The ghettos of Los santos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5,800 replies to this topic
KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

Chin up, Cheer up. Chin up.

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (MMG @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:28)
some people need to shut it if youre not from LA.
its impossible for any game to be 100% life scale.

los angeles, although still affected by gang violence, is not plagued with gang banging like it was in the 70s-90s.
real life compton and watts are nice as f*ck now.
sure some parts of it looks "ghetto" but the streets is cleaned up.

less emphasis on the ghetto is MORE realistic.

lakewood, carson, torrence, inglewood, norwalk, buena park all nice places to live.

grow up and grow out of your wannabe gangster persona.

This.
I've been thinking this same thing this entire thread. Fake ass wannabe thugs wishing they've been to LA. Smfh

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 23:27)
so far:

-no news on chicano gangs
-no news on different sets
-no news on size of hood (i personally think they are not showing the full map, it seems cut in half)
-no news on dynamic events in the hood (police helicopters above, random gunshots/drive by shootings and actually seeing them, gang wars, drug dealing)
-the ballas look like the brazillian favela gangs in max payne 3 (their clothing doesnt seem to represent current gang attire who the f*ck wears a doo rag ive never seen it)
-for almost 6 years i hope rockstar has put time into the ghettos and accurately represented them, 6 years is more than enough to get it right, but it seems there f*cking it up.

they say franklin is a gangbanger in a post gangbanging world but they seem to forget that LA has a rich gang history and there is, to this day, a very strong gang precesnce, its just less publicised in the media. LA is where gangbangin started they have the culture and everything, its still going strong, rockstar cant just say the culture died out and coin los santos in a "post gangbanging world". SMH

Where you from? Cause it's most definitely not LA, I could tell by what you wrote.

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (jokerJG @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 00:50)
Yall really do want San Andreas 2.

West Coast got a lot of new rappers that has made songs. Very good rappers. I'm 30 from Los Angeles so I know the old school westcoast music but I know this game gonna have members of Black Hippy(Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Ab-Soul, and Schoolboy), Odd Future, and Nipsey Hussle. It should also include Problem, Dom Kennedy, and YG. I'd be hyped to hear from other WC artists that yall prolly never heard of (TayF3rd, Ill Camille...etc) but this group is emcees essential to one of those stations.

I can't wait to hear Black Hippy, Dom, and the new crop of rappers.

SkylerArmor
  • SkylerArmor

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (KidAmnesiac42 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 01:00)

West Coast got a lot of new rappers that has made songs. Very good rappers. I'm 30 from Los Angeles so I know the old school westcoast  music but I know this game gonna have members of Black Hippy(Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Ab-Soul, and Schoolboy), Odd Future, and Nipsey Hussle. It should also include Problem, Dom Kennedy, and YG. I'd be hyped to hear from other WC artists that yall prolly never heard of (TayF3rd, Ill Camille...etc) but this group is emcees essential to one of those stations.

i persoanlly hate rap. its borring, unoriginal, and very annoying. ._. i just dont like rap. alot of wanna be "thugs" and "yolo" people. like seriously... but i guess this is the new world now suicidal.gif

kinda wish i wasnt born on this pathetic planet.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (detroit_outlaw @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 00:26)
QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 23:27)
so far:

-no news on chicano gangs
-no news on different sets
-no news on size of hood (i personally think they are not showing the full map, it seems cut in half)
-no news on dynamic events in the hood (police helicopters above, random gunshots/drive by shootings and actually seeing them, gang wars, drug dealing)
-the ballas look like the brazillian favela gangs in max payne 3 (their clothing doesnt seem to represent current gang attire who the f*ck wears a doo rag ive never seen it)
-for almost 6 years i hope rockstar has put time into the ghettos and accurately represented them, 6 years is more than enough to get it right, but it seems there f*cking it up.

