The ghettos of Los santos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5,800 replies to this topic
The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (matt19811 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 13:17)
your a doodo head f*ck you and your statistics you could clealy see more crime in the streets back then

Prove it than crybaby.

Also explain why certain parts of the Southwest are basically no go zones because of dangerous drug cartels?
http://www.criminall...nce-cases.shtml

Violence will always increase. There is just one era where crime was at its high. Crime will always increase, doesn't matter what year,decade or century we live in.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (matt19811 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 11:44)
i live near philly and dangerous activity in the streets all around has decreased significantly. Try to randomly find drugs on the street, it will take you forever. Back in the day people would be yelling up and down the streets what they we selling. Crime in america can no way be as bad as it use to and don't let these younger people who think they are hard tell you different. The streets have become pussified since the late 90's

Oh really ?? The streets have become pussified these days ?? Ha ha ! I must say your comment did make me laugh. Well you wrong bro, even wrong about your hometown city of Philadelphia. I've been to Philly myself and I know people who live there, and from what I see and now, Philly streets are definitely not pussified.

This is from the mid 2000s, these Philly streets sure don't look pussy to me :

Street gangs and criminals in the hood just got a bit smarter and will do things a little differently these days than they did in the 90s or whatever, but it makes the hood no less dangerous. LA is still very rife with street gang activity and culture, it is definitely not something that just went away after the 90s, that's a load of bullsh*t. LA gangs have also expanded beyond LA county and also in Las Vegas, they are diversifying their operations and set-up, stuff changes, but stuff like gang activity and violence still stays the same.

Do research for yourself and stop saying made up things from off the top off your head.

5000 Staples
  • 5000 Staples

Skadooooosh

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

I read the topic title as

"the ghosts of los santos"

I was very disappointed to what I started reading sad.gif

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (5000 Staples @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 13:30)

If you don't like what you see here, then get the F**K OUT icon14.gif

matt19811
  • matt19811

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Ok you have convinced me there is more crime on the streets then ever smile.gif

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (matt19811 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 13:43)
Ok you have convinced me there is more crime on the streets then ever smile.gif

I'm not gonna get into crime rates and statistics. All I know is that the ghetto streets of LA, Philly and certain other major U.S. cities are definitely not pussified.

matt19811
  • matt19811

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

compared to before even? in philidelphia after operation sunrise when the cleaned the streets up, they have never been the same. The fun is over

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

I hope the ghettos of Los Santos are bigger then entire Bohan though.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

For all the people who think crime in US cities has toned down since the 90s...Why don't you all take a long walk in Detroit or even St Louis. Than you'll know for sure if crime decreased or increased.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

I'd love to hear "Omar's comin' yo". Would be a sweet reference to The Wire.

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:52)
You know South Central LA is nothing like it was in the 90's right?

this

if i'm not mistaken most of the black and latino community were told to sell their homes cheap with the promise of new communities being built on the outskirts for them. this didn't happen of course and now sc is prime real estate for hipsters who like the cache the area has. i think there was an advert in SA which made fun of this.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

My worry is that the LS ghettos might be too small. I don't want 5-6 blocks passed in 2 minutes by driving like it was in San Andreas. I want ghettos with a scared feeling driving on the highway and be thankful for not driving next to it in the neighborhood.

MotjoBoss
  • MotjoBoss

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

I think there will be a lot of gangfights in the ghettos of LS. You've seen the rednecks fight with eachother in the trailer. The same will happen in LS only they'll have guns.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:12 PM Edited by Official General, 19 November 2012 - 02:15 PM.

QUOTE (matt19811 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 13:55)
compared to before even? in philidelphia after operation sunrise when the cleaned the streets up, they have never been the same. The fun is over

They have tried to clean up the streets of most major U.S. cities, will a lot big success for most part, and yeah crime indeed has gone down compared to before. But my point is, don't let all those statistics fool you sh*t still happens regularly - people still get shot everyday, gangs still sell drugs on the streets and engage in wars with each other, street crime in general is rife. The only difference is, is that most of the crime these days in the hood is contained within the hood by the law enforcement authorities. As long as that happens, then it's not really a major problem to America. You should know all this, or maybe you don't.

Since Rudy Guiliani's Zero Tolerance crime reduction policy beginning in the late 1990s, New York City is now classed as one of the safest cities in the USA, but a lot sh*t still goes down in the streets even up until now. Most of the street crime and gang stuff happens in hoods that are of lesser importance to the authorities. For instance, as long as mid and lower Manhattan are very low with crime it's all good, but it's normal to have high street crime levels in Brooklyn. Check out these clips, from the streets of certain Brooklyn hoods.

All very recent incidents within the last year, and NYC is considered very safe ? That's my point.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 13:31)
QUOTE (5000 Staples @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 13:30)

If you don't like what you see here, then get the F**K OUT icon14.gif

100% piss off

GTAVwillBeAwesome
  • GTAVwillBeAwesome

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

I totally agree....Its not like we (the protag(s)) are the only ones commiting crimes. When you are in the hood you should see Civillian police chases and Killings, or carjackings. The "Hood" in GTA IV was a little too weak. Nobody wanted any trouble unless they were approched. It might even be a good idea to have different personalities of the police. they should be more harsh and strict in the hood and Maybe a little more nicer in the other parts of Los Santos. All of the different areas should be different from others...so things aren't so predictable.

VegaLA
  • VegaLA

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:49 PM Edited by VegaLA, 20 November 2012 - 06:58 PM.

I hear that Chatsworth, Canoga Park and even Woodland Hills is rife with Gangs, but I feel so much safer there then I did driving down Century Blvd last night just to pick up my Dad from the Airport.

