The ghettos of Los santos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5,800 replies to this topic
Watts78
  • Watts78

Big Red

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Damn! I cant wait to get my '64 implala pimp it in green. Get some hydraulics on that sh** and cruise into ballas territory with my nine.

A good thang bout the hood is that it aint all jungle, we got the watts vibe with the houses streets etc.

so far i think we seen:

Watts
Baldwin Village/ Crenshaw
Maybe Compton

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:09)
-Enemies will behave different by who they are (SWAT is organized, gang members are more "gung ho")-

Awesome!

This is good to hear. Semi confirms our fear of gangs and how they act

Treetoppiru
  • Treetoppiru

bitch sittin cheap asshole

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

Can't wait to be bumpin some dj quik and Rollin through the hood blastin on any chump

teamfranklin91
  • teamfranklin91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

i declare war on ballas!!

clow4life
  • clow4life

Its Coming September 17th

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:43)
I haven't really seen any light shed on this area!

And I swear to god if the ghettos of Los santos aren't vibrant and I mean like:

-hearing gunshots in the distance
-dice games, hoes
-drug dealing and people yelling "5-0" and bolting when they see cops
- streetfights
-graffiti/ trash
-dogs barking
-police harassment on locals/ police helicopters
-AI crimes like witnessing a drive by or seeing a homicide scene
- and Ofcourse various gangs, perhaps broken down into decentralized sets not whole areas
-dodgy alleyways and shoes hanging off wires

If none of this is in the game or at least some of it I will be one pissed off person as they haven't done los santos properly. I don't care if its not part of the story. I just like to have that dangerous feel like little Haiti in vice city or st marks in gta III. IV was crap with the crime and vibrancy of ghetto areas

i 100% agree with this topic, i still stay in the hood but we no longer scream 5-0 no more we scream 12

Treetoppiru
  • Treetoppiru

bitch sittin cheap asshole

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (clow4life @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 02:14)

-dice games, hoes
- streetfights
-graffiti/ trash
-dogs barking
- and Ofcourse various gangs, perhaps broken down into decentralized sets not whole areas

If none of this is in the game or at least some of it I will be one pissed off person as they haven't done los santos properly. I don't care if its not part of the story. I just like to have that dangerous feel like little Haiti in vice city or st marks in gta III. IV  was crap with the crime and vibrancy of ghetto areas

i 100% agree with this topic, i still stay in the hood but we no longer scream 5-0 no more we scream 12

I just emailed R NORTH about the issue with ballas attacking police instead of frank. So hopefully well get sh*t that clears that up

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Treetoppiru @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 02:19)
QUOTE (clow4life @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 02:14)

-dice games, hoes
- streetfights
-graffiti/ trash
-dogs barking

If none of this is in the game or at least some of it I will be one pissed off person as they haven't done los santos properly. I don't care if its not part of the story. I just like to have that dangerous feel like little Haiti in vice city or st marks in gta III. IV  was crap with the crime and vibrancy of ghetto areas

I just emailed R NORTH about the issue with ballas attacking police instead of frank. So hopefully well get sh*t that clears that up

icon14.gif

Skitzo100
  • Skitzo100

Windy city

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

what about in this screen

user posted image

You can see 2651 or 26th?? and then "killer hills" on the bottom and then by the door "the hills". sorry for the big ol' screenshot lol

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (teamfranklin91 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:05)
i declare war on ballas!!

It's a wrap.

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:39 AM Edited by BoyzNGroveStreet, 11 July 2013 - 10:42 AM.

Idk if anyone else has noticed it but ill point it out anyways...

user posted image

user posted image

You can see how close the two screenshots were to eachother, it just makes the hood area/map look smaller n they tryin to hide it.
theyve done this a bunch of times, espicially wit the liquor store across tha road from Franklins place..

I dont mean to sound like i'm complaining or anything, id just thought id point it out since it may be a little deceivin or whatever.

Am i the only one or what?

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

I've been saying the same thing. Every time we see the ghetto, it's the same 3 areas.

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 10:48)
I've been saying the same thing. Every time we see the ghetto, it's the same 3 areas.

Right, if they hiding somethin it better be good..

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (BoyzNGroveStreet @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 10:39)

user posted image

user posted image

You can see how close the two screenshots were to eachother, it just makes the hood area/map look smaller n they tryin to hide it.
theyve done this a bunch of times, espicially wit the liquor store across tha road from Franklins place..

I dont mean to sound like i'm complaining or anything, id just thought id point it out since it may be a little deceivin or whatever.

They are only showing franklins hood.. Dont you wanna discover enemy hoods on your own?

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 11:51)

user posted image

user posted image

They are only showing franklins hood.. Dont you wanna discover enemy hoods on your own?

Yeah, notice the minimap? It's right next door to either Franklin or Lamar's house. Since it's a location of interest of course they're gonna try and shoot some screenshots in that zone.

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 10:51)

user posted image

user posted image

Yeah but it should be big enough to a point where they can show a little more.. n theres gotta be some kinda no mans land inbetween
the two sets, i dont have a problem wit them hiding anything, im just sayin.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (BoyzNGroveStreet @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 10:57)

user posted image

user posted image

Yeah but it should be big enough to a point where they can show a little more.. n theres gotta be some kinda no mans land inbetween

The boundaries of that families set is basically those apartments that wrap around/jungles, that row of houses across from the church and liquor store. So the other hoods are probably around the same size.. They gotta make it like this to give a sense of danger around every corner.

