video on the less powerful hardware. Therefore, whatever scene you see, being cutscene or actual playable scenes, it is all rendered the same way.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

It doesn't have to be in 3rd person. The camera angles are all custom, but it's still within the game, it's just that the developers have more customization within their own game engine than we do as players. Even the in-game cutscenes use the game engine, in real time. Yes, some of it is scripted, but everything is in the game.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (KTR @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:36)

R* games renders their cutscenes in-game. Prerender means you render the cutscene on a more powerful hardware, record it as video, and playback the video on the less powerful hardware. Therefore, whatever scene you see, being cutscene or actual playable scenes, it is all rendered the same way.

Nah i know that, that's not what i meant. I was asking about the post process stuff. About PS3 and Xbox 360. That part seemed like it was worded wrong.

Kill Frenzy!
  • Kill Frenzy!

Skilled Driver

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Old news, because I already knew and they also did this with the first trailer.

KTR
  • KTR

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:43)

Nah i know that, that's not what i meant. I was asking about the post process stuff. About PS3 and Xbox 360. That part seemed like it was worded wrong.

No, it's not worded wrong. In Max Payne 3, R* used different methods of AA between the two consoles.

http://www.eurogamer...ayne-3-face-off

To back this up, however, we do see differing implementations of anti-aliasing on each console, with the traditional multi-sample approach sidelined in favour of newer (but varying) post-processing methods.

Ryder 556
  • Ryder 556

derp

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:43)

The AA stuff? Yeah the PS3 uses a different type of AA than the 360. I think the PS3's is similar to that of 16x AA when used right. One of the first games to use it was the Saboteur, and it really shows how amazing it can be

As you can see here and here the PS3 version much better AA. Pretty much it blurs the edges without blurring the entire texture. Not sure if GTA V will use this technique, or if it will use one of the many other options available for AA on the PS3, but this one would be the better option.

Also I think the guy he's quoting is stating that the trailer is from the PS3 version.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (ioN @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 19:16)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:43)

The AA stuff? Yeah the PS3 uses a different type of AA than the 360. I think the PS3's is similar to that of 16x AA when used right. One of the first games to use it was the Saboteur, and it really shows how amazing it can be

As you can see here and here the PS3 version much better AA. Pretty much it blurs the edges without blurring the entire texture. Not sure if GTA V will use this technique, or if it will use one of the many other options available for AA on the PS3, but this one would be the better option.

Also I think the guy he's quoting is stating that the trailer is from the PS3 version.

Yeah the PS3 version of Saboteur is better anti-aliased there, but some other things look a bit better on 360, it seems more crisp to me. Ah well, i only played the 360 version of Max Payne 3 and it looked fine for me, i'm sure it will be fine for GTA V too. For both parties, and that is quite good news.

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Was there actual gameplay in anyone of the trailers?

faizanali
  • faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Pushing consoles to the limits..........Well you know R*, But STILL THE FRAME RATE WAS FUCING INCREDIBLE.

nimblelinn
  • nimblelinn

old school

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (DirtyHarry44 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 19:35)
Was there actual gameplay in anyone of the trailers?

yes i think there was. but the question is how much. and i think there is a difference between in mission gameplay and free roam gameplay. events like Michael's son hanging from the sail boat is definitely a scripted mission. but i don't think it was a cut scene. the cut scenes are usually just talking.

ťaťa
  • ťaťa

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (KTR @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 12:10)

I guess that confirms trailer 2 was PS3.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Destructo @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:16)
Could mean in-game cutscenes.

For certain, it's all been in-game cutscenes since III. But will they be more integrated to the play experience? I think it will! Like Max Payne! biggrin.gif

OriZarhiKing5
  • OriZarhiKing5

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

So are you telling me that the scene with James (Michael's son) hanging on a truck on the highway is gameplay? and the scene with the two trains with Trevor jumping from the rails? Also not cut scenes?

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (OriZarhiKing5 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 21:58)
So are you telling me that the scene with James (Michael's son) hanging on a truck on the highway is gameplay? and the scene with the two trains with Trevor jumping from the rails? Also not cut scenes?

Not cutscenes. I don't find that hard to believe.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:36 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 16 November 2012 - 10:39 PM.

Max Payne 3 was 720p on PS3, so V's PS3 version is pretty much confirmed to run in 720p at this point, good to hear.

On Topic: Good to hear, but i'm not really surprised, Rockstar never released a single pre-rendered trailer before as far as i know, they always use in-game footage.

VATG
  • VATG

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (OriZarhiKing5 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 21:58)

I Was thinking the same thing.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (OriZarhiKing5 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 22:58)

Personally, I believe, the part with Michaels son is gameplay, but Trevor jumping off the train... IMO that's a cutscene, like you press 'jump' and that cutscene appears to make it look more badass (otherwise you can't see the trains crashing, right?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users