Photo

Los Santos only as big as Liberty City

160 replies to this topic
Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:44 AM Edited by Magic_Al, 16 November 2012 - 02:56 AM.

Anyone who thinks the paragraph in Game Informer did not refer to the whole map fails at comprehension. In context, Los Santos is "the world of Los Santos" not the literal city limits within the world.

However, IGN's statement comparing Los Santos to Liberty City refers only to the city limits. Though presumably Liberty City includes Alderney (since even in the game it's barely treated as different).

If, all of these given facts are true:
  • IGN has said the map is about five times the size of GTAIV.
  • IGN has said the city of Los Santos is about the size of GTAIV.
  • GI has siad the world of Los Santos is bigger than GTASA, GTAIV, and RDR.
Then, all of these observations must be true by algebra:
  • The non-city part of GTAV is the size of 4x GTAIV.
  • The non-city part of GTAV is larger than RDR+GTASA
  • RDR and GTASA together are smaller than 4x GTA IV

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 02:44)
Anyone who thinks the paragraph in Game Informer did not refer to the whole map fails at comprehension. In context, Los Santos is "the world of Los Santos" not the literal city limits within the world.

However, IGN's statement comparing Los Santos to Liberty City refers only to the city limits. Though presumably Liberty City includes Alderney (since even in the game it's barely treated as different).

Magic_Al, you don't need to make comparisons off
what's been said in the press. It took me 45 mins to walk
from Industrial in Alderney to the coast at the airport
in Broker. I can already tell from this screenshot

user posted image

...that it would take about 1 hour 20 mins to get from where they are
to the Vincent Thomas bridge on the other side of the city, at Niko's walking pace.

The game is huge.

Squidhead
  • Squidhead

Got the Vibe

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

You know that Alderney is not a part of Liberty City Right? You see in the screenshots Los santos is not that big.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Squidhead @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 21:11)
You know that Alderney is not a part of Liberty City Right? You see in the screenshots Los santos is not that big.

... dozingoff.gif OMG, when they say LC they mean the whole map of IV, gosh use your brain.
I wish R* would come out with this now saying that Los Santos is the size of GTA IV. But then you all will then complain, "There is only one mountain then" or some other cockamamie sh*t.

fitbikesbmx
  • fitbikesbmx

V

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

The fact that ONLY Los Santos is the size of Liberty City with an additional area the size of San Andreas plus Red Dead Redemption is over whelming. If you are let down, you should give up gaming because nothing will ever satisfy you.

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (Zee @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:07)
Wait, what happened to "Bigger than RDR and GTA4 combined"? You don't mean to tell me that's not true do you!?

This guy is the biggest dumbass on the forum.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

Jesus some of you guys kill me...

Liberty City is ALL of GTA IV, The "City of Los Santos" is just the city area not including countryside.

Liberty City was very big but it was spread aross 3 islands. Imagine that same mass in one chunk of urban and suburban region. We havent seen very much of LS because they have been very particular with the screen placements. This still leaves the countryside and desert which includes Blaine County, Grapeseed, and Mount Chiliad just to mention a few. Then we have a fully explorable underwater region.

How can anyone complain about this. I can usually see both sides of the coin but this is a f*cking wet dream and you guys are still not happy???

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 21:50)

Liberty City is ALL of GTA IV, The "City of Los Santos" is just the city area not including countryside.

Liberty City was very big but it was spread aross 3 islands. Imagine that same mass in one chunk of urban and suburban region. We havent seen very much of LS because they have been very particular with the screen placements. This still leaves the countryside and desert which includes Blaine County, Grapeseed, and Mount Chiliad just to mention a few. Then we have a fully explorable underwater region.

How can anyone complain about this. I can usually see both sides of the coin but this is a f*cking wet dream and you guys are still not happy???

IKR, they bitch for info and spam the newswire, but when they get what they requested, they can't help but complain, and it's not R*'s fault.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:14)
Maybe you should read the entire quote:

the city of Los Santos alone is comparable in size to the whole of Liberty City, and that doesn't take into account the surrounding areas -- but itís diverse, too.

Only the city is comparable to Liberty City. What they're effectively saying is that we're getting the IV map with all the hustle and bustle of urban and suburban areas, PLUS RDR and SA as countryside, desert, mountains etc. That is big!

yeah the countryside is where the meassurements stands

besides who wants to spend time in the city?

the city is probably 20% of the entire game being countryside and mountains

it's fine

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non Ť importante, ma Ť l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 13:57)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 21:50)

IKR, they bitch for info and spam the newswire, but when they get what they requested, they can't help but complain, and it's not R*'s fault.

Calm down...

Just realise this:

user posted image

Ps3blaze22
  • Ps3blaze22

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:10 AM Edited by Ps3blaze22, 16 November 2012 - 04:12 AM.

QUOTE (Boss7dm @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 01:30)
This is impossible. LS looks like the same size of LS in San Andreas, like 1/6 Liberty City

Good Joke. icon14.gif

Wait, you're actually serious? suicidal.gif
It's already motherf*cking confirmed Los Santos alone will be more than twice as big as IV's Liberty city, the city of LS will be as big as LC, there is a difference, now stop trolling and go back to Saints Row.

BRiXX
  • BRiXX

Three wise monkeys

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

when you say the city of los santos(not including the country side or wilderness) alone is the same size or is slightly bigger then the entire liberty city map, some people perceive that as being small because they've played the living sh*t out of gta iv and they now view any map comparable to LC as small.

i did almost everything in RDR and the fact that GTAV will be 2.5x or whatever the size of that game is amazing.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

With all these screens I can't believe people don't realize this map is huge!! Can't wait to see it!

