Photo

IGN - Welcome To Los Santos

58 replies to this topic
GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 15:56)
When writer Alex Simmons, from iGN, writes about where Trevor is from, he calls all the people who live there "scumbag inhabitants". Was that just a racist generalisation of people from rural places or am I missing something? The nerd won't get back to me or comment on what he meant. Can't racism get you fired? What if he said that all the people where Franklin is from are "scumbag inhabitants"? I bet that would've raised some eyebrows.

What the hell? Are you going to sue him for calling videogame characters names? biggrin.gif Da fuq?

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:18 PM Edited by SmC12, 16 November 2012 - 04:21 PM.

When writer Alex Simmons, from iGN, writes about where Trevor is from, he calls all the people who live there "scumbag inhabitants". Was that just a racist generalisation of people from rural places or am I missing something? The nerd won't get back to me or comment on what he meant. Can't racism get you fired? What if he said that all the people where Franklin is from are "scumbag inhabitants"? I bet that would've raised some eyebrows.

You do realise that it was probably R* themselves who told him that Blaine County inhabitants are "scumbags", right? Afterall, GTA is a parody of real life, so that demographic of people are most likely based on real inhabitants of that area - hillbilly's and such, in other words scumbags. That's what GTA does.

The place is full of methheads and psycopaths like Trevor, how else are you supposed to describe it? R* never intended for those inhabitants to seem like nice people.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

All they're really doing is talking about stuff we already know. It's pretty interesting but we could do with hearing something new.

hithere5
  • hithere5

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 14:00)
QUOTE (Niteye @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:58)
Comparable translates to 'a little smaller than' in my eyes.

Yeah, the thing is that other previews mentioned Los Santos is 4-5 times bigger than LC monocle.gif

It's just speculation from IGN and I also don't think it will be actually that big (5x of LC).

Yeah, I guess both statements are bullsh*t.
5x LC = the size of San Andreas. Thatīs just ridiculous.
I think LS will be about 1,5 to 2x LC, which is absolutely enough for me.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 09:56)

confused.gif No, your happy ass is just finding another dumb excuse to moan about how terrible IGN is. I don't care much for them, but that's just stupid. Give it a rest.

doubled
  • doubled

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Does somebody have any clue what time we are going to get new information/screenshots from IGN today?

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 12:18)

You do realise that it was probably R* themselves who told him that Blaine County inhabitants are "scumbags", right? Afterall, GTA is a parody of real life, so that demographic of people are most likely based on real inhabitants of that area - hillbilly's and such, in other words scumbags. That's what GTA does.

The place is full of methheads and psycopaths like Trevor, how else are you supposed to describe it? R* never intended for those inhabitants to seem like nice people.

Hillbillies are scumbags?

@Kifflom
I always defended IGN! WTF are you talking about?

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

LOL, IGN is such a joke.

They are showing the same sh*t again and again and again. Every day the same sh*t but in different form

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 20:03)

@Kifflom

If we're going to generalise and go by stereotypes, then yes. GTA is all about portraying sterotypes of American culture, so hillbillies have always been presented in that way, especially in San Andreas.
I personally don't know any, so I can't say, but generally they are portrayed as scumbags, and IGN were simply stating that.

Don't get offended, this is what R* do best.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:36)

@Kifflom

If we're going to generalise and go by stereotypes, then yes. GTA is all about portraying sterotypes of American culture, so hillbillies have always been presented in that way, especially in San Andreas.
I personally don't know any, so I can't say, but generally they are portrayed as scumbags, and IGN were simply stating that.

Yeah, people who work hard(coal miners), who make more money than you or alice simmons, who are honest, who don't need nothing from nobody, who hunt, grow their own food, & grow their own smoke, make their own alcohol,----yeah, they're scum bags. dozingoff.gif Sounds like typical jewish racist bullsh*t to me. You might wanna educate yourself about mountaineers; You cannot be a 'hillbilly' unless you are from the appalachias. Last time I checked, the appalachias do not run through Cali. The only people who generalise hillbillies as "scumbags" are the ignorant, and the parasites and their family & little friends who are stealing our natural resources. They spread those lies to dehumanise the people so that they can steal, lie, and murder.

What if I "generalised", and called your mommy, daddy, kids, grandmother, fuc*ing scumbags, just because all of you are jewish? Then what am I? Alice Simmons needs to go educate himself because he is an epic, racist, ugly, homosexual. I'm done with this discussion because I'm begining to get pissed. Don't press your racist luck with me or I'll report your a$$ for racism, and you will be banned. devil.gif

OT:
G.I. obviously didn't get a good look at V, it was very controlled, so that's why out of an 18 page spread, it's just not very well written with blurry details. Some things G.I. should've asked, they didn't. Just another good reason not to renew membership.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:00)
QUOTE (Niteye @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:58)
Comparable translates to 'a little smaller than' in my eyes.

