Trailer 2 Analysis Thread

600 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (fridaynightscream @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 01:26)
QUOTE (gta_aus @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 05:23)
I'm sure most of you have noticed, but I just noticed it, in the scene where Michaels son is hanging off the boat, the guy on the boat trying to catch him is Franklin.

I didn't notice it till you said that.

REally??? Yea I saw that right away, I did however miss the fact that the ATC LAX tower can bee seen in the back just after that scene

Stopped
  • Stopped

Epsilon Follower

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

It could be a projectile fired from a Javelin?

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Michael & Trevor do a mission together ? seems better to think of it that way... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

another Hydra fired at him, missing, from above? missiles have lock on i would assume

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 20:53)
QUOTE (Royal55 @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 20:42)
What sort of aircraft is capable of dropping missles in that downward motion? Maybe we can narrow it down to a particular aircraft. Doubtful, but I've seen people figure crazier stuff out.

Hey, it's not impossible. You can clearly see a "Hydra" flying at the same altitude as a wide-body aircraft in that screenshot. tounge.gif

I wonder who the guy in the picture of your signature is, it's obviously not Franklin.

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (chuckberry04 @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 21:06)
What sort of aircraft is capable of dropping missles in that downward motion? Maybe we can narrow it down to a particular aircraft. Doubtful, but I've seen people figure crazier stuff out.

Hey, it's not impossible. You can clearly see a "Hydra" flying at the same altitude as a wide-body aircraft in that screenshot. tounge.gif

I wonder who the guy in the picture of your signature is, it's obviously not Franklin.

I Think It's either a random Guy used to show the cops, or a supporting minor character

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Speculations back then were pointing at a returning CJ, even though that was rebutted by R*'s statement of "No 3D era characters could exist in the HD era" - and by back then I mean back when Micheal was called Old balcony guy (that name will always be in my heart forever.)

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 22:01)

Speculations back then were pointing at a returning CJ, even though that was rebutted by R*'s statement of "No 3D era characters could exist in the HD era" - and by back then I mean back when Micheal was called Old balcony guy (that name will always be in my heart forever.)

Imagine if R* put that in the game.

*Random encounter as Michael*

Randomer: Hey your the old balcony guy!
Michael: Excuse me?
Randomer: Sorry pal, I don't know your name but i've seen you up there, I know who you are and what you do, and unless you want me to spill the beans then I suggest you help me out

Kill/Help the Randomer.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 22:01)

I've got to say I only ever remembered him as either 'Ned Luke' or 'Tommy Vercetti' before his name was confirmed. Miss those times aha.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Old Balcony Guy, Black/Hispanic/CJ Guy, and Bald Ugly Guy Who's Totally Not Going To Be Playable.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

i think Trevor is the one driving Franklin,there chasing that black guy in purple clothes (ballas?)

the hair of the driver looks similar to Trevor's.

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (SilentnElite @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 17:04)
QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 07:20)
Also on the scene with Chop jumping over the car hood, the guy in the car looks like he has Low-Settings face textures. mercie_blink.gif

And I think the same guy in the car is the guy that is seen running on the sceenshot with Franklin driving the Infernus. (Not sure if anyone said this)

You might be onto something.

user posted imageuser posted image

Also found these:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

That part could be chop chasing the black guy.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (AerialRocket @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 13:26)
QUOTE (SilentnElite @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 17:04)
QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 07:20)
Also on the scene with Chop jumping over the car hood, the guy in the car looks like he has Low-Settings face textures. mercie_blink.gif

And I think the same guy in the car is the guy that is seen running on the sceenshot with Franklin driving the Infernus. (Not sure if anyone said this)

You might be onto something.

user posted imageuser posted image

Also found these:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

That part could be chop chasing the black guy.

The words in the third picture are more than likely Park Railyard although there could be another word before park but not more because the curvature of the sign is going down after the RK. Also, that guy in the first two pictures seems to just be a random pedestrian.

Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (Stopped @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 04:40)
It could be a projectile fired from a Javelin?

Nah, a Javelin doesn't lock onto aircraft unless they are laser designated. I think all it is, is a heat seeking missle fired by the jet that missed, and curved up and back to hit its locked on target. Coincidence that it hit as the jet was flying by cause the heli wasnt moving very much, a mostly stationary target is much easier to hit. That's what I think.

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

It is Chop's M.D.P.R. fired out of his pink collar!!!
Massive Destruction Pooh Rocket
Very simple! turn.gif

G-Eazy
  • G-Eazy

Important

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 23:37)
Old Balcony Guy, Black/Hispanic/CJ Guy, and Bald Ugly Guy Who's Totally Not Going To Be Playable.

You dont say ?

