Photo

The ghettos of Los santos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5,800 replies to this topic
jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:43 AM Edited by jsaba2018, 02 August 2013 - 10:31 PM.

I haven't really seen any light shed on this area!

And I swear to god if the ghettos of Los santos aren't vibrant and I mean like:

-hearing gunshots in the distance
-dice games
-drug dealing and people yelling "5-0" and bolting when they see cops
- streetfights
-trash littering the streets
-dogs barking
-police harassment on locals
-AI crimes like witnessing a drive by or seeing a homicide scene taped off by police
-various gangs, perhaps broken down into decentralized sets not whole areas
-dodgy alleyways and shoes hanging off wires
-corrupt police
-crackheads
-swapmeets
-block parties
-pimps n hoes
-gang graffiti
-the ghetto bird spotlight at night/patrollin during day
-seeing a dead body decomposing in an alley or in the LS river

If none of this is in the game or at least some of it I will be one pissed off person as they haven't done los santos properly. I don't care if its not part of the story. I just like to have that dangerous feel like little Haiti in vice city or st marks in gta III. IV was crap with the crime and vibrancy of ghetto areas.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES RELATING TO THE GHETTO IN YOUR CITY, it may not be LA, but it helps the topic nonethless by bringing fresh ideas!
  • Treetoppiru likes this

1691lsu
  • 1691lsu

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

We saw dogs barking and shoes hanging of power lines in trailer 1.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Dice games/Ho's? Do you mean this to be a combined hybrid?

How mad will you be if there's no one yelling "five-OH!" which sounds about 1998ish. I never hear anyone say that, not in the past many years.

(and I listen a lot!)

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Don't criticize. I'm just stating my opinion

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

You know South Central LA is nothing like it was in the 90's right?

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

But this is los santos wink.gif

Los Santos citizen
  • Los Santos citizen

Chicks Dig Giant Robots

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:50)
Don't criticize. I'm just stating my opinion

Well if you didn't want others opinion then you shouldn't have posted then

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 19:48)
Dice games/Ho's? Do you mean this to be a combined hybrid?

How mad will you be if there's no one yelling "five-OH!" which sounds about 1998ish. I never hear anyone say that, not in the past many years.

(and I listen a lot!)

I experienced a house party environment once (not my cup of tea) and sure enough someone smashed a beer bottle and one of the neighbors called the cops. Next thing you know all we hear is "FIVE OH! FIVE OH! FIVE OH!" - This was 2010.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

I agree with this topic. Anyone who doesn't care, is unaware of the experience. What's the point of making South Central, if the characters are just as dangerous as the rich guys in the hills? This area needs to be filled with people who don't have sh*t, and don't give a f*ck. The criminals need to be threatning, and the resident's need to be a clear cut product of their enviorment.

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

I think they will shed light on the ghettos, when or if they shed more light on Franklin.

At least I hope so. I think we haven't seen more of the ghettos because I think Rockstar wants to make it clear that this is not a San Andreas clone.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

I agree. And they should be fueled by the economic crisis which the game is based on so yeah crime should ravage the city and be pretty bad in the ghetto areas.

Tell me people. As soon as you hear south central Los Angeles, what pops into your head? That's what I thought. Crime crime and more crime the place is and will always be synonymous with crime, so to remodel la in gta v. They would have to include a few crime ridden ghettos with the features I said above.
  • Treetoppiru likes this

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

Crime in SCLA? Definitely. It should definitely be conveyed in the game.
But that NWA, Boyz n the hood bullsh*t that OP is on about... no.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 03:06)

But that "boys in the hood sh*t" composes the majority of crime in south central. Streetgangs run the area, there's just been a shift from African American to Hispanic majority, and they have become more discreet on their actions since the 90's
  • Treetoppiru likes this

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 21:52)
You know South Central LA is nothing like it was in the 90's right?

The 90's has nothing to do with it. Go to any ghetto in america right now, and there is someone waiting to get into a criminal act. They don't like outsiders. You can get your face stomped in by multiple people, just for being in the wrong place, or looking out of place. There is yellow tape surrounding blocks every night. Death is a common theme in most ghettos. Men with no sense of remorse, killing because it's the easiest way to resolve a conflict. Liqour stores, crack houses, police patrol, porject buildongs, etc... These things aren't just a backdrop. Real people caught in the circumstance inhabit these areas. It is real.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:06)

Seeing where you're from, you are clearly out of touch with what "STILL" goes on in the "HOOD"

What they don't know, don't show, don't really care bout what's going on in the streets of South Central. lol

ill-thoughts
  • ill-thoughts

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

GTA:SA did a good job with random shots, cops vs ballers/grove shootouts, a guy who randomly stole your car, etc....im sure theyve studied SA enough and ported all that stuff over. i have a friend who lived in South Central this year and she lived next to a drug dealer and said it was HORRIBLE, shootouts and arguements everynight. lol its difficult for people to comprehend but theres always something happening in most ghettos...but amazingly, there is alot of downtime when the hood is rather...Peaceful smile.gif

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

I like this topic lol it's got a good blend of real life experience and people who think they know the real thing and are ignorant in the sense as they think the crime is "not as bad as it used to be" or the crime has gone into thin air? WTF they thinkin Ghettos are an unmistakeable part of LA, and to not portray them PROPERLY in gta v, then they can't say they have successfully remodeled la
  • Treetoppiru likes this

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

I no longer live in the ghetto, but I still have family there. Let me paint you a picture of what I saw when I picked my cousin up a few weeks ago.