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Compare all these pictures below and notice where the observatory is in each picture and think about the POV.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Let's not forget the Vinewood sign and the area below it which is cut off in the 3rd picture.

user posted image

And then, we have a huge countryside. I see no point in complaining.

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Ugh this argument about the map size will never end dozingoff.gif

Everyone has there own opinion on whats big and whats small to them. Me personally, I thought Los Santos would be a bit bigger than Liberty City in Gta IV considering how big the rest of the map actually is.

But like someone stated before, IGN said Los Santos is COMPARABLE to the size of Liberty City. Which could mean 2 things one being... It could be a bit bigger OR it could be the same size. So we really don't know. And I also don't believe the guys from IGN have really seen all of Los Santos so you just never know.

So since there's soooo much confusion here, I say we just wait till the game comes out to judge the size? Or when we get more pics/info about Los Santos itself. Either way, im sure the map will still never please everyone. Everyone should just keep faith in R*. I'm sure they won't disappoint us!!! As long as it tops GTA IV(and it will)... I'll be good biggrin.gif

brandon_johnson
  • brandon_johnson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

well think about it.... if we are able to fly planes then that means the map must be big

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

I heard someone earlier on here state that LS = LS county. (That's why LS is quoted in GI as being bigger than GTAIV,GTASA, and RDR combined.)

I doubt that; but what if the whole game was LS county? It would certainly change the context of anything stated in terms of V's location.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Perfectly fine with this, it'll be a big f*cking city, I mean it's basically all of IV with a f*cking country side and a desert ontop of that, why would anybody complain over that?

Liberty City was one big f*cking city in IV, why are people upset that LS is the same size? LC was all IV had and it was big enough to be the only setting for that whole f*cking game. With V we're getting a huge country side and a desert that combined will probably be the size of another 2 Liberty Cities, so why cry.. game's gonna be f*cking huge, city itself is f*cking huge.. There's nothing to be upset about

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

This minsleading topic title needs to be edited.

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

The map will be huge that's one thing I'm not worried about, LC was big so even if it is the same size that's the equivalent of 3 islands then you have lots of desert and coutry side not bad imo. The city may even be bigger than LC that would just be a bonus but not the end of the world we have better graphics, alot bigger map, 3 characters and that's only a small amount of info so far.. why even complain?

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

people are just forgetting the game isnt just in a city this time. Its in the state of San Andreas.

GTAMaster666
  • GTAMaster666

Mr. Satanic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Los Santos is smaller cus it's based off of Los Angels which is the 2nd biggest city in the US Libery City is based off of New York New York
is a bigger city by it's self New York is the biggest city in the US Los Angles is a city but has more land mass i say Los Santos is freaking huge it's 5 times bigger then Rdr
Gta 5 and Gta San Andreas enough about the city gees we have a desert Mt. screw the name you get my point Gta 5 is bigger badder better so stop crying like a b*tch.

GTAMaster666
  • GTAMaster666

Mr. Satanic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Gta 4*

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (wtfFlag180 @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 16:03)
Do you really need more than that though? Liberty City was enormous.

Exactly. a HUGE city and a huge desert/mountain/farmland area. Its nothing to complain about, AT ALL.

The only reason we should be hearing any kind of complaints is if they made this entire map smaller than the previous game.

BlackLightning
  • BlackLightning

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Oh my ......the whining on this forum is ridiculous. It's just the main city. And then you have Red Dead Redemption and San Andreas on top of that. Stop f*cking whining. This game is f*cking huge.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:45 AM Edited by Choco Taco, 16 November 2012 - 07:07 AM.

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 22:08)

Magic_Al, you don't need to make comparisons off
what's been said in the press. It took me 45 mins to walk
from Industrial in Alderney to the coast at the airport
in Broker. I can already tell from this screenshot

user posted image

...that it would take about 1 hour 20 mins to get from where they are
to the Vincent Thomas bridge on the other side of the city, at Niko's walking pace.

The game is huge.

Are you sure about that?

http://i.imgur.com/2ScJo.jpg

Troll Proof
  • Troll Proof

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Just to interject my two cents of semen into the post...

Note that if IGN/Rockstar's quote that
Itís not just large -- the city of Los Santos alone is comparable in size to the whole of Liberty City, and that doesn't take into account the surrounding areas -- but itís diverse, too.
then we should not only expect Alderney to be in the game (amongst the other smaller islands), but the water area should also be included when considering the size of LC.

I was expecting LS to be around the size of LA in LA Noire but if V's Los Santos contains the sum features of LC (clubbing, fight rings, bars, heli rides, golf) along with RDR's random events (dead bodies, random crimes) along with R*'s state machine programming for the AI....

I mean really, what else could you ask for. (BTW, I'm all about the city for V)

LittleJacobRESPECT
  • LittleJacobRESPECT

San Andreas PRO

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

Dude that's huge. Considering how big the rest of the map is, the size of the entire previous game just in the centre is amazing. In the recent screens though you can tell that the city of LS is probably just a bit smaller than liberty city itself

DiegoLosSantos
  • DiegoLosSantos

ThePottfather

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 03:44)

nothing to say. very bad analysis. you will see you totally wrong with your "algebra! ;D

sSiL3NZz
  • sSiL3NZz

Hellooo

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

quick question, do they(both rockstar and ign) mean the city or the map(water included)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users