Photo

Los Santos only as big as Liberty City

160 replies to this topic
heynowpoo
  • heynowpoo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

wow incredible face palm. Once again, people aren't complaining (well me anyway) that the MAP isn't huge. Yes, the map is freaking huge and looks amazing so far. We're just saying that the LOS SANTOS CITY PROPER is not that big as we probably would have expected. The CITY. Not the MAP. THE f*ckING LOS SANTOS CITY WHERE ALL THE BUILDINGS ARE.

Stop complaining about how we are complaining that the city isn't big enough. Firstly, Liberty City is great yes, but it was small in comparison to the previous game of San Andreas, so naturally, we are expecting a larger city in the next game after GTA IV. Hence some of us are surprised that it seems like LS isn't in fact, bigger than Liberty City.

Once again I would like to repeat since some of you can't read - THE MAP IS AMAZING. The country side is incredible. But Los Santos itself, doesn't seem that big.

Another note is that considering how much space they have filled with country side (judging from the screenshots), why couldn't they just make LS bigger. The countryside looks so incredibly huge that even adding like another LS (size from what we've seen so far) 3 times seems like not much to add.

Anyway, awaiting further hate responses and angry people.

Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

Good Catholic Boy

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Fine by me as long the countryside is big...

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (danny41294 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 06:01)
Los Santos is the same size as Liberty City, I really thought it would be bigger confused.gif Still got the desert and that though.

Itís not just large -- the city of Los Santos alone is comparable in size to the whole of Liberty City.

-IGN

New York City, which was the city Liberty City(minus Alderney) was based on was heavily populated, but Los Angeles, the city which Los Santos was based on, was bigger even though it was not as heavily populated as the former.

I assume LS will be as huge as LC and Alderney combined. That is more than enough!

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Looks like Choco Taco's dream of another city has been dumped because it looks like Los Santos is the only city in the game, which isn't a bad thing, like I said before. I just love how Choco Taco was really thinking this.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (heynowpoo @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 09:48)
wow incredible face palm. Once again, people aren't complaining (well me anyway) that the MAP isn't huge. Yes, the map is freaking huge and looks amazing so far. We're just saying that the LOS SANTOS CITY PROPER is not that big as we probably would have expected. The CITY. Not the MAP. THE f*ckING LOS SANTOS CITY WHERE ALL THE BUILDINGS ARE.

Stop complaining about how we are complaining that the city isn't big enough. Firstly, Liberty City is great yes, but it was small in comparison to the previous game of San Andreas, so naturally, we are expecting a larger city in the next game after GTA IV. Hence some of us are surprised that it seems like LS isn't in fact, bigger than Liberty City.

Once again I would like to repeat since some of you can't read - THE MAP IS AMAZING. The country side is incredible. But Los Santos itself, doesn't seem that big.

Another note is that considering how much space they have filled with country side (judging from the screenshots), why couldn't they just make LS bigger. The countryside looks so incredibly huge that even adding like another LS (size from what we've seen so far) 3 times seems like not much to add.

Anyway, awaiting further hate responses and angry people.

LS doesn't need to be bigger. It's already big. Liberty City was pretty damn big. It doesn't need to be bigger. There's towns around the desert and mountains anyway.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (FranticFatality @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:05)
Looks like Choco Taco's dream of another city has been dumped because it looks like Los Santos is the only city in the game, which isn't a bad thing, like I said before. I just love how Choco Taco was really thinking this.

Nice troll attempt, loser. I feel a little bad for you considering you don't have anything better to do with your time. I won't be replying to you again, so don't waste any more of your time. Go find something to do.

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Scream and Run

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

IV's Liberty City was the biggest city in a GTA game so far. The main complaints back then were that there wasn't anything aside from the urban sprawl. Now we have city roughly the same size as well as a sh*t ton of countryside, towns, farms, rivers, forests, a mountain and so on, and people still complain. Ridiculous.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Los Santos in it's entirety has not yet been shown in one screenshot/trailer. I must have posted this 1000 times, but the screen from the observatory only shows Downtown, part of Rockford Hills and Vespucci/Del Perro. The only screen that shows East LS from the air is the still from trailer 2 where the jet flies over the Vinewood sign towards the two helicopters, but that's at night so it's hard to see. You can still tell that the area is huge however.

Vincentto
  • Vincentto

Grove street... home

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (wtfFlag180 @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:03)
Do you really need more than that though? Liberty City was enormous. That's plenty of city-scape for one game, leaving for a more varied countryside, where a large expanse would actually be beneficial.

icon14.gif

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Just check the latest screen,...LS is going to be enormous!!!

kasa
  • kasa

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

hopefully LS ins't too small, another thing Im worried is what is there too do? Especially if they have now less minigames. in GTA IV was quite boring outside of the missions

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Liberty City is the biggest city we've had so far. If Los Santos is the same size, so what? We still have other unnamed medium sized cites and a TON of countryside. If Los Santos is as big as Liberty City than the area around the city is larger than San Andreas + RDR.

tealcus
  • tealcus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Can we expect another medium city ?