they say franklin is a gangbanger in a post gangbanging world but they seem to forget that LA has a rich gang history and there is, to this day, a very strong gang precesnce, its just less publicised in the media. LA is where gangbangin started they have the culture and everything, its still going strong, rockstar cant just say the culture died out and coin los santos in a "post gangbanging world". SMH

I agree wit you a 100% created this account just to also say I k with you and the majority who will be pissed if Rockstar doesnt nail tje feel of the ghettos. It should be the same blueprint they used in San Andreas but enhanced. I dont wanna hear none of the bs about gang violence not bein relevant cuz anybody from la will beg to differ. Also like many have said they need to have that danger feelin of bein in the hood unlike IV where nikoo can walk through the roughest areas of liberty and go unnoticed unless attacking. Just Epic fail if this is not changed 6yrs to get the exact la feeling if south central is not dangerous and heavy gang influence.

thanks man, i appreciate this!

i know im not from LA but still, how much fun will the hesists be once the game is finished? What you re do them? theyll get old as f*ck.
After you fiinish the story the environment and good police AI is what keeps you entertained. So im just pushing for a really fun/gang infested hood that we can all f*ck around in and be a menace in society to.

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (SkylerArmor @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 01:20)

West Coast got a lot of new rappers that has made songs. Very good rappers. I'm 30 from Los Angeles so I know the old school westcoast  music but I know this game gonna have members of Black Hippy(Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Ab-Soul, and Schoolboy), Odd Future, and Nipsey Hussle. It should also include Problem, Dom Kennedy, and YG. I'd be hyped to hear from other WC artists that yall prolly never heard of (TayF3rd, Ill Camille...etc) but this group is emcees essential to one of those stations.

i persoanlly hate rap. its borring, unoriginal, and very annoying. ._. i just dont like rap. alot of wanna be "thugs" and "yolo" people. like seriously... but i guess this is the new world now suicidal.gif

All of that because of rap music? You got bigger issues than you might believe.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (omer19992010 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 18:06)
QUOTE (lava lamp @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:49)
this is the area i think the ghetto is

the red is the LS river

user posted image

This icon14.gif But I wonder how big the Gang Turf is. In San Andreas a lot of places that were middle class had gangs.

The ghetto is probably here:

user posted image

The area in the south that's east of the LS River appears to be industrial.

user posted image

SkylerArmor
  • SkylerArmor

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (kingcs @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 01:43)

Rap has played abig part in the mainstream lately.. by lately, i ment forever. rap is not good anymore. rap is sh*t. most of them are all about "yo tits that, ass this, puccy here..."etc.. its unoriginal. look at every rap song and i bet theres at least 8 in every 10 rap songs you hear has those words.

there are kids who listen to this sh*t. range from 10 - 16. and you see of them tryin to be flirty, etc. its disgusting. the human race should be probed to death by an unknown alien race for this sh!t. im not saying im racist or anything so please dont take this the wrong way... most of these songs come from african americans, but i gotta be honest, some are good and dont say such things.. rapping about how they had sex last night or how they got there dick "sucked". its all around the media, and it affects boys and girls alike.

But like i said.. i do not like rap and all of this is stated in my opinion. no need to go ape sh!t and say "oh hes racist he doesnt like rap!1!!!1!11!"

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (SkylerArmor @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 01:51)

Rap has played abig part in the mainstream lately.. by lately, i ment forever. rap is not good anymore. rap is sh*t. most of them are all about "yo tits that, ass this, puccy here..."etc.. its unoriginal. look at every rap song and i bet theres at least 8 in every 10 rap songs you hear has those words.

there are kids who listen to this sh*t. range from 10 - 16. and you see of them tryin to be flirty, etc. its disgusting. the human race should be probed to death by an unknown alien race for this sh!t. im not saying im racist or anything so please dont take this the wrong way... most of these songs come from african americans, but i gotta be honest, some are good and dont say such things.. rapping about how they had sex last night or how they got there dick "sucked". its all around the media, and it affects boys and girls alike.