Yeah, the thing is that other previews mentioned Los Santos is 4-5 times bigger than LC monocle.gif

It's just speculation from IGN and I also don't think it will be actually that big (5x of LC).

You are kidding yourself. Los Santos will NOT be 5x bigger than Liberty City. That figure you heard of was probably the 5x Red Dead Redemption, but that's for the entire GTAV map - not just the city itself.

They never gave an indication of the size of Los Santos alone - until now. To say it's comparable to Liberty City (as big as, or slightly smaller) sounds about right! Just look at the screens and trailers. The city will not be the full scale LA you guys were hyping it up to be. I knew it would be about 2.5x San Andreas Los Santos, with a similar layout. Which it's looking like.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

So IGN just took down the GTA V info from their home page hoping we would all forget??? I seriously f*cking hate that sight. Only thing good to come from that place is the all mighty Adriaan.

user posted imageuser posted image

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (urbanfire @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 12:03)
As soon as IGN posted saying "week long Blowout explosion of info", I called Bullsh*t. I knew it would just be the same stuff from GI, plus some speculations to complete the "filler" days.

While the interviews were interesting, but again, no new info, just what "inspired" them to set the location at Los Angeles - again, the same crap from GI magazine.

I want to know about minigames, shooting mechanics, driving handling, multiplayer - you know, the stuff that makes games - "Gameplay"??!!

Did someone hold a gun to your head telling you to read it?

It's a free article for fu*k sake, and it DID have some new info, they never claimed it was all going to be new.

I for one enjoyed the read, i'd really rather not have the entire list of mechanics from the game spoiled in an article. Most of the people who demand these sort of spoilers are the same people who get disappointed when they finally get the game because they already knew everything and nothing was a surprise. I used to be like that until i realized that surprises in games are great and spoilers suck.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 23:24)
QUOTE (SmC12 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 17:36)

@Kifflom

Yeah, people who work hard(coal miners), who make more money than you or alice simmons, who are honest, who don't need nothing from nobody, who hunt, grow their own food, & grow their own smoke, make their own alcohol,----yeah, they're scum bags. dozingoff.gif Sounds like typical jewish racist bullsh*t to me. You might wanna educate yourself about mountaineers; You cannot be a 'hillbilly' unless you are from the appalachias. Last time I checked, the appalachias do not run through Cali. The only people who generalise hillbillies as "scumbags" are the ignorant, and the parasites and their family & little friends who are stealing our natural resources. They spread those lies to dehumanise the people so that they can steal, lie, and murder.

What if I "generalised", and called your mommy, daddy, kids, grandmother, fuc*ing scumbags, just because all of you are jewish? Then what am I? Alice Simmons needs to go educate himself because he is an epic, racist, ugly, homosexual. I'm done with this discussion because I'm begining to get pissed. Don't press your racist luck with me or I'll report your a$$ for racism, and you will be banned. devil.gif

OT:
G.I. obviously didn't get a good look at V, it was very controlled, so that's why out of an 18 page spread, it's just not very well written with blurry details. Some things G.I. should've asked, they didn't. Just another good reason not to renew membership.

The f*ck is your problem bro? GTA was always like this.. they were portraying stereotypes of black people in San Andreas, and the same goes for Vice City, with the haitians and cubans, etc...

Don't get so f*cking offended by a videogame lol...

Besides, SmC12 didn't even say anything offensive or racist. He is still talking about the ingame stuff, which doesn't necessarily reflect real life. Also... you are really acting like an idiot now, taking sh*t too serious and misinterpreting stuff.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:26 AM Edited by SmC12, 17 November 2012 - 02:32 AM.

Wow someone needs to chill out. I think, if you read my post, I clearly said I don't know any "hillbillies". I live in f*cking Scotland you twat. So how could I possibly be racist when discussing a stereotype? I mean, have you played GTA at all? Seriously, it's not just hillbillies, all groups of people get the treatment from R*. From white snobs to black gangbangers, nobody is left out in GTA. It is a parody of American culture - I will repeat; a parody!

If you play San Andreas and go into the countryside, you'll see "hillbillies" (I don't care what the term refers to or if it's not accurate to California) walking around with straw in their mouth, overexaggerated accents, and a personality which makes them look aggressive, racist, extremist and pretty idiotic. I think the word 'scumbags' sums that up quite nicely, don't you? I don't care if you take offense to me, or R*, or IGN calling them that. Not only is this the internet, where the #1 rule is to not become offended to what other people have the right to say, but furthermore, we're talking about GTA! A game that is fueled by controversy and sterotypes. Get over yourself and don't be so idiotic by trying to defend a fake demographic of people in a game.

