» «
Photo

Some little new information from Multiplayer.it

108 replies to this topic
Dul
  • Dul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:30 PM Edited by Dul, 16 November 2012 - 05:59 PM.

Multiplayer.it answered to some questions about GTA V via twitter today while they were showing in live streaming NFS MW (I announced it today).

Hopefully I won't forget anything, here all the info they gave:

First of all, next week they will release an interview with Dan Houser, they teased that he will reply to lot of questions, such as "Why there never been female protagonists?" and "Why all GTAs are set in America and there aren't GTAs in other countries?"

- There is no a lead platform, they are developing the game at the same time in both PS3 and XBOX360
- Who saw the demo thinks that there won't be a Wii U version because rockstar is not experienced with this new console, but he is also confident that there will be a PC version after a few months.
- Who saw the demo said the graphics is amazing, and you can see the maniacal attention to all the details. Amazing graphics and attention to details combine together and give a credibility to the game world.
- Speaking of graphics, the demo had a lot of alias (Which is going to be fixed before release, of course) but the frame rate wasn't bad (but not perfect). Curiosity: They did the same presentation for GTA IV 5 years ago, and in this case the graphics was great but the frame rate was really bad.
- At the moment you can't switch between characters if you are in free roam and you are wanted, but they are still working on that so it may change (Maybe we'll be able to switch characters and then make a huge escape from police with all the characters together... Damn, this should be in the wish list lol)
- There will be multiple endings (Maybe we already know that, I can't remember)

As for the lenght of the game, Rockstar said that the main story alone lasts about as the red dead redemption one. So about 25-30 hours. But there will be a HUGE amount of secondary things to do.
Btw, It will last less than the one in GTA IV with Nico because they know that a lot of people didn't finish the story because it was too long.

End.

PS. don't ask for sources, it was a live streaming video and it was in italian...

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Bustre

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hmm, no switching characters while wanted.

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

No lead platform? That should shut the fanboys up. Good to see Rockstar is taking advantage of both consoles. icon14.gif

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:33)
No lead platform? That should shut the fanboys up. Good to see Rockstar is taking advantage of both consoles. icon14.gif

That should but it wont.

On Topic:Hope the not switching between character while wanted stays

Dul
  • Dul

Player Hater

• Members

QUOTE (GRINCH ASS BITCH @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:32)

Yes, but please note that they said they'are still working on that, so... who knows?

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

GTA IV story was too long? WTF people, this is not CoD story.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:33)

Yes, and that gives me hope that the pc version wont be a console port.. but who knows.

FloridaGatorPride
  • FloridaGatorPride

GatorPride24

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

hahah wow

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (GRINCH ASS BITCH @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:32)

I hope they fix that!

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Gta iv wasn't short! I beat it 8 times in 15 hours!

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

QUOTE (Dul @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 11:30)
- Who saw the demo was impressed not so much by the graphic (but he said that the graphic is amazing), but by the credibility of the game world and attention to details
- Speaking of graphic, the demo had a lot alias (Which is going to be fixed before release, of course) but the frame rate wasn't bad (but not perfect). Curiosity: They did the same presentation for GTA IV 5 years ago, and in this case the graphic was great but the frame rate was really bad.

End.

PS. don't ask for sources, it was a live streaming video and it was in italian...

He's seen the demo, but is not impressed of the graphics, yet he think the graphics are amazing??? mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Nah nah nah the wanted thing STAYS.

It'll make the game far too easy in a way, like easy without even using cheats. See because you CAN do something, it means you WILL. So it'll stop even the casual gamer trying to get rid of the heat on his own.

Ah no I've got a wanted level.. f*ck it, I'll switch it over to someone else.

Nope, get that too f*ckin France mate.

Rede
  • Rede

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Dul @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:30)
It will last less than the one in GTA IV with Nico because they know that a lot of people didn't finish the story because it was too long.

Does it literally say that? GTA IV story was pretty short if you followed the missions one after another and didn't take time out inbetween. This game has to keep us occupied for however many years until the next one.

gta-guru
  • gta-guru

Powered by euphoria.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

why would they let you switch while wanted? that would render being wanted meaningless. If they could make it work I would be impressed.

What could they do? make the wanted character go to jail and you would have to break them out? That could be cool for a little bit. It would also probably be good motivation to not switch characters while wanted.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (gta-guru @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:48)
why would they let you switch while wanted? that would render being wanted meaningless. If they could make it work I would be impressed.

What could they do? make the wanted character go to jail and you would have to break them out? That could be cool for a little bit. It would also probably be good motivation to not switch characters while wanted.

Or help your character by eleminating the cops! Oh the thought of that!

Ice Cream
  • Ice Cream

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Thanks i will add your information here: http://www.gtaforums...pic=532518&st=0

Dul
  • Dul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:52 PM Edited by Dul, 16 November 2012 - 05:58 PM.

