• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

there should be some ghetto part in the game

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Well we have to remember in the GTA universe the crime rate is like a 10 times multiplier of what it is in real life. Hell over the course of a storyline there's over 100 people killed by just you. R* aid the GTA universe is like if the crazy chases we see on tv was real life meaning in the GTA-verse it's a lot crazier then real life in general. I do agree though LA is no where near the same as it was in the 90s. Gangbanging is not gangbanging anymore. What was releveant in SA would not fit now because it isn't the same. Their of course is still gang tensions and gang shootouts but as someone else said it's alot more organized. LA still has about 300 murders a year but that's with a population of what 3 million compared to in the 90s where it was high hundreds and maybe inching a thousand.

I think the best vibe should be you'll see the differences in neighborhoods. You should see people selling drugs and standing in front of houses chilling or driving around. This is Los Santos we're talking about if theres drug dealing in neighrhoods these are gang members selling the drugs. Parks in South Los Santos should not be the same as parks in Rockford Hills. The parks in South LS should have gang members congregating in the park and playing basketball, smoking doing things that happen. As long as R* makes it so these neighborhoods differ and you know the different gangs and they show their presence then R* will have had it n point. There should still be shootouts and various crimes like car jackings happening and differnt dangers depending on the time of day and actions you partake in. If you flip off some gang members they may try to jump you and if you start a shootout maybe more members start looking for you.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

Also LA has some of the nicest looking neighrhoods that are gang infested. LA is not build like NY or Chicago. What would be middle class in most cities is a gang ran area in Compton. Their hoods aren't that ran down compared to other places. They obviously look much different in South LA then Beverly Hills but Crenshaw Blvd does not look anything like some of the least worst looking areas in Detroit. Hell South Central LA is literally right next to the wealthiest black neighborhood in LA with Baldwin Hills. If you've heard of Baldwin Village that's where the Black P Stone Bloods are and they are 1 of the strongest gangs in LA and those projects are not far from a very affluent neighborhood.
  • Colognenigguh likes this

DXfan01
  • DXfan01

Real Nigga

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (Sergi @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 23:00)
Also LA has some of the nicest looking neighrhoods that are gang infested. LA is not build like NY or Chicago. What would be middle class in most cities is a gang ran area in Compton. Their hoods aren't that ran down compared to other places. They obviously look much different in South LA then Beverly Hills but Crenshaw Blvd does not look anything like some of the least worst looking areas in Detroit. Hell South Central LA is literally right next to the wealthiest black neighborhood in LA with Baldwin Hills. If you've heard of Baldwin Village that's where the Black P Stone Bloods are and they are 1 of the strongest gangs in LA and those projects are not far from a very affluent neighborhood.

and I see niggas from 60s all the time in Ladera Heights too bro.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (DXfan01 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 06:02)
QUOTE (Sergi @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 23:00)

and I see niggas from 60s all the time in Ladera Heights too bro.

icon14.gif vngs too

Skitzo100
  • Skitzo100

Windy city

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 03:14)
QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 21:52)
You know South Central LA is nothing like it was in the 90's right?

The 90's has nothing to do with it. Go to any ghetto in america right now, and there is someone waiting to get into a criminal act. They don't like outsiders. You can get your face stomped in by multiple people, just for being in the wrong place, or looking out of place. There is yellow tape surrounding blocks every night. Death is a common theme in most ghettos. Men with no sense of remorse, killing because it's the easiest way to resolve a conflict. Liqour stores, crack houses, police patrol, porject buildongs, etc... These things aren't just a backdrop. Real people caught in the circumstance inhabit these areas. It is real.

I don't know where you live, but I've been to the hood and walked pass gang members in Chicago and nothing happens to me (no jinx) most of crimes happen here is summer time during late night. Chicago also got rid of there projects. Just letting you know!

But yeah I agree with some of the things you said and some of the stuff will most likely be in the game. icon14.gif

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

I just hope they put that stuff in the game, imagine taking. Leisurely stroll down the ghetto then all of a sudden you see a drive by.

Or when u walk past gang members they say "you on the wrong set"
It's the little things like that that bring the ghetto to life
  • Treetoppiru likes this

ColePhelps
  • ColePhelps

Browsing the forums since 2004

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

been to SCLA a couple of times in the past, got a few cousins down there... day time its pretty not bad at all really, keep off the streets at night = no trouble. i'd like to have shootings/drive-bys stuff like that... watch this gives you a feeling what its like down there

ill-thoughts
  • ill-thoughts

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

if you flip off a baller in GTA5, you should automatically be shot at....thats how it goes in real life 99% of the time.

and if he has no gun, he should chase you down the street and attack you.