You can report my post for racism if you so please, instead of threatening me with it like I could give a f*ck that you got offended over nothing. Your post displays a clear lack of acceptance to criticism or opinions which challenge your own. That makes you out to be a closed-minded and oversensetive idiot. You can report that too if you find it offensive.

I don't think you should even be playing GTA in that case if topics like this bother you so much.

Have Mercy
  • Have Mercy

Makaveli Trained

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 02:26)

Wow someone needs to chill out. I think, if you read my post, I clearly said I don't know any "hillbillies". I live in f*cking Scotland you twat. So how could I possibly be racist when discussing a stereotype? I mean, have you played GTA at all? Seriously, it's not just hillbillies, all groups of people get the treatment from R*. From white snobs to black gangbangers, nobody is left out in GTA. It is a parody of American culture - I will repeat; a parody!

If you play San Andreas and go into the countryside, you'll see "hillbillies" (I don't care what the term refers to or if it's not accurate to California) walking around with straw in their mouth, overexaggerated accents, and a personality which makes them look aggressive, racist, extremist and pretty idiotic. I think the word 'scumbags' sums that up quite nicely, don't you? I don't care if you take offense to me, or R*, or IGN calling them that. Not only is this the internet, where the #1 rule is to not become offended to what other people have the right to say, but furthermore, we're talking about GTA! A game that is fueled by controversy and sterotypes. Get over yourself and don't be so idiotic by trying to defend a fake demographic of people in a game.

You can report my post for racism if you so please, instead of threatening me with it like I could give a f*ck that you got offended over nothing. Your post displays a clear lack of acceptance to criticism or opinions which challenge your own. That makes you out to be a closed-minded and oversensetive idiot. You can report that too if you find it offensive.

I don't think you should even be playing GTA in that case if topics like this bother you so much.

Don't mind butthurt folks such as him, they really don't belong on this forum to be honest. This place is for maniacs, racists, scumbags, trolls, and pure GTA fans,.

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

If meth addicts and outlaw bikers aren't some kind of scumbags, then dang!

As for the anti-semitism, that's just uncalled for. Being a scumbag isn't related to race, but anti- semitism sure is.

MrAwesome178
  • MrAwesome178

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

This is my first post here at this place biggrin.gif but honestly, there is NO WAY that tiny ass mountain is Mount Chiliad suicidal.gif

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

MUFC Champions 2012/13!!!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Might be a silly question, but does Mt. Chilliad being the highest point on the map mean planes can't fly above the peak? Or it's just the highest climbable peak? Anyways nobody can really answer for sure. I'd imagine we can fly higher than the peak though.

Delanto
  • Delanto

That's my line ya' dumb twit!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (GtaVComments @ Sunday, Jan 13 2013, 17:28)
Might be a silly question, but does Mt. Chilliad being the highest point on the map mean planes can't fly above the peak? Or it's just the highest climbable peak? Anyways nobody can really answer for sure. I'd imagine we can fly higher than the peak though.

By them saying it's the highest point, they mean the highest on foot, so you'll be able to fly over it, like that huge ass radio tower in IV

Jimmyhetfield
  • Jimmyhetfield

Master

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 23:51)
So IGN just took down the GTA V info from their home page hoping we would all forget??? I seriously f*cking hate that sight. Only thing good to come from that place is the all mighty Adriaan.

icon14.gif

IGN and Gametrailers lost it a long time ago I'm sad to say..

Have Mercy
  • Have Mercy

Makaveli Trained

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Jimmyhetfield @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 00:59)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 23:51)

icon14.gif

IGN and Gametrailers lost it a long time ago I'm sad to say..

The only place I trust is GTAV.net and Rockstar Newswire. Everyone else loves to pull sh*t of their ass.

thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (MrAwesome178 @ Friday, Jan 11 2013, 03:29)
This is my first post here at this place biggrin.gif but honestly, there is NO WAY that tiny ass mountain is Mount Chiliad suicidal.gif

Yeah, it's heaps small. turn.gif

herp derp

hinti21
  • hinti21

~~<====3

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (MERCYOVTHEDEVIL @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 03:03)
QUOTE (MetalisticMCena @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:49)
IGN is sh*t!

IGN, never fails to dissapoint..

user posted image

icon14.gif

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Can't wait to mountain bike up Mt.Chilliad and zoom down it later, even if it takes forever lol

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

They donīt write that we are likely to see bears, bobcats etc , they write "Are we likely to see bears, bobcats, mountain lions and eagles? Most likely...", in other words, IGN THINKS that this is likely.

S99
  • S99

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 17:49)
Can't wait to mountain bike up Mt.Chilliad and zoom down it later, even if it takes forever lol

or a motor bike

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

Man, the mods should just move this to the damn General Section....freakin IGN

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

The Zancudo river passes through the mountains and Grapeseed, a higly agricultural area

I really believe they'll be white water rafting in the game. very plausible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users