Photo

Some little new information from Multiplayer.it

108 replies to this topic
smoky250
  • smoky250

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

If they shorten the storyline by 10-20% by cutting away what were the most boring mission types in IV, and then replace that reduced storyline with more interesting things like RDR-style ambient challenges, I don't see how that is a bad thing. IV had too many dull missions. Taking pictures of gang bangers. Driving all over hell for Manny just to kill guys who said something. Rolling around on top of a truck.

No idea why people here insist on worrying about stupid sh*t. The same people are making decisions, and they're improving V based on what they learned about IV. Stop fretting about nothing like high school girls.

Ryder 556
  • Ryder 556

derp

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:41)
QUOTE (MLGTA @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:35)
QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:33)
No lead platform? That should shut the fanboys up. Good to see Rockstar is taking advantage of both consoles.  icon14.gif

That should but it wont.

On Topic:Hope the not switching between character while wanted stays

But why not?

Because Fanbois like to argue for pointless f*cking reasons, kinda like Souls fanbois. Dark Souls(and to a lesser extent Demons Souls) is a fun game, but it's nothing special. It's not the best franchise, not by a long shot.

Same goes for console fanbois. I remember back in 2009, around the time TBoGT came out for the 360, there was this one guy on here who wouldn't shut the f*ck up. He would constantly deny and deny that it would come to the PS3 and PC, and I would constantly reassure him it would, but his head was so deep up his 360 fanboi ass that he failed to even recognize me as intelligent or something. I believe he called me retarded a few times.

And I even remember over on GFAQ that I told people that the DLC would get a PS3 release date before the end of January. No One wanted to believe me, but it happened(the DLC was confirmed for PC and PS3 on January 27th IIRC)

Point is don't argue with fanbois. You wont win. Ever. I want to tell myself that fanbois are just brand loyal, but to the extent that they take things, yeah not happening.

OT: They should make it so that when you're wanted you press whatever D-PAD button(IGN said characters were switched with it) and whoever's button you press, they arrive to back you up, kinda like Dwayne's back up, and once they are with you you can switch between them freely, kinda like a mission. I'm sick of having shootouts all by myself, so having two people with you would be great. It'd also be better if you could select their weapons.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

I like what they wrote about the framerate. Good to hear it's not 'all over the place' but actually isn't bad' make that 'good' or even 'great' and i'm all set smile.gif

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:35)
GTA IV story was too long?

LOL I wonder if those people have STILL not beat it yet

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (ScorpDaMonk @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 19:31)
QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:35)
GTA IV story was too long?

LOL I wonder if those people have STILL not beat it yet

I think there are a whole lot of people who haven't. Several of my friends have yet to finish GTA IV, and they are already looking forward to GTA V. I'm like...dude...finish IV first, then we'll talk, lol. Too long my ass. I can kinda understand that some people might thought it started to drag a bit near the end, but i never had any problems with it.

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Good to know that PC version is coming out in a few months after
maybe for the 2013 holiday season

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

There is no easy the game could be that short. With the amount of excitement seen in the trailers, there is no easy the game will be that short, or else 95% of missions willi be crazy big missions. It just seems a little too extravagant for EVERY mission to involve a heist, 100 explosions, or crazy chases. That was okay for BOGT, but for V, I just don't see that happening.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 21:58)
There is no easy the game could be that short. With the amount of excitement seen in the trailers, there is no easy the game will be that short, or else 95% of missions willi be crazy big missions. It just seems a little too extravagant for EVERY mission to involve a heist, 100 explosions, or crazy chases. That was okay for BOGT, but for V, I just don't see that happening.

There's no easy?........

OriZarhiKing5
  • OriZarhiKing5

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

"Btw, It will last less than the one in GTA IV with Nico because they know that a lot of people didn't finish the story because it was too long."

What the f*ck did you just say?? SHORTER than GTA IV??? I finished this game in 4 days, it was too short!

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

People, don't worry, the story won't be that much shorter, it will be longer than Red Dead Redemption with bazillion side missions and activities to do, this game will last longer than IV for people that don't just rush through the main story, that's a fact. confused.gif

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 23:00)

There's no easy?........

LOL probably meant to say no WAY, must be some weird auto-correction going on.

As for the length, i'm usually one that soaks in the story nice and easy. I might do 5 missions a night and then f*ck about the rest of the time. Vice City took me about a month to finish the storyline but that way you get to enjoy it more instead of rushing through the game.

