Photo

Some little new information from Multiplayer.it

108 replies to this topic
MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Nice work ScorpDaMonk, i could understand it all quite well. They keep saying this but i don't nessecarily really like it. They want to eliminate the flat spots, the 'boring' parts of missions. He has mentions the 'climbing of stairs' several times now through the cover story , another interview and this interview. I don't always see that as boring though. It's gonna become a bit too simplistic if they remove all this for the player. I really dig the idea of three protagonists and being able to switch between them in missions , which can be done at all times and thats awesome, but i sometimes want to climb stairs too you know...really get to the place myself instead of those parts getting skipped or something. Ah well, we'll see.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Blazevski12 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 16:06)
So Dan Houser did not dismiss female protagonist for a future gta game... I quess we have the " bold  new direction" for GTA VI  biggrin.gif !.

Yeah, I don't see why not if multiple protags ever come back as we would have a choice. Female on female prostitution would be controversial though. lol.gif

Andriese
  • Andriese

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

I didn't understand one thing: during freeroam we can use one, two or three characters together (like going in the car together to shoot people) or we can use only one at a time? because the Q & A of GI I understood you, but reading Multiplayer.it seems to me that we forced to use a single character at a time

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:35)
GTA IV story was too long? WTF people, this is not CoD story.

I hate that if its true.I love long games. cryani.gif cryani.gif

faizanali
  • faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 23:17)

Then WTF is Free Roam for?

caiaof
  • caiaof

Amputechture

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 22:00)
Nice work ScorpDaMonk, i could understand it all quite well. They keep saying this but i don't nessecarily really like it. They want to eliminate the flat spots, the 'boring' parts of missions. He has mentions the 'climbing of stairs' several times now through the cover story , another interview and this interview. I don't always see that as boring though. It's gonna become a bit too simplistic if they remove all this for the player. I really dig the idea of three protagonists and being able to switch between them in missions , which can be done at all times and thats awesome, but i sometimes want to climb stairs too you know...really get to the place myself instead of those parts getting skipped or something. Ah well, we'll see.

you CAN switch between the protagonists in mission, you don't NEED to. If you want to climb, OK. If you don't, just switch for other guy. They are giving us options.

Something I always love was the drive-by missions where I shoot and the AI drives. Every time they let me do this I'll change for the gunner. I bet someone hate those missions and will always be the driver and other people will switch between the two.

gtafan023
  • gtafan023

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:20 AM Edited by gtafan023, 20 November 2012 - 12:23 AM.

You will be surprise by the amount of gamers that dont have the patience to finish a game actually

There are many times i saw post like:
1.Game is too long,long games=repetitive (this argument is extremely dumb for me,because not all games are into this category)

2.DUUUHHH why do you need new game plus,1st time great experience is enough for me

3.Blah blah blah this feature is useless I dont play it please remove it

Yea.

gtafan023
  • gtafan023

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (faizanali @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 21:25)
QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:42)
QUOTE (GRINCH ASS BITCH @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:32)
Hmm, no switching characters while wanted.

I hope they fix that!

I HOPE THEY DON'T mad.gif
it should stay more challenging.

Me too
if you can switch character while wanted

WHATS THE POINT OF WANTED SYSTEM LOL!!!!

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 22:07)
QUOTE (Blazevski12 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 16:06)
So Dan Houser did not dismiss female protagonist for a future gta game... I quess we have the " bold  new direction" for GTA VI  biggrin.gif !.

Yeah, I don't see why not if multiple protags ever come back as we would have a choice. Female on female prostitution would be controversial though. lol.gif

If by "controversial" you mean AWESOME! biggrin.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (caiaof @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 00:04)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 22:00)

you CAN switch between the protagonists in mission, you don't NEED to. If you want to climb, OK. If you don't, just switch for other guy. They are giving us options.

Something I always love was the drive-by missions where I shoot and the AI drives. Every time they let me do this I'll change for the gunner. I bet someone hate those missions and will always be the driver and other people will switch between the two.

Ah yes, i must have misunderstood it. You are right, they say if you don't want to climb , you don't have to, switch to another character who's doing some shooting or whatsoever. Those are not exactly the words, but is basically what is meant.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (faizanali @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 23:21)
QUOTE (acmilano @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 23:17)

Then WTF is Free Roam for?

Yes but its not the same.I finish most of the sidemissions during the story and investigate the map so there is not much to do at the end.And i love diverse missions and scenarios and epic stories like SA and IV was.That is the reason Why IV is more popular than TLAD and TBOGT. Of course its my personal preference but it would be good if its at least somewhere between IV and RDR lenght,i always felt that West Elisabeth part was somehow rushed.

kilo73
  • kilo73

Sorry For the Bodies

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (FloridaGatorPride @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:42)
hahah wow

off topic, you should probably update your #FACT check list...... lol.gif

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

How about, if you switch to a new character when wanted, the character you leave will go into auto mode, and try to escape the cops or die trying or get arrested. if they die, they appear inside the hospital and you can try to bust them out before they get arrested, or if they are in jail, you have to try to bust them out of jail!

that would be so fun!

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (caiaof @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 20:18)
the interview is up!
someone who knows italian should do the translation

http://multiplayer.i...o-rockstar.html

Any news of a proper translation from a native Italian speaker?

MajorOrange
  • MajorOrange

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

Sure would be awesome if someone would translate what is above 😐

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Gangxxter @ Friday, Nov 23 2012, 05:52)
QUOTE (caiaof @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 20:18)
the interview is up!
someone who knows italian should do the translation

http://multiplayer.i...o-rockstar.html

Any news of a proper translation from a native Italian speaker?

I'm on chrome, so it translates websites automatically. It is a pretty good translation, too.

Perrinzki
  • Perrinzki

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

I would like to have less missions, but those missions to be divided in what I imagine to be some kind of "stages", so each of them last longer and that way we get rid of dull and repetitive missions, and get longer and more varied ones.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (Perrinzki @ Tuesday, Dec 25 2012, 23:21)
I would like to have less missions, but those missions to be divided in what I imagine to be some kind of "stages", so each of them last longer and that way we get rid of dull and repetitive missions, and get longer and more varied ones.

way to bump an old topic. good job

Perrinzki
  • Perrinzki

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 04:24)
QUOTE (Perrinzki @ Tuesday, Dec 25 2012, 23:21)

way to bump an old topic. good job

Yeah, I think it'd be nice if we discuss how missions have to evolve and such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users