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 11:00)
QUOTE (BoyzNGroveStreet @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 10:57)

user posted image

user posted image

The boundaries of that families set is basically those apartments that wrap around/jungles, that row of houses across from the church and liquor store. So the other hoods are probably around the same size.. They gotta make it like this to give a sense of danger around every corner.

Right.. i gotcha.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

@ BoyzNGroveStreet

Well the zoom-in feature on the map in gameplay video pretty much confirms that the map is much bigger than we thought it would be. Yes, the gameplay images can look deceiving indeed, but Los Santos clearly is big, so the size of the ghettos should be fine.

@ UrbanTheEmcee

Paid In Full what a classic, brilliant movie !! icon14.gif

WertyRO
  • WertyRO

Roleplayer : Cop and G'

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Well, was checking again the gameplay, and noticed this :

user posted image

Isn't that some asian gang graffiti?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

@ WertyRO

What exactly makes you assume it might be Asian gang graffiti ?? You must have a good reason for bringing this up.

kasa
  • kasa

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (Watts78 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:44)
Damn! I cant wait to get my '64 implala pimp it in green. Get some hydraulics on that sh** and cruise into ballas territory with my nine.

A good thang bout the hood is that it aint all jungle, we got the watts vibe with the houses streets etc.

so far i think we seen:

Watts
Maybe Compton

hopefully you are right but tbh I miss Watts/Compton kind of hoods, Im still very afraid there is only a small hood area

are hydraulycs actually confirmed? Whenever there is talk about car customisation I don't see it mentioned

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:48)
Dice games/Ho's? Do you mean this to be a combined hybrid?

How mad will you be if there's no one yelling "five-OH!" which sounds about 1998ish. I never hear anyone say that, not in the past many years.

(and I listen a lot!)

People still use it. Trust me.

WertyRO
  • WertyRO

Roleplayer : Cop and G'

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 12:00)
@ WertyRO

What exactly makes you assume it might be Asian gang graffiti ?? You must have a good reason for bringing this up.

@ WertyRO

@ WertyRO

Because first, it looks like a graffiti, and the signs, especially the one on the left which only 75% of it can be seen, looks more like a chinese/japanese sign :

http://www.google.ro...373633892509696

Watts78
  • Watts78

Big Red

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (kasa @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 12:25)
QUOTE (Watts78 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:44)

so far i think we seen:

Watts
Maybe Compton

hopefully you are right but tbh I miss Watts/Compton kind of hoods, Im still very afraid there is only a small hood area

are hydraulycs actually confirmed? Whenever there is talk about car customisation I don't see it mentioned

Yeah im just hoping man! but yeah its good to see something familiar i hope in the watts area they have couple a projects repping Nickerson gardens, Jordan down, and imperial courts and throw the families in the gardens ballas in the others then have some set trippin between the ballas, just like real life, and the families can be like LS second biggest set, maybe some thing repping the rollin 20's maybe? as biggest

JCX1992
  • JCX1992

Merry Xmas !!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

user posted image

The Hood looks way too close to downtown. I'm not from LA but are the hoods in LA that close to downtown? Looks silly as hell with them skyscrapers in the background, kills off the LA vibe for me kinda confused.gif

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (JCX1992 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 21:01)
user posted image

The Hood looks way too close to downtown. I'm not from LA but are the hoods in LA that close to downtown? Looks silly as hell with them skyscrapers in the background, kills off the LA vibe for me kinda confused.gif

"The Hood", white guys make me laugh.

I'm from Chicago but the poorer neighborhoods are right by downtown.

Heck in DC the poor areas are right next to the country's capitol.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (WertyRO @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 12:58)
@ WertyRO

[QUOTE=Official General,Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 12:00]@ WertyRO

Because first, it looks like a graffiti, and the signs, especially the one on the left which only 75% of it can be seen, looks more like a chinese/japanese sign :

http://www.google.ro...373633892509696

Okay, okay you did not need to quote me 3 times.

I don't believe it looks like a Chinese or Japanese sign. Your eyes are seeing something else.

Watts78
  • Watts78

Big Red

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

user posted image

Depends where abouts you could be in uni park for example and downtown is real close but if you in watts, compton, westmont etc they aint so close

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

user posted image

Yea you are right.. The closest hoods to downtown out here are some mexican varrios.. 18th street etc.. Rollin 20s aint that far from downtown but not that close.. But u are rigjt.. It does kill the vibe of my city and the sprawling south LA

Watts78
  • Watts78

Big Red

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 21:10)
user posted image

The Hood looks way too close to downtown. I'm not from LA but are the hoods in LA that close to downtown? Looks silly as hell with them skyscrapers in the background, kills off the LA vibe for me kinda  confused.gif

Yea you are right.. The closest hoods to downtown out here are some mexican varrios.. 18th street etc.. Rollin 20s aint that far from downtown but not that close.. But u are rigjt.. It does kill the vibe of my city and the sprawling south LA

Specially gta's watts, compton and things with some big ass skyscrapers in the bg, yeah i know what you saying man i wasnt close down in watts but if you from up near uni park or historic s.c then its gonna feel really, homey, tounge.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users