QUOTE (Ice1980 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:47)
- Who saw the demo was impressed not so much by the graphic (but he said that the graphic is amazing), but by the credibility of the game world and attention to details
- Speaking of graphic, the demo had a lot alias (Which is going to be fixed before release, of course) but the frame rate wasn't bad (but not perfect). Curiosity: They did the same presentation for GTA IV 5 years ago, and in this case the graphic was great but the frame rate was really bad.

End.

He's seen the demo, but is not impressed of the graphics, yet he think the graphics are amazing??? mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif

He just prefers the attention to details. Sorry if I wrote it badly. I'll edit now.

Donald J Trump
  • Donald J Trump

Make Yoga Great Again

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

GTA IV too long? I hope the story doesn't take too little time to complete this time around. I never rush through the stories, so hopefully it will be as long as Red Dead Redemption if they're correct about that.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Bustre

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

It seems like you didn't understand the context of his statement.

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

How I read it, you CAN'T switch characters while wanted by the cops. That would be good and logical.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

GTA IV story was too long? Wtf? San Andreas was long, but it felt like every mission in every city is different, so it seemed not that long. IV story just repeated all the time with the missions you have to do only the places were changed. That was why the story was mostly boring and most people haven't finished it at all. But the story of IV was definitely not long or too long.

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (GRINCH ASS BITCH @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 11:58)

It seems like you didn't understand the context of his statement.

Ah, I see cheers!

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (MLGTA @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:35)
QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:33)
No lead platform? That should shut the fanboys up. Good to see Rockstar is taking advantage of both consoles.  icon14.gif

That should but it wont.

On Topic:Hope the not switching between character while wanted stays

But why not?

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

But still man, 25-30 hours seems just too short to me. I know there will be a lot of other things to do, but San Andreas was like 30 hours too, storyline only, and they claimed "largest and most ambitious game to date" for this. I expected something around 40 sad.gif

HoofingNinja
  • HoofingNinja

Ninja

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Multiplayer.it answered to some questions about GTA V via twitter today while they were showing in live streaming NFS MW (I announced it today).

Hopefully I won't forget anything, here all the info they gave:

First of all, next week they will release an interview with Dan Houser, they teased that he will reply to lot of questions, such as "Why there never been female protagonists?" and "Why all GTAs are set in America and there aren't GTAs in other countries?"

- There is no a lead platform, they are developing the game at the same time in both PS3 and XBOX360
- Who saw the demo thinks that there won't be a Wii U version because rockstar is not experienced with this new console, but he is also confident that there will be a PC version after a few months.
- Who saw the demo said the graphics is amazing, and you can see the maniacal attention to all the details. Amazing graphics and attention to details combine together and give a credibility to the game world.
- Speaking of graphics, the demo had a lot of alias (Which is going to be fixed before release, of course) but the frame rate wasn't bad (but not perfect). Curiosity: They did the same presentation for GTA IV 5 years ago, and in this case the graphics was great but the frame rate was really bad.
- At the moment you can't switch between characters if you are in free roam and you are wanted, but they are still working on that so it may change (Maybe we'll be able to switch characters and then make a huge escape from police with all the characters together... Damn, this should be in the wish list lol)
- There will be multiple endings (Maybe we already know that, I can't remember)

As for the lenght of the game, Rockstar said that the main story alone lasts about as the red dead redemption one. So about 25-30 hours. But there will be a HUGE amount of secondary things to do.
Btw, It will last less than the one in GTA IV with Nico because they know that a lot of people didn't finish the story because it was too long.

End.

Awesome!

Yeah, hopefully shut the fanboys up about the 'leading console'.

And oooo, PC version in a few months? That probably means: 7 months haha

[DOK]MAFIABOSS
  • [DOK]MAFIABOSS

GTA V Madness

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

omg PC Conform inlove.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (I Shot The Sheriff @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:42)
But still man, 25-30 hours seems just too short to me. I know there will be a lot of other things to do, but San Andreas was like 30 hours too, storyline only, and they claimed "largest and most ambitious game to date" for this. I expected something around 40 sad.gif

For three protagonists i can see why you'd call it a bit short, but don't forget something. They don't say in what way this will be the case. If you take a taxi to your missions (and skip the ride) all the time, you will be done quite fast, i'm sure. But what if you drive over to your missions all the time and take it easy? I already know that it won't be of any concern for me, when i have a new GTA...what comes first? Nothing but exploration and messing around. It will be hours before i really start with missions. Unless i can't get a hold of a gun right away, then i might have to do a mission or two, but i doubt that.

Intstringeger
  • Intstringeger

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:52 PM Edited by manny_calavera, 16 November 2012 - 06:55 PM.

RDR didn't feel shorter than GTA IV, if the story is going to be as long as RDR's that's ok with me.

Kill Frenzy!
  • Kill Frenzy!

Skilled Driver

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:42)
QUOTE (GRINCH ASS BITCH @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:32)

I hope they fix that!

sad.gif I hope not man!

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Schafter V12 Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

But there will be a HUGE amount of secondary things to do.

Nice to know about the huge amount of activities.

IV story was huge is bullsh*t.
It was ideal.

Thank you for this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users