Photo

IGN - Welcome To Los Santos

58 replies to this topic
Have Mercy
  • Have Mercy

Makaveli Trained

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:45 AM Edited by MERCYOVTHEDEVIL, 16 November 2012 - 03:04 AM.

http://www.ign.com/a...know-los-santos

It has some names from the map, besides that it's pretty much covered in the GameInformer issue..

Info (most of which we already know)

-Los Santos is the most varied, densely populated and believable landscape it has ever created
-Los Santos makes Liberty City look a little two-dimensional by comparison
-Countryside features wind farms and oil derricks and tons of wildlife
-We are likely to see bears, bobcats, mountain lions and eagles
-The countryside is known as 'Blaine County'
-Blaine County features Mt. Chillad and a salty lake called the Alamo Sea
-Mt. Chillad is the highest point on the map
-Mountain biking is in the game
-Walking to the top or mountain biking to Mt. Chillad's peak will take a very long time
-We first meet Franklin in Vespucci Beach
-The Del Perro freeway cuts from the east to west and the Los Puerta freeway goes from north to south
-The Zancudo river passes through the mountains and Grapeseed, a higly agricultural area
-There are biplanes, jets, and helicopters in the game

IGN took the entire day to post this, and all I can say is: Bullsh*t.

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

took forever for ign to post this

Meekail
  • Meekail

Space Invader

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

IGN is sh*t!

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Disappointing actually. I thought they were going to list distinct areas of the city, and go really into detail with them, including those we haven't seen.

Have Mercy
  • Have Mercy

Makaveli Trained

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:03 AM Edited by MERCYOVTHEDEVIL, 16 November 2012 - 03:10 AM.

QUOTE (MetalisticMCena @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:49)
IGN is sh*t!

IGN, never fails to dissapoint..

user posted image

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

I thought it wa a good read. Obviously no new info but still an interesting read.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Yea, I agree. It might be mostly reused info, but it is still nice after waiting a long time for this info to come.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

To be honest, I would rather have no information than the same stuff recycled over and over.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

I'd like to see how much news we've actually originally gotten from IGN this week compared to how much they've reused.
at least R* gave us the trailer.

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (MERCYOVTHEDEVIL @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:45)

It has some names from the map, besides that it's pretty much covered in the GameInformer issue..

-Los Santos is the most varied, densely populated and believable landscape it has ever created
-Walking to the top or mountain biking to Mt. Chillad's peak will take a very long time
-The Del Perro freeway cuts from the east to west and the Los Puerta freeway goes from north to south
-The Zancudo river passes through the mountains and Grapeseed, a higly agricultural area

Actually, this information is something I like. It DID get me excited a little bit reading it. Knowing Mt. Chillad is going to take forever to climb; there is a countryside called Blaine County; possible wildlife will include bears and mountain lions; the fact that this game makes IV look 2 dimensional; 2 freeways, etc.

Honestly, I like vague information like this rather than "in depth" like some of you guys ask. Personally, I think THAT'S "too much" info but whatever, I do refrain from reading certain things on purpose but then again you can't hide anything from this site lol

goh13
  • goh13

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (alb-mac @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 05:34)
QUOTE (MERCYOVTHEDEVIL @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:45)

Actually, this information is something I like. It DID get me excited a little bit reading it. Knowing Mt. Chillad is going to take forever to climb; there is a countryside called Blaine County; possible wildlife will include bears and mountain lions; the fact that this game makes IV look 2 dimensional; 2 freeways, etc.

Honestly, I like vague information like this rather than "in depth" like some of you guys ask. Personally, I think THAT'S "too much" info but whatever, I do refrain from reading certain things on purpose but then again you can't hide anything from this site lol

This guy knows what’s up. This is the perfect way to give info, IMO. I am glad animals are there or might be there. I am very glad for that.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

That's news!

PureGold
  • PureGold

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing Mountain Lions.

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

I enjoyed that article. I have little issue with reading free articles that add their own take on information available elsewhere.

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

As soon as IGN posted saying "week long Blowout explosion of info", I called Bullsh*t. I knew it would just be the same stuff from GI, plus some speculations to complete the "filler" days.

While the interviews were interesting, but again, no new info, just what "inspired" them to set the location at Los Angeles - again, the same crap from GI magazine.

I want to know about minigames, shooting mechanics, driving handling, multiplayer - you know, the stuff that makes games - "Gameplay"??!!

gtafan023
  • gtafan023

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

stop being crying babies

thanks i like the article

Flo3005
  • Flo3005

Vice, my friend, Vice

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (gtafan023 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 12:18)
stop being crying babies

thanks i like the article

icon14.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Is this all people do? Bitch about IGN: "they always disappoint" "they suck" "incompetent gay nerds"-I really read this one somewhere "They're always posting bullsh*t".
Seriously, shut up for once, I read you all bicker and moan all week and it's annoying as hell, stop with the negative crap all of the time. It get's really repetitive and it's not even funny. I know many don't like IGN. Doesn't mean you should make fifty million damn posts saying they suck, who cares?