Ollie23
  • Ollie23

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Dul @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:30)

Btw, It will last less than the one in GTA IV with Nico because they know that a lot of people didn't finish the story because it was too long.

Is that a joke? Seriously. I finished IV at least 7 times and I'm going through it again. How the hell could you not finish the story because "it was too long"?

VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 22:10)
this game will last longer than IV for people that don't just rush through the main story, that's a fact. confused.gif

Indeed. V will last more than 75 hours for me at least, they mentioned it's as long or slightly longer than Red Dead Redemption with more side-missions and a bigger map with f*cking Animals too, this is enough for me, no point in having 90+ missions if most of them are driving to point A, chase target to point B and then kill him, i f*cking love IV but it did drag for long and had some repeatitve missions, more than 75 missions with many side missions and amazing missions like the ones we saw in the 2nd trailer is more than enough for me i'd say.

Dul
  • Dul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:24)
QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 22:10)
this game will last longer than IV for people that don't just rush through the main story, that's a fact. confused.gif

Indeed. V will last more than 75 hours for me at least, they mentioned it's as long or slightly longer than Red Dead Redemption with more side-missions and a bigger map with f*cking Animals too, this is enough for me, no point in having 90+ missions if most of them are driving to point A, chase target to point B and then kill him, i f*cking love IV but it did drag for long and had some repeatitve missions, more than 75 missions with many side missions and amazing missions like the ones we saw in the 2nd trailer is more than enough for me i'd say.

I wrote it in the first post:

The game is huge if you count all the side-mission and stuff like that. But the main story alone is about the same of red dead. That's what rockstar said.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 22:00)

There's no easy?........

*way

My retarded phone keyboard facedesk.gif

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Well they've talked about GTA's outside of US a lot of times before, Gamer.nl asked them about Amsterdam recently, they thought about that, liked the idea but they can't see a GTA outside of US because it's too much based on US culture and such. Anything other than US wouldn't feel right, i think they said.

hobodealerr
  • hobodealerr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Dul @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 09:30)
As for the lenght of the game, Rockstar said that the main story alone lasts about as the red dead redemption one. So about 25-30 hours. But there will be a HUGE amount of secondary things to do.
Btw, It will last less than the one in GTA IV with Nico because they know that a lot of people didn't finish the story because it was too long.

End.

PS. don't ask for sources, it was a live streaming video and it was in italian...

"a lot of people didn't finish the story because it was too long."

People are very specific about why they didn't enjoy/finish GTAIV. The common reason was because they believed GTAIV was too repetitive, not too long. I don't know what negative feedback Rockstar has been reading, however this just seems like an excuse.

deyessorc
  • deyessorc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (ioN @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 19:05)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:41)
QUOTE (MLGTA @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:35)
QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:33)
No lead platform? That should shut the fanboys up. Good to see Rockstar is taking advantage of both consoles.  icon14.gif

That should but it wont.

On Topic:Hope the not switching between character while wanted stays

But why not?

Because Fanbois like to argue for pointless f*cking reasons, kinda like Souls fanbois. Dark Souls(and to a lesser extent Demons Souls) is a fun game, but it's nothing special. It's not the best franchise, not by a long shot.

Same goes for console fanbois. I remember back in 2009, around the time TBoGT came out for the 360, there was this one guy on here who wouldn't shut the f*ck up. He would constantly deny and deny that it would come to the PS3 and PC, and I would constantly reassure him it would, but his head was so deep up his 360 fanboi ass that he failed to even recognize me as intelligent or something. I believe he called me retarded a few times.

And I even remember over on GFAQ that I told people that the DLC would get a PS3 release date before the end of January. No One wanted to believe me, but it happened(the DLC was confirmed for PC and PS3 on January 27th IIRC)

Point is don't argue with fanbois. You wont win. Ever. I want to tell myself that fanbois are just brand loyal, but to the extent that they take things, yeah not happening.

OT: They should make it so that when you're wanted you press whatever D-PAD button(IGN said characters were switched with it) and whoever's button you press, they arrive to back you up, kinda like Dwayne's back up, and once they are with you you can switch between them freely, kinda like a mission. I'm sick of having shootouts all by myself, so having two people with you would be great. It'd also be better if you could select their weapons.

Well said...Well said. Oh, man, I remember who you are taking about but cannot think of his name. Perhaps if I searched old posts. He was dead set that it was impossible that ps3 would get it (and posted a ton).

You will never win. So spot on.

