The ghettos of Los santos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5,800 replies to this topic
lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (chibulls @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 17:47)
@Getzmunney @ OhSoPaid

Thanks for y'all insight because y'all from LA....... But yea man I think South LS and East LS is going to be bigger than we think.

And like you guys said we haven't even seen the Barrios yet.

Love the sig. Home.

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

the ones in sa felt empty , especially those white building near grove street with no roofs , with cloths hanging . THere were no people near there

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

user posted image

New info maybe?

No idea what it says lol

OhSoPaid
  • OhSoPaid

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 05:23)
user posted image

Look at the graffiti in the bottom left side if the canal to the left of the "tarp"

X15?? I think we may have found out first Latino gang sign!

And it's on the east side of the ls river considering south LS is to the west,,so it's on the east LS side?
I say this cause any sureno gang that pays homage to the Mexican mafia uses X3, so if there's an X15 then there must be a Latino gang paying homage to a fictional Mexican mafia? Could it be true?

@ohsopaid let me know what u think

i explained in my pm ese

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Do we have any Japanese ppl who can translate that article?

chibulls
  • chibulls

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by chibulls, 28 July 2013 - 02:42 PM.

QUOTE (OhSoPaid @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 22:14)
QUOTE (chibulls @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 22:09)
QUOTE (OhSoPaid @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:53)
QUOTE (chibulls @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:47)
@Getzmunney @ OhSoPaid

Thanks for y'all insight because y'all from LA.......† But yea man I think South LS and East LS is going to be bigger than we think.†

exactly, mexicans is taking over in south central east l.a everywhere, they will definately get it right!

However, the black areas are still huge, which means there is the huge varrios plus the, dont know how to say this but, the black areas, it is going to be MUCH bigger than we think.

And in advance, if i say anything you think is racist, im sorry, it isnt, im not racist.
Just to get that out there

Naw you good Paid.

I'm black and from one of the worst and blackest cities in the nation (Baltimore) and you come off as cool to me. I don't care if you Mexican, Australian, European, etc. I have love for everybody we all brothers and sisters in my eyes.

But yea Paid I hope the Barrios/hoods are huge with all the housing projects (Aliso Village before being demolished, Nickerson Gardens, Jordan Downs, Imperial Gardens, The Jungles, Ramona Gardens, etc.)

yeah my names hector btw.
and yeah unless they piss me off, then they aint my brother:p

and yeah, we seen jungles,

i want to see the downs, the gardens, the courts and ramona, and maybe hacienda village squeezed in somewhere, but definatley wanna see aliso in east l.s,

but also wanna see south centrals, legendary 1 story houses with the colors tounge.gif
and wanna see lots of sets of a gang based on sureno, like some in gta compton like based off,

tortilla flats
70s

and some in florence, like florencia

and some in watts like watts varrio grapes

Sup Hector

Man if they add most of them Barrios u named to the game that would be 2 good.

Edit: meant to say Imperial Courts.

chibulls
  • chibulls

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 05:29)
QUOTE (chibulls @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 17:47)
@Getzmunney @ OhSoPaid

Thanks for y'all insight because y'all from LA.......  But yea man I think South LS and East LS is going to be bigger than we think. 

Love the sig. Home.

Thanks bro

chibulls
  • chibulls

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

@jsaba2018

I found a little information:

We go to quite extreme lengths to make sure we capture the right flavor of each area. Weíve always done a good amount of research, bringing a large chunk of the team over to photograph the locations, but since IV this has really moved up a gear. We took over a quarter-million photos this time and filmed many hours of video. We pored over the various online mapping and street-view tools. Our research team created dozens of DVDs filled with information, documentaries, news stories, video clips, etc. Census information informed the population control in the game for each area.