- A memorial of flowers. ballons, teddy bears, & pictures for a little girl caught in a drive by shooting, sitting on the side of the road.

- A police patty wagon in a parking lot, like 12 guys on there knees, and women arguing with the cops.

- A local market area filled with people, cars with giant rims and custom paint jobs, open bottles of Liqour, kids and pregnant women present, and bootleggers.

- A Little ceasars store front destroyed, because the guy who got fired knew where to find the safe.

This is normal sh*t.
  • Treetoppiru likes this

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

Wow man that's rough. Where I live we've had 4 shootings in the past month so yeah. I WANT SOMETHJNG IN THIS GAME I CAN RELATE TO DAMMIT

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:26)
I like this topic lol it's got a good blend of real life experience and people who think they know the real thing and are ignorant in the sense as they think the crime is "not as bad as it used to be" or the crime has gone into thin air? WTF they thinkin Ghettos are an unmistakeable part of LA, and to not portray them PROPERLY in gta v, then they can't say they have successfully remodeled la

My Man. biggrin.gif

It's the same thing as bringing Beverly Hills to life. All the previews talked of little things like rolling hills, sprinklers, green lawns, friendly neighbors, etc...

If that same level of detail doesn't go into South Central, they have failed to recreate the area.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

I agree man, and it frustrates me when people don't bring this sh*t up and overlook it for things like "what music in the game", dude WTF. I agree if they put all this detail into the affluent areas then they should do likewise for the ghettos

RussianFreak
  • RussianFreak

Russian Patriot, PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

"- streetfights
-graffiti/ trash
-dogs barking"
Seen all this already. To be honest, all these people that 'live in the hood' (yeah, and I worked for the KGB) seem to be caught up in nostalgia. I've been to South Side of Chicago and I can't say it's a mirror image of what these people are sensationalizing. Yes, there's poverty. Yes, there are drugs. But all this 90s dialogue...yeah, some of us want the gangbanger era back, but it's gone. It's more organized even there now. Sure there are still gangs but they're just not as prevalent as before. Rockstar should tone it down just to not make it cheesy, but there should definitely be certain dangers and other environmental elements to contribute to the feel. Chain nets on basketball hoops, etc etc.

DickieM
  • DickieM

►S☼LS◄

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:43)
-hearing gunshots in the distance
-dice games, hoes
-people yelling "5-0" and bolting when they see cops
-AI crimes like witnessing a drive by or seeing a homicide scene

Los Santos is not based on Detroit/D.C./New Orleans/Baltimore/Philly/Chicago etc lol

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

Wow, some people are so full of sh*t. Talk what you know. @RussianFreak & @DickieM.

I hate when people try to formulate there opinion, and make it sound like fact. Nostalgia he says. You clearly are full of sh*t. Everything stated here happens. I've been to the south & west sides of Chicago, and it's no picnic. Not too long ago like 23 peolpe died in the span of 48 hours, with 52 being injured. @DickieM, you do know that South Central is still South Central, right? Don't be a tard.

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Don't forget them infamous car jackings! Can't tell you how many i've seen when i've been in SC...

heroe
  • heroe

V

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (RussianFreak @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 04:22)
"- streetfights
-graffiti/ trash
-dogs barking"
Seen all this already. To be honest, all these people that 'live in the hood' (yeah, and I worked for the KGB) seem to be caught up in nostalgia. I've been to South Side of Chicago and I can't say it's a mirror image of what these people are sensationalizing. Yes, there's poverty. Yes, there are drugs. But all this 90s dialogue...yeah, some of us want the gangbanger era back, but it's gone. It's more organized even there now. Sure there are still gangs but they're just not as prevalent as before. Rockstar should tone it down just to not make it cheesy, but there should definitely be certain dangers and other environmental elements to contribute to the feel. Chain nets on basketball hoops, etc etc.

I doubt you've been to chicago or atleast south chicago.

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

former resident of rimpau & slauson. the 60's. south central neighborhoods dont all look like ghettos. you can have pretty palm trees lining your yard but gunshots ripping up your street after dark.

there is no color banging & all that now days but you must be very aware what block you are on. drivebys & all that still happen but the highlight of evening news in l.a. is usually a car chase.

i agree with making the hood realistic but that would really depend on the a.i. & how they are programmed 2 act. maybe where ever "gang bangers" spawn on the map they all have the same bad attitude.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

I just can't wait to flick off a street gang and hop out the car with a 9 like.... cool.gif suicidal.gif

TheDizasterChild
  • TheDizasterChild

Hater Player

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

I used to work as a maintenance man in the projects here where I live, and even here where it's not big-city, sh*t was still pretty bad. At least three times a week, there'd be a police raid on an apartment, usually resulting in a foot chase or even a car chase. I've had to call 911 first thing in the morning to report dead bodies from the night before a few times. I've seen people get their domes split on the concrete and brick walls. Ghettos haven't changed and never will. Maybe the whole colors and gangs thing has chilled out, but it's not gone, nor will it be.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 03:21)
QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:06)

Seeing where you're from, you are clearly out of touch with what "STILL" goes on in the "HOOD"

What they don't know, don't show, don't really care bout what's going on in the streets of South Central. lol

They dont listen brah.. They always come back with smart ass dumb sh*t to say

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users