Gtaplayaminigun
  • Gtaplayaminigun

Buster

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:34 AM Edited by Gtaplayaminigun, 17 November 2012 - 08:38 AM.

"IV's story wasn't finished by many as it was too long". f*ck them. If the same story was broken down into 10 DLCs and sold separately at high price those kids would have finished it. I can't believe there are people who even complain about content...

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

No switching while freeroam is terrible

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 04:40)
QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:33)

Yes, and that gives me hope that the pc version wont be a console port.. but who knows.

icon14.gif

Niteye
  • Niteye

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

With GFWL, Xbox Live and whatnot, I guess they can see through the achievements how many people actually made it to the end of the story or about how far most people got. It doesn't really surprise me if the majority didn't make it to the end, it is pretty long for someone who's not crazy about GTA.

Niteye
  • Niteye

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (gabrielkipp77 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 09:27)
QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 04:40)
QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:33)

Yes, and that gives me hope that the pc version wont be a console port.. but who knows.

icon14.gif

Unfortunately they said the EXACT same thing while GTA4 was in development. They made it for XBOX and Playstation at the same time. But then R* San Diego or whatever was in charge of making a PC port which sucked.

The only thing that gives me hopes is that, GTA3 was a terrible port, but they got better with Vice and San Andreas.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Niteye @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 09:48)
Unfortunately they said the EXACT same thing while GTA4 was in development. They made it for XBOX and Playstation at the same time. But then R* San Diego or whatever was in charge of making a PC port which sucked.

The only thing that gives me hopes is that, GTA3 was a terrible port, but they got better with Vice and San Andreas.

Well, wasn't GTA IV developed for XBox 360 and then ported to Playstation 3 and PC or something like this? Anyway Max Payne 3 was developed simultaneously for all platforms at the same time and it was very well optimized for all platforms. The demo of GTA V was shown on Playstation 3 which means Rockstar Games has optimized the engine so far that we probably won't see any difference between the X360 and PS3 version of the game and the framerate will be most likely stable on both platforms. GTA IV was ported from the consoles to PC by Rockstar Toronto. Rockstar Vancouver, the developer of Max Payne 3 and the studio that made MP3 for PC, merged with Rockstar Toronto a few months ago. Rockstar Games has learnt from their mistakes in the past and nobody should give up their hopes for a well-optimized GTA V with DirectX11, tesselation, etc. on PC. smile.gif

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

The point about there being no lead platform makes me think on something I wondered the other day. In the last Xbox dashboard update, the limit for memory cards was quietly raised to 32gb. I'm not sure if its possible, but what if they sold the 360 version on a locked USB stick inside the usual game packaging, so they would avoid multiple discs and not have to compress the data compared to the PS3 version? That would benefit both consoles, as working on them at the same time, fewer compromises would have to be made thanks to the 360's outdated storage medium.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:21 AM Edited by Warlord., 17 November 2012 - 10:36 AM.

So, Rockstar considers IV's story to be 'too long'?

WTF. V's story being shorter than IV is a huge step back. A HUGE step.

Oh and by the way, making the story shorter than IV's and adding minigames and other things to compensate for it is just bullsh*t.

People who didn't complete the IV storyline didn't do so because it was too long, but because it got boring as hell a quarter of the way into the story. The solution to this isn't to simply make the story shorter, but to make the story more entertaining.

I mean Rockstar is basically saying 'Hey, some people didn't finish IV's storyline since it got boring, so in V we will be making the story shorter'. The only proper solution to this is to make V's story longer than IV's/keep it at the same length, but write a better storyline.

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 04:33)
GTA IV story was too long? Wtf? San Andreas was long, but it felt like every mission in every city is different, so it seemed not that long. IV story just repeated all the time with the missions you have to do only the places were changed. That was why the story was mostly boring and most people haven't finished it at all. But the story of IV was definitely not long or too long.

Very good point.

IV may have felt longer for some because of the lack of variety in missions.

Also, it doesn't have to take 25-30 hours, it can pass by as quick as you can smash it out; or take it at your own pace.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm a PC gamer, but glad to see that the game are being developed for both xbox 360 and ps3 at the same time.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

The IV story wasn't too long. For most people, it was too boring, that's why they never finished it.
Is R* losing common sense, lol? notify.gif

But I personally don't care. It's longer than most other games and that's all that matters. Sure it'll be interesting, and any GTA longer than TLAD and TBOGT combined is fine with me.

roe
  • roe

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:47)
Gta iv wasn't short! I beat it 8 times in 15 hours!

No, you didn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users