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 23:37)

your a moron all 3 of them are playable

StellarFish20
  • StellarFish20

Pow.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (AerialRocket @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 12:26)
user posted image

Could these bridges be somehow linked to these bridges in the distance (Just under the guy with the chute.)

user posted image

westy_andy
  • westy_andy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:12 PM Edited by westy_andy, 16 January 2013 - 05:31 PM.

In the shot were the guy is firing the rocket at the red and white plane look at the propeller between the mountains
Theres a bridge I think any 1 know what bridge it is or where it goes looks pretty big monocle.gif could this go to another
City or island isn't LS to the left off that shot nervous.gif can any 1 see the thing I'm on about

nismo13
  • nismo13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

also if u notice in the trailer when trevor is trying to takeoff in the plane while being shot at(1:12-1:13), you will see someone shoot the side window behind the driver window and it only shatters where the bullet entered! I think thats pretty realistic because i recall if you would shoot the side window in gta iv the entire window would shatter.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

I know this has been brought up, but the black guy does actually have alot of purple on, shirt and his shoes are as well. I really hope familiar gangs are in the game.

Also motocross outfits and boots confirmed, i wonder why franklin isnt wearing a helmet

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 08:35)
I know this has been brought up, but the black guy does actually have alot of purple on, shirt and his shoes are as well. I really hope familiar gangs are in the game.

Also motocross outfits and boots confirmed, i wonder why franklin isnt wearing a helmet

Cause he's a frickin badass!!

I would say that the Ballas will return as a fictional bloods but the name of Grove street will be changed due to there likely being no Grove Street.. probably just to "The Families/Family" and Lamar will be part of this gang.. he's not wearing any green clothing but there are no shots of his back in the trailer so he could have a green rag hanging out of his back pocket either way I don't think members of such gangs have to wear their colours 24/7.. only in the hood.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (westy_andy @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 18:12)
In the shot were the guy is firing the rocket at the red and white plane look at the propeller between the mountains
Theres a bridge I think any 1 know what bridge it is or where it goes looks pretty big monocle.gif could this go to another
City or island isn't LS to the left off that shot nervous.gif can any 1 see the thing I'm on about

I know what you mean, thought so the first time I saw the screenshot. BUt watch the trailer again, there is no bridge. I guess it has been caused by the effects of the spinning prop or something, but when you see the trailer or frame by frame, you'll notice there is no bridge.

westy_andy
  • westy_andy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 13:59)
QUOTE (westy_andy @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 18:12)
Theres a bridge I think any 1 know what bridge it is or where it goes looks pretty big  monocle.gif could this go to another
City or island isn't LS to the left off that shot  nervous.gif can any 1 see the thing I'm on about

I know what you mean, thought so the first time I saw the screenshot. BUt watch the trailer again, there is no bridge. I guess it has been caused by the effects of the spinning prop or something, but when you see the trailer or frame by frame, you'll notice there is no bridge.

See what your sayin but it looks ssoooo like a bridge jus can't see it been the propeller
If it is a bridge it's 1 big ass bridge isn't there any way off finding out like takin the propeller out of
The picture I'm really craps with computers lol but if that's a bridge guys then it's a big find and a damn big
Bridge can't wait for this game 3 cheers for gta v Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Remorse
  • Remorse

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 11:07)
QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 08:35)
I know this has been brought up, but the black guy does actually have alot of purple on, shirt and his shoes are as well.  I really hope familiar gangs are in the game.

Also motocross outfits and boots confirmed,  i wonder why franklin isnt wearing a helmet

Cause he's a frickin badass!!

I would say that the Ballas will return as a fictional bloods but the name of Grove street will be changed due to there likely being no Grove Street.. probably just to "The Families/Family" and Lamar will be part of this gang.. he's not wearing any green clothing but there are no shots of his back in the trailer so he could have a green rag hanging out of his back pocket either way I don't think members of such gangs have to wear their colours 24/7.. only in the hood.

The gang was never anything more than "The Families". Grove St. Families is only one set. That's like saying the Ballas are actually called the Kilo Tray Ballas.

ArteminEm
  • ArteminEm

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

boobs biggrin.gif
user posted image

tomtom555
  • tomtom555

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (ArteminEm @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 21:27)
boobs biggrin.gif
user posted image

Looks like a POV of Candy Suxx.

nismo13
  • nismo13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Not sure if this was found before, but in close to the beginning of trailer two you can spot a construction worker (bottom) walking towards a portapotty. It would be cool if we could enter them or push them over when others are in them.

user posted image

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (nismo13 @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 17:38)
Not sure if this was found before, but in close to the beginning of trailer two you can spot a construction worker (bottom) walking towards a portapotty.

LOL Good find.

nismo13
  • nismo13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Not sure if this has been spotted. The car (red car on left) in this scene (dude falling from boat onto car) seems to have a black strip going through the middle of the car. This could possibly show that Gta may have custom paint jobs/upgrades, or it also mean nothing because GTA IV had certain cars with black strip paint jobs.

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users