Photo

GTA V Mythbusters!

296 replies to this topic
djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (DoomsdayFAN @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 08:10)
Cant wait to light a store on fire! I hope the fire lasts and isn't just like RDR/GTAIV where to burns out after a few seconds.

Haha yes, there will be many fun things we can do with gasoline and a lighter!

I hope when you shoot a gas tank that it leaks petrol rather than explode.

Sinister Assassin
  • Sinister Assassin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Sharks confirmed, and submarines confirmed. As of dec 24 screenshots icon14.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Sinister Assassin @ Monday, Dec 24 2012, 18:03)
Sharks confirmed, and submarines confirmed. As of dec 24 screenshots icon14.gif

icon14.gif

djdiond
  • djdiond

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Tuesday, Dec 25 2012, 09:24)
QUOTE (Sinister Assassin @ Monday, Dec 24 2012, 18:03)
Sharks confirmed, and submarines confirmed. As of dec 24 screenshots  icon14.gif

icon14.gif

Just saw that! I'm updating the main page, thank you.

djdiond
  • djdiond

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

Main page updated!

CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

I'm still very sceptical about the largest map ever. The source that's quoted in here actually reutters the same sentence we've heared before. Basically it says it's bigger if you include "interior and exterior spaces". This statement does in no way relate to the overall map size.
I've stated this repeatedly but the wording "bigger than...with room to spare" is also very likely wishy-washy marketing-talk. It's a tautology, because if something is bigger than something else, it already means that there's room to spare.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Only just seen this topic. Nicely made. icon14.gif

djdiond
  • djdiond

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 12:31)
Only just seen this topic. Nicely made. icon14.gif

Thank you biggrin.gif

thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (CorneliusCoffin @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 02:28)
I'm still very sceptical about the largest map ever. The source that's quoted in here actually reutters the same sentence we've heared before. Basically it says it's bigger if you include "interior and exterior spaces". This statement does in no way relate to the overall map size.
I've stated this repeatedly but the wording "bigger than...with room to spare" is also very likely wishy-washy marketing-talk. It's a tautology, because if something is bigger than something else, it already means that there's room to spare.

It wouldn't be hard, there are huge open worlds in gaming these days. Their biggest so far isn't all that big in comparison, so yeah...not really that implausible.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (thestoneman420 @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 14:45)
QUOTE (CorneliusCoffin @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 02:28)

It wouldn't be hard, there are huge open worlds in gaming these days. Their biggest so far isn't all that big in comparison, so yeah...not really that implausible.

When a person like Aaron says that regarding the size of V, it is automatically implied that he talks about the interior worlds of the game-worlds involved in the summation too.

In other words:

"The worlds-both interior and exterior-of SA, IV and RDR is smaller than the world-interior and exterior-of GTA V".

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (djdiond @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 01:27)
QUOTE (Bitches_Brew @ Monday, Nov 26 2012, 23:51)
QUOTE (djdiond @ Monday, Nov 26 2012, 02:38)
QUOTE (ThisThatSwag @ Monday, Nov 26 2012, 07:46)
Amazing thread. I don't get to log in often here but I always surfing and checking out this thread  icon14.gif

OT: I know there's a lot of talk about underwater caves but is that confirmed? (Sorry if already mentioned but I can't quite seem to recall reading that in any of the previews)

Edit: Also under confirmed you can put enterable 24/7 stores, source GI article. As to what we can do, that's still up in the air, but they did mention how each individual item of food and Cigarette boxes were individually modeled which leads me to believe snacks are a possibility and maybe smoking.

Either way they will still be fun to mess around in.

Updated with the Enter-able 24/7 stores!

Underwater caves were confirmed in one of the non-English previews, I will try and find the source.

edit: I found the source!

http://www.meristati...e-juego/1816760

this is how the "cave part" translates to english....

We are also pleased to learn that Carl Johnson will finally be the only character in the franchise can dive as we traverse the coastal bottom of Los Santos , also having a team of divers to get even discover that some who another underwater cave.

i don't get it dontgetit.gif

haha, thats because google translator is crap.

Here is the reference.com translation:

Also we are glad to learn that Carl Johnson left the order to be the only character of the franchise able to dive, since we can stroll through the coastal fund of the Saints, also having a diving equipment with which we will reach even to discover some that another cave sumerg

and freetranslation.com:

Also we be happy knowing that Carl Johnson will leave the end of being the only personage of the capable franchise of diving, since we will be able to travel through the coastal fund of The Saints, arranging besides a team of scuba diving with the one that we will arrive even to discover some that another cave sumerg

Therefor it is confirmed we can dive and there is underwater caves!

"También nos alegramos al conocer que Carl Johnson dejará al fin de ser el único personaje de la franquicia capaz de bucear, ya que podremos recorrer el fondo costero de Los Santos, disponiendo además de un equipo de submarinismo con el que llegaremos incluso a descubrir alguna que otra cueva sumergida. "

"We are also happy to know that CJ won't be the only character of the franchise able to swim underwater, because we can travel the coastal bottom of LS, being able also of having scuba diving equipment which we may be able to use to discover some hidden caves here and there."