But like i said.. i do not like rap and all of this is stated in my opinion. no need to go ape sh!t and say "oh hes racist he doesnt like rap!1!!!1!11!"

lmao. I didn't say anything about race. I didn't go ape sh*t either, you came into this topic and went ape sh*t on how much you hate rap.

Alaannnn
  • Alaannnn

Film Director

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (SkylerArmor @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 20:51)

listen to a Kendrick Lamar or an Ab Soul track and tell me if any of the statements you made relate to their songs.

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

Speedy and Slightly Agitated

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (Alaannnn @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 02:00)
QUOTE (SkylerArmor @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 20:51)

listen to a Kendrick Lamar or an Ab Soul track and tell me if any of the statements you made relate to their songs.

Not all of Rap is like that. "YOLO" is basically frowned upon now. Good old hip hop may be making a comeback with artists like Joey Bada$$, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, etc. All of those guys have a message in their songs most of the time and do not portray the bad things that turn you off about rap. Most of the reason why you think rap is stupid is probably because all you've heard is mainstream bullsh*t like Drake, Lil Wayne, and Rick Ross.

Mv6
  • Mv6

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:36 AM

Gangs are still around but this isn't the 90s anymore. Most of the municipalites have cleaned up very nicely. I wont be surprised if there isn't any heavy emphasis on gangs. Things have calmed down in a way.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

your telling me you dont feel this sh*t, look how hard they spit

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 01:43)

the red is the LS river

user posted image

This icon14.gif But I wonder how big the Gang Turf is. In San Andreas a lot of places that were middle class had gangs.

user posted image

user posted image

i dont think thats the full map i think they cut it in half and havent shown tohe whole map

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 04:48)
i dont think thats the full map i think they cut it in half and havent shown tohe whole map

I think it's most of the map, but I do agree that it doesn't show everything.

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

I hate to break it to you but the sh*t the op described still happens except in some places they say the boys or popo. All depends on the area. So everyone saying its not the 90s anymore needs to kick rocks cuz your obviously sheltered. I see that sh*t everyday out here in detroit. I imagine compton isn't much different. And yes the hood should be more dangerous. I remember one time when we were teenagers my friend got his first cell phone. Nothing nice. Well he got a call and was talking to someone as we were walking to the minimart and a group of thugs were sitting on the porch drinking 40s and smoking blunts. One of them though came up from behind and punched my friend trying to take his phone. So me and my friend tried fighting back but eneded up getting jumped by the whole group. When we went back to his house his mom so we were all black and blue so she called the cops and went to the scene of the incident. Cops never showed. That's the hood. They do what they want with no sense of reprucssions. sh*t the cops don't give a f*ck. Our policticians make their pockets fat and then resign. Look at kwame. So yea this sh*t still happens and if R* is trying to detail everything then the hood needs to be detailed too

Watts78
  • Watts78

Big Red

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (KidAmnesiac42 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 00:55)

los angeles, although still affected by gang violence, is not plagued with gang banging like it was in the 70s-90s.

lakewood, carson, torrence, inglewood, norwalk, buena park all nice places to live.

This.
I've been thinking this same thing this entire thread. Fake ass wannabe thugs wishing they've been to LA. Smfh

Yo MMG what you smoking homie? I just moved from watts in 09 and it was still a sh*thole crawling with bangers, yeah it aint as bad as it was but it is still bad niggas getting blasted at every day!

kasa
  • kasa

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 04:48)
QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 01:43)

the red is the LS river

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I hope the ghetto area is bigger then that! I don't just want a yuppie city!

detroit_outlaw
  • detroit_outlaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

This.

What planet do you live on compton and watts are clean and the ghettos not striving with gangs can tell you have no knowledge of the streets. Look at how boring IV got after the missions were complete for all of you saying the game is about heist once the game is over and heist are done then what? That is why its a must nailing a realistic environment to play around in. San andreas still had a ton of life after the game was over getting attacked by rival gangs etc the peds seemed alot more interactive in 3 era.