OT: I found a few good bits of info in here. Los Santos size is comparable to Liberty City's(of course with Bohan and Alderney for the skeptics), likely animals are mountain lions, bears, etc. Meet Franklin in Vespucci Beach, and Del Perro runs from West to East, and Los Puerta North to South.
I find that news because I didn't know I-2 would run to Santa Monica Beach like in real life with I-10.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

FourTwoZero

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 12:36)
Is this all people do? Bitch about IGN: "they always disappoint" "they suck" "incompetent gay nerds"-I really read this one somewhere "They're always posting bullsh*t".
Seriously, shut up for once, I read you all bicker and moan all week and it's annoying as hell, stop with the negative crap all of the time. It get's really repetitive and it's not even funny. I know many don't like IGN. Doesn't mean you should make fifty million damn posts saying they suck, who cares?

OT: I found a few good bits of info in here. Los Santos size is comparable to Liberty City's(of course with Bohan and Alderney for the skeptics), likely animals are mountain lions, bears, etc. Meet Franklin in Vespucci Beach, and Del Perro runs from West to East, and Los Puerta North to South.
I find that news because I didn't know I-2 would run to Santa Monica Beach like in real life with I-10.

"incompetent gay nerds" That is f*cking genius, i wonder who thought that up...

Hope you realize how hypocritical your post is.

Anyway, some guy pointed out a snake in the second trailer, that's pretty damn cool!

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 06:38)

Anyway, some guy pointed out a snake in the second trailer, that's pretty damn cool!

lol, I know who. tounge.gif
And look up hypocritical, I never hated on IGN.

But alls I'm trying to say is there was some info that came out of this, but all people could do was complain.
And there was a snake? Where, sounds interesting.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

FourTwoZero

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 12:45)
QUOTE (Red XIII @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 06:38)

lol, I know who. tounge.gif
And look up hypocritical, I never hated on IGN.

But alls I'm trying to say is there was some info that came out of this, but all people could do was complain.
And there was a snake? Where, sounds interesting.

user posted image

Found by DriverCNC in this thread: http://www.gtaforums...=533456&st=1680

Niteye
  • Niteye

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

It says that LS, the city itself without countryside is 'comparable' to Liberty City, which is new info for me.

Comparable translates to 'a little smaller than' in my eyes.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Niteye @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:58)

Yeah, the thing is that other previews mentioned Los Santos is 4-5 times bigger than LC monocle.gif

It's just speculation from IGN and I also don't think it will be actually that big (5x of LC).

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Where's the Rockstar interview?

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 07:00)
QUOTE (Niteye @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:58)

Yeah, the thing is that other previews mentioned Los Santos is 4-5 times bigger than LC monocle.gif

It's just speculation from IGN and I also don't think it will be actually that big (5x of LC).

They mean the world of Los Santos is 5x GTA IV but the city of Los Santos is 1x GTA IV.

IGN had access to Rockstar so anything they state as fact should be from what they saw in their demo and descriptions Rockstar reps gave them.

Los Angeles is predominantly low-rise sprawl so I expect Los Santos downtown to be relatively compact.

poncratias
  • poncratias

a thread for threads

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

mountain-lions, bears , eagles are NOT confirmed!

IGN just asked if we maybe would see these, and then awnsered it's own question with "maybe".

So they know nothing more about animals then us!

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

New screens coming up today?

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (MERCYOVTHEDEVIL @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 15:03)
QUOTE (MetalisticMCena @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:49)
IGN is sh*t!

IGN, never fails to dissapoint..

user posted image

That image is getting old.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

When writer Alex Simmons, from iGN, writes about where Trevor is from, he calls all the people who live there "scumbag inhabitants". Was that just a racist generalisation of people from rural places or am I missing something? The nerd won't get back to me or comment on what he meant. Can't racism get you fired? What if he said that all the people where Franklin is from are "scumbag inhabitants"? I bet that would've raised some eyebrows.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 15:56)
When writer Alex Simmons, from iGN, writes about where Trevor is from, he calls all the people who live there "scumbag inhabitants". Was that just a racist generalisation of people from rural places or am I missing something? The nerd won't get back to me or comment on what he meant. Can't racism get you fired? What if he said that all the people where Franklin is from are "scumbag inhabitants"? I bet that would've raised some eyebrows.

He's talking about in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users