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

As much as I hate being a party pooper, I have to disprove the alleged drug dealer in the trailer. The "drug dealer" actually appears to be standing, or rather relaxing by the wall, for fresh air, just as a lot of people would do.

djdiond
  • djdiond

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:54 AM Edited by djdiond, 29 December 2012 - 07:36 AM.

QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 05:26)
As much as I hate being a party pooper, I have to disprove the alleged drug dealer in the trailer. The "drug dealer" actually appears to be standing, or rather relaxing by the wall, for fresh air, just as a lot of people would do.

That's why its in plausible. Almost all GTA's have had drug dealer citizens and is more than likely they will return again in GTA V.

Edit: Also check Trailer 1 at 34 seconds, the pedestrian signals he does not want anything from what looks to be a drug dealer:

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

I know it's futile, but I'm still hopeing Michael tuns out to be Tommy.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (DoomsdayFAN @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 06:21)

It's not "futile" it's stupid... I mean, we all know that won't happen.. The characters are already been told. You can stop hoping for that now.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Entire section of BUSTED is wierd!
Myth says "... not/no ..." or something in those line. This means they are busted and thus this is in game!

djdiond
  • djdiond

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 06:25)
Entire section of BUSTED is wierd!
Myth says "... not/no ..." or something in those line. This means they are busted and thus this is in game!

I intentionally wrote it like that in the first build of the thread. Looking over it again after adding the tables it does look a little weird.

I will correct that and update the main page. Thanks for the feedback!

djdiond
  • djdiond

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

Updated the main page:

* Corrected the busted section
* Added Rob Sharpio as the voice actor for Trevor in plausible with OGSolo as the voice actor for Franklin
* A few typos and grammer corrections

Please feel free to contribute!

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (djdiond @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 02:22)
Updated the main page:

* Added Rob Sharpio as the voice actor for Trevor in plausible with OGSolo as the voice actor for Franklin

You put Rick instead of Rob. Rick denied on Twitter that he was the VA of Trevor. However, he did do some work in IV. There's a good chance it's Rob though.

djdiond
  • djdiond

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 12:30)
Updated the main page:

You put Rick instead of Rob. Rick denied on Twitter that he was the VA of Trevor. However, he did do some work in IV. There's a good chance it's Rob though.

Oh sh*t, I was meant to put Rob!

My mistake, corrected it.

huhwut?
  • huhwut?

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Snakes were in RDR so they might come in GTA V too, CAN'T WAIT TO SPAWN 500 SNAKES biggrin.gif

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I know it's futile, but I'm still hoping Franklin turns out to be Claude.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 18:52)

I know it's futile, but I'm still hoping Franklin turns out to be Claude.

I know it's futile, but LOL!

AdvanceTrak RSC
  • AdvanceTrak RSC

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (Timjones @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:48)
Army was confirmed?

i hope so

djdiond
  • djdiond

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (AdvanceTrak RSC @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 12:56)
QUOTE (Timjones @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:48)
Army was confirmed?

i hope so

Me too! There will be military in the game, but whether they chase you at 6 stars is another thing!

I really hope so. I want tanks and AH-64s!

Remorse
  • Remorse

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 19:26)

He's definitely a drug dealer. Body language can tell you a lot if you know what you're looking for.

Remorse
  • Remorse

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 02:30)
Updated the main page:

Although Rob is still a pretty good match, I think it's more likely someone other than him.

Look up Dean Stapleton. His voice and appearance match almost perfectly. The one difference I found between Dean and Trevor was that Trevor's nose is a bit wider. Could it be possible that R* modeled Trevor's face after Dean's, but made the nose a little bigger to make Trevor "uglier"? I think it's possible, given that Michael is modeled having a dimpled chin, but Ned Luke's chin is not dimpled.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0822949/

djdiond
  • djdiond

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:42 AM Edited by djdiond, 18 January 2013 - 04:48 AM.

Updated page with new info!

MythEvidenceComment
Most weapons in any GTA game yetScreenshotThis is a screenshot from the GI Magazine digital copy

Confirmed there will be the most weapons in any GTA game yet! This gives us hope for weapons such as the Katana, Minigun, Chainsaw, Flamethrowers, Dildos, Knifes, Police Clubs etc.

Polenz357
  • Polenz357

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

I seriously hope that we will have more and more diverse guns in GTA V and specially with much better sounds (GTA IV weapons didn't sound very good also had no echo). I am still waiting for the game that does justice to the real noise guns produce, guns completely muffle any other sound around, be it voices, cars, anything, so we should hear loud blasts and echo. The best weapons in GTA IV was in TLAD, the Automatic Pistol! suicidal.gif

I also hope there will be individual snacks, liquor bottles, packs of cigarettes and more restaurants, those kind of details are the difference between games and GAMES. Getting ice creams, drinking coffee and donuts, having some kebabs, pizzas, pastas, sushi et cetera would give the game more immersion and more life to the map.

djdiond
  • djdiond

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Thread update with dynamic weather and mini-guns now confirmed!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users