PlaystationGamer266
  • PlaystationGamer266

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

If rockstar wishes to make los santos as close to california as possible, they must include all these features, including trannies

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Maybe at times the way the hood treats you will depend on who you are, maybe franklin will blend in more, or even Trevor. But since michael does look a bit wealthy, hoodlums will attempt to mug you, & you can decide to let them or put a bullet in their heads.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Expanding on the Bohan feel while inserting some West Coast vibe into it would be perfectly fine with me.

POES_
  • POES_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

and people pulling out their phones yelling worldstar every time something crazy happens

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (POES_ @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 08:04)
and people pulling out their phones yelling worldstar every time something crazy happens

Hahaaaaaa.. jus showed my girl this.. Shes dyin laughing

DXfan01
  • DXfan01

Real Nigga

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 01:08)

hahaha this is the truest sh*t I've ever seen on here.

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

I hate the way people call it the 'hood' but yeah every city in the world has parts with poor angry stupid people so of course there is a lot of crime.

Zxirius.
  • Zxirius.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:38 AM Edited by Zxirius, 16 November 2012 - 08:46 AM.

You guys talking about the south side of Chicago are hilarious. My family is from a quiet neighborhood on the southwest side near Midway Airport, and I grew up in and out of Chicagoland. The entire south side is not a huge ghetto with crime everywhere like the majority of the world seem to believe for some reason. There are actually some pretty nice neighborhoods on the south side, but with all of the gang activity in specific neighborhoods crime tends to be pretty common (in those neighborhoods mostly), but mostly at night.

I'd have to say if I had to think of the worst area on the south side, it would have to be Englewood and anything immediately surrounding it. For you non-natives, that means just stay away from anything immediately west of the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-94) and you'll be fine. The farther west you get from the Dan Ryan, the safer you are.

Having driven through these areas from one time or another, you can expect the typical high amounts of graffiti, lots of jay walking, people walk in groups (always), lots of large rimmed vehicles with lowered suspension, if I have my window open it's not uncommon to hear yelling but you're not sure from where, cops frequent this region in vehicles or walking about. I have only driven in these areas in the day-time, so I have no idea what it's like at night (I'd prefer to keep it that way).

When talking about those areas with other people in the Chicago area, it's common knowledge that you drive through and not stop in these areas (unless you absolutely have to) and avoid them completely at night.

Anyway, that was just a little insight for those of you who seem to be a little confused about Chicago's south side and I hope that sheds a little light on the matter.

Elson
  • Elson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (DXfan01 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 08:09)
QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 01:08)

hahaha this is the truest sh*t I've ever seen on here.

LMAO
I agree with the OP though , having those thangs would really make this game great

kingdmx
  • kingdmx

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

South Central is a big part of LA and must be represented int the game,the area is still infested with gangs but not as violent as back in the days.I hope we see East LA too,that part is most occupied by mexicans gangs.

kidkash1a
  • kidkash1a

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

i remember in the GI magazine it said youll see gangs hanging outside liquor stores and 24/7 stores and they looked threatning
so theres a plus.

kidkash1a
  • kidkash1a

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

LOOOL

From B With Love
  • From B With Love

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Maybe we need a poll on here how many forum members are actually members of affiliated south central gang members who know what's good in the hood

Yosonitzmeyadad
  • Yosonitzmeyadad

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:52)
You know South Central LA is nothing like it was in the 90's right?

Im sure you know all about south central out there in wales, the only crime you've ever seen over there is beastiality and incest you're probably one of the same ones saying Asian gangs run LA now because you saw it on Gangland.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

keeep this topic alive people, seriously we need light shed in this area? i dont want the IV ghetto feeling in V cause that was sh*t, it was as dangerous as the prosperous algoguin

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 22:23)
keeep this topic alive people, seriously we need light shed in this area? i dont want the IV ghetto feeling in V cause that was sh*t, it was as dangerous as the prosperous algoguin

Agreed.

I even made a thread about this.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 22:26)

Agreed.

Really? post it on here brother so we can expand this topic, im over all the hype on the heists i care about the dynamics of the game world and what it has to offer after i finish the campaign, the campaign only lasts for so long ukno?

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 22:28)
QUOTE (The Made Man @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 22:26)

Agreed.

Really? post it on here brother so we can expand this topic, im over all the hype on the heists i care about the dynamics of the game world and what it has to offer after i finish the campaign, the campaign only lasts for so long ukno?

The thread was mostly about gangs.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=533160

But I did rant about how gangs in IV weren't as intimidating and how the hood didn't feel dangerous. Also I said the new "flipping people off" feature should make gangs attack you.

Yeah the ghetto should feel very dangerous. I mean this is LA/LS.

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Well the way Rockstar talked about peds I'm sure the Hood would be alive.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

hope so maan

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

I hope gangs or people in the hood blast loud music in the street just like in real life LA. Just like you heard loud music in the apartments in the hood in GTA IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users