Watts78
  • Watts78

Big Red

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (detroit_outlaw @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 15:32)

This.

What planet do you live on compton and watts are clean and the ghettos not striving with gangs can tell you have no knowledge of the streets. Look at how boring IV got after the missions were complete for all of you saying the game is about heist once the game is over and heist are done then what? That is why its a must nailing a realistic environment to play around in. San andreas still had a ton of life after the game was over getting attacked by rival gangs etc the peds seemed alot more interactive in 3 era.

Hey ma nig he on a different planet to us. Man im born n raised in watts and its a sh*thole.

detroit_outlaw
  • detroit_outlaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Watts78 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 15:41)

This.

Hey ma nig he on a different planet to us. Man im born n raised in watts and its a sh*thole.

Lmaoo right I still here nigs talkin about how reckless the jungles are and how you better have those colors right lol these white neerds get on here listen to 50 cent n think they know everything about the streets

Watts78
  • Watts78

Big Red

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (detroit_outlaw @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 15:55)

This.

Lmaoo right I still here nigs talkin about how reckless the jungles are and how you better have those colors right lol these white neerds get on here listen to 50 cent n think they know everything about the streets

yeah homie i hear you, where you from anyway?

detroit_outlaw
  • detroit_outlaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Watts78 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 16:01)

This.

yeah homie i hear you, where you from anyway?

I m from Detroit bro so I can relate

bakerach
  • bakerach

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

This.

"White neerds"-- is that because I'm Anglo-American and use punctuation? I can promise I know plenty about "the streets" even though I'm white and got good grades and went to college, 50 Cent notwithstanding. Racist asshole.

detroit_outlaw
  • detroit_outlaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (bakerach @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 17:11)

This.

"White neerds"-- is that because I'm Anglo-American and use punctuation? I can promise I know plenty about "the streets" even though I'm white and got good grades and went to college, 50 Cent notwithstanding. Racist asshole.

Did I say any racial derogatory term no so shut the hell up the ish you said makes your street knowledge questionable just cause you take the time to type in complete sentence on a damn forum doesnt make you smart do some research on gangs in la then holla at me

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Man yall trippin..lol.. Its just gta

bakerach
  • bakerach

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (detroit_outlaw @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 17:16)

This.

Did I say any racial derogatory term no so shut the hell up the ish you said makes your street knowledge questionable just cause you take the time to type in complete sentence on a damn forum doesnt make you smart do some research on gangs in la then holla at me

"White nerds" seems pretty derogatory when you're talking about those people like they're ignorant... smh. Also, if you need to research gangs on the internet to know about the streets, you might not be as hood as you think biggrin.gif

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hey I'm just another white nerd from the burbs who wants to chime in.

want to see gangs back regardless if its real to current day LA or not.

Its more interesting is all, besides all the racial talk in this topic.

My favorite game was SA and CJ was my fav protag. I really liked the feel of the rags to riches gameplay. I liked the gangster story behind it all.

I'm just speaking from a videogamer point of view.

detroit_outlaw
  • detroit_outlaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (bakerach @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 17:24)
QUOTE (detroit_outlaw @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 17:16)

This.

"White nerds" seems pretty derogatory when you're talking about those people like they're ignorant... smh. Also, if you need to research gangs on the internet to know about the streets, you might not be as hood as you think biggrin.gif

Umm yes cuz what he said was ignorant I dont need to research nothin cuz I already know it in and out now you sound just as ignorant as him

detroit_outlaw
  • detroit_outlaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Back on topic I hope they switch up the gangs attacking cops instead of you thats backwards if I m franklin who is a rival to the ballas but when I m getting chased by cops theyre helping me that breaks immersion if your the other 2 protags your in the ganglands and they just allow you to walk through balla turf unnoticed unless attacked that also kills it I dont want anymore of that boring gta IV ghetto vibe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users