Aside from Ross Kemp's documentary for the BBC a few years back are there any recent docs that explore Gang culture in present day LA?

EDIT: Just read the post a few above about NYC. That place is virtually DisneyTown now. When I went there in 1992 the place had an edge to it but now its a tourists paradise, which is no bad thing but it has lost character. Watch some of the old movies from the late 70s, Basketcase, Death wish, MS45..... its a completly different city.
Right now i'm midway through watching the TV show Starsky & Hutch, just to get a feel of how life was back in the late 70s inLA.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (SHARKEM @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 09:07)
QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:52)
You know South Central LA is nothing like it was in the 90's right?

this

if i'm not mistaken most of the black and latino community were told to sell their homes cheap with the promise of new communities being built on the outskirts for them. this didn't happen of course and now sc is prime real estate for hipsters who like the cache the area has. i think there was an advert in SA which made fun of this.

No you are mistaken. LA is still very ethnic. There are even more "minorities" there than there were in the 90's too. Like most of California, it's just suffering from a lack of a healthy sized middle class. Therefore, we are seeing a lot of gentrification in that area as the 'hoods' are usually on some decent real estate in terms of economic land value.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:40 PM Edited by Official General, 20 November 2012 - 08:25 PM.

QUOTE (VegaLA @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 18:49)

EDIT: Just read the post a few above about NYC. That place is virtually DisneyTown now. When I went there in 1992 the place had an edge to it but now its a tourists paradise, which is no bad thing but it has lost character. Watch some of the old movies from the late 70s, Basketcase, Death wish, MS45..... its a completly different city.
Right now i'm midway through watching the TV show Starsky & Hutch, just to get a feel of how life was back in the late 70s inLA.

When you meant NYC is Disney Town, you were obviously speaking about only Manhattan, especially south of Harlem, which is what comes to mind when non-native New Yorkers think of NYC.

Try going to very rough housing projects in NYC hoods within Brooklyn (Bed-Stuy, Brownsville and Flastbush) or Queens (Jamaica, Queensbridge) and act like it's Disney town with no ghetto pass, or try going to these places dressed with expensive jewelry or looking like you got a lot of cash on you. Go on I dare you. Don't be too surprised if you come out of there not looking too good, if you get robbed with a gun in your face, or if you even come out of there alive at all. You talk like you really know whats up, but I know you'd never set foot in those areas in real-life with such brimming confidence.

Did you not even view the video clips ?? NYC being one of the safest cities in the USA does not necessarily mean it's generally a safe place, you need to understand that.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Seriously f*ck these points people are making that the ghettos are "soft" now, get a grip i bet most of you wouldn't even step foot in the place. So why cant that level of danger be put into GTA V? Yeah maybe it aint like the 90s but the places are still dangerous and intimidating. Surely this would be a realistic feature to be put into the game especially if your playing as Michael or Trevor.

DickieM
  • DickieM

►S☼LS◄

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

What you call "ghetto" in LA are paradise compared to places like Washington DC, New Orleans and Detroit. confused.gif

kasa
  • kasa

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

I want a place with a ghetto kind of feeling; not only hollywood, beverly hills and countryside, if they recreate LA the right way Watts should be in it

DXfan01
  • DXfan01

Real Nigga

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (DickieM @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 13:11)
What you call "ghetto" in LA are paradise compared to places like Washington DC, New Orleans and Detroit. confused.gif

Man gtfo with that sh*t.. you sound so stupid.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (DXfan01 @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 20:25)
What you call "ghetto" in LA are paradise compared to places like Washington DC, New Orleans and Detroit.  confused.gif

Its true. Detroit especially makes LA look like paradise.

Not to be cruel, but IMO LA is overrated when it comes to crime/violence.

DXfan01
  • DXfan01

Real Nigga

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 13:29)
What you call "ghetto" in LA are paradise compared to places like Washington DC, New Orleans and Detroit.  confused.gif

Bro stop... I been to Detroit a lot... my Grandma lives there right in the hood.. I seen my cousin pull an AK on a guy over basketball.. but I also live in LA and it's really the same exact thing so don't downplay LA hoods over East coast hoods.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (DXfan01 @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 20:34)

Bro stop... I been to Detroit a lot... my Grandma lives there right in the hood.. I seen my cousin pull an AK on a guy over basketball.. but I also live in LA and it's really the same exact thing so don't downplay LA hoods over East coast hoods.

I know people who live in Detroit too and try say it's hell...Not only is the crime bad, but the economy is terrible and also their corrupt ass mayor isn't doing anything. Detroit had been murder capitol more than LA. Many people in Detroit are trying to leave.

I'll rather live in Compton LA any day over Detriot. I'm not even making this up. LA is highly overrated..Not trying to offend anybody. And Detroit is Midwest.

And at least in LA people are not homeless and losing their homes occasionally.

DXfan01
  • DXfan01

Real Nigga

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 13:42)

I know people who live in Detroit too and try say it's hell...Not only is the crime bad, but the economy is terrible and also their corrupt ass mayor isn't doing anything. Detroit had been murder capitol more than LA. Many people in Detroit are trying to leave.

I'll in Compton LA any day over Detriot. I'm not even making this up. LA is highly overrated..Not trying to offend anybody. And Detroit is Midwest.

And at least in LA people are not homeless and losing their homes occasionally.

Alright.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

You haven't lived in Detroit though....

stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

I could walk through those hoods without getting robbed

DXfan01
  • DXfan01

Real Nigga

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (FranticFatality @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 13:49)

You haven't lived in Detroit though....

I've stayed there months at a time.. So i kind of did live there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users