» «
Photo

Los Santos only as big as Liberty City

160 replies to this topic
ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:33 PM Edited by ThisIsHorosho, 21 November 2012 - 11:38 PM.

QUOTE (JonSnow17 @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 23:31)
QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 23:24)
QUOTE (azali10 @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 23:20)
QUOTE (73duster @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 22:59)
If it's anywhere NEAR the size of Liberty City, then it's quite big enough. We don't even know anything about all the interior spaces that have been confirmed. It would be nice to discover these spaces when playing the game, and not be privy to every little detail beforehand. To those of you who are concerned about the city being too "small", relax, it's going to be great.

I know right? I read the topic and I was like, "Only!?"

I think enterable buildings need to be marked in some subtle way so we aren't just pushing on random doors till one of them moves...

people were told Los Santos will be bigger than the WORLDS of GTAIV, RDR and SA combined!!! with a ROOM TO SPARE, than they've been told that Los Santos is just the size of Liberty City...wouldn't you be pissed?...its not even how big i prefer kind of case, its more like "keeping your promises" kind of case, even if its not an actual promise, still you hyped people up and should be bashed accordingly if what you hyped them for doesn't correspond hype level...

Are you f*cking stupid or what ? They were saying that the entire map including the countryside,desert,ocean and the interiors are making it the biggest one . Learn to read before you embarrass yourself again !

...do you want me to quote GI article again?...please someone else do it, so this blind f*cker would be ashamed of himself! bored.gif

ok here it is, i won't show a pic from GI page, since its not allowed...but here's the full sentence - "When you include interior and exterior spaces together Los Santos!!! is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV combined with a room to spare." now learn to read f*cker! and f*ck you, go wank of from embarrassment!

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

People should settle down about this. Dan Houser said it's going to be a really big map.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 23:33)
"When you include interior and exterior spaces together Los Santos!!! is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV combined with a room to spare."

Yeah, but in this context "Los Santos" means the entire map and not just the city. That's what I thought, and other sources seem to think the same.

Sorry for double post btw.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 17:24)
QUOTE (azali10 @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 23:20)
QUOTE (73duster @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 22:59)
If it's anywhere NEAR the size of Liberty City, then it's quite big enough. We don't even know anything about all the interior spaces that have been confirmed. It would be nice to discover these spaces when playing the game, and not be privy to every little detail beforehand. To those of you who are concerned about the city being too "small", relax, it's going to be great.

I know right? I read the topic and I was like, "Only!?"

I think enterable buildings need to be marked in some subtle way so we aren't just pushing on random doors till one of them moves...

people were told Los Santos will be bigger than the WORLDS of GTAIV, RDR and SA combined!!! with a ROOM TO SPARE, than they've been told that Los Santos is just the size of Liberty City...wouldn't you be pissed?...its not even how big i prefer kind of case, its more like "keeping your promises" kind of case, even if its not an actual promise, still you hyped people up and should be bashed accordingly if what you hyped them for doesn't correspond hype level...

I'll be honest. Were you really that foolish to think they were talking about only Los Santos when they said "bigger than RDR, IV, & SA with room to spare"? dozingoff.gif I you are then double-facepalm.

Wouldn't common sense tell you that they were referring to the whole map? I mean think about it. Los Santos being that big. Does that make sense? For the whole map, yes, but the city?

I'm glad they cleared it up with LS being the size of LC. And even if I were to somehow think LS was the size of RDR, IV, & SA combined I wouldn't be too pissed with them saying LS is the size of LC. But that would never happen, because, well, if you looked at the quote clearly they meant the map. sarcasm.gif

EDIT:
so this blind f*cker would be ashamed of himself

Oh really? You lack common sense, you should honestly be ashamed of yourself.

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Bumping this thread to show you guys we've known about this for a while now.. really confused why the forum is in a sudden uproar about Los Santos' size..

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Again, did you include Alderney in your calculation?
If you did, then there's no reason for you to be sad.
Rockstar has promised us that Los Santos is bigger than Liberty City, just like LA is bigger than NY.
Rockstar NEVER said Los Santos is bigger than LC and Alderney combined.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (BrianJohnsonsBrotherCarl @ Friday, May 24 2013, 19:54)
Bumping this thread to show you guys we've known about this for a while now.. really confused why the forum is in a sudden uproar about Los Santos' size..

See, Liberty City felt massive, yes. But a major contributing factor to that was the bridges. Take them away and cramp LC together; that is what LS is. That's why the uproar.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Click my sig, it's true.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:07)

See, Liberty City felt massive, yes. But a major contributing factor to that was the bridges. Take them away and cramp LC together; that is what LS is. That's why the uproar.

Exactly. But this will no doubt need to be explained over and over again.

Is Los Santos equivalent in size to the land mass of IV's Liberty City?

Yes.

Is Los Santos equivalent in size to IV's map?

No.

Conclusion: LS will feel much smaller than LC.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:10)
Click my sig, it's true.

Your calculations are all over the place in that first post. dontgetit.gif

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:20)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:07)

Exactly. But this will no doubt need to be explained over and over again.

Is Los Santos equivalent in size to the land mass of IV's Liberty City?

Yes.

Is Los Santos equivalent in size to IV's map?

No.

Conclusion: LS will feel much smaller than LC.

You know, this can actually be remedied by making more multi-tiered highways.
Like this:
user posted image
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users