We looked at information on car sales and ownership in California to guide our vehicle list. Basically, any information we could get our hands on has been used in some way. All this stuff just works as a guide; we arenít just trying to copy or emulate the real place. Weíre using it as a basis to push and pulling to something vibrant and distinct. Thatís easier to do when itís based on the solidity of reality though, when youíre building on something rather than freestyling. When scouting locations during the research phase, Rockstar often relies on rules to introduce them to the different cultural pockets of the cities that tourists donít often come across. Who showed you around Southern California? The research trips were huge. We covered such a huge area. Just covering a massive sprawling city like L.A. is hard enough without also including the desert, hills, forests, towns, and farms with that. Our research team did a fantastic job organizing this all and hooking us up with the right people to show us around. From architectural historians and location scouts, to off-duty cops and DJ Pooh. We were taken to the perfect places, educated, and kept safe!

Afrojacked
  • Afrojacked

I lift heavy things up, and put them down.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

user posted image

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Afrojacked @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:17)
user posted image

This is where franklin n lamar live..jungles

OhSoPaid
  • OhSoPaid

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

^ yeah thats the jungles, we seen that, i wanna see lots of variety in the ghetto, whether it be a main street or a back alley with a dead body, i think we will see it right.

Jessegta
  • Jessegta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (JCX1992 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:34)
That ugly bridge in the background just kills it for me.

user posted image

Neo Arcadia
  • Neo Arcadia

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

I've been thinking... Regardless of its absolute size, the HD LS ghetto is probably going to be inferior to the 3D one unfortunately. This time around the ghetto looks to be a largely flat, continuous area surrounded by other parts of the city. In SA, you had the train tracks, highway, and canal separating areas, Vagos territory was very hilly and had the ocean-side highway, Los Aztecas territory was more isolated, Ballas territory varied from a little hilly to suburban and had a pond, etc. Basically it was all like a separate city. There were even areas outside the designated ghetto that belonged to the Ballas and Families, like Temple and Verona/Santa Maria Beach. In comparison V's ghetto looks like just one distract, really. Though I'd prefer it to not be so, it's obvious those areas east and northeast of it are just industrial.

I suppose it can be chalked up to how this time the gangs won't be the primary focus and the ghetto doesn't need to be as extensive, but the downgrade still feels wrong to me.

OhSoPaid
  • OhSoPaid

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Neo Arcadia @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 19:21)
I've been thinking... Regardless of its absolute size, the HD LS ghetto is probably going to be inferior to the 3D one unfortunately. This time around the ghetto looks to be a largely flat, continuous area surrounded by other parts of the city. In SA, you had the train tracks, highway, and canal separating areas, Vagos territory was very hilly and had the ocean-side highway, Los Aztecas territory was more isolated, Ballas territory varied from a little hilly to suburban and had a pond, etc. Basically it was all like a separate city. There were even areas outside the designated ghetto that belonged to the Ballas and Families, like Temple and Verona/Santa Maria Beach. In comparison V's ghetto looks like just one distract, really. Though I'd prefer it to not be so, it's obvious those areas east and northeast of it are just industrial.

I suppose it can be chalked up to how this time the gangs won't be the primary focus and the ghetto doesn't need to be as extensive, but the downgrade still feels wrong to me.

theres echo park, that will have hispanic gang, that aint ghetto, but it has gang violence

and if it is the size of SA ghetto ill me happy

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

i think u are in for a surprise

Huey Freeman
  • Huey Freeman

Modern Day Activist

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

I agree allot... It might suck but let that keep you from enjoying the game. Everyone wants a full sized realistic ghetto

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 15:41)
user posted image

Yep!!

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (chibulls @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 14:41)
@jsaba2018

I found a little information:

We go to quite extreme lengths to make sure we capture the right flavor of each area. Weíve always done a good amount of research, bringing a large chunk of the team over to photograph the locations, but since IV this has really moved up a gear. We took over a quarter-million photos this time and filmed many hours of video. We pored over the various online mapping and street-view tools. Our research team created dozens of DVDs filled with information, documentaries, news stories, video clips, etc. Census information informed the population control in the game for each area.