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

If you look at the map of LC (Alderney included) and fill in the disconnected areas with more city in place of the water, that would be a HUGE single city. And the Key word is COMPARABLE. meaning it could be a little bigger than LC.

Boss7dm
  • Boss7dm

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

GTA V = LC (LS)+ SA + RDR (DESERT+COUNTRY SIDE+MOUNTAINS)

Sounds great

Romans Cousin Niko
  • Romans Cousin Niko

Troll Patrol

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Having the map of GTA IV for one big city in V sounds great, and there's still the countryside with towns, farms, deserts, forrests, mountains, military bases et cetera.

Anyways, the smog really prevents us from seeing how big the city is. Doesn't it ever rain in Los Santos???

I Am Spoonbender
  • I Am Spoonbender

stop looking at me

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (TheJustinAllenK @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:03)
Liberty City was pretty big, in my opinion.

this, hell i'd be happy if the whole game map was same size as GTA IV's map. lol

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 18:19)

Nice troll attempt, loser. I feel a little bad for you considering you don't have anything better to do with your time. I won't be replying to you again, so don't waste any more of your time. Go find something to do.

Someone doesn't know what trolling means. Don't get all mad because Los Santos is the only city.

NML
  • NML

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

"Los Santos is only the size of Liberty City BUAAAAAHH!!"
user posted image

Like Liberty City wasn't big enough in IV, and now people are crying that the city is 'only' the same size as LC + country side. suicidal.gif
I expected LS to be smaller than LC, but it's the same size. It's going to be FRIGGIN HUGE!

Binman
  • Binman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

We haven't even seen all of it yet, we hacent even been shown the full golf course which makes me lead on to the idea that the full city has yet to be shown plus airport etc, and I bet the towns around will be decently sized aswell

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Yeah, Liberty City was big enough, and LA isn't a very interesting city anyway by comparison, absolutely no vertical scope - so I can't imagine how boring it would be if it was any bigger than Liberty City...

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 12:19)

colgate.gif D-oh you...
You think anyone who comments negatively about you is a troll.

Anyways, how can people be upset?
City just as big as Liberty City plus Alderney, it's more living and breathing, more vibrant, and we got countryside this time. Countryside that is way bigger than the already big city.
And the city is also very detailed and unique in all neighborhoods. If you complain about that, then I'm sorry, you really have issues, and are a spoiled gamer. Opinion my ass, just that's stupid as a bag of rocks right there.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

If it's anywhere NEAR the size of Liberty City, then it's quite big enough. We don't even know anything about all the interior spaces that have been confirmed. It would be nice to discover these spaces when playing the game, and not be privy to every little detail beforehand. To those of you who are concerned about the city being too "small", relax, it's going to be great.

faizanali
  • faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Liberty city was short, It was an island, LS wont be a island, So LS WILL be bigger.

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (73duster @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 22:59)
If it's anywhere NEAR the size of Liberty City, then it's quite big enough. We don't even know anything about all the interior spaces that have been confirmed. It would be nice to discover these spaces when playing the game, and not be privy to every little detail beforehand. To those of you who are concerned about the city being too "small", relax, it's going to be great.

I know right? I read the topic and I was like, "Only!?"

I think enterable buildings need to be marked in some subtle way so we aren't just pushing on random doors till one of them moves...

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (azali10 @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 23:20)

I think enterable buildings need to be marked in some subtle way so we aren't just pushing on random doors till one of them moves...

people were told Los Santos will be bigger than the WORLDS of GTAIV, RDR and SA combined!!! with a ROOM TO SPARE, than they've been told that Los Santos is just the size of Liberty City...wouldn't you be pissed?...its not even how big i prefer kind of case, its more like "keeping your promises" kind of case, even if its not an actual promise, still you hyped people up and should be bashed accordingly if what you hyped them for doesn't correspond hype level...

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

L.A. Noire has golden handles on doors the player can open, so there's a chance they'll include something similar in V.

@ThisIsHorosho: I always understood it as the gamemap being that size, i.e. LS and the surrounding countryside and seas.

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 23:24)

people were told Los Santos will be bigger than the WORLDS of GTAIV, RDR and SA combined!!! with a ROOM TO SPARE, than they've been told that Los Santos is just the size of Liberty City...wouldn't you be pissed?...its not even how big i prefer kind of case, its more like "keeping your promises" kind of case, even if its not an actual promise, still you hyped people up and should be bashed accordingly if what you hyped them for doesn't correspond hype level...

Why would I? I was expecting a smaller city. Did you honestly read the magazine and believe it was the whole city that would be that big when it was quite clear they were talking about the full map?

JonSnow17
  • JonSnow17

Thronie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 23:24)

Are you f*cking stupid or what ? They were saying that the entire map including the countryside,desert,ocean and the interiors are making it the biggest one . Learn to read before you embarrass yourself again !

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Not bad blush.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users