We looked at information on car sales and ownership in California to guide our vehicle list. Basically, any information we could get our hands on has been used in some way. All this stuff just works as a guide; we arenít just trying to copy or emulate the real place. Weíre using it as a basis to push and pulling to something vibrant and distinct. Thatís easier to do when itís based on the solidity of reality though, when youíre building on something rather than freestyling. When scouting locations during the research phase, Rockstar often relies on rules to introduce them to the different cultural pockets of the cities that tourists donít often come across. Who showed you around Southern California? The research trips were huge. We covered such a huge area. Just covering a massive sprawling city like L.A. is hard enough without also including the desert, hills, forests, towns, and farms with that. Our research team did a fantastic job organizing this all and hooking us up with the right people to show us around. From architectural historians and location scouts, to off-duty cops and DJ Pooh. We were taken to the perfect places, educated, and kept safe!

Nice bro nice! I thought I heard something about alot of photos being taken

OhSoPaid
  • OhSoPaid

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 19:30)
user posted image

Yep!!

franklin lives across the street but i think lamar lives in the jungles, there set could be based of p stones,

green p rock families?

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (OhSoPaid @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 19:36)
user posted image

Yep!!

you all know that the image of the "Jungle" is from the film Training Day right?

OhSoPaid
  • OhSoPaid

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Jioyt @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 20:02)
user posted image

Yep!!

you all know that the image of the "Jungle" is from the film Training Day right?

yeah? We talking about the gta 5 jungles though, someone posted this pic though

Afrojacked
  • Afrojacked

I lift heavy things up, and put them down.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (OhSoPaid @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 20:22)
QUOTE (Jioyt @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 20:02)
user posted image

Yep!!

i was watching training day yesterday night and thought about this street its perfect for gta. it has no end it's like new grove street tounge.gif

And training day 10/10 !

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by Jioyt, 28 July 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Yeah but I kinda wanted to point it out since its from a film and in case some one didn't know if it was real or a re-enactment.

@afrojacked: I would give Training Day a 9 and a half because it has a lot of Gang scenes in it, but the ending disappointed me. he just lets whatshisname walk free
and then he gets killed by the CIA or something.

OhSoPaid
  • OhSoPaid

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Jioyt @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 20:59)

Yeah but I kinda wanted to point it out since its from a film and in case some one didn't know if it was real or a re-enactment.

ok thats cool hombre

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

In Franklins trailer there a lot of graffiti on the walls. maybe this means as a side mission you can spray your gang tags here
and there or have a "the best pattern wins" or somthing

OhSoPaid
  • OhSoPaid

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Jioyt @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 21:11)
In Franklins trailer there a lot of graffiti on the walls. maybe this means as a side mission you can spray your gang tags here
and there or have a "the best pattern wins" or somthing

yeah i hope we can be tagging an sh*t and dissing the rivals, letting yo enemies know whos varrio they in!

And throw up yo set

OhSoPaid
  • OhSoPaid

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

look in the top right corner, user posted image

you see them shoes? thats a good sign for the hoods

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (OhSoPaid @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 21:18)

doesn't that mean drugs are being sold somewhere?
or is that just in Britain?

Also do you think the main character in the image is BETA franklin?

OhSoPaid
  • OhSoPaid

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Jioyt @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 21:23)

whachu smoking ese?

Just kidding hombre, i could mean lots, signifying gang turf, a banger been killed, you know?

We dont know what it means in gta though, im hoping it for the murders

look in franklin trailer when the guy in white tee and cap says you aint got no respect and also when lamar says ha gangsta sh*t

thats him.

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:34 PM Edited by Jioyt, 28 July 2013 - 09:36 PM.

QUOTE (OhSoPaid @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 21:27)
QUOTE (Jioyt @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 21:23)

whachu smoking ese?

Just kidding hombre, i could mean lots, signifying gang turf, a banger been killed, you know?

We dont know what it means in gta though, im hoping it for the murders

look in franklin trailer when the guy in white tee and cap says you aint got no respect and also when lamar says ha gangsta sh*t

thats him.

who said im smoking` what? are you a cop? coz if u are I gotta know. its the law.

that gets my BETA question out of the way then

I personally think for GTA:V it will mean something BIG has gone/will go "down"
if you know what I mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users